/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

wtf nobody made a new thread edition
Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Free games: pastebin.com/cE8EmydS
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details
-freeshop 1.2 released github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/
mega.nz/#F!itRWTBCL!8K7j_B7ZiVpDvWpsUkhTQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do I install the JK's Save Manager .cia? I try to install it with FBI but I get this error.

>Failed to install CIA file.
>Result code: 0xD8E0806A
>Level: Permanent (27)
>Summary: Invalid argument (7)
>Module: AM (32)
>Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)

I'm so close, I can taste it. I just want to hack my Pokemon save data.

OP suggestion:
Vita userland is 3.50, not 3.51
eCFW is some later fw that I forgot.

>open FBI
>go to tickets
>find 0004000002C23200
>delete it

Hi,
Can I downgrade from 11 now?

lol

I don't see that ticket at all. I'm positive it's not here.

alright, what version of FBI are you using? what cfw? what version of that cfw? what system version?

Also the Vita >guide is also horrible. Remove it and link to a real guide.

FBI 2.2.6
I think Luma is my cfw, that's what Luma is, right? It's been a long night.
Luma3DS v5.5
My system version says Emu 10.6.0-31U

alright sec let me find the edit button real quick
I just copypasted the old OP desu

Does the actual FBI overwrite the old FBI that used one of the system apps or is something completely appart?

In five hours.

No.

Doesn't overwrite or isn't something appart?

doesnt overwrite

cool, thank you.

Please help user, I should have went to sleep like five hours ago.

I honestly have no idea, I've never seen that error on systems with working cfw.

Post yfw still waiting on ZTD leak

Can the original R4 work on a N3DS running Luma? If so, how?

There's gotta be something. How do people usually install JK's Save Manager with FBI? Just hit "Install CIA" and that's it?

Post yfw when waiting for the wiiu zelda demo leak

Original R4 needs that DS launcher app to run. Any other non-ancient cart should run automatically with Luma.

The funny thing is the Skyward Sword E3 demo leaked a few years back. And some cool people made cheat codes to get all the items and open all of Skyloft. So I have high hopes.

Does anyone know for certain if the hs.app being created means its a valid and working file?

Do they always create the file to the same size or does it always have the same checksum?

The Linux version of universal inject is broken atm

Smea's hidden kernel exploit when?

Just did the double format of rednand, and upon rebooting the second time, I was not given the setup options. Is it safe to tinyformat more than twice to be sure?

Format it as much as you like. In your case you really should run it again as it either didn't work or you're on a Linked Emunand which will cause problems during the downgrade.

How exactly can I get the firmkey.bin out of a firmware.bin?
I'm trying out dark-samus's fork of >cakes (want to test the firmware selection menu, how well it works) but I can't access the cakes menu. I've tried my NATIVE_FIRM that I have used before (10.4) and just tried the one that was linked in Plailect's guide (latest revision before it got deleted). Both didn't work.
So I'd have to get my hands on the firmkey.bin.
Can I do it without the cetk decryption?

This is probably one of the oldest memes. Next to soon.

Been trying to use Network.addCertificate but I am unsure of which certificate I have to add in what order. Got the LE intermediate authority and the Identrust Root CA

Alright, I bought a Old 9.8.0 3DS, starting the hack, wish me luck guys.

I hope you brick

So I'm kinda new to all this, just finished the guide so I'm all up to date.

Can an EU 3DS run US games when it's got CFW? Or do I still need to download EU versions of games?

That's just his way of saying "good luck".

I never saw anyone here post that bricked his or her 3DS, stop the brick meme.

try another CIA installer
like DevMenu

btw, if you just want to hack pokemans
FBI can copy the save itself, just navigate through titles and Browse Save Data, copy the "main" file and paste it on your SD

you weren't here when memchunkhax2 was released, right?

Maybe, I don't remember, I had a hiatus from this general for a while

>he didn't downgrade the very second memechunkhax2 got released
>his downgrader checks files
>his downgrader doesn't write firm first
>he didn't end up with a frankenfirmware
Lmao'ing at your life
when 10.3 exploits came out there were walls/houses made out of 3DSs

I did downgrade when 10.3 exploits came out, but I'm not that retarded

it's weird, I jumped on the 10.3 downgrade bandwagon like a madman right when it was released and even used >cakes, and I never had any issues with it. Same when I finally switched to a9lh last month.

Hey, I'm trying to inject the friendsave.bin from my old SysNAND but it's not working, what do?

same
even had rxTools on n3DS like the retard guides suggested
downgraded both n3DS and o3DS without any problems ever
even a9lh worked flawlessly
That's why I spend all my time in this general. To help all the unlucky ones that run into problems.

