pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>Discord
discord.gg/0yVGNrQ0hh3Fea6U

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=80DtQD5BQ_A
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/10502
ss13.moe/media/?playlist=emagged&type=html
ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2591&start=20
pastebin.com/pj5XSfL4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>still putting the .exe install tutorial in the OP

why

unban 2hotdogs
youtube.com/watch?v=80DtQD5BQ_A

do you guys hate me?
t. nick

>Tomb Kings still not announced

yes
didn't even hover over the spoiler

NICK IS MY HUSUBANDO

I WANT TO PUT HIS THICK THROBBING SHARD BETWEEN MY BOOBS

you don't even have boobs, you dweeb

who's nick?

kill yourself

ImThem

im them

nice meme ImThem

>this retarded brown-nosing instead of an thread recap
>discord metadata
Shit thread to be honest.

>still haven't changed map renders link

Fucking bitches.

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/10502
Y/N

Is paramedic a decent job to start with if I've never done anything in medical?

If you have build mode and the sandbox commands it's not bad. If you don't, forget unless you have like 12 metabuddies.

Mommi's not having RCD's is like 5,000 mecha hitlers though.

It's basically "find people who are dead and drag them to medbay"

No. Paramedic is super field doctor. Just read the doctor, cloning, treatment, surgical, chemistry guides and do your best. Ask for help and people who need hands or you to open doors will generally fill the gaps

When is the next purge day to nab the pure again?

N. I hate change in NON-ATOMIC PR's

>japanese style courtroom
y tho
I know why but ur still a faget

rev up those ban requests

What song is
ni l'lo friWEredsrGddn - BF9CB2EAE7DC8D03AD070524BA8FAE13
???

>roll antag miner
>plan on bombaring the station from space and causing chaos
>have to leave the game because of IRL stuff i forgot about
meh, how do i become a better nurse

google the song name

The Offering Inferno-World's End Girlfriend

Here, ss13.moe/media/?playlist=emagged&type=html

>ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2591&start=20

How the fuck are all the admins so bad at explaining how bad this guy fucked up?

>read from wiki you can't murder an assistant for breaking a window on NT default
>interprets that as window breaking being irrelevant to law 1 (what the fuck?)
>uses this to justify plasmaflooding (on orders) saying that it only broke windows which are irrelevant

This isn't just a massive lack of reading comprehension (which if he had, he should not be playing silicons in the first place). I'm finding it really hard to believe this isn't some willful misinterpretation to justify plasmaflooding. That shit is not on, and he only got a dayban. Only got a dayban even after his appeal shows he's unrepentant, doesn't understand silicon, and thinks plasmaflooding as a core module borg is EVER ok.

This makes me angry.

Someone should add another statement after the assistant thingy on the wiki saying "THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN BREAK WINDOWS AS AN NT DEFAULT BORG YOU MOUTHBREATHER". It should be obvious,but it seems we have players that are either dub, or willing to try and bend the rules to do whatever they want.

Know how to head swap and defib ling husks

THanks

Well then Mr. Totally A Competent Coder, I'll just add more instances to the map

You do realize that not only admins and the banned can dispute a ban, right?

Why don't you make an account, sign in, and mention that in the fucking ban appeal thread?

Or are you just scared of attaching your ckey to an anonymous post with legit criticism?

Don't say it's laziness, because you sure are spending a lot of time and effort frothing at the mouth in the general as an angry bystander.

Go to bed Ghlor
>insert metassistant image here

No. Start as Roboticist since you have morgue access and some surgical tools. Building borgs/robots is the same basic thing as performing surgery. Once you have surgery down, i.e. you know what all the tools do and when to use them, you can start learning medical.

Here's how things go:
Surgery is piss easy and the least important part of the job. Don't go into a round expecting to be a surgeon, because it will almost never happen.
Chemistry is piss easy and the single most important part of the job. I'm not joking. I have made and had ban requests approved on shitty chemists who do things like spill the cryo mix or fail to have it made by 20min because they're fucking around with space drugs, lube, or grenades. Your entire job is to have cryo up with the most effective mix possible, and to have the fridge stocked with useful pills 24/7. You are not a person, you are a machine. If you want to RP, play something else. If you've ever worked grocery, you are the guy who spends 8 hour days stocking shelves.
Medicine, i.e. directly administering aid to patients, is the hardest part of the job. You need to know what medicine does what, when that medicine will and will not work, when a body should be sleepered, cryo'd, or cloned, etc. This is the part of the job you learn last.
Genetics you need to know the barebones of. How to make a monkeyman and a new body for a brainswap is an essential backup for cloning.
Virology is unimportant.
Paramedic is for MDs bored of the confined nature of their job

Go Roboticist, to Chemist, to Geneticist, to MD. Yes, I said Chemist is the hardest part of the job. Have note cards in front of you on what fixes what across the four main damage types, and have a few extra notes on what to use for radiation or other special cases.

