/dbdg/ Dead by Daylight General

/dbdg/ Dead by Daylight General #4
Old general: release day edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD
Pastebin with all of the values for Cheat Engine (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Video of the thread
youtube.com/watch?v=JGhIXLO3ul8

>IMPORTANT POLL
strawpoll.me/10456950

First for cute vampire spidergirl entity waifu!

>all these assblasted killers that can't kill anyone

Th for reminder to pick chainsaw man to fuck up plank vault fuckery

Reminder that you can literally just copy your save from the beta and rename it.

What a great team we got here; we're gonna do well!

Just got a strange bug that I reported on the forums. Killer downed me with a chainsaw and seemed unable to pick me up. He left, and several survivors were unable to heal me as well. Not sure if it is related, but I had a medkit and had healed once before.

At least they had the decency to tell you they were retarded beforehand. I just keep getting with idiots who struggle on the hook immediately and die in two seconds.

Are beta save files compatible with the launch game?

Disregard, I guess they are.

my nigga knows what's up.

>you still don't earn shit on Kill Your Friends Mode
>can't queue as a party on Quick Play

Well played

i dont like how theres no party ranked mode
I understand its to make it more difficult on the survivors
but why cant we chat in game
or have a scroll wheel with commands like
help me repair
heal me
distract
run

so wait you can just keep all your levels from the beta?

>Kill 3 survivors
>2 escaped

What the fuck?

Rank resets but you keep your bloodpoints/items.

someone explain the leveling system
is it really, WIN 3 IN A ROW TO ADVANCE
literally impossible with alll the shitters on today

Will we get new Killers/Survivors or is that it?

>or have a scroll wheel with commands
It needs this at least. Should be quiet, but killer should be able to hear if he's very close

earn points in game
points give you blips
not getting enough points loses you blips
get more blips and attain new rank

What folder is it in?

Does everything get burnt after a match? Like gold stuff and perks?

Steam\userdata

depends on how well the game does

Post some Webms

You're delusional if you think they won't milk this with dlc

>that fucking terrible shoop

offerings are burnt at start of match.
items disappear if you die or consume them entirely during the match
add-ons disappear even if you win
perks stay with you regardless of the outcome

>host game
>four people join
>two leave immediately
>no one ever joins again
fuck

CANT WAKE UP INSIDE

I'm sorry user, I can do better.
> Any items you acquire and and win with as a survivor (start with nothing, find a medkit, escape with medkit) you get to keep and do whatever you want with (such as shelving it for a different item you already have, or bringing it into your next match)

Neat, figured out how to let your friends join a game with randoms.

>start a lobby as killer
>wait for some user to join
>exit out
>start a KYF match
>random will still be in the lobby
>spam invite your friends
>other randoms can still join

neat

Whats the fucking point of the rankings?
Is there anything you get or is it just some fucking number?

you can probably make it even if he chainsaws you

nerf hatch

I love when I play against stupid survivors as the killer.

>At cornfield
>Almost right away find someone
>Hammer then down then hook them
>Patroll the area around the hook
>They struggle off the hook while I'm patrolling
>Put them back on the hook immediately and they die
>Find their friend working on a generator near by and hook them
>Somebody comes by to save them
>Chase them off and right as their friend starts to die I hook them
>Camping survivor #3 and waiting to see if #4 shows up
>Planning on going to the hatch if they don't show up because I found it by survivor #2's hook
>Hear loud clang literally around the wall I'm standing behind
>Walk around and see #4 coming out of a locker so I grab them and hook them 15 feet away from #3

They only managed to get one generator on. How can one team be so dumb?

There is no point right now as it's broken as fuck. There is a 20% chance you keep the blip you get after the game. My win rate with survivor, while racking more than 12,000 points every game is over 80%, but I'm still sitting at rank 20, with 0 blips. What a fucking nice ranking system.

i eventually baited him into running upstairs to get me, this is seriously the second 10 minute standstill for the trapdoor ive done in the hour. I also literally did all 4 generators by my self, when are new players gonna learn how to play?

its day 1 user

day 1 (one)

Are the cheats still going strong or is this game worth buying now?

Is "The Grand Sacrifice" glitched?
I managed to sacrifice all survivors several times yet I've never got this achievement.

well, they are definitely still usable. i doubt very few people will use them in fear of getting banned in the actual release though.

