/rog/ - Ragnarok Online General

We're back! After a long slumber, /rog/ has awoken again, again! Do you crave nostalgia? Are you disappointed by Tree of Failure? Maybe you never quit in the first place? Or are you a new player? We welcome all to the wonderful world of Ragnarok Online!

Current Server

LeikaRO
leika-ro.net/
Rates: x15/x15/x10
Re-balanced Renewal
jRO Exlusive Content
Enjoyable Community
All Bugs Fixed
Active WoE

AevaRO
panel.aeva-ro.com/
Rates: x7/x7/x3
Guild: Poring Slappers (19/20, can make room if needed)
Contact Ruri Ruri in-game for an invite, anyone is welcome!

Helpful links:
irowiki.org/classic/Main_Page
irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
ratemyserver.net/
db.irowiki.org/db/
db.irowiki.org/classic/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PMP3kqSshbk
youtube.com/watch?v=eZkK3pPAido
youtube.com/watch?v=s-jd3WhMlKo
youtube.com/watch?v=Bw_WcPYrfck
leika-ro.net/?module=pages&action=content&path=features
community.sarahserver.net/index.php?/topic/6703-episode-5-updates/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for delay

>including Lelkek

Cuck

As if fucking Aeva is any better.

they're both terrible and now I play on fucking botland iRO again

>playing on a server full of bots, merchants, and subhuman

>not playing because you're too salty about every server

Rune Midgard continues to meet my expectations

why dont you niggas just play talonro

They ban people like it's a bodily function.

no they dont
i've been playing with no problem

How would you know? When they ban somebody they remove any comments on the forums asking why and tell them to make a support ticket; but if your appeal goes to GM Boreas (which it will) he will just curtly tell you to fuck off and state he doesn't need to give a reason.

I played Talon for over 5 years with no problem, but it only takes a single incident to get banned over there and they never tell you why nor do they respond to appeals filled with evidence.

>we're successful enough, we can afford to arbitrarily kick out consumers on a whim

Literally the free market in action.

Care to explain why are they terrible? Both look pretty alright to me.

excuse me isn't this every RO server?
you could attempt to argue with me that kRO and jRO don't have bots but gooks themselves are practically robots

No. in Leika we don't have bots because we use sophisticated anti-bot system unlike other server who use mediocre or even no anti-bot at all.

>sophisticated anti-bot system
It starts an alarm when the player count reach 2 digits?

underrated post

Fuck off cliqueshitters.

>clique
>leika
Does one man a clique make?

We dead thread now.

how to make server without bot?

make things too difficult to solo
make things too difficult to bot

bampu bampu

aqua benedicta

Sanctuary !!

Sad

discuss something pls

e3 looks nice

only saw zelda livestream, what else is good?

i'm considering playing Aeva
anyone can post a picture of the Taek ranking?

how about dead thread dead game?

here you go friend

How many people playing on Leika? Why hasn't someone posted any screenshot yet?

Because it's dead and forced by a single person

Alright, let's talk about meme builds you wanna try someday then

Is there even something left to try at this point?

Full crit whitesmith

There are renewal builds, I'm sure most of /rog/ still don't know much about em.

Agi LK using Platinum Shotel + Soul linked

Agi LK using Platinum Shotel + One-hand Quicken

Mariel pls

Sonic Wave MVP RK

>sonic wave build
Is that shit even good? I've only seen one hit counter build for mvp to this day.

It is on Leika.

You gotta use magic strings to make it work

that or fucking kiel cards

just looked at their wiki, mother of god!

>Frenzy doesn't disable SP regeneration, has status icon and doesn't cancel Two-Hand Quicken, suspending its ASPD bonus instead.
>Two-Hand Quicken also grants CRIT and a chance to dodge damaging spells (not debuffs).
>Wind Cutter had its damage boosted, area increased to 7x7 and cooldown reduced to 1s. Deals x1.5 damage with a two-handed sword.
>Sonic Wave Deals x1.5 damage with a two-handed sword.
>Millenium Shield no longer stops the character upon a successful block and instead, displays two new, separate animations and sound sets: one for block and another for shield shattering.

absolute savages

>after cast delay reductions for a skill with a cooldown
>/rog/ in charge of knowing shit about renewal mechanics

Pretend I said Knuckle Arrow then

Storm Gust!

Renovatio!

Change Cart

Leika is mix of iRO, kRO, jRO and probably slight customs when officials get some retarded gears like +1000 matk hats and it needs nerf/buff. And some quality of life changes. It works pretty nicely but endgame stuff isn't babbymode like on other servers and you actually need party.

youtube.com/watch?v=PMP3kqSshbk
youtube.com/watch?v=eZkK3pPAido
youtube.com/watch?v=s-jd3WhMlKo
youtube.com/watch?v=Bw_WcPYrfck

Recently we got new instances and stuff so there might be more vids soon.

If the server was NA I probably would have tried it, but no.

It is.

