/srg/ Simple Rockets General

Simple rockets is shit edition

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, Simple Rockets should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (sandbox mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and physics glitches that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in the thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
Modified versions of popular mods are being included in the stock game while the game itself has received no major updates in the past few years. The most recent update was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, add symmetry modes, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving some of these goals, the game is now more boring than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Bethesda) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
Simple Rockets is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Simple rockets isn't responding". The Developers, Jundroo, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial developing tactics. The general consensus at /srg/ is that you should not purchase the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Jundroo does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YF4GnrSmjp4
youtube.com/watch?v=TfKHdJchAyw
reddit.com/r/simplerockets/comments/3upeuy/faq_for_all_newcomers/
jundroo.com/app/simplerockets/
reddit.com/r/srmod
reddit.com/r/simplerockets/wiki/rendezvous_with_another_celestial_body
sr.5of0.com/
reddit.com/r/simplerockets
reddit.com/r/simplerockets/wiki/controls
reddit.com/r/simplerockets/wiki/smasa_aerospace
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-devs-hope-to-add-budgets-reputation-in-2014
Veeky
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=YF4GnrSmjp4

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=TfKHdJchAyw

>FAQ
reddit.com/r/simplerockets/comments/3upeuy/faq_for_all_newcomers/

>Game site
jundroo.com/app/simplerockets/

>SR mods
reddit.com/r/srmod

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
reddit.com/r/simplerockets/wiki/rendezvous_with_another_celestial_body

>Some useful calculators
sr.5of0.com/

>Official forum
reddit.com/r/simplerockets

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
reddit.com/r/simplerockets/wiki/controls

>Official SR fan fiction
reddit.com/r/simplerockets/wiki/smasa_aerospace

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, TRUMP 2016, abu ali al-scatterer-khan, and planes are also welcome ITT. Turning the thread to shit and ruining the thread's comfiness is not.

TRUMP 2016

hullo

a

I wish I knew how to interpolate.

>pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-devs-hope-to-add-budgets-reputation-in-2014

In 2013, Maxmaps took the wheel, pretending to be a marketer / CM / dev to the fanbase, when in reality he was placed in charge of making sure the final product did not scale beyond the $5mil of our money Adrian and Ezequiel were actually allowing to be spent on the development of KSP.

So, with the cancelling of resources and DLCgate, we saw the future drastically narrow down to a point. This shift was embodied by Maxmaps' continually repeated statement that "sandbox is scope complete" -- we must deconstruct this statement to fully understand the multifaceted meanings. This will take time.

What is important is that in this moment a paradigm was created. A paradigm that suggested "sandbox" was a complete iteration of the game and therefore a major milestone. When in fact it was an arbitrary and artificial line in the sand designed to limit expenditure so that the majority of the invested money could be fraudulently embezzled.

By "moving on" to career mode, they created a false equivalency suggesting career and sandbox were two facets of an overall thing. When they failed to deliver career in a timely manner, science mode was added. Another one of Max's failed promises leading to a compromised feature in the game.

After resourcegate and the declaration that Sandbox was "scope complete," we saw all development begin to pace itself based on business deals rather than development capacity. Every update after this took 6 months, and failures to move the NASA deal along quickly enough led to completely mutilating .23 through .24, which would have been fantastic updates chock full of content if half the content didn’t need to be removed to satisfy an NDA.

And then of course, begins the true Max regime of .25 on.

Ending the false paradigm means returning to the mindset of 2013, reopening Sandbox’s scope, and, if the fanbase cares enough, scrapping and redoing career.

Go back to /kspg/ faggot

Take your meds

And what does this have to do with simple rockets?

MANmaps ruins everything.
Haven't you done enough damage for one day?

Maxmaps Adds Fun

whoops, wrong general. I don't even play simplerockets lel.

ANTI TRUMP IS CODE FOR ANTI WHITE

meme

Don't let the thread die friends
I'm going to bread

goodnight

You can't speedrun early access games.

*speedfriends

what game do you speedrun?

