/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Oh I know very well, how the old thread beckons so sweetly: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Retard needs help fighting Chalice Rom, anyone want to help?

I'll help; set a pass.

I'll ring the bell by the door. Pass is rom.

For some reason it won't let me ring the beckoning bell. My ps+ is still active and I'm playing online. Do you know why it wouldn't let me ring?

I'm stupid. I was too close to the fog.

Ringin!

May you find your worth in the ______ world.

2D

I'm going to USE this BLOOD ROCK on my HUNTER'S TORCH and you CAN'T STOP ME!!

Thank you user! I managed to kill her after you died.

What was that crazy weapon you were using? I've never seen a big mace looking thing like that before.

I'm at the Grand Cathedral and I can't figure out how to open this gate. I talked to the dude that wanted to cooperate and I agreed to cooperate. He told me some stuff and gave me items.

Visit Old Yharnam

You're not meant to open it yet. Explore more near the Cathedral Ward lamp and you'll find where you need to go.

There's a door near there that I cant open. The only other way out it the doorway by the mean old lady that leads to the other Hunter that I talked to already.

Keep exploring the building that the hunter you met was in, and you'll find a secret exit.

ok thanks.

Bloodletter.

Glad you managed to take her out.

somebody plz come help a filthy scrub with maria. pass is bbg

Heading over now.

You ringin' user?

yes

Lumenwood Garden, right?

luv u

EG too fuckin' gud
No problem mate

It turns out if you stake drive the One Reborn's fleshy cock, he instantly goes into his stun animation, then you can stake drive his fleshy man body to reset the stun animation

Same with Darkbeast Paarl and Amendozu, Messenger of the Four-Layer Star World

I'm really not looking forward to trying to stake drive the Orphan of Kosm though

D:

You mean you've only just +10'd it?

Is it worth investing the extra 25 STR for the saif or would I be alright with min STR? Trying to pick a weapon for a pure SKL build.

K. Its useful for those fucking slimes and scorpions if you've got no alternatives.

Don't h8 the torch.

Anybody up for co-oping through Cainhurst? If I get no bites, I'll just go it alone.

Pass: fire

How much END does it take to get above 150? With and without dem runes

where are you?

In the main hall. I'll rering again

37 Endurance with no runes. 10% rune = 5 end. 15% rune = 7 or 8 end depending on rounding. 20% rune = 10 end.

Neat

Gonna rering at the fog if you want to try again Alba. Had him down 3/4 of the way but he's got stupidly high arc res so

So despite E3 and Zelda looking cool.

I still couldn't give two shits about anything other than Bloodborne. Why is this happening to me bros?

actually I havent started Cainhurst. can you ring at elevator?

Alright, I'll make my way back down

Cheers for the help there man. Loggy has one hell of a phase 2 fight

Same, this years wasn't even funny and no games. I liked Kojimas thing and have high hopes for that even though we won' see it for years and it won't be Silent Hill. Which is all I want in life.

But I was either playing Bloodborne or thinking of BB builds all E3

Completely new to borne. Can a single weapon carry me through the game? Like the hunters axe?

It has taken me to Rom but I'm sure there must be better str weapons

Yeah it can. Probably better out there statistically, but it's up to you which moveset you like. If you like the axe so far stick with it until you find something else that catches the eye

I just want a new Red Dead Redemption or Bloodborne 2.

I hate how people use the "no more sequels bro!" but the western genre and lovecraftian settings are so pitifully underused in vidya that I simply don't understand how they could be branded as rehashes

Yeah

The hunter's axe is pretty good

Bloodborne 2 wouldn't be bad just because it's a rehash, user. Bloodborne 2 would be bad because it would be made by the people who made Dark Souls 2. Miyazaki will be working on something else no longer giving a shit, and they'll completely miss the point and fuck it all up. Then with 2 out they'll be forced to make a 3, and it'll just be a shitty attempt to copy what made the first one good whilst not actually understanding what made the first one good. Is that what you want? This glorious game to be shit upon in that way?

Pray for more Lovecraftian things if you wish. Pray for more Victorian adventures into insanity if you wish. But to ask for more Bloodborne is to pray for doom.

Why not pray for a Miyazaki developed Bloodborne 2 :^)

Because then I might as well be praying for the Plain Doll to jump out of the screen and give a handjob. It would be equally as likely.

Merge

Its pronounced 'Mergo'

Is it even worth bothering upgrading a saw weapon if I've already got the Saif maxed out? I like using the saw spear but its only advantage seems to be the serrated damage.

If you went through the game and replaced every instance of the word ''hunter'' with 'hugger'' and the word ''hunt'' with ''hug'', well I feel like bloodborne would be a very different game.

If you have the extra materials to upgrade it, there's no reason not to. Gives you an extra option to use as well.

Last Guardian, Kojima's bullshit, maybe God of War depending how they handle the premise, and potentially the new Spiderman game will be good.

And I like Days Gone's post-apoc bounty hunter premise.