>Physical Location and Timezone: Washington, D.C. (UTC -05:00)
leika-ro.net/?module=pages&action=content&path=features

>Recently we got new instances and stuff so there might be more vids soon.
Keep us updated on when you actually get a fucking POPULATION

and I don't mean this to sound like a huge asshole, but I'm just fucking bazoobled on how the server never fucking reaches over 3 digits. Is the server being advertised anywhere but /rog/? I know people will respond to this with the reasoning being that it is renewal, but there are quite a few renewal servers that have managed to easily burst the 4 X'd numbers, and with all the information I've been given on Leika, the server sounds fucking fantastic.

But then I look at the population again, what in the fuck? There must be something deeply wrong for it to be that bad, or the server just hasn't been advertised once in it's life because holy fuck !!72!! PEOPLE

>pls increase population so I could play
>but I won't start to increase population myself
vicious cycle
You can't have everything served to you on a silver plate. We cannot magically clone ourselves, nor can you.

I knew you would bring up that argument, but I did play Leika with 3 friends last year for a month or two, and the population was nearly the same back then.
>nor can you.
*unzips multiclient*
pssh

And you gave up. I'm still playing since beta.

how 2 get money?

>Is the server being advertised anywhere but /rog/?

It's not, the admins legit don't give a fuck. After some kind of fuckup they did, a bunch of people ragequit and then they said "whatever we'll just keep devving on this server, fuck population".

The current population like Psor are a bunch of staunch loyalists who are unlikely to quit and I guess they're fine with just that.

Leika is literally a communist state in RO form.

They were giving a fuck before. Basically as you said, staff went overboard with customs at start, people bitched so staff reverted custom changes. People still bitched, were burning out etc and population was dropping. Few ways of advertising were tried but it had little effect. Terpsichore finally "gave up" after seeing reviews from RMS getting deleted while other servers had blatant review spam, in some cases even by one person + people who stopped playing long time ago still shitting in reviews over stuff that is outdated by now.

Now it's basically just one person working on the server with like 2 helpers for events and forum/wiki support and that's it. And still patches on leika are better than on vast majority of servers and it's easily one of the best maintained servers out there. There are few players who actively report bugs, suggest stuff and help her test new instances etc by playing it when it gets implemented.

Also you don't have to be loyalist to stay on server that is superior to others with exception of population. Leika is just good. No fanatism needed.

I just wanted to post this.

[shilling intensifies]

where's the autist /rog/ needs to host a server forever regardless of shit, just like that minecraft server that's been up for years.

>someone says something good about something I don't like
>must be shilling
Just telling how it is.

re WoE Server where? The only shit that will get me to play this oudated game is WoE, now point me to the right direction.

server is advertised in all the possible places so far, dunno what are you memeing about

Renewal players don't WoE desu

WoE servers never worked and never will outside of 1 month Russian cash grabs. You can't build a server for people that don't want to play the game.

Yes and no, you operate under the assumption that they are made with the intention of staying alive. They're not.

DankRO guy, please save us from this horror.

Is the same person doing Leika the same that did 404RO?

No. Meta was behind 404RO. Terpsichore and previously Rikter is behind LeikaRO.
404RO died in like month or two iirc.

read server low pop but still trying to survive, and thought Meta then.

Sarah is back online, map server was crashed for a few hours but looks like they fixed it.

I'd play there If they had 2-2 classes and more monsters

Are you all playing on the Steam RO?

next month

Really? I might start leveling a sage if that's the case. Problem is there's no Argiopes to make it easier

yes, it's ongoing until pre-trans
the server is good if you don't mind pinoys, but you wouldn't play RO in 2016 if you did

community.sarahserver.net/index.php?/topic/6703-episode-5-updates/

>LeikaRO
>Active Woe
>61 users online right now

I'm guessing these are all merchants too.

Worse
It's 1 guy hexecontahena clienting

How is the ping on Sarah from US? and why next month? Trans?

server is on LA

episode 5 is on july

How do I make some Zeny with virtually nothing? Any shitty mobs that drop good loot? On Aeva btw I just want some NPC equip so I can grind better

Oh shit no dual client on Sarah fk yeah gepard shield

If your level is high enough you can farm royal jelly from tree monsters.

I'm 31 so I guess that ain't working

Reminder that private servers are illegal.

Gravity will not do anything about it unless you have a server the size of Noltarious

Just focus on leveling up with an easy class like thief or mage, then switch to archer or swordy when you already have money. Thieves don't need gear so much as they just need to reach a certain flee threshold, and mages can fight without ever contacting the enemy if you're good, that way neither of them totally need any sort of gearing to be successful.

Somewhat humorously, I believe both of them would be hunting dickworms at your level.

Unless it was a lightning mage in which case they'd hunt at byalan, which has outrageously good loot for the period when it's good for you.

What job are you anyway

Swordsman, mainly because I remember how much fun mass pulling Ice Orcs in the Clock Tower was with Spear Knight, might switch to mage though but I find it so boring to spam fireball on geographers until lvl 70

There's empty bottle buyers south pront that are usually set at 500-700z per bottle

Swordy seems like the natural starting class at first, but the more one thinks on it the more one realizes that their main draw is being able to use all the strongest weapons and armor and get the most use out of them.

So not such a great starting class, no, but very reliable and great party leader once you get the ball rolling. see what I did there

Why not play on the most populated server, TalonRO, instead

I've never played RO for very long, but after having some nostalgia, I kind of want to play it and get into it. Where should I start?

Probably because it's shit?