/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General

spinning edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The higher population the better.
(A good system is Ray Gateway, Diaguandri)

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left alone until you have a Vulture or better.

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

Previous vision

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n-FI6TuaUQo
youtube.com/watch?v=PmaZw1xMxBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kiO3o6cIDuQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for memes

>DBS
>rank

what

I'm gathering up shit for the community goal, and this Geawen Dance Dust is a bitch because the station to buy it at is 490k ls away from the drop point. Fucking hell. They really need to increase supercruise acceleration.

You have to have chief petty officer to buy a DBS.

I can't even get above recruit with the new system.

DBS is not a faction ship

you don't need any rank at all

Maybe he's talking about federal dropship?

DEE BEE ESS

how the fuck do you spell federal drop ship with that

Diamondback Scout is not a rank ship man

Fuck me, I'm retarded.

I did mean federal dropship. FUCK.

I managed to smuggle some shit for the community goal at Herthe, but some of the shit I sold was at a loss, even though it is literally only sold at one station in one system and the community goal specifically asked for it. Great work Ftroop.

Whatever, I got myself in the top 25% by moving 48 tons of illegal drugs. Now we play the waiting game

I fucking know he said dbs. He just confused them, you fucking autist

autism keeps threads alive

top 25 gives what

Waifuposting keeps threads alive. Unfortunately we don't have any, so you're right we have to rely on autism

11.5 million right now, only going to go up as more people contribute. I'm probably going to do a few more Tarach Spice runs to keep my contribution up.

when does it end? I might do some tomorrow

Ends on the 16th.

Also is there a multipurpose ship that's worth a shit for 85~ish million?

And I don't mean the python, because I hear its nerfed to oblivion and can't fight shit.

I don't think it's actually been nerfed, it's just that it was not very good before and now with the new AI using thrusters out the ass it just can't keep up

>they give dsmart a platform
Worse than forum dads

Regardless, I don't think I can a-rank any python build with only 85m.

ofc not, you need like 200M for that

you can make a "multipurpose" FAS for something like 75M tho

Biweave, cargo rack, fuel scoop, collector controller, planetary hangar, ADS

If you skip the collectors you can get a smaller cargo rack in its place and run SCBs or a hull reinforcement in place of the larger cargo rack

I can't buy any federal ships because I don't have rank. And its impossible to get rank with the new system, unless there is some special way or place of doing it that I'm unaware of.

get an Asp then. Do long range haulage mission until you can into Python but prepare to be disappointed.

>can into Python

How much cargo can a Python hold while still having shields? Im pretty sure the Python is the new >ASP

I have a build at 240 tons with C4 bi weave shields and 5A fuel scoop. literally all the rest are cargo racks and an ADS

So what the hell has happened with all the people getting rekt by npc ships with full-auto railguns?

Its still here.

I'm still waiting and hoping Frontier will fix their bugs and nerf the AI a bit, but just like Musa getting a buff in BDO, its not happening.

No more auto-railguns but the AI has better ship control than any scrub so scrubs still get rekt.

The full auto railguns has been fixed.

Also they don't need to nerf the AI, they just need to make it so you're not literally ALWAYS running into Elite-level NPCs. Whenever Im running missions I'm almost guaranteed to only get stuck with Elite Eagles/Vipers packing railguns that rip me to shit within seconds if I don't immediately high wake out. It's awful, and this happens everywhere. Deadly/Dangerous/Elite rank AI should be locked only to hazrez in Anarchy/low sec systems and even then be uncommon.

Also, for fucks sake, stop with the fucking railguns, Ftroop. Why the fuck does every AI have railguns now. This is my biggest problem with them but I doubt they'll do anything because MUH DANGEROUS

What really salts me is how chaff does basically nothing since all the NPCs seem to have fixed weapons.

Double chaff is an auto win against a lot of players.
Good luck actually finding players though.

>play open
>never see anyone ever for a whole week
>log in and undock from station
>finally see a hollow dot
>its a corvette
>kills me within seconds of me passing through the slot, looks like he may have had engineer mods
>says that im in a pvp clan system and that hes going to keep killing me until i switch to solo and leave

And I switched to solo and never played Open again.

I'd really love to play in open if this game were decent and Ftroop had any fucking idea how to properly balance a multiplayer game, but I don't think Kinectimals and roller coaster sims gave them the experience they needed. There is literally no reason to play Open in it's current iteration unless you want to dick around this starfield screensaver with a friend. You may as well go play Decent.

Sounds like I need to keep waiting for the game to git gud.

>chaff is an omni-directional weapon lock-on breaker
frontier, i don't think you understand the concept of chaff

wait, so he killed you in a neutral zone and somehow did not get buttfucked by the station?

Hey, if it's good enough for Metal Gear...

Anarchy stations give no fucks, or he could have had a bounty.

Or the vette had enough range to snipe from outside effective range of the station's weapons and had enough time to book it.

The extent of my player interaction in open was when the imperial courier first came out and I bought one, and was complemented on it looking cool.

Open feels every bit as dead as solo 99% of the time

jesus fuck OP some of us post from work here
if mister Braben catches me again I have to spend an other hour in the vision chambers

>tfw the rebirth of spacesim turned into a stillbirth
Why did it have to be like this?

They were never good, This whole genre died for a reason.

because its called necromancy if you try to bring that something died
and you cant truly bring back anything that died once

>un-mothball orca
>dirty drive tuning
>kinetic resistant reactive armor
>kinetic resistant HRPs
>optimized for high mass
>encounter corvette
>ram it dead

Not sure what his loadout was but I did less than 20% to myself.