I don't speedrun games, but ksp spedrun (speedran?) my boredom.

Hello, /srg/ is already taken, please choose an alternate acroynm.

Thank you, and medievil

Whaddup serg?

sorry, i forgot to see if srg was taken before i made the thread

i'm sure you'll understand

reminder to ALWAYS ALWAYS use INGAME TIME
*pause buffers every zip*
*posts irrelevant Sonic video*
*World Record doesn't exist, if I don't have it*

I don't??

basically I fucked up like the retard i am :(

mfw serg

a

Well this is a fine howdoyoudo.

>that trailer
holy fuck the cringe

Exalt, /ssg/!

This.

>this was the scheme the whole time
Hi Maxmaps.

The history here is that Maxmaps has posted here while tripping making fun of us for creating /ssg/ while resourcegate was exploding.

By abandoning the thread during its most dire time of need, we effectively self-moderated our way out of relevance right when /kspg/ was poised to take Squad by storm and recover our resources.

/ssg/ will be shilled hard now. Buckle up.

MAN. I hoped you would go down with the kspg.

>ship design that plebian

ded

I was confused until I realized that the OP is copied almost word for word from ksp
why are they so absolutely butthurt about the game they all play anyway

the winning move when playing ksp is to not play
but that would imply that it even manages to launch

what happened to the other thread with anime clock girl :\

who comfy here

it would be extremely comfy

Bumpu

rate my landing

Any medievil rockets ?

ded

what creature theme should i build in spore, keep it as memetic as possible

oh fuck I thought we were actually dead for a minute there.

why does he have cum in his nose

Do you think that there is a purpose to human life /kspg/?

yes

it is to die

to shitpost

for the ashes of your ancestors, and the temples of your gods

fw NASA wasn't the GDQ killer

Good night, /ssg/. Maybe you will feel better tomorrow.

Where do we go when we die /kspg/?

meme heaven

meme hell

>being this mad about replying to old posts

so next time
let's name the bread /sirg/ or something
because clearly /srg/ attracts people from the actual worst general on the site

medievil

idea: let's make new breads for other generals when they hit 750, and include /kspg/ in their title so they get autosaged and flip the fuck out.

We need to give the mod a reason to want to turn off the autosage filter. The only way to negatively reinforce that is by making him worry we are causing more trouble than we are worth.

If we lull him into a sense of complacency, he will never have a reason to remove the filter.

Is the OP of this thread here? I think we'd all like to have a few words with you. You caused this. Making a new thread then was completely unnecessary and brought down the hammer.

Veeky Forums.org/feedback

kys

Good idea!

All your fault.

Thanks, Kerbalisfun. There is blood on your hands.

I didn't make the thread.
kys

So who are you, Suicide advocate? Why are you here?

No response. I wonder why that could be.

Surrender, Maxmaps, your end is here.

Hey Angry user, we're all waiting.

Why do you advocate suicide, joke about mental illness, and spend 3 years sitting on a thread?

Why?

ok MAN

*cuts dick off*
I'm so far ahead of everyone!
*birdlaughs high above it all*

You can run but you can't hide, Maxmaps.

real rockets boys

A a

So I got drunk and purchased a trackIR 5 head tracker last night.

>he bought trackir instead of going the DIY route

Meh, I would rather get something that I know works than a hacked together solution.

I was also drunk. If I had the money I'm sure I would've got a HTC Vive instead.

tbf as someone with hacked together diy trackir it works just as well as trackir

But time is most certainly money and my free time is a lot more valuable to me now so I dunno if I'd do it again

>It's not /kspg/
Thanks, schizo.

we lettin it die?

yeh

why?

A schizo ruined everything

ok MAN

Yeah, that one.

Yes, MAN ruined everything.

Chillout Max, it's time to admit that you've been beat. We all see what you're trying to do.

>Being delusional
Not even a (You)

ded

>Bumping this shit thread
Face it, it's dead.

"no"

Saged lol. Embrace the Paradigm

t. Max

MAN adds nothing.