/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 14th:
1158 – Munich is founded by Henry the Lion on the banks of the river Isar.
1287 – Kublai Khan defeats the force of Nayan and other traditionalist Borjigin princes in East Mongolia and Manchuria.
1777 – The Stars and Stripes is adopted by Congress as the Flag of the United States.
1940 – World War II: As part of Germany's Fall Rot, Paris is occupied and Allied forces retreat.
1940 – A group of 728 Polish political prisoners from Tarnów become the first inmates of the Auschwitz concentration camp.
1944 – World War II: After several failed attempts, the British Army abandons Operation Perch, its plan to capture the German-occupied town of Caen.

>News
EU4 DD09/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-june-2016.944664/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V005
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10481738
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Hoi4 is shit

3rd for DLC

>stellaris warning back
>report and ignore autist back
clockwork lol

Could be good with DLC though

Arumba

Not really

When I make navies, the most important thing seems to be the carriers. Give them something like a 60/40 relation between Naval Bombers/Fighters
I'm not sure if the Fighters are even worth it, because the AI never has nearly as many Carriers as I do, but the Naval bombers sure as fuck are. They'll usually be the first contact, and can even win battles without any of your other units engaging
I also throw some Light Cruisers and some Destroyers because it looks good, I don't know if they actually do shit

buy it

Based R&I keeping stallaris steamgroupers out

It's already good. But it's missing some obvious things that are needed for autism mods. For example, you can't use a piece of equipment as part of production resources. Say an old tank as ingredient for tank destroyer.

Something like that would allow a modder to, for example require engine to build a plane.

wish he'd keep out the HoI4 steamgroupers as well

Then storm happens and your fleet goes poof.

>dlc being used to fix a game rather than improve it
Just as paradox planned. Strip it bare, put it on sale, then parcel out the rest for a reasonable price.

Extended timeline mod for hoi4 when?

>reasonable

that was facetious

What's the difference between tactics and strategy?

Idk why people say this, its just a meme i think
They are fixing the games right now with patches.
They released 1.01 on Monday and they also said they were aiming to fix other issues.
DLC will be to improve the game, but if you look at CK2 it might try to "fix" it too.

The world as it should be

Hey Johan

>Holstein flag
You fucked up

>HoI4 provinces have population growth rate
>But all of them have the same rate "Base: 0.12%" and no other modifiers
Fuck Johan. That's the most obvious half done feature.

Fascism was the only way

>implying I'm going to bother editing my flag

>implying you belong here
its literally 5 minutes in paint

where is your autism?

how do i westernize as japan?

we /v/ now

Have a core province next to a Western nation's core province. And positive stability.

i mean in vic 2

He's back, lads.

We don't play that kind of game here, mate.

Just wait a bit, you have a high as fuck literacy
Pass education reforms

34th for Grob Germaniums

thank you

Hey guys where can i pir

>people actually thinking a paradox release isn't a beta for at least 1-2 years afterwards

Why does Johan look like dead or wants to kill himself in every picture?

symptom of autism

>you will never play a gsg game as the head of the waffen SS before, during and after ww2
>grow your organisation and design uniforms
>train elite panzer and infantry divisions
>settle germans in occupied territories and remove undesirables to concentration and death camps
>send einstatzgruppen to surpress partisans and collaborators
>how well you command your divisions in key tasks assigned to you by the fuhrer can affect the outcome of the war
>if Hitler loses the war, attempt to protect his life and secure evacuation for your unit to Argentina, as well as burning important documents and hiding mass graves
>if Hitler wins the war, oversee the construction of new cities in the east, and expel slavs across the urals,

An expansion could be for you to play as the NKVD, and do a similar thing but in the name of Stalin

i'd buy it

Still didn't decide on how to handle terrain in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. Much of these countries is covered in desert and cities only happen along the rivers.

Anyway, I added Kunduz, which is the absolute monarchy name of Badakhshan. Murad Beg conquered the Tajik part of Badakhshan and added to the Khanate that takes the name of its capital.

>>you will never play a gsg game as the head of the Hugo Boss before, during and after ww2
>>grow your organisation and design uniforms
>>train elite seamstresses and cotton divisions
>>settle germans in occupied territories and remove unfashionables to concentration and remodelling camps
>>send einstatzgruppen to surpress hispters and bums
>>how well you command your fabric factory in key tasks assigned to you by the fuhrer can affect the outcome of the fashion war
>>if Hitler loses the war, attempt to protect his life and secure evacuation for your unit to Argentina, as well as burning important dyes and hiding mass piles of clothes
>>if Hitler wins the war, oversee the construction of new fabric factories in the east, and expel unfashionslavs across the urals
and show those liquor barons that fabric can be profitable too

Did you do any history in school/uni?