>hull tank FAS
>encounter Conda
>shoot his shields down and damage his hull some
>boost ram straight through the fucker's hull

CHOO CHOO

is there any response from the frontier how are they going to unfuck the game

or they are trying to ignore the shitstorms?

The response is VACATION.

they are STILL on vacation

holy shit is this for real

how many holidays britbongs have

Does the Gunship work for ramming or is it too slow?
I think it's sexier than the FAS and I didn't grind that rank for nothing

fuck i just encountered a cheating python ai
it pulled maneuvers impossible for a python
like full 180 turn while barely moving in 5s

IMPROVED
AI
PIP MANAGEMENT

Hey faggits, Ceos/Sothis is the new Robigo.

>Just go there with a tradeconda with high cargo/jump range. While there, buy a dadbra or something similar.
>Go haul data missions to Ceos or Sothis until you all minor factions are Friendly.

>Pick all long range hauling missions paying you 5-10m per 50 tons or cargo. Stack 300t worth of them and go back to the bubble.

>no interdickings. Takes less time than Robigo

????

Profit!

Anyone playing any other space games?
Playing hard difficulty missions for Dying Sun. Short game, but maybe that's only cause I don't spend 100 hours in hyperspace and supercruise between missions.

Also Call of Duty will have a single-player, mission-based, military sci-fi, space game before Squadron 42. So that's funny.

>Dying Sun
Finished it in one sitting. Too short.

maybe not what you seek but I can recommend rebel galaxy and space run

combine both you get a better game than what elite will ever be in 10 years

also this
youtube.com/watch?v=n-FI6TuaUQo

What did you think of the gameplay?
I think a new mode is being added soon, so if you didn't refund it you should give it another go when it releases.

Will give them a look. Cheers.

That reminds me I also started playing Freespace 2 for the first time.

its a freespace mod
very good

not him but dying sounds felt like the SUPER HOT of space sims

I have a feeling that they will follow their new innovative development technique tested before 2.1 release.

No big patches or fixes before 2.2, which will contain cumulative fixeroony.

Reminder that you gave those hacks your money, boyos.

I like it, reminded me both of Freespace and Colony wars.

Damn, I would play a Colony Wars: Red Sun remaster with a low poly aesthetic preserved.

>its a freespace mod
>very good
Yeah that's why I remembered about Freespace. I think I played a FS2 BSG mod a while back. Beyond the Red Line or something?

I do wish the procedural mission system was still in in some form. It seemed cool being able to jump around avoiding the enemy big guns while wrecking all their shit. I guess that remains in the form of the flagship jumping in.

Yeah, it's a pity Mike stremlined the fuck outta his game.
>no pseudo open world
>no dread economics
>"strategic" overlay is mostly useless
>weapon variety is meh
>only one basic flyable ship design
Not going to refund it though as I've enjoyed it.

yep
this explains the horrible sales at steamspy

diaspora is way better

also try the Jupiter incident BSG mod

just glorious

>"strategic" overlay is mostly useless
At least on the easier difficulties I found I could finish a lot of the levels without setting foot in the cockpit. Except the AI is a kind of shit shot with the sniper cannon, so I have to jump in to use that.

E3 UPDATE FOR NERDS:
Frontier won't announce anything at E3 this year.

HORIZON SEASON SPILLING INTO 2017 CONFIRMED

AYY

Holy shit dude. The 50% decay is a real bitch here..

youtube.com/watch?v=PmaZw1xMxBQ

I dont even
what is this clusterfuck

>Still better than Space Dad Simulator dEdition

Looks pretty cool.
Problem is that there is going to be like 2-3 missions like that and that's it

my game crashes every 1-4 hours or stops spawning ships
still up to 15,000 or so merits

triggered

>profit from bounties: 4,187,630,920 CR
wew

is there any game to look for in E3

is there any game to look for overall?

Skyrim Remastered. It has VR!

Nothing for space sim

so this is how it ends, how one grows out of his hobbies. No games to play, no games to look out for.

time to take drastic measures. Anybody here owns a motorcycle?

Absolutely nothing.
I'm already working up pre-dispappointement for whatever Deus Ex material we're going to get tonight.

So guise, guise. Let's talk about EDad. Is there any way to gain faction rank aside of doing over 9000 missions? 17 Draconis still a thing?

you glitched a bounty, we know

try surface missions. That aing going to change the 9000 missions aspect

no offense, but why are you still playing the elite user?

That Hyperion thingy tho, looks neat.

Hyperion thingy?

Sorry, it's "Hellion".

youtube.com/watch?v=kiO3o6cIDuQ

More of a Scam Shitizen/Rust-in-space hybrid tho.

I want to get off this space sim ruse train

For all you space game nerds, check out Escape Velocity: Nova. It's a single-player 2D space adventure. Has a plot but just fucking about is equally fun. Easy to learn as well.

I played it like 12 years ago and in apathy decided to replay it now with some plugins, but hey think about this: M O D S and damn is it fun and exciting.

Cod plays a lot more linear than it looks. Still looks kinda fun though.

It is a sad day when edg has to resort to clickbait pics in the op

Imperial Python upcoming.

>iPython
>you get 4 small instead of 2 large 2 med
BUT on the bright side its is even more slower and less maneuverable than regular python
I am already sold

don't forget that the weapon mounts will be placed on arms that extend to the sides from it.

>le posting le ebin ribbit shoops xd
Upvoted and +repped, CMDR o7

>Escape Velocity: Nova
Sorry mate, but that's old news, classic game though.

How's Transcendence btw, anyone played it?

>Being proud that you beat Duke Nukem Forever in longest development time
>"game of thrones" type storytelling
>Straight up lies

Brabo vs Todd

who wins?