/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4ko3s0/comparison_of_famicom_palettes_in_castlevania/d467hzl?context=3
gaminganywhere.org/
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4nnyeg/which_gba_emulator_is_more_accurate_visualboy/
github.com/MoochMcGee/PCem-mooch/releases/tag/v11.1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio
github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/885
macrumors.com/
twitter.com/patrickwardle/status/742511355614224385
forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-10-12-sierra-all-the-little-things.1977110/page-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PURPLEFUCKERS GET OUT

Very accurate.

Pure Red is not accurate.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4ko3s0/comparison_of_famicom_palettes_in_castlevania/d467hzl?context=3

>tvs don't matter
>only standards

>standards don't matter
>only muh poorly calibrated TV

underaged trannies get out

Trying to understand something. I'm talking about Dolphin, but it applies elsewhere.

Editing save files normally requires hex editing (unless someone has made an editor; but I assume those are built on similar concepts, just with a fancy GUI).

If Dolphin is emulating the entire system, and is reading and writing these save files, you would think editing them would be trivial.

But okay, maybe it's the games themselves doing the saving, maybe they're encrypted, etc. Then what about save states? Why aren't they in some kind of human readable format? What exactly is in a save state file? They can remember even more than memory cards, like _exactly_ everything the way you left it.

i will redefine the standard, mooch.
it's really everyone else's math that is off.

There appears to be quite a bit of difference between puNES Sony CXA2025AS US palette and Nestopia's Consumer palette

How well would something like this work for emulators on a local network?

gaminganywhere.org/

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4nnyeg/which_gba_emulator_is_more_accurate_visualboy/

Why did you post this? I expected some bait about VBA like the old ZSNES "discussions" that used to take place, but it seems like they actually do know about and recommend mGBA, so what's the problem?

Is SP aware the latest MAME core is pretty messed up right now?

lead by example and fix it up, dont wait for headquarters.

Not my job.

What is your job?

Standalone is fine

SGB via Retroarch on Linux through Wine.

That sounds accurate to regular MAME usage.

Why are you running it through Wine? RetroArch runs native on Linux.

Also that happens on all platforms.

Probably should tell r-type since he's the one who maintains it...

Even SNES?

As if grown men who play 80s and 90s games have jobs.

What's going on with PCem and PCem-mooch or whatever?

PCem is the original, PCem-mooch is my fork that adds preliminary nVidia emulation and fixes a few bugs.

Ohh... Okay!
And uh... What about PCem-X and PCem Experimental? Are they the same thing?

PCem-X is an outdated fork by OBattler that has my nVidia emulation (albeit an older version of it), networking, Pentium 2 support, and many other things. PCem Experimental is the newer fork by OBattler that has networking and other experimental features.

Reminder that Pilotwings has been fixed in GLideN64 for quite a while now.

thanks user. I always hated pilotwings, but now i'll like it.

>Reminder that Pilotwings has been fixed in GLideN64 for quite a while now.
Since when? WHat seetings are needed?

RetroArch doesn't run on SNES.

A few weeks/months ago. No special settings needed. Gonetz added some accurate depth handling to fix some sports game and it coincidentally also fixed Pilotwings.

>composite

ROYALE MASTER RACE REPORTING IN BITCHES

I love messing around with PCem.
Do you know how can I keep updated on the development of PCem Experimental?
It doesn't seem to have a website...

irc.ringoflightning.net #pcem-x on IRC. I'm there too, user. :^)

Got it!
One last thing: Do you know if there are binaries available of your fork?

github.com/MoochMcGee/PCem-mooch/releases/tag/v11.1

So giddy right now :P

Such purple much accurate

Legit. Guess i had an outdated build. The plugin still needs a lot of work though.

sgb isn't working in linux.

CUMPUSSY IS THE ONLY WAY TO EMULATE
don't look at my score and items

i looked at your score and items

Now the events of The Ring will unfold. Seven days and all that.

Never even heard of that.

It's a shitty early 00's horror movie that was largely responsible for the PG-13 horror fad. Basically, a video tape surfaces, and anyone who watches it gets a phone call from a supernatural entity and are given 7 days to live. On the final day, a loli comes out of your TV and scares you to death.

Yes.

That sounds fucking stupid. Still a clever joke, but the movie sounds retarded.

It's about as retarded as a failed dev who thinks he's a girl and goes by the handle "mooch" on a website where everything is supposed to be anonymous.

DELETE THIS

This might be the worst Contra clone ever.
Also the music sounds like it's from Atari 2600

make him stop!

why did they use resolutions like these?

I started suikoden and I did not expect these sprites to be so pretty.

What shader?

>The plugin still needs a lot of work though.
He's reimplemented software depth buffer rendering. It has limitations, but it's actually way, way faster because rendering the depth buffer on the CPU is much faster than copying the depth buffer from VRAM to RAM 30-60 times per second. I assume Pokemon Snap will be working pretty soon.

Are there any up to date MAME builds for Android other than RetroArch?

Just in case you guys wanted to know who my waifu was.

