/edg/ Elite Dads General

Time to die edition

I've seen things you dads wouldn't believe.
Crime sweeps on fire off the shoulder of Ngorowai.
I watched plasma accelerators glitter in the dark near the Hutton Orbital.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

previous tomb
Calling all /edg/elords report to your designated tomb before this thread dies
Braben protects

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/265277-Serverside-update-and-upcoming-point-update
youtube.com/watch?v=HamHFVeAVe0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sad bump

You fuckers let it die last time. We were doing so great, already 300 posts!

even the forum granddad is complaining about the current state of the game

i can feel the last vestige of hope being drained from my soul

All the fucking effort on OP image and you fags let the thread die while I was sleeping. Good job

well I was sleeping too

if this one dies before reaching 200, dont make new one

The evolution of E:D compared to the development of EVE Online shows how stark can be the contrast between a game that haves 13 years on its back and a game that's just on its second year.

E:D is already going to places forever banned from EVE, like multiple pilots in a ship... and all EVE has got to offer it's stuff barely relevant nor interesting to "the 85%".

Who is the forum granddad?
Also, this could mean that ftroop actually tries to make some changes in the game!
That is wishful thinking, obviously.

IFF we manage to live long enough should we have a poll in the next OP on what timezones people are from so we know when to shitpost the most to keep the thread alive during downtime?

E:D is worse than space mmo game in android

I can't be bothered to search any of the Frontier related forums. Anything get announced at E3?

So, what is the most prestigious ship to fly in according to /edg/?

Also, why the fuck aren't you guys doing biowaste long range hauling in Sothis/Ceos? That shit plays 30-40t a run with about 300t cargo space in a D-rated tradeconda. No interdictions. This shit is the next Robigo until Ftroop nerfs it.

What level of friendship do you have to be at? Cordial, or higher?

Other than the new midlevel Thrustmaster Hotas partnership, nope.
I keep looking for them, will report here.

Depends on the circles you are in.
Some people consider the Corvette and Cutter to be the apex of grindtolerance and dedication to the game. But go-to ship here is naturally the Orca. The slim hull, the massive mass and formidable speed make it the absolute top in dadbothering.

How much profit are we talking about? Is it better than afk-turreting merits for the next 4 weeks?

I think he meant 30-40 million per run, and a run takes around 20-30 minutes each so 60mil-ish per hour average

Oh. That definitely sparks my interest. I need my Elite trade rank.

Thanks user.

Also some user's have been saying that the devs are going on a holiday after E3, so hopefully we can enjoy a week+ of doing it.

I was disappointed that Frontier were sponsor at the shitty PC Gamer show but nothing was said about E3. Dawn of War 3 also disappointed me, looks like a mobile game and looks like it plays like one too.

ANOTHER holiday? You've got to be kidding me

Kind of a good thing user, they're not going to patch shit we like, aka Sothis, and lets face it they're not going to add anything new or wondrous let alone patch something that needs patching.

Cordial, but Friendly is required.
This is easily reached. Just buy a Cobra at the station and do a shit ton of Data haulage missions, you'll reach friendly with all factions in no-time. Just haul data from ceos to sothis and back again.

He is correct 30-40 million profit in less than an hour. Most missions are dropped off at the same station, so you need to make less stops than Robigo. Count that in with NO interdictions and it takes even less time. It's not smuggling either so scans won't cause you to fail missions.

It requires a low-budget ship with preferrably 300t cargo cap and a decent jump range. A D-rated conda with A-rated FSD is ideal, but other and smaller ships will work as well.

Go to Ceos/Sothis, haul data for the factions until you're friendly, and then stack missions requiring you to haul biowaste for 3-6m per 50 tonnes of cargo.

It's less effort than Robigo. Do it while it lasts.

How much money is enough money?

Taking the possibility that ED will get bigger more expensive ships in future in to account

10b will last you a year if the game still alive

This needs to be a meme

i-is that the face of vision?

YES

Does it not work if you're allied? I just keep getting this crap.

