/twg/ - Total War General

Sweden edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

DED SHIT

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=695024040
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

IF OUR DAIMYO IS TO BECOME SHOGUN

MILITARY RULER OF ALL JAPAN

So what happened to the orcs in the end times

Darthmod actually makes cav usefull

>Implying killing your own peasant troops is wrong
thats what they are there for

>always siege with 1 necro + 19 zombies with supporting monster armies
>zombie army is only 1200 upkeep
>all the towers and range waste their time on the zombos
>half the wiped out units usually rise after the battle anyways
nothing more satisfying than winning "10%" battles with the big zombie D

>lone swordsman takes on wyvern
Some one stop the madman

>Propelling your troops towards them
>Rising Sun attack

What are some more forbidden secret tactics?

>legendary Emp campaign where I try becoming a horde and conquer a different start location
>move to the south
>score heroic victory against Tilea turn 13 due to lucky reinforcement placement
>move in to attack Miragliano
>their garrison includes 3 mortars AND mortar towers
>on fucking turn 14

I feel no shame in savescumming this and just starving them out instead. My army was half dead by the time I even reached the walls.

Id do this aswell for all battles if it wasnt that 60 percent of the time my army would reinforce from behind the enemy and vice versa.
Right now I just have a small like of Zombos to eat the charge of infantry and grave guard to back them up.

terrorgheist armies, get a mounted necro with all the constantly replenishes hp upgrades and 2 terrorgheists. you can now cycle charge then fly away to defeat EVERY army in the game, the more terrorgheists you have the better, just disengage them when morale is low and they regenerate passively anyway, fly them back to muma necro.
this doesnt work in multi though obviously, because people just spelldamage the gheists

is there any reason to use the gay vampire dogs? they just seem like shit cavalry

They're earlygame and cheap cav

You're not supposed to use them later on unless you want a really cheap stack that might actually do some damage

another thing would be using blocking bats, this one works in multi too real damn well. because they are dirt cheap take 4, use them to rearcharge skirmisher cav/archers and bind them from running away from your slower and deadlier black knights, the last 3 multiplayer matches I did this worked 100% of the time, scrub empire lad lost all his outriders for 1 unit of bats.

also use distraction bats to eat the charge of a high value unit, by flying them to countercharge lets say demigryphs(from the side preferably) while they were charging my seemingly 'side facing' black knights they were tangled up for enough time for me to swing around and get 2 cycle charges before they derped and started macroing them/

basically bats are goat, keep some in reserve for chasing cav and a few directly helping your cav for binding and you will laugh at your 300 points spent to remove 2000point artillery/3lots of horse archers/.

The reinforcing in TWW is pants on head retarded. Before TWW the direction seemed to be about right when you compared the positions to the campaign map, but in TWW I've had several instances where 2 of my stacks stand right next to each other, and the enemy has 2 stacks standing next to each other, and my second stack ends up coming from behind the enemy and their second one comes from behind me. Not only is it annoying as fuck and inconsistent, but it also makes army specialization dangerous as hell (for example, having 2 stacks together as the Empire with one filled with melee units and a general with melee unit buffs, and one with ranged units and a general with ranged unit buffs).

Why is the economy in this game so fucking retarded unless you are playing Orcs or Chaos?

No matter how many provinces I conquer, no matter how much I turtle and build growth/economy buildings, and even with 1 good army and two or 3 of meat I can never fucking get more than 2500+ for more than a few turns. Its fucking retarded. I have to sit for six turn or so just to afford to build anything, and then another six or so to recruit any kind of useful units.

The only faction I ever had a massive economy with was as the Orcs, Grimgor was shitting out 20,000 gold per turn easy, and that was with four doomstacks and two lesser armies.

Can't even recruit agents to sit idle for the rest of the game at homebase because it takes so long and costs so much to even recruit them. This is as both Dwarves and Empire.

VC moneymancing can get pretty crazy

How do you manage not to drown in cash as the Empire? In my Empire playthrough I'm 50 turns in, and I make about 10k a turn.

You can take some cool screenshots of this game

Monsters are too cool. Can't wait for Ogres.

>stabbed by your own Spearman (without shield)

VENGENANCE

Its a bug apparently. Needs to be fixed really, I had a battle in the pass between the Border prices and the empire against 2 chaos armys vs my two greenskin armys. Both the Lord of Changes and Grimgors armys reinforced from my flank at the EXACT same spot, making it a clusterfuck. And turning what could have been a fun battle into a annoying mosh pit in the corner as the Stupid everwatcher got tickled by a troll and died.

Ded slav is a gud slav

Is there emperor more effective against infantry on foot or mounted?