Hmm? looks fine on my RA
A bit modified version of crt-geom, see

Is there anyway to transfer the memory card from pcsxr to epsxe?

pcsxr was working for a while then began freezing up on me

Rename the memory card and overwrite the old one in RA.

it turns out epsxe can't read it's own memory card even after saving a file in the game let alone some other programs file

guess I just won't emulate thanks anyway

That's strange, because I've transferred memory cards from PCSX:R to ePSXe to Mednafen/RetroArch several times. They all use the same format.

>royale @ 1080
yeahnah
Looks like Gunforce.
>he doesn't know that gunforce is a classic and the studio went on to make Metal Slug.
Shame they're poorly animated eh. Also the writing, level design, battle system and music in those games is attrocious. Also the sequel is the same but includes a bunch of technical problems too.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio

Bear in mind these are best case scenario results. I'm using async framebuffer copies which are slightly less accurate (for example, games tend to hide HUD elements on the one frame where they make a FB copy for pause menus, meaning that async copies take the frame BEFORE that one, meaning it can have HUD elements on it. Quake II is a good example.)

However, getting over 200% better framerates in Perfect Dark's high resolution mode in certain scenes is a nice boost. Software Depth Buffer should have been added a long time ago.

I'm guessing software depth is in a branch?

>I'm guessing software depth is in a branch?
Yes, but Gonetz provides binaries. github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/885

Oh neato, nice to see him being productive. Wish I was like that.

You would be if you'd get the fuck off Veeky Forums, lame-ass.

libretro mupen64 has had software depth buffer for over three years now in Glide64.

>libretro mupen64 has had software depth buffer for over three years now in Glide64.
This is literally Glide64's software depth buffer, which Gonetz wrote, ported over to GLideN64. It just works way, way better in GLideN64 because of GLideN64's other improvements.

Thread's dead. Post frankenstein'd shader presets to bring it back to life. No vanilla shit.
NTSC 320px Composite, image adjustment and CRT lottes

Nothing fits that description as well as the analogue TV pack presets. Literally 10 CRT shaders stacked on top of each other with a bunch of useless passes in between. Also looks like shit.

What are some emulators with software rendering? My graphics card busted and I need something to play. I heard PPSSPP had it as a debugging option but I can't get the menus because DirectX and OpenGL don't work.

Pretty sure all the Mednafen emulators use software rendering. Then again, I'm just a consumer and know jack shit about emulation. Especially since being introduced to RetroArch, which hides any emulator information.

So your great hero is just copy pasting Glide64 code back over to gliden64.

Honestly, maister's compute LLE RDP plugin cannot come soon enough. What a pathetic hack.

...Holy fuck, did Apple just commit sudoku by completely disallowing unsigned binaries in macOS Sierra? Because I'm pretty sure that would outright kill OpenEmu...

Looks like an old gaming magazine TV shot. You know....Before they went to directly capturing output?

>tfw there are many sites dedicated to huge archives of console game box art but little in the way of ones for old MSDOS/Windows PC game box art

Have PC gamers abandoned their heritage due to the digital temptation? Without the preservation of these box arts, who will remember browsing the comfy sterile aisles of OfficeMax or OfficeDepot in the pc game isle in 1995 and the feeling that gave them?

Architectural consultant at a small construction firm.

Where is your source for this?

This is how it would've looked on some Japanese kid's beat up old white CRT in 1996

More like 1969.

Emugen is going through some dark times when not even I will read it consistently anymore. Or maybe it's just my Stranger of Sword City addiction.

macrumors.com/

twitter.com/patrickwardle/status/742511355614224385

Completely unacceptable if this is true. And I can't just switch to Windows; Win10 would like to plaster advertisements all over your fucking OS (some of which cannot be gotten rid of easily from what I've read).

I can't believe I'm saying this, but....goddamnit Linux, hurry the fuck up! :(

I am pretty sure Microsoft's massive anting up of UWP apps is for the same reason: they want to be able to do a 'kill switch' for regular Win32 programs too so that only UWP apps can become the norm.

Maybe they will leave a 'allow Win32 program' button in for the enterprise edition and leave it at that.

This is the end of PC as we know it.

As a follow-up:

forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-10-12-sierra-all-the-little-things.1977110/page-3

It's to proteeect you, from viiiiruses, and haaackers, who might try to install nasty unwanted appppps on your Peeceeee. Don't you see? This is for your own gooood.

NONONO...YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND...IT'S *MY* COMPUTER! *MINE!* DO YOU HEAR? MY OWN. I *PAID* FOR IT, IT'S MY PERSONAL PROPERTY,* I DECIDE WHAT RUNS ON IT!!!*

REEEEEEEE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

That's the old mentality, user. In the future, Apple and Microsoft control what runs on your PC.

This is bullshit. If Windows 10 switches to only UWP apps, I'm fucking going to Linux full-time.

Explain UWP to a Machead, please?

you both are idiots or underage. You did not even understand the question.... whatever

It's Metro.

>Honestly, maister's compute LLE RDP plugin cannot come soon enough.
Vulkan-only and low res.. No thx

It's a waste of time to try to fix all these per-game bugs in every game, a generic implementation that works properly for every game is the only way.

HLE implementations are a complete hack job, you can barely even consider it emulation of the RDP.

>low res.. No thx
back to underage

Does this mean GLideN64 doesn't really need OpenGL 4.x?