Relog and go from Newholm to that Ceos station.

If after that still nothing, Ftroop has nerfed it, which is odd. I did two runs stacked with fat missions yesterday.

Never bothered with powerplay I don't know all mechanics.
So now I have this many merits and I wanted to go out exploring, which might take a fuking while since I plan to play only few hours a day. And these neet payouts supposed to last me weeks. Does anyone know if I don't collect money will thaey carry over in to next week and stack on each other?

That did the trick, thanks user. Getting a bit unlucky though, getting lots of 100+ cargo for 5 mil.

enjoy your 50% decay

50% decay mean it will last for 3 weeks

>E:D is already going to places forever banned from EVE, like multiple pilots in a ship

I'm not holding my breath. With how FD has handled Elite's "evolution," there's nothing to say that it won't be another terrible tacked on update that only allows you to control one single turret on a friend's ship. It will be alright if you have a friend at best and horribly bugged and gamebreaking at worst. I have no idea why you even decided to bring that feature up in the first place. EVE would never have multipilot ships because it just wouldn't work with how the game is designed. I can argue that it wouldn't work with Elite either, atleast it wouldn't be enough to call it a full on major feature.

There's no problem with E:D and EVE doing things differently. They're two completely different games and I hate comparing them just from how different they are. Elite has an absolute awful design history, and that severely hinders my enjoyment of the game.

Have patience, user. Finding the right missions takes a fair chunk of time. But it pays out.

We seem to live, for now.

I can count. What I'm asking is that if I can collect money months later or will they disappear.
Whatever it's not worth asking anything here unless it's meme related. I'll get more honest and better answer from dads if I make up a story. They work really hard for that rep

This game is a fucking joke.

Get 80k and defect to the Asian guy with 200% exploration profits. Then turn in minor exploration data and WEW LAD exploration Elite.

You can collect it later at least if you stay pledged.

You're a fucking genius my man

>>>forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/265277-Serverside-update-and-upcoming-point-update

top kek

Don't you need at least a good grind level with LYR for those profits?

You need 161,000,000 profits from exploring in order to become Elite.

>I’d personally just like to thank the development team. They’ve worked incredibly hard over the recent week’s and are always looking at and reviewing the feedback from the community. There will be an additional point update coming which will also include a number of feedback, fixes and changes and we’ll have some more news on that soon.
L U L

Just think of me when jerking off to blue haired bitch

You keep 50% of your merit when you defect. That would leave you with 40k and enough time to do exploring for a couple of weeks before turning in the data.

Just to confirm.
If you get 70k for scanning neuron stars that means if I have detailed scanner it will give me 140k and with 200% payout bonus I'll get 280k?

tfw 0 merits

Technically yes, except surface scanner only grants 30% increase in payout. So 70k x 1.3 = 91k * 2 = 182k. Still, reasonably higher profit.

See Infinite merit.
Also a good tip for afk turreting: 32-bit mode, lowest graphical settings and running in a stamp sized window. Won't crash or require system resources if doing something on the side.

The salary will stay forever if I remembered correctly

So essentially I can just leave it be and come back in 4 weeks for a massive 200mil salary? Sweet.

No it won't, don't spread disinfo

Our development team worked so hard so we can change 4 integer values in the game

amazing frontier

>Because of our incompetence and total negligence of common sense and rational software development practises our codebase is a Frankenstein monster that lives without us actually knowing how and why. Changing anything is a serious feat and uphill struggle.
>Sincerely Ftroop - Quality game design guaranteed

Also, it's something taken that they've been on a three week holiday prior.

I don't know what's worse, that it took them this long to adjust those numbers, or that there are people in that thread kissing the CM's ass.

game companies should avoid programmers who worked at frontier before

to think I once considered to apply for a programmer position

Programmer is a disposable being in a company

Literally a bandaid fix. As if it still won't be a problem when people hit the 1,000 materials limit.