>WW is pants on head retarded. Before TWW the direction seemed to be about right when you compared the positions to the campaign map, but in TWW I've had several instances where 2 of my stacks stand right next to each other, and the enemy has 2 stacks standing next to each other, and my second stack ends up coming from behind the enemy and their second one comes from behind me.
This has happened since the first Rome, the only difference is that Warhammer never gets it right where Rome/mw2/etc only fucks up like 25% of the time

I don't know why but, i really like the movie look you can get going. I should make a webm(since black bars on a screenshot are dumb)

>look up tww on twitch
>down to nowhere with 225 viewers

Well, that was quick

Playing as Chaos, got a huge amount of brave Dwarf boys to crush.
Probably at least 8 full stacks from what I can see.
What's the best anti-Dwarf stack?
I've mostly been getting by with a mix of Shield Chosen, Great Weapon Chosen, and a couple Chaos Spawn units for flavour.
In the rare circumstance where I can get away with spending 2 turns encamped, I'll build like 6 Chaos Knights too.
It works out okay but I do tend to lose a fair amount just working through their numbers.
Especially my Great Weapon Chosen soak up the most losses mostly, despite the fact that they're the ones running around to flank and back attack usually...

Before TWW it was such a marginal problem I never even really gave it a second thought, an army that was roughly to the side of my stack would come from somewhere on that side in the battle map, but in TWW it can appear from any direction making it impossible to plan accordingly. Not only does it hurt the player, it can also make hard battles way too easy. In my Empire campaign I was attacked by Mannfreds full stack + a half stack that was behind him on the campaign map. Had the second stack arrived from the correct direction I could have lost the fight, but instead they showed up in my deployment zone which meant I got to butcher them easily while their main stack ran full speed towards me and thus lost all coherence.

The ai loves to target non shielded infantry.

Shields don't do anything in melee. It's just a 30% chance to block ranged fire coming from the front.

>attack Miragliano turn 14
>they have bombardment towers
>defend Miragliano turn 30
>regular towers

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FUCKING SHIT
AS IF THE AI DOESN'T FUCKING CHEAT ENOUGH ON LEGENDARY

and the ai will focus fire on the unshielded units.

Atleast its still up there on steam, hope it stays that way

>this means that the esports plague will never reach total war
nice

What are the twitch demographics? I can't help but imagine it's 90% teenagers (and younger) who are only interested in the e-celeb aspects of stream viewing.

I'm pretty sure it's because it's a unique city, like the major faction capitals, Kislev and couronne

50% moba/CS:GO viewers
40% cancer (hearthstone, e-celeb spammers)
10% random people who occasionally watch something they like or an event

The tw youtubers get ~18k views a video

Staying off twitch is a good thing
not like YouTube is much better *kappa* *stankface* *420blazeit*

YOUTUBE

>5 factions

Dumb TW:W Question Alert
What does "Guard Stance" actually do?

Dwarves have high upkeep
Empire I dunno, I was sitting at +5k after getting Marienburg and the province near Altdorf
Taxes are nice, but don't forget to trade

esports are cancer but it would be nice to see expanded multiplayer options.
just seems so bare bones.

Never thought I'd miss tomb kangz

At least he didn't identify as a prepubescent girl

> Tomb Kings still not announced

hasn't played the game, the post.

I'm still here man

Makes your dudes hold their ground if the enemy they're fighting routs instead of chasing them

so since unit variation is capped out at 5 items per slot. why on earth do some units have more than 5 variations, pic related its the last 3 hidden 'unused' dwarf warrior variations for heads.

It just means they won't chase after enemies

I agree with this, if you open up the chat bar, lock it then minimise it at least the chat box can be permanently open all match in game. just figured that out last night.

it does seem very unfleshed though, can we even change weather/time of day in this one?, seems randomised

>1 (one) imperial province
>no provincial units other than Reiksguard
Long Rifles and Fireloques when?

>Muh Empire needs to 4x as many units and attention than every other faction because they're my favourite

Burlok, what's yer least favorite part of being dawi?

I'd have to say it's the hellcannons, me king, and what say ye yerself?

Most certainly chasing down hellcannons.

Yes and? There's literally no reason that the defenses should downgrade after I take it

Honestly a DLC that is just an extra unit pack for existing factions would be pretty nice
(as well as Ogre mercenaries for hire)

What retard though settlements not being given lord units was a good idea? It makes 90% of the towns worthless and pads out the game length playing whack-a-mole with the AI pulling armies out of its ass.

Just gyro them up
Chaos doesn't even have ranged to attack them

Not him, but half of the Empire roster are just different types of warmachines. Haven't played TT in a decade, but at least back then Empire also had free companies, archers, flagellants etc. Dwarfs for example have more units in TWW than they had when I still played TT.

Get Gyro Copters Nerd. They are fast enough to fly in and give them a taste of close air support and explosive death.

Alternately, take it like a Dwarf, and just march straight up and slap their shit.

At some point they might grace us with "Dogs of War/Regiments of Renown" units so you can fill gaps like that, or that might be a long term mod project.