Now, here are the basic things that are overlooked by shitters
>all basic medicines heal 5hp/1u. Make 10u pills
>50u Iron is 15% blood. If he has under 50% blood, clone him
>surgery does not save lives

start as chemist and read the guide
crtl+f whatever special damage or ability the person needs if it's not a common pill used
as a chemist you'll have days where you have to play doctor and learn about damage types by making the right medicine
ask R&D for an upgraded syringe gun AFTER you finish doing your job

OBJECTION!
The view range is seven tiles, the distance between lawyer and prosecutor is eight. They would be unable to see eachother!

they wouldn't be standing on each end of the room

Start as a medical cyborg and get used to dealing with patients without having to worry if you have the right tools - you'll have all of them. You'll be able to practise identifying problems, setting up a triage and treating people without being lost of what you need/where tools are. If you're having trouble you can ask for assistance without attaching yourself to a static name and people will assume you need help because 'no hands' and not give you any shit or tell you to space yourself.

Don't listen to the other memers, they came up with their 'plans' for you in the last ten minutes on their self inflated egos, you'll just run into more walls than you'll be able to solve when it comes to saving a life. There's nothing to learn sitting behind a desk watching other people take your pills without knowing why because you're at a medical desk - they just want to abuse your new eagerness to do the unfufilling boring work so they can spend more time trying to flirt with the nurses and doing the 'fun' things like surgery.

no wait they actually would, jesus christ

TOTALLY INTENDED(TM)

But seriously, that's the best it's going to get with the new design

[Presents courtroom.png]
Clearly this was his intention from the way the chairs were positioned!

Oh, and real talk: save whatever info you see in the thread into a text file. I'll drop a highlight or two I've picked up from the thread.

pastebin.com/pj5XSfL4

Also, and this is massive there are plenty of ex-medbay regulars in ghost chat who don't play the game anymore because they got sick of retard coworkers. They sit in ghost chat so they can shit talk the idiots playing. They know things. Listen to them a few rounds. Write it down. Ask them for help if it's something beyond what even the wiki says.

Also, color code your pills. Color them around existing pills, followed by damage type healed, followed by what makes sense (like Iron being the grey pills).

how's this game?
i haven't pirated it yet but i liked the demo

Considerations for a good cryomix:
- MUST be idiot-proof:
Don't underestimate this. Newbie doctors will use it as a cure-all, non-doctors will literally break into Medbay and start stuffing eachother into Cryo. It HAS to fix nearly everything. If not for your sanity and well being, then for everyone else's naivety.
- MUST heal Clone damage:
Simply having Clonexadone as well as Cryoxadone in equal amounts is already optimal. Don't have an uneven ratio.
- MUST have Alkysine:
No-brainer. 8 units in a Cryomix (4u in a pill) is enough to fully heal in one cycle the most brain damage that a speedcloned person can come out of the Cloner with.
- Could use Ryetalyn:
This one is optional. It will cure clone defects, however if there actually is a Genetist and he actually does distribute powers (haha) (as if), then it will also clear people's powers. Be wary that while 1 unit of Ryetalyn works in a pill, 1u in a cryomix it will stop working when about 70% of the cryomix is used up, since the dosage that the patient gets will dip too low for the game to register it. I personally use 5 units for conveniency and to avoid arguments with the rest of Medical.
- Should have Anti-Tox:
Anti-tox is great not because it heals toxin damage, but because it directly removes most poisons from the patient's bloodstream. This is very, very important for toxloss patients that actually need cryo to be stabilized, since it means whatever was giving them toxin damage will STOP giving them toxin damage (which also saves their liver).

Never played it myself, I just went through all the games I could emulate when I was still playing attorney online

