/w*g/ - Wildstar General - Returning Players Edition

PREVIOUSLY ON /w*g/ >What is WildStar?
A Free-to-Play space-fantasy MMO with a focus on combat with aiming and dodging, an extensive player housing system, 20-man raids, platforming, warplots(>.>;) and more.

>Iso's in-depth Wildstar Review/Guide
steamcommunity.com/app/376570/discussions/0/357288572116851778/

>Official Links
wildstar-online.com/en/
store.steampowered.com/app/376570
twitter.com/WildStar
forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/

>What server should I play on?
There are only two mega-servers depending on region. Entity for NA and Jabbit for EU.

>Server Status
twitter.com/WildStarOps

>/w*g/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/wildstargeneral

>Discord Server - Veeky Forums
discord.gg/014FGXMcRuqZfJlv9

>Discord servers (non-Veeky Forums affiliated)
General Server - discordapp.com/invite/0TrMr9NtcKuxgDn3
EU Server - discordapp.com/invite/0XxxgVSJaRtLDKkc

>News, Announcements, and Updates
Starfall event is currently active through June.
Space Chase event is running from June 10th-20th.
forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/forum/197-information/

>Useful links
Trailers & WS Flicks: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvkoaU6imUUolBSP5ftqUA4E
Gameplay footage & DevSpeaks: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvmmnQIbaIEOR_AY-smwRt1l
WS Livestreams: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvlIWUCT2QRhyu76qOvf_R-C
Extended OST: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYI9EPUJIJn-hHtogLyY4ecvW80Xx-_7M (Vol. 1 now on sale)
Class builds : ws-base.com/ , forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewforum.php?f=4

>Active /w*g/ Circles
Ask for invites in thread or in steam chat
Entity -
Dominion : DROPKIX (Whisper Ijio Nano, Kezan Nano)
Exiles : Space Dandys (whisper Jericho Crow, Sly One, Rock Bro)

>Addons
mods.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar

>FAQ
pastebin.com/5BcsgXtz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9MbpcGDG-f0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

With Aurin Engies on the way, where are the Draken Espers?

Second for Aurin boi harems
>Your harem will never compete to be the clanlord's favored

in hell with mordesh espers

Junkit let's you automatically sell junk and other things to vendors the second you open up their inventory as well as auto repair your gear. It has kinda fallen into disrepair and gets errors fairly often, but nothing stops it from still working for the most part.
Honestly I've lost track of any DBM equivalents outside of Raidcore for, well raids. Dungeon-wise I'm not sure what, if anything, is available.
There are multiple damage meters worth using at the moment, you can honestly just go shopping for one on Curse and be okay.
If you don't want to go looking though, I use NexusMeter personally.
Should probably pair it with ThreatMeter while you're at it so that you don't piss off any tanks.

>kiting a boss around in arcterra
>someone else comes to join in
>they can't kite for shit and end up taking aggro because I've been dumping all my threat into my geist
>they run away and the fight resets wasting the 5 minutes I'd been soloing it down already

every fucking time

kill me famalam

what are some must have addons for this game?

like for wow you needed dbm and recount and shit, equivalent for wildstar?

7th for GLORY TO DOMINUS

bots are cute

>Calidor Antevian augments himself anyway
>after I literally beat him into meaty chunks

>Junkit let's you automatically sell junk

I'm playing vanilla Wildstar and it lets you do this already, very handy

Not sure about autorepair

Not auto. You can repair all and vendor all trash easily without any mods. The mod just does it automatically as soon as you click a vendor, if that sounds useful to you.

>I'm playing vanilla Wildstar and it lets you do this already, very handy
Fuck, seriously? I guess I'll keep it as long as it auto-repairs my gear too, but damn I didn't even know.

I like having to press the button though, it feels nice to have a ritual to do after a good play session

I suppose vanilla doesn't go all the way, it auto-sells junk after you hit F on the vendor, not when you click it

I actually haven't had to repair yet but I guess that's because gear drops pretty often

15th for cute Aurin girls that are taller and stronger than you

So I saw this on steam, and am considering getting into it. Is it worth it? Pay2win?

>soloing a boss in starcomm
>someone comes over to leech credit
>drop aggro
>watch them flail at having to deal with the boss' attention as they desperately try to finish what I started
Sometimes they even stick around too long and it kills them.

pay2cosmetics really
they actually seem way too generous and even the sub can be bought with ingame money

>Pay2win?
Nah.
I'd say it's at least worth downloading it and spending a little time messing with it.
Videos don't do how smoothly it plays justice.