This doesn't change the fact that you have to play RNG roulette to get some materials. This doesn't change that you have to drive on boring planet landscapes for hours to hopefully find what you're looking for. This doesn't change the fact that hauling rares for an engineer requirement is fucking stupid and whoever thought of it needs to be fired.

It legitimately makes me mad that they still can make money off of so many retards that buy this shit.

At Frontier?
I would never, ever work for a game company. Even a smaller one. I love games sure and occasionally even work on my own project that nobody will ever see because it is my hobby. But knowing the conditions that game programmers have to endure, I rather take the ones of a regular software company.

We've been through this a thousand times and seen that happen so much that I've become so jaded that I don't even care.

I wouldn't go that far based on my experience working for software companies. Currently in a fairly small employeewise but rather significant otherwise and we have a lot of freedom and trust based on us. And the senior guys here are pretty irreplaceable.

if you are developing utility stuff or new features yes

but if you are part of the team who designed the core components not very logical. firing a guy like that would like throwing the chief engineer of a ship out of the window during a storm. Well considering the amateur actions of the fdev they might have done that. because they have a custom engine that runs the elite

I work at a small regular company
its shit. and it would be worse if it was a big company
enjoy working on databases and retarded features that customers ask and change every fucking week

If you can start your won company

Quick someone I need to know exact mount of hours left until the cycle reset. I can't in to time zones

A bit over 17 hours.

So, would an A-rated Vulture with dual fixed C3 Multi's be viable? I fucking love C3 en C4 multicannons.

Not really. Not discounting that it wouldn't be fun, it's just not efficient enough in taking down NPCs with ten million shield cells.

Vultures aren't good enough anymore really.

Still viable in High RES

I've realised surface base missions is the closest this game has to fun and engaging gameplay. You have to scout the base out, find the terminal/generator controlling the gate/shield for large bases, get to the objective and then destroy/scan it and then fight your way out. On a high security base its even more interesting.

Yet they put no resources into making the actual mechanics fun of how it works good, the SRV is awful, you can't fight off Goliaths, turrets respawn far too quick, most data towers do nothing and the security ships can't be fought off.

Horizons should have been entirely focused on making the surface game great.

The enemy defences respawn way too quickly and high security bases are required to be done with a friend. But that could be cool if I had friends who actually bought into this piece of fucking shit.

I agree. The surface has potential. Imagine if we had different kinds of deployable vehicles. Others for exploration and discovering new materials and other dedicated combat vehicles and SPEEESS TUNGUSKAS for dakka dakka. But no. Fucking never.

Its a shame, if Fdev could stay focused on making things actually good instead of throwing half finished features in this this game could be great. I'm actually enjoying the surface assault missions but all the half baked features kind of ruin it, there are a total of 2 data tower types that do anything outside of completing missions and its the same with generators.

It really feels half baked, if they gave us more ground vehicle types and gave the data towers purpose it would be great and if they kept adding things to do like an actual purpose for settlements it could be incredible.

Oh well. Maybe some day in the future we will have something awesome. If not in this game, maybe someone else will do it properly.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/265277-Serverside-update-and-upcoming-point-update

This wouldn't be as much of a problem if there were some way to communicate with people in game other than going to a faction HQ and hoping you get put in an instance with someone else. (read: never)

I have a friend with horizions, we found the instancing on planets to be even worse than in space.

>tfw you will never drop a baneblade from your conda

>>tfw you will never drop a baneblade from your conda
ME1 style orbital vehicle drops would be neat and far more fun than the current "find the one flat patch of ground with no rocks" we currently have

This ship with this paintjob makes me cream my undies a little..

Too bad it's hidden behind a fucking grindwall..

Imagine what that is going to be like on atmospheric worlds and earth-like planets. Mr VISION wants there to be all sorts of shit on the ground when we land there, trees, wildlife, the list goes on.

>tfw Frontier could've made gaining fed rank and iRank fun and engaging
>tfw they simply made it about grinding missions

I can't wait till 2030!