>pirating 3DS games
how

- Should have Arithrazine:
For the same reason as above, often the people that come in with assloads of toxin damage and rising are people who have tons of radiation. If it's not gonna be you, then it's gonna be your dumbass coworker that immediately sees the BIG GREEN NUMBERS and runs to stuff them into Cryo, which is why it's important that Cryo will actually fix them in this case. You will get Arith as a byproduct from Ryetalyn anyways, so no excuse. The 3u pills I usually make are more than enough for cryo to fully de-tox someone that sunbathed in a radstorm in one cycle.
- Should have a decent amount of Dexalin Plus:
No, one unit is not a decent amount. You need enough Dex+ so that a blood loss victim that gets shoved into the tube won't immediately start taking oxyloss again. Otherwise, they will enter the "blood loss limbo", where they continually take oxyloss and dumbasses don't eject them from cryo because they're waiting for the 100% health that will never come. Besides, Dex+ is massively useful in general, and remember that it will continue to work AFTER the patient is ejected from Cryo. Personally I like to dunk-n-eject blood loss patients to save on Dex+ pills.
- Does not need Bicaridine, KeloDerm, Tricord etc:
You need to understand that Brute and Burn damage are by definition already stabilized. Unlike blood loss, radiation etc, they won't get worse over time. It's silly and disruptive to carefully dosage your Cryomix to max burnloss heal rate, put someone in Cryo over burn damage, and then babysit the tube to eject them when at 100% health... when you could just give them a pill and immediately MOVE ON. They're fine. Besides, even if you account for making your mix idiot-proof, Cryoxadone and Clonexadone combined already do a splendid work at healing burn and brute damage. Wasting beaker space by adding Bicard only nets about a 25% increase in healing rate (which nobody really needs).

it's been like that since the beginning of the year but now it's probably harder or easier. check /hbg/

Hi, I wrote this
You can ignore the bit about Arithrazine, just plain ol' Antitox works fine. But Arith is still an improvement if you feel like it.

Dex+ is completely useless in cryo. cyrox and clonex alone will mitigate the oxyloss enough, and they're still going to die when they come out, it's just a waste of space.

is it possible to gas the whole station with chloral using atmos?

>cyrox and clonex alone will mitigate the oxyloss enough
They do not
I have personally seen the oxyloss limbo happen
I have thought about this long and hard, Dex+ is the best use for cryomix filler. If you're struggling for beaker space, you're probably stuffing keloderma and shit in it, to which I will tell you not to

anything is possible if you set your mind to it, griefer-san.

No you can't put chems in the atmosphere

Thanks for all the advice, guys

Does that trick with sodium and water or whatever to clear out a patient's system still work since the body counts as a container?

and I will ignore that, because they're still going to come out and start dying all over again. Put tricord and dd in, because it adds extra all-healing to the cryo and clonex, don't put arithrazine in it, because you'll be building brute damage on them slowly, which will make it take longer for them to heal. You want a cryomix which will heal people as fast as possible, and if people are going in with bloodloss then that's on you for being retarded. And in most cases, you should not be using cryo unless they're a clonejob, because the sleepers don't cost anything and carrying around pills of anti-toxin isn't a hard thing to do.

Yes

Yes but it's not necessary 95% of the time and it's bad practice because it'll get patched someday. Just use charcoal, charcoal works PERFECTLY FINE

>>MUST be idiot-proof
>noone else wants to make a cryomix
>mfw i just put in the starting beakers because tubes are for scrubs anyway

MD's don't have a reagent scanner

so I was looking at the vending machine sprites so I could figure out how many models I'd have to make for my map

and I found this

the red-outlined pixels are transparent in all the coffee machine sprites except the "broken" and "off" sprites

just checked across a couple codebases

and it's the same in all of them

caught me by surprise, at least

SUPERMAN

>Teleporter hand tele gone
>Caps gone
>Nobody owning up
>Ask AI for the CE's locker so I can make teleporter platforms in z-3/z-6 with the blueprints
>AI chokes on the foyer door out
>tfw
>Charles Vauban [Common] (Bartender) says, "Guys i think Claudia Hoopengarner is a syndicate operator"
>Charles Vauban [Common] (Bartender) says, "She's standing just outside of enginnering with CE's locker"
Dark times sphessmen.

>emag my way into the captain's office
>emag the comms console
>go to set the message for the station
>line 1: CUTE
>line 2: VOX
>just before i hit set, tazed, cuffed, and executed
fuck

UNGA BUNGA ROCKSTOP

Jesus fucking christ I'll be bluntly honest here. I'm so fucking tired of arguing about the same tired, misinformed shit every single time chemistry or cryomixes or anything medbay is brought up in the thread.
I'm going to explain this once and then I'm fucking off to sleep because I've had this exact same argument dozens of times and it's just not worth your time to have it in the first place.
>muh arith brute
It literally heals on it's own in one life tick with no medication. It has literally no measurable effect. Some people still think arith gives organ damage, if you are one of those people, slap yourself in the face for me, thanks.
>tricord in the mix
Get out
Just go
Leave
>DD in the mix
Better now that it doesn't need 20 times the dosage, but please read what I wrote about bicaridine or keloderm in the mix
>sleepers
Don't work on people who are in crit. Guess which kind of people Cryo is best used on?
>You want a cryomix which will heal people as fast as possible
Hey, didn't you just say you should only use cryo for clones?
Read what I said about bicaridine or keloderm in the mix.
>n-no it's on you for being retarded
Read what I said about making it idiot-proof.