For that matter it would be fun to just go whole hog and have them as a playable faction, at least in skirmishes.

They really need to add support for burying units which are a pretty important part of some factions. Would make miners not completely useless like they are now.

I'm kraka drak, so I have to wait awhile to get my gyros running. Once we do they will be absolutely essential to me, but for now the heroes go on long journeys dodging cannon fire.

And why the fuck are raids deleting my buildings are resetting the fucker to level 1, and why the fuck are garrison units made up entirely of trash. I swear most of the game decisions exist solely to pad out the length of the campaign with obnoxious tedious shit because their AI when it comes to battles is completely fucking garbage and they're too lazy and cheap to improve it.

>Pick empire
>run around and kill off seccessionists
>delayed by rampaging orc tribes
>Middenland declares war on me for cleansing their lands of the orcs that just sacked all their shit
>won't peace out
>destroy two of their cities
>defensive dwarves near me decide they want to burn my shit to the ground

Being emperor is a chore.

>Recruit lords are worth 500-600 men
>cost nothing to maintain with a marginal boost to faction costs

95% of my quick matches nothing is even said in the chat. depressing lack of bants in this game.

Dunno about weather/time conditions. I'm not fussed to be honest. Wouldn't mind if it was implemented at random especially if rain had an effect on troop movement speed and ranged.

Worst thing about esports/competetive communies is that they suck the fun out of the game. Can't have any asymmetry on a map, no rng and all units have to be completely reduced to a mathematical value. If they had their way each faction would be a reskin of another and all like units stats would be exactly the same and maps would be flat as fuck boring surfaces.

The more random elements at work the more problem solving you've got to do is how i see it.

Hoping this magic lord sniping shit gets nerfed a bit or spells with potential for great damage should really have some repercussions for the caster.

>fire wizard launches his flaming vomit skull into a clusterfuck of goblins
>kills 10

the medium unit size meme is actually real?

>tfw no winter mountain pass fights for Dwarves
>every battlefield is just a flat open area with a few hills

thats due to no one even knowing how to chat and do the lock thing, so people have to click oin the chat button, stop commanding. type. enter, backspace away the chat bar. ect. makes it a disadvantage AND tedious

it should really DEFAULT to locked and on so everyone chats.

How about you build the walls then? The only way to lose towns with walls to the AI is if they bring multiple stacks or they siege it for the 15 turns in takes for the garrisons to die and you do nothing about it.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=695024040

Also use the fire tornado for kills

its possible to mod the battlemaps still in this one, I hope somone adds at the very least BRIDGE battles. mountain pass battles too user.

Idk if we have the battlemap editor is all as I only use pfm for modding

>play FOTS with ultra sizes
>four rows of line infantry just stand there and do nothing, don't even switch after shooting
>kneeling needs to be researched

It's a travesty that you've been ignored for so long

So I will answer your question:

I don't know

This is why you use Darthmod.

>send a unit of Black Knights (Lances) crashing into a unit
>it literally bowls over the entire unit, some of the dwarves go flying at least 30 meters or so.
>3 or so casualities, the rest all stand up slowly.

Wew lad

The AI just broke a peace deal with four turns left. I didn't know they were allowed to do that.

That's it. I'm installing Radious.

dunno why they cant just implement the old "press enter to chat- press enter to exit chat" fade in overlay.

Rising Sun Mod for FOTS from the workshop.
Thank me later.

Orcs get teleported from Cathay/Nipon or some shit after wrecking the great wall
Grimgor gets jobbed by Archeon.
Orcs got fucking wiped by chaos dudes

Skarsnik makes a deal with the skaven for them to fuck off out of Eight Peaks. Surprise surprise he didn't forsee them betraying him (classic GW!) Gobbla gets killed, Skarsnik ponders life and runs away or some other garbage.

>not playing on Ultra unit-size

neither do I user, its bad design, simple as that. that I have to reset and relock and move the bar every match is bad enough

Build cash nuildingss in ever y prpboince

1 hand soory

>I can never fucking get more than 2500+

That's a decent income, not sure what you're complaining about. The only buildings you'd have to wait to afford are the end game buildings.

Also you aren't sacking enough if money is an issue

I think they will expand upon multiplayer.
They've made units smaller/kept them the same size as previous games and simplified some systems. Could be so that more stable multiplayer is possible?

I wonder if 3 way battles are possible with this engine.

>firing mass cannons at giants

Best feeling. The way they stagger and swat away the cannonballs as if they're flies never fails to amuse me.

>sacking in TWW

You arent manually aiming them. When I hit a giant with a cannon ball 9 times out of 10 they are getting knocked on thier asses.

What are you implying? Sacking is extremely important as every factions.

>not sacking for those juicy 10-30 thousand cash injections

>he doesn't poo poo pee pee all over the stunties homes

youz muckin about