/mcg/ Minecraft General

Last one just sorta died.

We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/0Gy80/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/n82Yn
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/clayium
forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19445
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/4nxej2/ftb_just_opened_applications_for_their_beta
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I'd love that too, in creative mode.
Creative mode would be a must. I wouldn't have it any other way.

>Why?

>Thaumcraft lets you be a Dwemer Tonal Architect.

>Mods make the world more interesting, which is lovely for our kind of nerd shit.

If there's a mod that lets me have more detailed, smaller blocks. I'd love that for trim and whatnot. I'd use that, and maybe a few other. I like keeping my game simple.

>Later today when I'm back at my PC I will
Sounds good, my dude.

>If there's a mod that lets me have more detailed, smaller blocks. I'd love that for trim and whatnot.
Chisels and Bits is the good one.

Also get Charset for redstone that isn't a motherfucker and a half to build with

Thanks senpai, C&B looks perfect.
Not so sure about Charset, what's it for?

Oh wait shit

You want to do aesthetic building, as well as lore and worldbuilding stuff?

Get Bibliocraft.

It has a bunch of pretty furniture as well as a bunch of utilities for improving books / writing.

I'd fuck machinemuse, if you know what I mean

Pretty much.
Thanks for the other mod-
Does Bibliocraft come with C&B, or something similar?

>Does Bibliocraft come with C&B, or something similar?

No.

They're completely unrelated.

I'd get fucked by a possessive, yandere MachineMuse's modular powersuit which never wants to let me go and has built-in nanotenticles

Realistic chemistry user:

What are some fun toys that could be made with early chemistry tech, you think?

Who is your favorite Mofskyper?

Bump for vanilla

Thermite, as soon as you get aluminium and rusted iron (which would be simple once you had normal iron)
BURN BABY BURN

>want to 100% twilight forest (except for the WIP/update NEVA stuff)
>can't find a questing ram anywhere
>explored 4 maps worth so far and still nothing
>tempted to just spawn one in
I've killed a bunch of hydras though, so that's something, I guess. Except for HO making the hydra chops only stack to 2_, totally murdering my inventory space

Got it. Guess I'll be using those two then.

Why haven't you disabled the food stack => saturation in the config yet?

>using HO without nerfing the fuck out of the config shittery

I'm playing a modpack that has Thaumcraft, Ars Magica 2, Witchery, Botania, Mystcraft, and Blood magic.

It looks like they nerfed vanilla pickaxes to encourage using picks from the other mods, but I don't know anything about them.

Starting from scratch, which one should I go through first to get my hands on good mining tools?

Botania gives you a self-repairing pickaxe without much investment.

Make a touch/dig spell from AM2, it's better than nothing. Botania has very cheap self repairing picks as long as you have some mana in your tablet, Blood magic stuff is somewhat lategame-ish, thaumcraft has excavation focus for wands, I'd consider it mid-game, no idea about witchery, mystcraft has nothing.

Just make a manasteel pick and a touch/dig spell from AM2, and you'll be fine.

It /is/ a custom config. I mean, I doubled the default stack size modifier :^)
If I kill a hugeass fucking hydra, that corpse isn't realistically gonna compact down to a single half stack in my inventory - I can live with that being a consequence of it, considering I've only killed 5 of them anyway.
I don't mind the reduced stack values, because I'm also playing with Iguana Tweaks reducing the stack sizes of basically everything else

>muh realism
>you can still carry 64 cubic meters of stone in a single inventory slot

Realistically there wouldn't be a hydra that explodes into green balls meat and blood.

"Heavy" blocks like stone and ore only stack to 16 for me. Makes inventory management much more interesting, and would give me a reason to use trains between quarries - if I had any quarries in. Arcane bore only (which I don't even have yet), and no frames.

Realistically, everything isn't 1 meter cubes, yet here we are, playing autismblocks in different ways

>Roots just released, for 1.9.4 only
Remind me again why people are forcing this "stay on 1.7.10" meme?

>"Heavy" blocks like stone and ore only stack to 16 for me.
This sounds pretty interesting, which mod did you use to accomplish this?

Porting stuff is really hard.

We also want to use mods that almost certainly won't be ported past 1.7.10 ever, like Project Zulu, Magneticraft, RotaryCraft, Underground Biomes Constructs, AcademyCraft, etc...

Since it's not in the OP :
>Minecraft pocket /win 10 beta 0.15 is out
The pistons are finally here.