Many reviews call Wildstar the "most fair" F2P MMO ever. You can experience absolutely everything while free, and you're not truly handicapped while free. Being a subscriber gets you extra boosts and perks, but it's not enough to really stop you.

It looks pretty fun, really

>leech credit
You mean help you kill it? Why do you assume the worst intentions?

Now my next question, do you HAVE to pay to look good? Are there good looking, say, mid-game dungeon drops?

I haven't looked at many leveling armor sets but my favorite Medic armor is just from pvp
Most endgame sets are from rep grinds or bought after killing bosses/completing dungeons
As far as I know, store currency is gained slowly ingame and paying $$$ is just a shortcut, and there's not a single store costume I like anyway
Oh and you get a costume for your path too, plus you unlock pieces across your whole account

I've got like, 7 different costumes and besides a couple weapon costumes I bought in the store with Omnibits they're like 95% normal drops.

No, most of the sets you buy in the store look like shit desu. Though I really like some of the weapon sets. None of my outfits across all my characters use anything store bought except for Shade's Eve Dyes but they're just poorfag alternatives to colors you can get ingame.

Most of the store cosmetics that are decent are mounts and stuff. And the normal mounts available suit me fine, at least. Though I did get the DeLorean hoverboard because that's the shit.

How is the EU population? Or should I just go on NA instead?

>Got the z88

my nigga

Huh. I'm convinced. Gonna hop on. Lastly, which class is more fun/versatile, Esper or Spellslinger?

Should I be using my lesser runes? I get new gear constantly and removing runes costs gold

I guess they're worthless anyway so I might as well just use them

What you have to understand is that every single class in the game is flexible. All six classes can do damage; Espers, Spellslingers and Medics can heal, while Engineers, Stalkers and Warriors can tank.

That said, some folks around here say that playing a Spellslinger will spoil the fuck out of you and make Espers feel unfun.

spellslinger is a better esper

Magic cowboy it is.

The only things Esper does better than Slinger is have pets and lifesteal like a god.
Slinger's more mobile, has better interrupts, and looks cooler

anyone runes you get before 50 are shit and can be used on whatever you want, but I think you can also salvage them, and signs of [Element] are always useful, but also you might end up with a few thousand of them anyway

Magic SPACE cowboy, to clarify.

Starting first character in WildStar
Engineer as Soldier or Explorer ?

slinger sucks and is for faggots

>come back on a whim
>costume system has been nuked and turned into some pay 2 cosmetic shit
>can't log out or switch characters, the buttons do literally nothing
how did they completely break these two simple things

Of course. The most important distinction. How's the housing system?

Explorer

Is it any of these machines? I'm pretty confused, I definitely can't salvage them from the inventory like other items though

Housing is hands-down one of Wildstar's biggest, most prominent and defining features. You can build conceivably anything in housing.

So much so that one of the professions, Architect, is specifically about making decor for housing.

no, that's for trading in tokens from before runes got revamped

if you can't salvage them from your inventory you can't salvage them, my apologies I wasn't sure about that

I just remembered being flooded with elemental signs, but I think it's because they buffed what you get from salvaging random gear drops

>I definitely can't salvage them from the inventory like other items though
He meant that you can get them from salvaging gear you don't need.
There's really no point in not just making runes at the station with whatever fragments you have on hand though.
Runes are really strong and you can't use the lesser fragments for higher quality gear.
Trading them up isn't worth it and the other resource from crafting runes, the elements, are stupid common so just stop by the rune crafting station when you're in your capital city and make whatever you can.

thanks friends

Housing, for what it's worth, is also a major contributor to the RP scene, since you can (mostly) freely visit other people's plots, even if the player is not there.

RPers also claim credit for leading to the creation of the holo-wardrobe, which lets you wear whatever you want as your costume, even if your class can't actually equip that item.

The costume system is better now but it's confusing as fuck

It's so good that WoW is stealing it.

They are? Is it different from transmog?