I'll honestly not be surprised if that never happens. After the shitshow that was Horizons, my expectations are low. Very low. I hope they can change that in the coming content patches, but I doubt it.

There just seems to be a real lack of effort on Frontiers part, maybe the oversold it but I'm pretty disappointed at this point.

Still playing/grinding Sothis though, not even sure why at this point, I care more than I should I suppose.

there are no paints for the corvette

Nice color scheme. Mind sharing it?

We will have a really good idea by the next "expansion" of Horizons hits, since I have no idea how you can fuck up a character creator. The key here is to see what toys they take away when they add the next new shiny thing nobody gives a shit about.

Here you go, user.

If they manage to maintain funding for the planned 10 years I can see us having some form of atmospheric landing

>coming content patches

>launch fighters
Will be shitty Condors that pop with 2 pulse laser shots. Will take a module that will halve your jump range.

>passenger missions
Glorified cargo hauling missions. The people who are actually waiting for these as if they will be the savior of Elite are the most cancerous dads

>multicrew
Will be able to get friends to take control of a turret on your ship. That's really it. I have no idea how they plan for this to work with how god awful instancing is.

And then there's another update at the end of the year that Ftroop hasn't revealed anything about, so it will be a surprise. Rest assured it will probably be shit.

If you look at the past content updates for Elite, there is no reason to be excited or look forward to them. Elite is a lot more enjoyable if you just forget about Horizons and how hard Frontier is murdering this game.

Passenger transport is essential as they should've been in the game at fucking launch.

Also since when were passengers planned as part of Horizons?

Newsletter 110

"Coming Summer 2016
Take what comes and strike back with double. Bring a second ship to every combat encounter with Ship-Launched Fighters and defend your passengers against the deadliest threats in the galaxy."

It's an entire feature.

Finally.

They're not going to be some massive game changing feature but they should've been in the game at launch

Won#'t they literally just be 'cargo'? You'll just go to a mission board hit the button and it'll be the same as if they were fucking biowaste or gold.

>implying FD won't drop the ball completely and release bugged passenger missions that give you 50 million for a 15 jump trip

The best part of Ftroop updates is all the bugs and exploits that come with them and seeing dads rage on the forums about muh evil gamers ruining the game with Ftroop's incompetent bug testing.

>64k merits
>not enough time to get 80k before cycle
>going to have only two weeks to get 140m scan data
These are going to be fun two weeks..

In the earlier dev diaries they said they'd require passenger modules and if it took damage it would start killing the passengers. Passengers is important because of what it sets up for, it allows the originally planned Imperial Slave/Slave difference of Imperial slaves requiring passenger space, it gives service and tourism economies a purpose, it gives the Orca and maybe the dropship a purpose and it puts the mechanics in place for things like dropping off troops for surface assaults. Carrying Passengers will hopefully play quite differently to hauling Cargo due to the risks.

But initially yes, it will be similar to cargo hauling except in a more vulnerable module but its the foundation for a lot.

Still 14 hours left

I can hardly believe that FD has that much foresight and that their spaghetti code can even keep up with all this stuff being stacked on top of it.

What was PowerPlay the foundation for?

Not everything is the foundation for something else but Passenger hauling is. Its all in the dev diaries and making Passengers just another Cargo cannister would rape the established lore.

>The first change coming in the server updated will be local news articles at the Engineers bases to help direct players to locations where they will be able to source the materials they need
Not bad
> In addition we will be increasing the amount of materials you can hold from 600 to 1,000. We will also be increasing the amount of Data you can hold from 200 to 500 units.
changes nothing. I got to old limits within days. the need to complacently redo this shit. like limit for each material type separately

FD has no problem raping established lore, user.

They just declared everything pre ED of questionable canonicity and ED a reboot, FD are consistent with ED introduced lore.

Good job proving me right.

Is it possible to know if Lavigny Duval is going to expand next cycle?

We're taking this to the next level lads
youtube.com/watch?v=HamHFVeAVe0

FOR FREE