I'm low on chunks at the moment and there are a few other weapons I want to upgrade as well so I guess I'll put it at the back of the line.

I don't know why From decided to make chunks so fucking hard to farm in this. Especially when they made all the weapons so unique and fun to try so you don't want to stick with just one forever.

You may as well if you are having fun with it. Upgrade materials are not longer rare with the chalice updates. If you are asking if there is a practical reason to upgrade it, then not really. Just stick to the saif, unless you are having more fun with the saw spear.

That would have been crazier before you could just farm as many rocks as you want.

Wut? I can get 6 chunks/4 chunks+ a rock in about 10 minutes.

So was she pregnant or turning into a rom spider?

As someone who has never played God of War, the new God of War thing makes, like, no sense to me. Kratos is an old dad guy now? Maybe that makes sense with his backstory or something to somebody who is familiar with the game, but to me, it makes no sense. It's like imagining Dante settling down into a family life in the countryside. I mean, Kratos is just some angry asshole who goes around killing literal gods for shits and giggles?? And now he lives in a cabin in the woods, or something. It's completely incongruous with everything else I've seen from the series.

Then entire Kratos went full genocide on the gods because the previous god of war tricked him into killing his previous wife and child. Him wanting to be a father isn't out of character.

I want to feed on saint adeline's lucious bed

Rom is a unique being. She wasn't pregnant because if she was she'd have given birth like Arianna. I'd speculate she was hearing the voices of Great Ones, following in Caryll's footsteps. She acts exactly like Adeline.

is there any enemy more sickening in this game than the bloodlickers?

The Crogs are pretty bad.

what? they don't even put up a fight

I thought you meant visually sickening. The Fleas are a non-issue gameplay-wise; you can just stun-lock them to death.

The only enemy in the game that is legit bullshit are the Frenzy dolls. Yes, I can easily beat them too, but no enemy should be able to damage without touching you. It goes against the whole tough but fair thing that souls games were built around. Even the Jailers in DaS3 are less bullshit.

What farming method do you use?

Make the a chalice with this glyph: ptwrx6tb

Rush to the levers then rush to the boss rooms. Do all 3 layers that way. All three layers combined take around 10 minutes total. All three bosses are easy (Brainsucker, Watchers, Emissary by itselt), and the Emissary has a chance to drop a rock. I usually get my first rock in around 2 to 4 runs then a few of them back to back.

Obviously, you want to use a few eye runes too, but every boss kill ends up giving me 1 or 2 chunks.

>killing arianna's baby thing kills her too
y tho

anyone up for helping me in isz?

So you get her shoes.

So Henryk was Gascoigne's wife's father?

maybe

Maybe, but also maybe not on account of them being different colours and all.

can someone please post the "optimal bloodtinge" build again? the one thats able to use most of the BT weapons

14/15 str/skl minimum, or pic related for maximum fun

You mean Luci's build?

Please no

50/15/14/15/50/6 BL 100.

117 vwersion

thanks

>build allowing you to wield multiple weapons
>optimal
no u little shit

Why are the two hunters in the Nightmare Frontier?

I don't know but maybe since it's a sinister bell area it's meant as a sort of pseudo-invasion for people who are in offline mode? It's been a while since I did that area I can't remember too well

The enemy variety in the Isz dungeons really shows how bottom-heavy this game is. There really should have been less focus on beasts and more on the cosmic shit that happens after Rom, or at least some more Kin enemies instead of just ayy lmaos and brainsuckers.

They fell for Patches' bullshit.

Don't mind me, trying something new

Rolling

Where is the DLC version of this? I know there's one floating about somewhere

Been trying to find it too, but it has not showed up

>Milquetoast
>Reiterpallasch
>Ludwig's Rifle
>Poison/Throwing Knives
>Bone Marrow Ash
>Fool's Blood Gem
> >10 insight
>Hunter of Hunters

Is it worth trying to use the Steak Driver on an ARC build?
I feel like it could be fun but i'm a bit worried about having to invest in 18 STR.

So if I make an Isz Root Chalice with all the offerings that unlocks every possible glyph right?

It will, but you need to also have found (not made, just found) Ihyll and Lower Loran root chalices if you want to go to those areas as well.

Ah so I still need to kill the queen to unlock everything then?

if you get to 12 skill you can also use the whirligig or get to 20str and use the tricked wheel

No, you only have to kill hblb in layer 2 for Ihyll, but Darkbeast in Layer 3 Lower Loran. Queen can be ignored but most finish her anyway.

It's a themed build that's mostly going to use the Driver.
I've had enough of Whirly on my STR build for now.
Also, are Molotovs worth re-stocking and using at 70 ARC or should I just stick to EG spam like usual?

molotovs are shit past the cleric beast, don't bother

Even though they scale with ARC?

There are no bad weapons in Bloodborne, anything can get you through the entire game.

Miyazaki was involved with DaS3 and look how that turned out. Pretending that Miyazaki is the sole difference between a great Souls game and a good Souls game is just delusional.

Throwing knives scale with skill/str too, the scaling is terrible on items