They're doing the "unlock pieces across your account" thing, plus showing everything you haven't unlocked.
I'm going to die grinding for leather pants.

pls steal wildstar's housing next

Different devs have said that you either can or can't transmog to armor types you can't wear. I have a bad feeling they won't allow it because of >muh silhouettes.
I guess Wildstar doesn't have that problem because the races are so different from each other. But wasn't that WoW's excuse too? I don't know anymore

If they took Wildstar's housing, then that would easily put WoW back in the limelight.

Thing is housing has been "in the works" since before vanilla, but it never happened.

Garrisons don't count.

That's one of the excuses. It's supposed to be immediately obvious what type of class a character is just by looking at their armor. In Wildstar, it's different: you can see what weapons they have to tell what class they are.

>decide to make a new character rather than jump back into level 50 shit

>Get to Ellevar

I'd forgotten that the music was this good.

>tfw undergeared Esper

youtube.com/watch?v=9MbpcGDG-f0

Aurin Engi and Chua Warriors are first to be unveiled for new race class combos due to popularity.

Optiplates
The default UI also automatically sells junk if you toggle it.
You're better off repairing when your gear is actually broken as you level because you will most likely replace it before it fully breaks. Save the cash.

Unless you're capped and already have good gear, then have at it.

All the gear that drops? You can save it to your account wide holo-wardrobe to use in costumes. All gear beyond weapons has dye channels as well.
Assume it's shit because we don't hear much from Eurobros.
Shove 'em into whatever gear while leveling. You'll be drowning in useless runes and all the lesser items to craft decent runes at cap. Arcterra bosses all drop runes and you'll amass plenty while trying to grind for gear, the trinkets, or mount.
Soldier is boring as shit and doesn't really have anything amazing for group use, go explorer for fun.
You're Ui might be busted for the log out. Everything can be saved as a costume item, so it's not p2cosmetic.
Fucking amazing. Enjoy your new addiction, user.

>challenges medal check marks reset when you relog

my autism is flaring

Wanna know something funny?

You only have to bronze a challenge to "complete" it for contracts or quests.

Storm is better for single target.

Is it really that fucking hard to implement, I don't see why it's taking forever.
Literally just animations, It'll be like a year or more by the time I get the race/class combo I want by the looks of it.

aren't challenges completely unrelated to quests?

in any case, they're kind of fun. and I have to get that gold medal.

And I also could have swapped out the two ints I wasn't going to use for Restrain + Psyblade but oh well

Challenges are indeed unrelated to quests. However, completing enough challenges well enough give you the opportunity to earn free stuff. Plus, once you earn enough points and claim all rewards, the track restarts, meaning you can immediately earn new rewards.

FUCK

you're a disgrace to all explorers

hey this particular site was just being difficult. apparently you can dig without having the check mark up, the second tick was enough

Hey, should I be doing the repeat crafting quests or is just once enough? I don't know what the reward vouchers are for.

you can honestly dig wherever the fuck you want, just like how you can F wherever you want

Once is enough to get the talent point.

High level crafts give many more vouchers, and considering you'll be spending most of your time at max level those materials are often what you'll have the most of. So I doubt it's worth the effort at low levels.

>best odds

tfw raid tonight
tfw don't really want to

then don't, there's always replacements

lemme fill for you

Even for a Draken?

yeah, but I thought the dig wasn't going to be succesful without the check mark! now I know better

ARE YOU READY TO WIPE ON FIRE/WATER

I think a male draken would secretly like getting pushed around

at least we switched to slingers
now i don't have to realize that mending probe save is on cd and go welp

glad to see the general back! W* is the BEST MMORPG in the market inb4 low-pop faggots

Hope you're ready to miss Avatus. Wooo...

>Carbine Addons crashing

umm Wildfags?

H-haha what kind of Draken would ever enjoy that

Any guild pugging GA from the Dominion side today?

WELCOME TO WILDSTAR CUPCAKE

there might be one for minis/ohmna only at 9edt

FUCK YEAH DOMINION

BUTTER NO

>changing AMPs around costs cash

u wot? I don't see the reason for this

Do people actually play this, or is it just a surge of varying degree from the f2p?

I played near launch and it does look great, but the first 15 mins are like.."Hi! Have a mount and a home, but you need to pay ;)"

I remember the intro being a lot more.. Fluent.

They changed the intro like 3 times and this is the most recent version
It's on steam now so they just need to hook some whales

>realize I am so bad at the game that not even the casual f2p guilds want me

You say that as if respeccing in any other MMO doesn't cost money.