/btbg/ Battleborn General

Old Thread Possibly going f2p edition.

>What is this?
A new FPS-MOBA from Gearbox. It's Borderlands without the memes, and has MNC-style PvP game modes.

>Should I buy it?
It's fun. You can grab it for $30 on keysites. It's also on sale on Amazon for $40.

>Official Website
battleborn.com/

>Character and Helix Info
mentalmars.com/battleborn/characters/

>Unlockable Audio Lore
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-XsFNO4RD1x6-WK_Uf6gW5Rs-51Pr-Ho

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgbattleborn

>Discord
discord.gg/0xVj0DIkVdQQkr1I

>Updated Toaster Config
pastebin.com/rZV6k0uD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TQ_x6KHlOMU
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9xmLUl6-mI
youtu.be/5A9SWgJOTL4?t=7s
battleborn.com/en/news/view/patch-notes-for-6-14-2016/
twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/742761244159942656
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based Gearbox. No buying loot boxes and hoping the random number generator lands your way. Gearbox is smart enough to let people buy the specific skins they want.

Forgot my pic.

>tfw dead general

That being said, post your waifu and explain why
Pic related I like the dyke look and her young age

youtube.com/watch?v=TQ_x6KHlOMU
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9xmLUl6-mI

lel

WTF??????

I can't buy skins with in game currency and only with real $$$?

I hate Overwatch for so many things (hit boxes, 20 ticks, kids community, generic heroes, pvp only, boring maps and one shot ults), but the main reason I didn't bought Memewatch is the fucking in game Cash Shop with $$$.

If Gearbox are adding an in game $$$ Cash Shop and no alternative buying option with in game currency for a reasonable price, they can say goodbye to their dead game.

I have really enjoyed my over 100 hours game play time with Battleborn, but a $$$ Cash Shop kills the game for me.

btw: I would never ever play Overwatch, even for free (because I don't play Cash Shop games which gives you the opportunity to waste your $$$)

Overwatch.

OM Skin Names:
OM- On the Move
NL-Nylon Letdown, used for parachutes in WW2. This probably wasn't used on purpose, but I kind of like it.
JU-Jacked Up
PQ ??
AH-Best guess is asshole.
RS ??
XU ??
EX ??

Maybe better?
EC-Echo Check- a prank on the new guy where you ask them to yell into a jet engine until tehy can get it to ring a certain frequency as maintinence
AP- Army Proof- Idiot Proof. Possibly also MP for Marine Proof, except people are more likely to think of Military Police, so IDK.
CF- Cluster Fuck. Probably too close to WF.
HSLD- High Speed, Low Drag. Basically means you're good at your job. Probably split this in two.
LC- Loud and Clear
MR- Midnight Requisition-Stealing
SB or GB- Sandbaging or Goldbricking- half-assing
SH-Shit's hot- Good, great, awesome
TU- Tits up -There's a problem, someone's dead, or something's destroyed

Over____

rate my waifu

Got to milk those whales while they're still playing.

Someone has shit taste

how is this general real nigga just let it die nigga walk away from the screen

well atleast my game aint dead ',:^)

>posters 10
>replies 15
keep up the samefagging on this dead game

I wish I were dead desu

>Patch

>microtransactions
>no balance tweaks
>barely any performance tweaks

wtf are they thinking?

There's nothing wrong with a cash shop for cosmetic items that don't impact gameplay

I'm a little pissed about it. It seems to trend closer to F2P every day, and I feel like if that's what they wanted that's how they should have launched it. But I hope it works out for them.

>Overwatch
>don't want to buy a loot box to get some skins? Just play some games and level up for a free loot box.
>Battleborn
>don't want to buy some platinum currency to get some skins? LOL, no skins for you then.