How do you import the save?

read the pastebin

you should be able to solve this

many achievements are glitched

8000 mystery box
It's a wax block, that makes the skill check for sabotaging traps smaller.

What the fuck.

You think that's stupid?
>See two people immediately
>They're walking
>Slowly vaulting over stuff
>Chainsaw one but he doesn't go down cause I've got the safety add on or whatever to milk points
>He doesn't sprint away he just walks
>His buddy is walking away
>Go and down his buddy
>Hook him, go back and the original walker is just 10 feet away walking
>Down and hook him
>Find another survivor
>Walking
>Kill him
>The last survivor has done all the generators himself and his really good at hiding.
>Never found the hatch, and he escapes
He deserved it, what a shitty team he got.

>Wiggle bar doesn't reset anymore
That's some bullshit

>Two players left
>Knock one of them down and pick him up
>Nearest hook is kind of far
>Go for it anyways
>Decide I'm not going to make it and drop him down
>Other survivors fucks up and gets noticed immediately
>Go beat her down and put her on that hook
>Go back to downed survivor and debate whether I've waited long enough to pick him back up
>Suddenly realize the other survivor got off the hook
>Spend another minute finding her and getting her back on the hook
>Well okay, that's long enough
>Pick downed survivor up
>Immediately breaks out
>Runs around a corner and the hatch just happens to be there
>Gets away

>toolbox only sabotages 2 hooks with the 50 extra charges addon

Someone mentioned an idea for a mimic killer in the old thread, but I had a few ideas to expand that.

The killer should be either an old man looking dude or a diseased, emaciated wretch dressed in ratty, stained clothes. From a short distance he'd look like a survivor, but up close he's more obvious. He could toggle a wounded walking state, fake interacting with a generator or other object or even lie down like he's bleeding out, but the important part of this ability is his ambush.

When interacting or after a short charge up, he'd have a short, nearly instant lunge which he can use to harm victims, or instantly catch them if they try to interact or are facing away.

A few giveaway would be entertaining. He'd have the most awareness of killers by being able to turn his view 360 degrees when interacting with something. Problem is, if he turns, his head twists about on his head revealing his glowing/glistening eyes and scary face, so the trick is to only turn to aim the lunge at the last moment.

Maybe giving him a few hallucinatory abilities would be good as well, like being able to fake a generator, or make a working one appear to be no longer working to lay an ambush.

A weapon like a wicked knife or hook would be most suitable, hidden in his sleeve fused to his arm.

Good. It was utter shit seeing all your hooks evaporate and be forced to babysit a slowly dying crawler or abandon them to never see them again

Would it be worth it convincing my friends to get with the current multiplayer system or should I wait? It looks fun I just don't know how playable it is with friends.

>general STILL openly posting cheat engine shit

get fucked OP

Can survivors hear if I cancel ringing my bell? I want them to forget if I'm cloaked or uncloaked.

How about a twin-sisters killer-duo.

2 cultist wretches, fast as the trapper.
2 killers spawn on the map.
They can jump on survivors and pin them for a short period of time. After the time is up, the survivor is injured.
It takes both wretches to carry one survivor.
They must work together to navigate through the environment as one carries the hands, and the other carries the feet.

Front controls the direction, back controls the steering.

Major benefit for covering the map and finding survivors quicker.
Major downside to maneuvering players to hooks.

Yeah they sound awful.

>be trapper
>kill two survivors
>hook the other two at the same time
>watch as the Entity impales both of them
>nothing happens
>survivors bodies become black and ethereal but otherwise don't actually get taken away by the entity
>game considers them on the hook and not dead
>game never ends

Welp. This kinda sucks.

>game never ends
This happened to me once.
I took the time to explore the map during the beta and test out bear traps.

If you wait an hour, the game will end and you will win.

That's a good thing; and a stock toolbox can't even do two hooks without extra charges or unless the saboteur gets lucky as fuck with great skill checks.

This killer idea, but female, and can also "sing" to lure survivors, who will hear the sound of an injured player.

They could be a siren.

