/simg/ - Simulation Games General

"Hey! What are you doing?" Edition

Previous sortie: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

/fsg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997
Or whatever is on the group's profile

BMS download links
mega.nz/#!0BlTkazA!VUwoKAzavtJ3qIUy7lEF8D8MFjbI_Si-r6nwC3wQZYQ
mediafire.com/folder/54569phfy8au7/BMS4.33_setup
e-haf.org/PublicFTP/320/BMS_4.33/Falcon_BMS_4.33_U1_Setup.zip

Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

Silent Hunter 3 pastebin:
pastebin.com/jNSvhFfY

Dangerous Waters pastebin:
pastebin.com/qvxk755r

FPSchazly's Dangerous Waters tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSvzqNmdX71x2COOyM-p2qHIpRNOvpGQ

Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Example of welcome sims:
Falcon BMS
DCS World
Rise of Flight
IL-2
Combat Helo
Microsoft Flight Simulator
X-Plane
Euro truck sim
Assetto Corsa
rFactor 2
Live for Speed
SAM Simulator
Steel Beasts Pro
Steel Armor: Blaze of War
Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
Silent Hunter
Train Simulator
Farming Simulator 2015

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm* 3
Ac* Combat
W*r Thunder
World of ____

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NJIZTL2ZyEw
youtube.com/watch?v=g_zyskazJlg
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/200522-BNZ-banning-on-several-servers
youtube.com/watch?v=mGp4DvFEgh8
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for rotary wing supremacy

second for remove spitshit

desu

Link?

>This is what wehraboos actually believe

>plane gets hit
>bad things happen to plane
>>This is what wehraboos actually believe

God Damn Mi-26 is fucking huge.

jesus christ how terrifying

youtube.com/watch?v=NJIZTL2ZyEw

Ignore spigger posts, don't reply to spigger posters.

>spigger

What the fuck kind of meme are you trying to force

meanwhile in DCS
>Black Sea in storm flatter than a pedophile's wet dream
>flying so low you're practically an ekranoplan doesn't kick up water
We'll never have landings like this.

I guess spitnigger is too long to type and he wants to get in on that sweet "migger" maymay.

>I guess spitnigger is too long to type and he wants to get in on that sweet "migger" maymay.
Welcome to something that was agreed upon in january if not in 2015.

BMS ops WHEN

>agreed upon

Is BMS hard?

I just set up smartphone tracking. You fucking saviour /simg/, you.

>is something that requires autistic levels of interest and some common sense to be good at hard

"no"

Elaborate on autistic levels of interest.
Am I going to be reading manuals and shit?

Um....How? like head tracking? Android only I presume.

android im assuming? I tried a solution with my old shitty iphone but it was rather terrible

Yep, android. It's working like a charm (even though I look kinda stupid with my phone on my head).

I'm building a freetrack though, already have the emitter but I'll try to buy a PS3 Eye next paycheck because it's kinda hard to get one around here (at least one without the Move)

Smartphone tracking is just 3DOF, right?

Sadly, yeah.

uses the gyroscope i assume so yeah

how good is a freetrack with a ps3 eye?

i already got the ps3 eye just need to bother with the ir emitter

>how good is a freetrack with a ps3 eye?

I guess I'll tell you when I get it, but i saw some videos and it looks like it works a-ok

BMP ops happening
get in TS

>560ti breaks
>can't go past 30 FPS in DCS with my spare graphics card
Thank you Jesus.

Engine: on fire

That's some goddamned impressive flying. Although, I'm shocked that the Lynx isn't equipped with a hauldown. The Canadians figured that shit out in the early 60's, I thought nearly every Navy in the western world had adopted them.

When your snoot gets booped a bit too hard.

Grach Ops were fun af.

I prefer OpenTrack, it's a lot more stable, less fucky with the CLEye Driver. Works like a charm, takes no time at all to setup, and it's smooth as silk.

Comfy as fuck

More importantly it isn't fucking ancient, unlike Freetrack - the last time the software got updated Dubya was still the president.

T72B

>grach ops screenshots while I'm stuck spending time with my family

This is true pain.
I was taking to my dad about the grach.
You're actually supposed to say it with the "ch" sound, but I still think "grack" sounds better. Grach is some type of bird I guess.

chrack?

hi harmless

>Grach is some type of bird I guess.
It means rook.
youtube.com/watch?v=g_zyskazJlg

blyat

Gra-CH

Grachi prilleteli

Get a phonetic alphabet.

What the fuck does a telephone have to do with anything.

wew

>canards
>all those pylons
What. How old is that drawing?

Should I make a flightsimming infographic picture? Something with 4/5 tiers (third worlder, "wise spender"/kike, enthusiast, "I can almost afford to literally burn money"), that isn't exclusively about HOTASes, that isn't shit and isn't made by an /*3g/ subhuman?

*flightsimming hardware

I have absolutely no idea.

Sure, go for it.

Open track superceded it.

See picrelated and pastebin

But sure, go for it, the more OC the better

That's exactly what I'm saying.

>that isn't exclusively about HOTASes, that isn't shit and isn't made by an /*3g/ subhuman?
Though we should probably use "read the fucking pastebin" written in red as the thread OP image as nobody seems to be even aware it's there.

looking to buy a new cpu. My understanding is that DCS isn't really multi-threaded and that having less but more powerful cores is most important correct?

Yeah, DCS runs on one core (with audio handled on a second, IIRC)

so single-core performance trumps multiple cores. That's actually true for most games, from what I understand

Correct. Either get a Sandy Bridge and OC at will (i'm 100% serious, those CPUs are the embodiment of futureproof), or get a newer Intel CPU, delid it and replace the fuckawful thermal paste between the heat spreader and the die with Noctua or something. Of you don't need a fucking hammer for deliding it.

thanks, i'm currently looking at Intel's i3-6100. From what i've been reading it seems to have amazing single core performance for the price. Seems like it would do really well with DCS

I meant that the picrelated and pastebin would work in union, complementing eachother.