Observer block is in :
>"The Observer block is a BUD (Block Update Detector) block that will send a short Redstone pulse if the block it is facing gets updated (mined, placed, etc.). "

>Realistically, everything isn't 1 meter cubes, yet here we are, playing autismblocks in different ways
Don't tell me, you're the one justifying your suffering because of realism.

If we listened to a few vocal autists on /mcg/ we'd still be using 1.4.7 to play RedPower.

Just bought this game.. Made a house with a furnace and got full iron. What do I do now?

I have the perfect mod setup on 1.7 but you can go wherever you'd like.

Make a castle.

Find enough diamonds to make full diamond armor and gear. That should only take you about an hour, then you can uninstall the game. Nothing else after that point is fun.

What type of file do I want my mods to be in.

make a wild guess

Iguana Tweaks (not Ig Tcon tweaks) - literally in my previous post. I usually fix any weird block stack size numbers with minetweaker, which can also do it.

>suffering
I'm having fun, m8. I also nerf the upgrades and base capacity on storage drawers and barrels so they hold less, depending on which mod I'm using in my pack.
Special mobs is in too. I literally don't give a fuck.

shit threads m8
time for some builds

I love when I get to use this

>Chisels and Bits gives me full control over every "pixel" of a block.

You've given me both life and death.

Cromartie is the gift that keeps on giving.

Terrible examples. Why would anyone use those shit mods ever?

>play with microblocks of any kind
>suddenly feel like if i don't spam microblock detail everywhere my builds are shit

install mods and never look back

Not so much a build, as more of a small scene...

Here is the gallery with the rest of the builds:
imgur.com/a/0Gy80/layout/grid

Some inspo if you want to build villages :^)
imgur.com/a/n82Yn

Dude I'm building one of those

They are all very nice

thank cutiepie! :)

I thought OC already had Wi-Fi?

Similar.
It takes three hours to get one house done.

So I haven't played MC in a year or so at least, and loaded up my old world; I have a bunch of Tinker's Construct tools and one of them broke (tooltip says "broken"). I remember that you can use the tool bench or whatever it is to put the raw material it's made of into it and it'll repair it, but it's not working for this for some reason - it's pink and has moss covering it as well as a Redstone modifier. What do I do to "fix" it?

If it's metal you may need a tool forge.

Try in creative first

I just tried all of the metals I had in my chests, turns out it was Alumite. Could swear it was some kind of iron or steel, though.

Okay, I've got this all sorted out.

I'm currently looking for people to join in on a worldbuilding/lore based server. Stories will be told, Legends will be made. all that good stuff. this server will contain two mods. Chisels and bits, and Flat Colors for Minecraft Version 1.8.9.

The server will be hosted Via Hamachi, A skype call will also be provided for talking and ideas. Hamachi Server and Minecraft server IP will be provided within.

If you're interested, Hit me up on skype at: mengzy_

Its best you provide some ideas first to hook people in. The premise of your project is way too general now.

>worldbuilding
- Suggest a theme or setting
- provide some inspo.

>lore & legends
- uh... be more specific...

asie
how do I add jar mods into my eclipse environment? Tried adding NEI, Ticon, mantle etc to check for compatibility, and they all drop similar errors on mod loading. I just dropped them into the mod folder in the instance directory

I would recommend adding more mods than that. Try Balkons Weapons, Achemedes ships, and some other things to spice it up

On 1.8.8 and below, you need to use BON2 to deobfuscate the mod - or add CodeChickenCore's deobfuscated version, but that requires finding the mappings folder which is a bit complex with Gradle. On 1.8.9 and above, Forge deobfuscates mods for you as they load.

>medieval fantasy screenshots
>it's Veeky Forums

I'm going to say medieval fantasy with a mix of crazy Michael Kirkbride shit.

...but I agree with you.

Is this going to be dark fantasy? Light n' happy? Will the world be full of mystery or well understood? Will magic be common, rare, or not present at all? What's there for technology? Actually, will there be any *lost* technology?

Perhaps you haven't figured any of this out.

It's creative-mode.

I'd still suggest Chisel though (different than Chisels n' Bits) which basically gives you a whole bunch of new blocks (textures) to work with for designing buildings.

Is there an all-inclusive pack of shaders and other visual mods around? Not looking for anything that changes gameplay, just looking to see how far I can crank this up with the new PC I got.