Jesus Gearbox

Seems like a weird time to be adding a cash shop, when they're already hemorrhaging players.

trying to squeeze any last bit of money out of this game before it dies completely

Battleborn is no where near close to dying

it had 12k players at launch, it now has a daily peak of around 1k
TF2 is nearly 10 years old, is nowhere near as popular as it once was, and still has a daily peak of about 50K
overwatch is probably around 100k on pc alone
battleborn is either going to go f2p or die. period.

>overwatch has generic heroes
>battleborn doesn't
lol okay
they're both bland as fuck character wise, battleborns characters are just more over the top design wise

>f2p game that rewards you for idling has more players than a full price game that rewards you for actually playing

You don't say

you haven't gotten any rewards for idling in tf2 for literally 6 years
stop talking about things you don't know about

i like this

Best comic ever since tracer was trapped twice by widowmaker via Bird Cage.

That isn't even funny

This is real shit. Except they make the game Freetoplay. I really hope so since it is not dying anymore, its completely dead.

I'm searching a Kleese to play 2 rounds with for my ISIC challenge for a WHOLE WEEK now. I spent most of the time waiting in lobbies. Sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes until I get a full team (but still no ememies), but it gets quickly disbanded when one of them decides to leave.

youtu.be/5A9SWgJOTL4?t=7s

>linking american dad

/r/ Alani (or whatever other BB chars you want), please

Why do people who write reviews about Battleborn talk more about overwatch than the game they are supposed to talk about, just sad.

Look at this general

300 players last playing 13 minutes ago

>it's not dead.

So...

>release marketplace statement about new skins
>before patch notes

Would it kill them to stop fucking up? All they had to do was mention the patch notes first, people think "oooh progress", and then they release the marketplace info and it's like "well at least they did that path finally".

Instead they fucked it up like everything else.

user there are 600+ playing according to Steam hub. At least try with your numbers.

What patch notes did you read? Are we not counting Map Economy as balance tweaks? What about the Thralls having a longer cd on their fucking stomp? fuck that stomp
battleborn.com/en/news/view/patch-notes-for-6-14-2016/

Is there anything more cancerous than Widowmaker on console? Aim assist is a thing so it makes it so she never misses. They need to nerf her badly

POST DEM MAINS

I actually might like to see a Gulf Bravo gold & red skin for mike.

>I feel like if that's what they wanted that's how they should have launched it

I don't think that's what they wanted

Are you the guy who posts about fucking my waifu on that other image board?

You type exactly like him.

THERE WILL BE NO MICROTRANSACTIONS WITHIN THE GAME, GUYS

Ima get cr 100 tonight and then its time to uninstall, fucking lying cocksuckers

I really hope they get everyone who bought this game a huge amount of Platinum currency and make this game f2p. This could rescue it.
And how much in Overwatch? See I'm not joking, I sometimes want to play but stop because it can't find a match. Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer is more alive than this game, and you probably even never heard what ME3MP is.

They need to act fast to rescue our Battleborn.

Honestly it makes me wonder why I can't use checkboxes to mass report. Such a chore doing them one at a time.

>24% avg accuracy
>playing any fps

Did you think we'd accept you here user? You're dangerously close to not even being accepted in /trash/

Thank you fellow caldyfag. We must unite to stay strong.

so you boys still here huh?..
just let it die

The last three threads died without hitting the bump limit.

The last two died without breaking 300 posts.

Just leave it, already.

For what reason? For what purpose?

The accuracy in Overwatch is abysmal for any hero. 20 tick rate and shit servers leads to you needing to spam shit all day and pray that the fucking attacker priority system favors you.

>Just let it die
>Keeps bumping thread

>Start reading the thread
>After I finish thread has gotten one (1) new reply
>Meanwhile ratherwatch general has had more new posts than this thread has posts alltogether

Okay, I give up. We had some good times, we had some bad times. But they are all over now. It was nice playing with you. Love.

There is still time
Run

I'll download and play this game when it goes F2P, but isn't it kinda doing alright on console?

reached an impressive low of 440 players today

what's the obvious solution to the dying PC population? MICROTRANSACTIONS!

Didn't bump the thread, friend.