I agree completely with
>Though we should probably use "read the fucking pastebin" written in red as the thread OP image as nobody seems to be even aware it's there.

Pull up!

Just make sure that you can OC it, inform yourself on how to do it if it's possible, and get the "tray" version of that CPU and an aftermaket cooler. Even something really cheap like a Raijintek Aidos or Coolermaster TX3 makes a whole world of difference.

>That's actually true for most games
Yeah, but having 4 powerful cores is worth it if you like to emulate PS2/Gamecube games.

>tfw no brit planes

do want

But you'll have two spitfires soon. Aren't you happy?

Spitfires are literally the pleb plane of British aircraft enthusiasts. One won't be worth getting either because VEAO

>Buying i3

user pls no, at least get an i5 if you can afford it.

What is the point of bridges in DCS? Ground units just drive over rivers at 40km/h while some poor guy tries to drop bridges to stop an advance.

I thought this was a simulator?

>implying VEAO will ever release theirs

This. If you thought that F-15 fags were bad you never had anything to do with Spitfire niggers. As for proofs:

>they've been despised in the WW2 online flight simming community since at least the early 90's
>casual servers in IL-2 1946 started to ban people that use BnZ and energy fighting because spiggers couldn't coordinate with each other to counteract it

>casual servers in IL-2 1946 started to ban people that use BnZ and energy fighting because spiggers couldn't coordinate with each other to counteract it

HHAHHAHA

WUT M8?

This is true, tonnes of servers in hyperlobby used to have rules banning BnZ. How they enforced it I can't remember, it was probably just bans for whoever killed the admin.

The only populated servers that weren't the full realism PTO/BoB ones explicitly said in that boom and zoom is not allowed, IIRC along other stupid shit like "no loitering". Basically what said, except that sometimes they banned you even for other things such as meming on them with the CR42, because getting in a turn fight against a biplane is definitely a brilliant idea :^)

He's right, don't get me wrong I think it's a beautiful plane and very good under a capable pilot, but shitters think muh battle of Britain and always go the spit, ignoring that the Hurricane scored more kills too. Fuck spitniggers

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/200522-BNZ-banning-on-several-servers
Im too lazy to find amusing posts.

On a related note, what are you supposed to do when you BnZ someone and he just keeps diving and dodging until you're within his optimal altitude? Ignore him and stay high?

Not play shitty no missiles planes for one.

Also nothing really, you're suppose to use teamwork against it.

Hi 4gen only nigger!

Are you playing airquake? Fuck him, don't jeopardize yourself for a kill. Are you playing something objective based? Fuck him, he's not a threat.

>no missile planes are shit
t. man who can't shoot for shit

Unless you're defending low-flying aircraft, or the enemy is an aircraft attacking an objective at low level... yeah, just let him go. No point in fighting on his terms unless there's a damned good reason to.

>TFW you have to do a F3 search for /simg/ because the pic in the OP has changed for the first time in a month.

You fly away before you lose your advantage and bide your time.

>MFW I "BnZ" in a Spitfire

What are you saying? The last 3 different editions had 3 completely different planes.

>spit pilots
youtube.com/watch?v=mGp4DvFEgh8

When it comes to headtracking for third worlders:

Shit tier:
smartphone tracking (lol3DOF, might be decent for memegames like El*te or Arm*, but definitely doesn't work if you actually need SA)
facetracking (implying it ever works, implying facetracknoir isn't total shit)

God tier:
Aruco paper marker tracker (accurate as fuck, the only con is that you need a hat and a rigid piece of plastic/cardboard and a hat)

>started to ban people that use BnZ and energy fighting
But what if the plane is literally built for BnZ? They blacklist the plane or expect you to turnfight Spitfires in a 190?
Man, these people are retarded.

Got it, thanks guys.

>God tier:
>Aruco paper marker tracker
This implies you have a webcam. If you have one, might as well make an IRclip.

>If you have one, might as well make an IRclip.
Sure, if you're gud at DIY. If you're a third worlder AND dumb and can't afford even the shittiest emitter that is sold on ebay the Aruco marker is hands down your best option.

>expect you to turnfight Spitfires in a 190?
Yes. And as I already said, some admins banned you even if you outmeme'd then due to their idiocy.

>being unable to afford some LEDs
that would be africa tier poor

I mean, you can energy fight without boom and zooming, strictly, but it's the easiest and least risky method

Fucking turnfighters, man. Angle fighting is the easiest shit, you don't need to know anything about flying or your airplane to make it work well (Obviously knowing how to yo-yo and your optimal speed for sustained/instantaneous turn rates is good, but you don't NEED that)- you just fucking bank and yank. Meanwhile, energy fighting requires a sound understanding of fighter tactics, the capabilities of your airplane versus the enemy's airplane at different altitudes and starting conditions, and good gunnery to put shots where they'll do something in the split-second opportunities you usually get.

Spitfires aren't HAWKER PRIDE

Typhoon/tempest/hunter/ when?

>HAWKER PRIDE
Redefining friendly fire, one sherman at a time, high on those sweet engine fumes.

Although it means that you have a webcam, but no where does it say you'd be able to remove the IR filter which could potentially make IR clips a no-go

>if you're gud at DIY.
Also funfact: the LEDs that you can get off of old remotes are better than the fancy shit that is recommended on the various guides.

The IR filters on webcams are literally a nonissue in most cases, even more so if it's a PS3eye (I never removed it on mine and it works flawlessly).

>HAWKER PRIDE

PILOT SURVIVED