/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Free games: pastebin.com/cE8EmydS
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/272362-gd-mega-fire-emblem-fates-special-edition-usa-eur-undub-swimsuit-marriage.html
mtheall.com/~mtheall/ftpd.cia
pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
jii.moe/NJBXz9-2x.zip
github.com/Plailect/PlaiCDN/blob/master/PlaiCDN.py#L608
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=790059
wololo.net/2016/06/15/3ds-downgrading-10-x9-x-9-2-using-homebrew/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ZTD when

not the guy you are replying to buy why do you have to encrypt it? i downloaded it using funkeycia and it works fine

i don't know how ciangel and funkey cia work though

the game is in fucking korean, i don't understand shit

i've just been running around the map, sometimes things happen. but it's generally a good idea to keep moving since the enemies infinitely respawn

Download the key then. And update Luma using either Luma 3DS Updater or Star Updater.

when you finish smtiv. I hear its pretty similar to VN's like ztd/999

didn't like it

ITS OVER LADS

I prefer Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G for its dating sim elements. It really reminds me of Memories Off Pure in its tone and themes.

So I followed the guide and finally got everything working, really impressed someone managed to make a guide retard-proof enough for me.

I have yet to install a game yet and I'm going to do more research tomorrow but if someone can answer a quick question I'd appreciate it. I downloaded FE Fates in .cia form, but the content restoration patches only accept .3ds files from what I can tell. Do I need to find a .3ds game file or does installing the .cia result in one I can use?

source

tfw when you see a cute kutku xd

If you have decent internet dl this pre-patched uncensored .cia

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/272362-gd-mega-fire-emblem-fates-special-edition-usa-eur-undub-swimsuit-marriage.html

(pick whichever patched versoin you want to play)

>"ei!" "ei!" "ei!"
>"gyaa..." "gyaa..." "gyaa..."

about time

I hope you guys play generations when it releases. I have the Nip version, but don't feel like playing through a half-ass translated version.

>he actually found a way to brick to MCU
I hope nobody falls for this

Any news on that Zelda demo leak? Was it bullshit after all?

>was it bullshit
if it wasn't, I think all of /v/ would be talking about it.

Can anyone who's not a meme-spouting gbatemp refugee tell me which Gateway launcher version allows me to update to 11.0 without risk of bricking?
I want to use it for A9LH so I don't have to install rednand.

May the user who originally asked for it finally rest in peace.

you know... actually nevermind go ahead. update to 11.0 so you can downgrade :)

lol

Why the fuck would you use Gateway for a9lh when you can do it without Gateway and have a 100% less chance of bricking.

Um actually yeah do it nigger, that's what you get for supporting Gateshit.

>"ei!" "ei!" "ei!"
>"gyaa..." "gyaa..." "gyaa..."

>red

kys redditors, your toxic kind should be BANNED from Veeky Forums. You have no respect for oldf*gs, know your place pieces of s*it.

>kys
>Veeky Forums
>oldf*gs
>s*it

>not greentexting "toxic"

>meme spouts
>ok no one meme spouting reply
??

>greentexting on youtube
haha faggot i hope you get cancer hahhaah :DD

Ignore the underage kids. I had a gateway too, I just decided it wasn't worth the risk. There's a multitude of good reasons why you shouldn't even touch anything gateway has done recently. God help you if you don't heed the countless warnings these threads has offered.

Do plailects guide.

I was giving an opportunity to feel superior for answering someone in a calmer and more collected manner than him.

Listen to

The 3DS expects the encrypted key. The decrypted one won't work in it's place.

Which is why I'm asking for the latest version free of brickcode.

I took that cap way too long ago to remember, sorry.

Thanks friend, this is probably the only game this will be an issue for so this'll work just fine.

you can technically download a functioning copy of the game with its decrypted key, it does have some drawbacks that i can't recall though

>Official ftpd CIA was just released like 4 hours ago.

Link? The only thing I can find is the pony one.

For a fleeting moment I thought it was ZTD...

mtheall.com/~mtheall/ftpd.cia

Latest brickfree version doesn't let you update to 11.0. Go get RedNAND now.

The one in the pastebin isn't a pony one.

One of the drawbacks is that you don't get a valid ticket. So it can happen that you can't update or redownload (which happened with Shovel Knight in my case).

It won't be a valid ticket which won't let you pirate from Nintendo's CDN servers directly on the 3DS. You also have to do the seed decryption.

>not actually purchasing Shovel Knight
You fucking fag.

Any news for DS game cia injection for the 3DS?

you aware that rednand and emunand are the same thing, right? you can do the guide with your existing gw emunand without issues.