The latest test was largely normal with the last results too. Same patterns can be observed.

How's your girlfriend Alex?

>was unable to browse gsg for almost a week
>come back
>hoi4 is still allowed

What is the meaning of this?

RELEASE IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

A few interesting scenarios. But overall, some large wars left most of the world population somewhat poorer than in other test games.

>you will never play an army tycoon kind of game
>producing factories to supply a military with needed equipment
>designing new weapons, tanks etc.
Just kill me fampai

it's the steamgroup

Russia's population is somewhat smaller than last test. Then again they were heavily dismantled and are missing several historical territories.

gear city could give that when they finish the mod support.
As for right now you can only supply pick-ups/vans or engines to the military but it should be possible to design tanks with mods

And the Irish got their help from the British.

Overall, the new immigration reform breaks the US-Canada immigration Axis and while the US still gets a fuckton of immigrants, Canada's immigrants are more spread out.

The ACW is largely the same thing as it ever was, so I assume the changes I made are adequate to both end event spam while keeping the ACW as it was before.

Can't you handle it by making cities and deserts different provinces?

KEK, HoI4babbies absolutely BTFO. Thank you, janny.

test

Make pop filled provinces along the river? Make the rest big provinces represting the deserts

The world economy, as I said before, is in one of the poorest conditions I ever saw.

This is the result of the 4th Great War, which involved most GPs, lasted from 1920 to 1924 and claimed 9 million lives. The world is still recovering from that.

That's the general idea. Problem is, Central Asia has almost no provinces to spare and the deserts have no pre-russian and sometimes even pre-soviet cities.

strawpoll.me/10481738
strawpoll.me/10481738
strawpoll.me/10481738
strawpoll.me/10481738
strawpoll.me/10481738

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01 >[V2] - unHPM v1.3.1 >[V2] - 7 Years v4.1 >[V2] - Robmod v2.5 >[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2

Based Cobra

>Putting liquor and bureaucrats mod along with legit mods like 7 years and unHPM
Gas yourself cobra

Well if you count the parallel conflict that developed alongside the 4th Great War, the number goes up to 12 million lives, 5 years.

Technically, only 2 great wars happened. The 3rd and the 4th happened at the same time, sometimes with the same actors and the 2nd one never happened since it was one of those damned crisis that white peace next day.

I will have a look at that now while I decide what to do with central asia.

>I think the expansion of social media has had a negative effect on paradox.
>Now games are about showing your friends on the forums what achievement you got, and getting Respectfully Agree [x] rather than playing the game just to enjoy it
That's videogames in general.

>Johan Andersson @producerjohan 1h
>I am finished. My star has fallen. I have no fight left in me. I work and I try, yet know that all is but a farce... I await the end of the tragedy and – strangely detached from everything – I do not feel any more an actor. I feel I am the last of spectators

Is he alright guys?

What mods should i download to make HoI at least as enjoyable as Stellaris? If this shit keeps up the newest Paradox game will never surpass the level of genius that is EUIV

Gsg is ruining lives one by one

Can I get banned for making an historical jew gassing mod for hoi4?

Tell him I pirated every Paradox game, he should be fine then.

From reddit and pdx forums, yes.

I'll personally get Based Podcat to ban you.

t. podcat

why? you can expel jews in CK2

Podcat is based

>historical
>jew gassing

wew

Where can a filthy pirate get 1.01 hotfix for hoi?

*tips Schirmutzen"

even the most tryhard neo nazi hitlerboos know jews were gassed although the numbers are highly exaggerated

What would be the borders of grossBritaniums? I want to honor Mosley's memory

No they don't you retard, their entire argument is that the jews died of typhus and starvation and the gas chambers were a lie

t. ledditor

t. stormweenies

Britain 1917 plus norman part of France

What reasons do france and uk have for guaranteeing Poland in hoi4 in a world where their Jewish overlords economical interests aren't modeled??

Damn that guy looks good.

paradox code

>tfw no nationalistic Sweden

Depends how gross you want to go.

In order of not gross to gross:

British Isles, Canada/Australia, South Africa, the Thirteen Colonies, Normandy, France, Denmark, Belgium/Netherlands, Hannover, Iceland/Norway, Sweden, Jerusalem, Constantinople, Russia, Germany

HPM, if you're revamping terrain in Central Asia could you give Xinjiang/Tibet a do-over? Their provinces make zero sense.

Also, remember to change some pops in Afghanistan and the Sikh empire animist to represent Kafirs.

Thank G*d, now those fucking subhumans can die off permanently

>guy

Dumb anime poster

SHOO

>anime posters

And like clockwork people fail to used the updated OP image.

My god.

>Implying we animeposters aren't better than frogposters..