/mmg/ Mega Man General

Dead Franchises Get Sent to the Mobile Zone
Thread No.85
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic and Manga links
Archie
en.sonicscanf.org/comics/mega-man/

Mega Man X scanlations
drneko.com/scanlation/rmseries/index.php

Novas Aventuras de Megaman in English
web.archive.org/web/20120601135528/http://opentrain.199xchan.org/?page_id=28

Translated Iwamoto Rockman X3 manga:
mediafire.com/download/izq53cce369o83f/RMX3_manga_part1.rar
mediafire.com/download/7zy077auo502lec/RMX3_manga_part2.rar

Megaman X2,X3,X4 - Iwamoto Manga Raws: digitalmegamanworld.com/Rockman-X-Manga/

Final Chapter of the Iwamoto Rockman X1 manga:
mediafire.com/download/rrs47k206pj6aol/MMX_CH13.rar

pastebin.com/iqg7uBU1
Master Paste of translated fanmade 4Komas and Short Mangas made on Pixiv. Regular updates.

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/7sYzfBS3
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
youtube.com/watch?v=57JXaCsWY4c&list=PLHZZIc85hoGogta1t8aJHDwbgOZ2pnKNb
Ruby Spears Playlist

anime.megamanonline.org/
Contains episodes from Rockman.EXE, Ryuusei No Rockman plus other stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=laiSpoBtruw
Mega Man: Upon a Star English Dub
>We have a booru now! mmg.booru.org/

Extra links! (contains archive, extra booru links,etc. Will be updated as needed or suggested.)
pastebin.com/qu9UQS6h

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UrBLkvJklN8
clyp.it/4zxzzs13
discord.gg/014ivZvg78ARkPj9x
youtube.com/watch?v=QqGrhkF0AXQ
store.na.square-enix.com/product/285066/mighty-no-9-signature-edition-ps4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck! I didn't properly number this one either! This is actually thread 86.

I really nee to get my shit together

Who's ready for the inevitable 2017 cartoon endless school runner with Aki?

Aki will never get to class on time.

youtube.com/watch?v=UrBLkvJklN8

on one hand I like the fact that you have a bunch of movement options with the air dashes and whatnot

but on the other it seems like your (only?) gun feels like a piece of shit and the puzzles/platforming seem barebones as fuck and only exist to pad out the enemy rush rooms

also what's with Inafune and combos

I'm willing to play the fuck out of it if it's got that toast DLC.

He imports them on a monthly basis.

Because he knows you like that combo-on-combo action.

I can't blame him. They're fucking delicious.

You know what would would be really cool for the 2017 cartoon? Aki's classmates KNOW he's a robot.
Rather than the whole "I have to keep my robot identity secret while saving the world" shtick, he's balancing the school life and fighting robots.

>"Aki, why didn't you do your homework?"
>"Dr Wily was blowing up the town yesterday. I didn't have time!"
>"I don't see what that has to do with you not doing your spelling exercises for four weeks in a row."

He's a fucking robot, he's got built-in spellcheckers.

I'm curious to know how big a role Inafune and Comcept playe in ReCore's development, because it looks decent for the most part.

It also makes me realize how damned wary I am of any product with Inafune's name attached to it now. Except Gunvolt, since his involvement is already pretty minimal apparently.

He can do the work. He just forgot.

In reality, elementary schoolwork should be piss easy for a robot.

GV2 news when?

Nintendo's next livestream is tomorrow at 10 AM Pacific Time, and there'll be a segment on upcoming Wii U and 3DS releases.
If any GV2 news will appear, I'd wager it to pop up there.

I can't wait for the ass blasting caused by Color Splash

that game looked worse than sticker star.

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. The areas shown on the world map seem like they're more diverse and creative than Sticker Stars', at the very least, and Shy Guys being the first mooks you encounter instead of Goombas inspires a shred of hope.

I'm not expecting the next TTYD, but it could possibly be half-decent.

TTYD was dope.

Speaking of RPGs with great plots, what would be the most realistic way to make a Battle Network 7?

Call it Megaman Star Force.

posting prototype Hope for a friend

YO
BUMPING THIS THREAD WITH DAY-CHAN!
GOOD MORNING YOU PEOPLE

Good morning, user.

I didn't like Star Force though.

Who's ready for Robot Racism?

I will become enraged if it's used as a punchline. People are somehow suppose to not know he's a robot though because of the whole secret identity trope.

I'd be very surprised if that never comes up in some form.

Actually, the "secret identity" part was never mentioned. The info just says that he's a "robot schoolboy".
Even if they do go down the secret identity route (it's the most likely and obvious one), a show that has him openly being a robot at school would be cool too.

I guess they scrapped that aspect then. That was in the original synopsis that Protodude saw.

The info was pretty vague, so we can't be certain of that.
The "secret identity" thing is so cliched but it's standard kids fare.

clyp.it/4zxzzs13
Made thing.
No idea what it is, it just sounded good to me so I saved it.

Sounds good! If you tweaked the instruments to sound stronger, it could be a Wily boss fight theme.

I also made an autismo.