Clown got btfo

>get paramed traitor
>get HoS suit and escape
>switch to sec instantly
>get loyalty implanted so decide to be a good boy and not kill HoS for his suit
>do my job
>get tabled by a nun while talking to chef
>mfw
>arrest her
>put in solitary while pepperspraying, punching, and tasing
>lethal injection while no one is looking
>execute clown with firing squad for bombing and lubing sec
>find out chemist gave clown lube grenades
>mfw
>arrest, demote, strip, put in locker, throw in space
>go back to doing my job
>two golems ask if they can join sec, they go to HoP
>he announces that they attacked him and he killed them
>mfw
>parapen HoP, drag him into maint, C4 body
Good fucking round
traiting as a sec officer is fantastic, no one questions it as I brutalize them and take off their headset

Not really needed either, though I admit I used to play chemist so this wasn't a problem for me
Grab the Geneticist headset from Genetics and use it to pester Science 24/7 about those fucking surgery tools they will NEVER DELIVER, get that spectrometer
Bye I'm fucking off to sleep

>greytide
>emags
>ebows
>maint corpses
>BSOD APCs
>cult tomes
>vox raider
>mommi autism
>exploding clowns
>welded maint sections
>singuloth
sec was so thoroughly memed on I was honestly expecting it to be
>extended

> the hop kills the golems
> you kill the hop
thanks senpai

>Having antag enabled

Jeez it's like I'm sharing a game with a bunch of psychopaths

Syringes are a pain

i swiped an emag from the brig floor and emagged a bunch of APCs, as well as emagging the library computer to order a backpack full of cult tomes

i wasn't an antag, just a false flag

I was having really awful features. Sorry about that.

>not having antag enabled
What are you, an autistic NPC?

no problemo family, golems are good boys

antag is boring as fuck

it's either stealth your objectives then be an NPC for the rest of the round
try a gimmick and get validsaladed becaause lmao validz is funz
or just go murderbone and ruin everyone's else round whilst not having fun unless you're that kind of autist

being an antag on fucking bay is more fun than being an antag here

muh valids

On bay people will actually play along with your gimmicks

Nah, Antag is great. Just be an absolute madman and push the limits of believability.

I hope you like catbeast OC detectives with five paragraph long backstories.

>m-muh bay boogieman
>m-muh bay ibs sbedial snowblake shidd

Fuck off
Heavy RP serbs > 'light' RP serbs when it comes to antaggery

MED RP WEEK WHEN

>singuloose
>blow holes in the station
>kill a load of people
>still no shuttle call
>out of bullets for revolver, almost out of charge for eguns
>decide to detour into bridge to call shuttle before recharging guns
>get caught by 2 sec officers
>unable to fight back due to low charge
>die
>mfw
I guess this is what I get for trying to be a good guy! At least I died a hero.

>get leg blown off in violent explosion
>get thrown into paramedic cryo with hardsuit on
>proceed to crawl out and bleed out again after vitals get green
>someone manages to see me almost die and breaks into paramedic station
>put into cryo with hardsuit again
>get taken out a minute later
>nitrogen tank taken off along with the hardsuit, and shoved back inside
>they never come back
RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>it's a kurt promotes himself at roudnstart to get unrobust greentext episode

>first time trying botany
>everything goes to shit
why must you do this

gud time 4 botany

bet you didn't even no that

Gottem!

Singuloose is extremely fucking boring. Please stop it. It's a waste of a round.

Its 3 am and i wanted a quick round of messing shit up before bed
It didnt even do anything, it immediately fucked off into space

It still helped end the round at just over a half hour. There's no fucking point except for the other antags and sec at that point.

>didn't even do anything
hence why it's fucking boring

70% of the time it just fucks off into space, and leaves a retarded crew with no energy source for the next 30 minutes before someone breaks into the bridge and calls shuttle

at least in donut station it was guaranteed to hit something, but in boxstation it just fucks off wherever most of the time

I know it ended the round quickly, thats what I wanted

Its not the singulo that caused the round to end, it was the welder fuel tanks i blew up in cargo, medbay, genetics, robotics, science, the hall, etc.
There's like 5 sources of power, people barely even use the singulo.

>people barely even use the singulo.
More like people only know how to use the singulo.

All I know is that half the time there's singuloose the power grid just shuts the fuck down do to incompetence

I kno how sensitiv ur chef hands r lmao