Get sildurs vibrant ultra or seus ultra

Post screenshots default textures only please

Added in the ships one.

Thats why it's worldbuilding.
The skype call would help us figure out what this world is, Why we've taken to the skies and left the dark forests of the worlds bellow. Why we've shunned magic and those who use it in favor of technology, and what exactly lies within the caves which lead deep into the crust of our world.

Could you send that my way?

is that why 1.8.9+ takes even fucking longer to load than 1.8, which already took way fucking longer than 1.7.10?

Personally, I really feel like it should be survival so you can get All the better background stories of buildings, how they were built, and you can explore the mines used.

I'm still sticking with the creative mode. I just have a nagging urge to create, but it's boring alone.

Also all mods use 1.8.9
And had to use a different ship mod because fucking 1.7

>version checker warns you one of your mods is outdated
>new version is for 1.8/1.9

>you have 7.7 the latest version is v7.7,would you like to update?

>make modders and testers sign NDAs
>put DRM into modpacks to track potential leaks
>put muh permishuns on their custom mods to only go in their packs
>do this right after Curse employees under an NDA are fired

If you're using FTB right now, I hate you.

What's a good pack for playing a wandering ranger?

>he says that in FTB hate general
What's the point of this post? Even if there was anyone who actually liked FTB in here, most of the people contributing to the problem aren't even aware there's a problem, nevermind giving a shit about the problem or actually participate in the community enough to raise their awareness.

The one you built yourself. Unless you're interested in skyblocks, skyblock-likes or kitchen sinks, your niche isn't going to be filled.

>New means immediately good
No wonder you're a 1.9.4fag.

There's probably only three or four people here who hate FTB. The rest are hapless modpack players who probably never put a modpack together in their life.

Any shaders that are upgrade the lighting system while keeping a default feel?

I'm not really feeling it with SEUS and Sildur at the moment

Source? I'm not doubting it, I'm just interested in reading more about this.

>permissions on their mods to only go to FTB modpacks
How is this even done?

They could do something like what the anti-Technic guys did in the past.
>check if mod is in a Technic folder
>if it is, then bees blow up
But given how they have the Curse launcher malware now, I bet they'll be able to do something related to it.

>curse launcher malware

what does it do?

Is it bad if I want to install Botania for aesthetic purposes?

Now this is a stupid question, but will anything bad happen if I use a texture pack for a newer version than the one i'm using?

>Is it bad if I want to install Botania-
Yes.
If you want the Prismarine you install Ex Futurum, Chisel can handle the 1.8 shitstones and it or ZTones should cover your need for any original blocks.

fuck ftb all day erry day

It shouldn't, unless you're using a version from back when textures were all on a single sheet, in which case the pack won't work.

>ZTones
I don't think I've ever used this.

So anyone up for this?

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/clayium
>Some crazy Jap made an entire GregTech-like mod out of clay

Is there an easy way to disable all the duplicate ores you get in a modpack, aside from going into the configs and killing them all?

TooManyDanyOres

Auto unify can change them to a specific variant on block break, but if you want a unified worldgen you're going to have to do some disabling.

Either do what you said or use one of the many mods that automatically unify ores.
I really like AutoUnify for that. It doesn't convert everything in the world, but it converts things when they're dropped as items or in chests.
forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19445

Is it just me or did everything turn worse with every new update?

no it's not just you
and you're also about 4, 5 years late with that realization

Worst case scenario, it can't read certain textures and will stay default.

read all the comments of reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/4nxej2/ftb_just_opened_applications_for_their_beta

slowjew's plans are revealed.

>realistically
realistically nothing, all the blocks are 1m cubed. your "realism" is worthless!

I might be undead who knows, how does this thing look?
Pic related is some buildy tools with a simple highlighter showing what you would place next. A bit buggy for smaller blocks, also they're animated to be gently jiggling around if you can see that. I could throw in an option for wireframes instead too, thoughts?

I like it.

The jiggling is irritating Tbh. Something like wireframes like you said, or maybe transparent blocks would be nicer in my opinion.

I'm hoping you haven't left 1.7.10 yet Helpertoolsbro.

>implying that tweaked config settings are IP
I cannot into words of this rage. (╬ ಠ益ಠ)

you missed his point, 7 hours later.

n i c e

the jiggling is bad man. do transparent with wireframes or just transparent or just wireframes.