AHA

Maybe Commando Man was planned to be mass produced at some point?

N-NO
YOU ARE LYING
DELETE THIS

NOOO

DELETE THIS

That would be Commando Joe.

>'man' is circled
pfft

>People genuinely think MN9 Looks better than Mega Man.

Kill me now, seriously see here's the thing. For it's time Mega Man looked pretty good, comparing a new game to an old game is dumb.

But think of it this way Mega Man looked good for it's time while MN8 LOOKS LIKE DOGSHIT FOR IT'S TIME.
It looks like a fucking PS2 game jesus! Atleast MM looked how it should have given the times. Like come the fuck on people.

>even my 8 year old cousin can tell it's a rip off
Even children know better, Comcept.

IT'S A CLONE

IT'S A CLOWN

I think that is the first stage of grieving: denial.

Who's ready for Nintendo to waste 5 minutes trying to justify making Color Splash?

I'm ready for waiting for GV2 info that might not even come in the first place.

Inti is supposedly there and Nintendo showed it in their direct so it's not unlikely

Nah m8 i'm too busy being hype for new Zelda.

It's the only way they can wash their hands of Mighty No. 9.
I also encountered the bullet glitch in the 2015 build. Inafune's employees were too fucking stupid to manage what Kirby games had been doing since Kirby 64.

I'm curious to know if the 2016 build has the same issue.

>thought Link is gonna fall into an endless pit when it turns out it's just more lands

What the fuck.

Off-Topic but if you payed attention during E3 it's an open world game.

Like so open world they literally said you could go straight to the final boss right off the bat if you were crazy or stupid enough. Granted though you probably wouldn't know what was going on.

Hope nintendo doesn't fuck it up.

I made a discord for anything megaman related since I couldn't find one anywhere.

discord.gg/014ivZvg78ARkPj9x

Bad news. Gunvolt 2 and Mother 3 is getting fucked. They've only got 4 games on their schedule. Pokemon Go, their new game, monster hunter and rhythmn heaven. Good try Nintendo. You got second place this year.

>Mother 3
People are still expecting this?

Isn't there more tomorrow?
If not, goddammit Nintendo.

Nope. This is it. My pokemon go hype has died. The level up system is fucking retarded. You have to catch hundreds of the same pokemon just to get level ups for the Pokemon you got.

If you're playing it all the time, it's incredibly easy to accumulate Pokemon.
It's been making me wish I could just fuse all my extras at this point.

Who wants to help me gather the dragon balls so we can get a good Mega Man game?

I just want a rope and a chair by now.
I want the pain to end.

Ever Oasis looks qt

There's something somber about the fact that the only solace we can get is "at least we're not (insert here) franchise"

Here's a list of games that are miraculously doing worse than Mega Man
Dark Souls
Castlevania
Banjo Kazooie
Metroid
Star Fox (Zero's sales were abysmal. 64 was a one hit wonder)
Mighty No. 9
Silent Hill
Spyro
Metal Gear Solid
Conker

The game looks cute. I don't think it looks bad, I'm willing to play it. It just doesn't look like anything special.

I don't know if Mighty No. 9 counts because it's dead on arrival

>Dark Souls
I'm genuinely curious as to why Dark Souls is doing worse than Mega Man.

In 2-4 more days we will sink further into the pit of despair with the 2017 cartoon.

Wait, why the fuck did I put Dark Souls? I meant Dark Stalkers. Sorry.

Darkstalkers can't do worse since there hasn't been a Darkstalkers to do anything in years.

That's kind of the point I think.

youtube.com/watch?v=QqGrhkF0AXQ

Jim sterling playing mighty no. 9. dont look at the video look at the comments. quite the tide turned huh? now people aren't saying it shit!

>I hope Bloodstained won't be suffering the same fate.
>Press 'F' to cry like an anime fan on prom night
>Those are the worst looking explosions I've seen rendered in fucking years. Goldeneye 64's were better.
>I immensely regret backing this game. Do you know how seeing the final product makes me feel?
>Seeing how this game turned out makes me cry.. like..... a... like.. .. hmm.. I can't seem to think of a good simile
>It looks like a unity test project

They're saying it's shit.

The problem remains.

Yeah but look at how many are saying its bland! not many supporters this time either!

The thing is, if you're a normie who has been out of the loop and has never played a Mega Man game, to them this game will just be okay. Our perception is a little bit different because we're all mostly veterans here who at least know the whole story. We know about all the broken promises and what we were hoping to get when we put our faith in Inafune. I knew this game was gonna be garbage the instant I found out they got rid of the feature they advertised in their kickstarter.

where he belongs

If you could have anyone lead a new Mega Man project, who would it be, and what would a game made by them look like?

Would a MMX game by Kojima look good? Realistically, however, I think he's way more likely to work on an Ace Attorney game. They had him on Nintendo Treehouse playing Monster Hunter not that long ago.

Why am I seeing a MN9 trailer in the Square-Enix stream?

That is weird...

store.na.square-enix.com/product/285066/mighty-no-9-signature-edition-ps4
I don't get it. Is SE in some partnership with Deep Silver for distributing the game or something?