I feel like allowing him to pretend to interact with things would be way too unbalanced in his favor, and I think the way to have him pretend to be injured is to mimic a survivor in the game based on whatever state they are at that time, so if a survivor is injuried and mimicked, the killer will look injured. You don't want it to be too unbalanced.

dont you hate when your shitty teammates waste valuable time
>manage to wiggle out of killers grasp
>make him chase me around for another minute
>he gets me, hooks me
>i free myself on the 3rd attempt
>fuck around another 2 minutes before im caught
>hooked again
>meanwhile o (Z E R O) generators have been repaired
i caused so much havoc. and no not one was in the vicinity to even attempt to unhook me. they were scared shitless on the other side of the map

It never reset

Welp, survivors that leave make you derank. I thought they fixed this shit

I thought it used to drain slowly if you're put down.

so there are 3 maps
are there different variations of these maps? They all have a weird name. Like I just played the coal fields or some shit. Or is it where I am starting when I spawn?

what if you can quiet yourself in a closet completely, but be forced into first person with no view of the outside when doing it?

Different variations.

yeah there's 3 base maps and 4 major variations for each, not including the procedural placement/spawns of certain buildings and environment pieces

3 maps with 4 variations each with procedural generation

>WWAAAHHH IM NOT ALLOWED TO GROUP UP WITH MY SKYPE BUTTBUDDIES AND PUBSTOMP WAAHHH

Holy fuck these literal children really dont get it do they

There were people asking why the game wasn't out in their timezone despite there being a stickied announcement regarding the exact time of release. Steam discussion users are retarded

Chainsaw dashing across the map as hillbilly is so fun.

i still need to try downing people vaulting thru windows.

>killer disconnecting still deranks you
>survivors disconnecting still freezes the killer
>glitch where you don't die on the hook still exists
>glitch where the killer gets teleported out of the map still exists

neat

>There are still people playing as the guys despite the girls having the exact same stats but having a shorter and thinner player model

Getting the perk that makes downed survivors light up for you as the killer can't come soon enough.

they have promised a lot of things that they haven't delivered lol

I play as whoever looks the best, and I'd sooner fuck Dwight or Jake than I would Meg or Claudette.

Wear headphones and turn up your audio, injured survivors are loud as fuck and easy to pinpoint.

>Not maining Dwightstache
Meg shitter detected

Ranking going haywire for anyone else too? Scoreboard says i am rank 19 killer but in the main menu it still says 20.

I will never help a dwight
Jake4lyfe

Oh, i thought it was my fault for freezing as the killer. Nice to know.

I can make webm's but I don't know how to get then file size down enough to post on a place.

who here /almost stable 30fps on low/ here?

Read the paste and didn't see how to import shit from the beta, although I already deleted the beta so is it too late?

Literally copy the save file and rename it, overwriting the new one, retard.

That was the first perk I got

It's great

which one is that

>It's a Mystery Box

Set the limit to 3mb.

Injured survivors are loud as hell, but become ridiculously quiet when you actually down them. You can't even hear them until you're practically standing on top of them.

I get that, clearly. But finding it is the problem. I go into STEAM>USERDATA and then I find 5 folders of what I assume to be all the profiles I've used on my compybox. When I open them, ALL of the folders have several MORE folders with numbers. I sift through and can't understand it. I know I'm asking alot, but could you hold my hand like a retard. Please?

maybe you should figure out what the numbers mean

>people here legitimately think the only reason people want to play with friends is to easily stomp others for quick wins
Why are people like you so fucking retarded?

WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN MASON?

381210, you're on your own for the rest.

>not being a bro and helping everybody as long as they're decent players
You suck.

i've only met one decent survivor since release and that was another jake
we were the only ones to escape because the other two were tards who didnt get a single gen

>Start a game
>Need to take a huge shit as soon as the match start
>God blessed me by having all the survivors run towards my direction and into my cleaver

Fastest game ever. Didn't last more than 3 minutes.

Thanks, I'm guessing that's the real DBD and I've just got to find the beta one.

That's alright.

Also, what was the player peak for beta? ~4,5k? At launch there were 20k players so good luck not being paired with scrubs.

>He's an insecure white male so hes forced to main the white male

You and everyone else

I've only had two non farm matches. Have you guys been getting the farm over and over? I can't seem to get away from it.

>Import my beta save beacuse devs didn't do anything to prevent you from doing so
>Get 700000 points to spend
>Get 17lvl
>Already get 2lvl Whispers perk and 2lvl Spies from the shadows perk
>Already got 3lvl Spies from the shadows on my bloodweb
Finally being able to use perks feels so fucking good.

I fucking wish, it's the only one that feels different. Keep getting autowreckers

wew lad
I'm both happy for you and pissed off at you at the same time.