I've bumped these threads enough already, they kept dying anyways.

Pack it in.

I'm not sure if I can check, but it seems to be fine on console. I don't have any long queue or anything

So what are the actual chances of this game going f2p?
The game looked interesting, but not nearly $60 interesting.

>Still posting
>Friend

I can only post so much resolution, buddy.

>Overwatch has 10 Million + users
>Stillborn has less than a thousand

How does it feel, having wasted $60?

>>Overwatch has 10 Million + users

Bullshit

twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/742761244159942656

Stay mad

>believing Blizzard propaganda

wew

>Being this desperate

It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Don't worry user, I'll pour one out for your shitty game when it dies in two months, and then pat you on the back when you come and play the game everyone else is playing.

>buy overwatch
>soend all day shitposting in other generals
Sounds like you're having tons of fun with your game

So if Battleborn's twitter said they had 10 million players since launch, you'd believe it, right?

>Spend all day

Nah, just a few minutes, though it does give me entertainment for hours.

Which is more than I can say for your garbage game.

>How does it feel having wasted $60

Your mother was asked the same thing when her back-alley abortion failed.

3edgy5me

You did make me cringe with that embarrassing post though, so good work I guess.

>edgymeme.exe

DISCARDED

>if you look at either Whiskey's or Mike's faces you burst into flames

DING DING DING IT IS TOURTURE

Gimme three, /btbg/!

I can't believe this game actually has a fucking general god damn.
How do you guys feel pleased with yourself playing a game that's essentially a Chinese knockoff of OW with Jew devs?

>Deande is fucking Whiskey

wew

ONE

Hi. I just lurk these threads and enjoy the discussion. Somebody once suggested the general would die and be revived just for overwatch players to shit post in it.

Nice call man.

TWO

SIX

They why have they 1:1 copied the League of Legends business model while charging $60 at the gate?

There just isn't much to talk about really.

Posting my main

Any caldarius tips? What kind of gear do you use?

Aw shit our game is down to 700 people playing, what do we do? ADD A CASH SHOP!!

I don't know how I feel about the marketplace stuff and the premium currency. On the one hand I am not surprised it is being added. It seems it is the norm now for doing this kind of shit in games. At least it isn't a roulette wheel and you just buy the skins and shit outright. If there is one thing I hate Valve for it's the proliferation of "Safes, Crates etc". The tradeoff being that they seem pretty pricey. If the numbers are right then a single skin will cost about around about 3 dolloray-dos or poundy-wondys. Which seems steep but then I get it is the price you pay for it not being a random chance.

Still it still feels kind of shitty having this added in so early. As far as I know this wasn't talked about before release so it feels kind of underhanded. Would it have been better if they had it in the game from day 1? I don't think so but who knows

On the patch notes however it seems like Outcast Thralls are getting Nerfed. Surprsing since they never really bothered me since they have two pretty large crit boxes on them but whatever.

Maybe Echaleon will actually get more than 10FPS for me now!

More changes to Overgrowth! Maybe getting your first bot knocked out won't fuck you in the ass now!

>Removed the PhysX setting from the Video options. This feature has been replaced by the new Particle Detail Mode.

OH SHIT YOU CAN FINALLY TURN OFF FUCKING PHYSX! PRAISE THE FUCKING GOOD LORD!

All movement speed all the time

Can we all discuss how powerful Phoebe can be? Tried her out, and High Calibre Murder Wench is the best description for the experience

of course she is powerful. She is the new OP char for people who got butt mad when Galilea got nerfed.

With her blink ability and her passive she can W+M1 most chars to death without them really being able to do much about it.

I hate her

I hate dealing with her. The slow on on her teleport is way too strong.

>100% TMP accuracy

wew

the only reason there isn't a massive outcry to have her nerfed is that she takes a bit to unlock unlike the *other* one.

The only upside is when a bad players uses her teleport to get in to a fight. At least then you can hound her down and push her shit in.

You should have seen the CTT.