I bricked when doing sysupdater, had to buy cubic ninja

top 10 games i should play

all ive tried so far is hyrule, project x2 and res evil, the new 3ds is far more refined then old xl.

what else should i load in.

gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/

After downgrading to 9.2.0, I can't get browserhax to work, I get an error. Already tried clearing all save data. What are my options?

git gud and try again

I have a doubt, I'm at part 5 of Plailect's guide and just finished Section I.

Now at Section II it tells me to go here "dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin".
Do I boot into my SysNAND or my RedNAND for this?
I think it should be SysNAND but I want to make sure I don't screw anything up.

Make sure you are completely zoomed in.

.pls

You can't even boot into your redNAND if it's 2.1.

turn off wifi
open the browser
clear cache and history
hit the first use setting something something button, is one of the last ones in the browser settings, you are a smart boy, you will figure it out
close the browser
open it again set all the first use shits
turn off the 3DS
coldboot it
turn of wifi
run sliderhax

off unit. on unit. change your theme from default to anything, then back to default. launch browser. clear browser cache. load web address. if fail. simply load again by retyping it. had some 404s.

oh and remember to keep setting date and time back to 00:00 jan 1 2000

Finally got it. Thanks.

Hey is the guy who dumps improved GBA .cia games on MEGA here? Or does anyone have the URL?

this one?
mega.nz/#F!itRWTBCL!8K7j_B7ZiVpDvWpsUkhTQg

with some mad soldering skills, sure

Yes thanks a bunch m8

Better one mega:///#F!h4xQRLRa!Y65kQqjwdZcbx8D-vhXRbg

Do GBA games run natively i.e. is there some GBA hardware in there or is it some kind of emulator

It reboots into the console's GBA mode known as AGB_FIRM.
I don't know whether that counts as native or emulator though.

they run in a weird ds-like mode, which is why sleep mode doesn't work on the actual releases.

it underclocks the original NDS processor

>USA roms
Why not EUR which have bugfixes and more languages?

make your own, then

There is actual GBA hardware inside.
There's a mode for that. I assume ROM is loaded then mapped to like a real GBA. ARM11 process takes outputted video then use the GPU to render those frames.

GBA games run in AGB_FIRM.
DS(i) games run in TWL_FIRM.

I rathour nout reaoud extroua uous.

I don't think the 3DS has actual GBA hardware.

Link to a guide to switch from Luma w/ emu to sys?
Just want to skim.

It does.

delete the tmp webkithax file on the root of your sd, that worked for me

No Nintendo games until fairly recent 3DS/Wii U games have English (UK).

Do you have any source on that?
And by "actual" hardware I don't mean that it underclocks its processor to GBA speeds.

Guys would anyone be so kind to generate a Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2 CIA please? I'm too shit at these things
have some thicc in advance

They are larger in size because of the additional languages.

It has the ARM7 CPU.
Of course it's not 100% the GBA. Just what's enough to run GBA softwares.

3dbrew is down, no source right now.

He got it to work already you retard.

Technically they're not since untrimmed roms are all the same size. But even trimmed it adds on about 1mb at most usually.

Good games huh? I enjoyed playing Shin Megami Tensei IV, but smtiv is a pretty good game too. Either would be good places to start, especially if you like simple, easy gameplay

Is it that easy to start hacking, /hbg/? N3DS XL is version 11.0.0-33U. I just want to know if there are any risks.

It's like break a leg.

hi i just bought a 3ds and its on 4.4.0, do i need to get it to 9.2 to do all the fancy stuff, if so how?

>11.0.0-33U
RIP, you can only downgrade with hardmod, you can't have kernel exploits on 11.0, only ARM11 userland.

>11.0
Unless you plan on soldering your 3DS, don't bother.

No risks. But 11.0 is limited to homebrew (pokemon romhacks is about as far as youre going to go). Piracy isnt possible atm.

But definitely no risks on homebrew.

Interesting, didn't know that

latefags will never learn

Fucking hell. I'm guessing it'll take a long time to get passed that version? I just wanted to play games completely uncensored. Oh well.

11.0 is the best

>stumble onto thread
>Didn't know 3DS hacking was this advanced
>Get out 3DS from drawer
>Ver 8.1.0-19E

I really lucked out here huh?

Sell that 3DS and get a new one. I think they go for like 80 freedom dollars now

You can play uncensored games with HANS through homebrew launcher, provided that you actually own the game.

Well, theoretically speaking i think if you find the right .romfs file, you can use HANS (a homebrew app) to uncensor games like bravely default / fe fates. Tho im not sure, someone will have to give you more info

get a9lh nig