>It won't be a valid ticket
correct
>which won't let you pirate from Nintendo's CDN servers
incorrect
>You also have to do the seed decryption.
PlaiCDN does this automatically
updates work with invalid tickets without issues
never

But that's made by the same brony who made the pony cia one...I fucking hate those horsefuckers.

just a few more days

Whenever I try to install a cia using FBI manager I get "DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE".
Also the only time I managed to isntall a CIA it installed it in the sysNAND. Any ideas?

I'm using Luma 3DS with 11.0 emuNAND

>pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
>ftpd
>jii.moe/NJBXz9-2x.zip
???
Is there something wrong with this one?

So.. what's so special about this game?..

Nintendo servers encrypt the game. Invalid tickets which don't contain the valid titlekeys cannot decrypt the game on the 3DS. This leads to the error some people have where downloads get stuck on 99%.

Games that have a separate update than the game let you update with invalid tickets without issue. EShop only games like Shovel Knight which update the game by downloading and replacing the entire game will also get stuck at 99% and will not update.

mostly the fact that it's not available for purchase.

I thought hourglass was the updated version of Decrypt9? why is it missing so many features?

I am a retard when it comes to SD cards, so here is my question: Can a WiiU take a SanDisk Ultra 64gb SDXC without need for an adapter or anything?

PlaiCDN builds cia with the invalid titlekeys which work without issues.
because it's the version of d9 for retards.

it's retard proof version of D9, restore only

it's not. it's just the NAND backup/restore features of decrypt9 plus retard-proof sysNAND restores

Because PlaiCDN will decrypt the game with the titlekey before building it into a CIA.

It cannot actually do seed decryption. github.com/Plailect/PlaiCDN/blob/master/PlaiCDN.py#L608 is the message that will popup with instructions on how to do the seed decryption

Is it a regular SD card? Then you can use it. Is it a micro SD card? Then you need an adaptor.

Is there an undub version of SMT IV .cia somewhere?

Ok, I guess it's normal size. Xenoblade here I come, does the pastbin include the uncensored version?

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=790059

It was unobtainium for a few months.

What game is it?

Thanks

It was a bonus DLC game that only came bundled with a special edition of Project X Zone 2 in Japan.

Did anyone grab the CIA for the new Taiko game?

don't forget to save before the ending, and to upload it here! (Doing so guarantees good luck in all your future endeavours)

>Xenoblade Chronicles undub
But why, the voices were perfect

someone posted a link on the last thread. Too lazy to find it for u

>inb4 that user who posted every day died waiting for it

I don't understand why this is such a big deal. What kind of game is it? RPG?

T-trust me user, just do it

I think that's the user that has been wanting a save file towards the end of a neutral route or something like that.

Yeah, one of the few games I can honestly 100% say the English voices were much better.
Riki especially, in Jap dub he sounds so fucking generic it's not funny. Like every other 'cute little creature' Jap voice.

>Xenoblade Chronicles undub
Huh, I thought that it'd have both dubs just like the Wii release.

Anything I need to know about upgrading my AuReinand to Luma or is it just rename folder and dump files?

The wait makes me wanna die

Help I'm getting Cert signature or hash check failef (106)

Huh I don't remember this scene at all...

>bait in 1080p
>277x182

is this on purpose? or the guy who made it doesn't know what's 1080p?

During one of the puzzles in the treatment center where this "tutorial" popped up before you started it. The puzzle was super easy and finished in less than 20 seconds if I recall correctly.

hmm, I see. Did you finish the game? What did you think?

any snes cia that work on o3ds?

>EI! EI! EI! EI!
>GYAH GYAH GYAH GYAH

What did they mean by this?

Yup, finished the game ages ago. It was one of the first games I bought for my 3DS which I got when FE: Awakening came out. Great game. Been waiting for Zero Escape 3 (now known as ZTD/Zero Time Dilemma) ever since with little hope since chances seemed very low at the time.

How trustworthy is this method?

wololo.net/2016/06/15/3ds-downgrading-10-x9-x-9-2-using-homebrew/

Seems easy as fuck and heck I'm 9.9 so I'm already ready to downgrade desu.

It's very easy on your version, just use the wiki guide in the OP. Don't bother with possibly following a bullshit guide from someone else.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

>tfw you never thought you'd see best girl again
i didn't think it would ever happen, will be the only game i will actually buy

GYAH GYAH GYAH GYAH

>n3ds will never be able to emulate ps2 games
almost the perfect handheld

i havent even played project x zone 2 but i feel the need to download this anyway

Holy fuck, how big is your SD?