/owg/ Overwatch General

LOL! edition

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>The Oversheet (Damage values and other numbers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Stats and Leaderboards (Unofficial)
masteroverwatch.com

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TqpBhtq6cHE
youtube.com/watch?v=7omcfb5Ttf0
youtu.be/ohhVVLolLUs?t=280
youtube.com/watch?v=SVgkNW2cENQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for mercy sitting on my face

first for hammer man

HAMMERS

>Acting in part as some romanticized figure
>Wearing armor that amounts to nothing
>Deluded visions of grandeur and acting with great intent
>Cosmic failures

your thread is bad and you should feel bad

i want reinhardt to fuck me

So what am I supposed to do about these fucking FPS drops? The Blizz dev's "fix" of renaming the OW folder didn't do shit, it only reset my video options but after I put them back to what I used to have it's the same shit still

based HAMMER man
>tfw striding triumphantly across the battlefield in stonehardt and making the enemy reinhardt my bitch while my support and their support swoon at my glorious battle stratagems

New maps please

>pick Zenyatta on defense
>our tank complaining that "we don't need two supports Zenyatta switch you're not doing anything"
>literally gold medal in damage dealt, eliminations, objective time, objective eliminations and healing
>he keeps crying
>Mercy keep calling me worthless and saying I'm not healing while she's shooting with her dumb gun and pocketing our Windowlicker
>end of the screen
>five gold medals card

Mercy and D.va players are always obnoxious as fuck holy shit

I got 1000 credits and I want to dosh my Reinhardt, what skin should I get? I like Lionhardt's Paladin-esque colors but I like Black/Bloodhardt's Axe

>New maps

how bad are you at this game that you need something new only a month in

I want to cum on Tracer's goggles

who /cyborgninjaman/ here

>no kpop

>wanting more variety means you're bad

What kind of shitty reasoning made you come up with this?

Anyone want to group in EU? Could use some mates.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING?!!?!?!?

i like lion hardt the most

Get on the fucking point edition featuring muh flanks players.

Custom maps please

THE ONLY THING I KNOW FOR REAL

>more variety
You're not even good with what you are given and you want more

Don't waste others time or effort with you being shit. Uninstall please and thank you.

What sens do you use in a small mousepad (about 25 cm)? I just figured out that my sensitivity is 3 to 4 times higher that the 'pro players', but I'm afraid I'm gonna get killed by fast characters if I lower mine because of the limited space to move my hand.

>load up game
>widowclicker clicks my head
>watch her click my head again from her view
>be sent back to spawn

nice game babs

I only want new maps for the new game modes desu. I want payload race.

come back with a cuter kpop

reporting in

>save team last cap with a quad kill
>POTG
>useless genji cunt getting 3 hold m1 down kills

fucking remove this shit character yet fucking hell

Which Tracer skin should I get: Posh or Sporty?

Unless you played every phase of the beta, you probably don't know the maps well enough to be THAT bored of them. If you think you do then you're 1.) bad or 2.) never played an arena shooter ever

Go for black/blood/stonehardt. Lionhardts armor looks plastic as shit, and stonehardts color scheme is straight superior.

Sporty or one of those with a helmet.

/btbg/ here.

Please control your compatriots. I'm sick and tired of you people constantly raiding our general. If it continues, you will leave me no other choice but to contact the administrators.

You have been warned.

Is this an nvidia thing? I've noticed nothing on my 290

>even considering adams

Reaper's Mariachi
OR
Roadhog's Islander

I only have enough for one. Please help a bro pick.

I love those D.va edits.

Meowritseo, please come back, we are missing you.

islander for big black hog

GET ON THE FUCKING POINT YOU USELESS PIECES OF SHIT

CHROME OR FIBERS

>no kpop

>"stop invading our thread"
>invades our thread
high test post there desu

Sorry user, hard to do when there are 10 million of us :)

>Play my first game as Reaper
>Get potg

Thanks for the tips!

mariachi is for plebs

GARTERBELT

B-but muh K/D stats

>You have been warned.
What are you going to do? Die on me?

>LOST CONNECTION TO GAME SERVER
>can't login
>check internet connection, it's fine
>check firewalls, they're fine
>check battlenet, everything up to date and patched
>scan and repair, nothing is wrong with the game
>launch overwatch again
>LOST CONNECTION TO GAME SERVER
>been relogging and relaunching for over 3 hours now with no change
>paid 30 quid for this shit

>widowmaker/hanzo in volskaya shotting from the platform, literally 10cm away from the point

>mccree and widow nerfs for no reason
>zenyatta turns out to be completely overpowered

league babs, go and stay go you ruin everything

>believing blizzard's numbers

Wew

Either post some decent qt gook webms or get the fuck out.

We're keeping it from autosaging for you since you folks seem to be unable to save it

post yfw it's Dorado

You're retarded if you need more than few hours per map to memorize pickups and know where the flank routes are. The game has been out for 2 weeks or so (+open beta), if you still don't know the maps you're stupid.

settle down panty

>that's all there is to knowing a map
so you've never played/been good at an arena shooter before

Here's a list of auto-aims in Overwatch.

Soldier 76 ultimate
Mccree ultimate
Reaper ultimate
Winston primary gun
Symmetra primary gun & turrets
Torbjorn turret
Roadhog chain (aim assist)

Here's a list of attacks which aren't auto-aim but you essentially cannot miss with them no matter how bad you are.

Bastion turret gun
Reaper primary guns
Tracer primary guns
Reinhardt primary melee
Zenyatta orb of discord
Winston ultimate
Pharah ultimate
Roadhog primary
Roadhog ultimate
Zarya ultimate
Tracer ultimate
Mei primary
Mei ultimate
Genji ultimate
D.Va primary
D.Va ultimate

Additionally, almost every character has a skill that negates all positional mistakes. For example: caught on the ground as the rocketess Pharah? No problem, just press this easy button and you're instantly in the sky, where you're most effective.

Ran yourself into a bad spot as the fragile Tracer? No problem, just press this button and you're instantly back where you were before.

Got caught in the open as the close-range Reaper? Just press your invulnerability button and float over to a healthkit. You get this and many other movement tools completely free, there's nothing you give up for them, like sacrificing health with a rocket-jump.

The tools Overwatch gives you to solve problems are contained in a single button rather than a complex and difficult set of movements and/or offensive measures. The entire game revolves around identifying the correct rock-paper-scissors situation to press your button, then pressing it. There is no serious skill of any kind involved. You're going through the motions of what you think a video game entails.

The miniscule difference between a week-old Overwatch player and a year-old Overwatch player is lost in the cloud of instakill ultimates, teleports and AOE abilities. This game is transcendentally shit and there is no escape from it. This is the very profitable future of FPS. Hell. Population: you.

delusional widow/mcree main spotted

Who is the strongest tank and why is it Zarya?

How do we fix Symmetra to be more viable and useful in more situations rather then been somewhat ok in one specific one?

>mfw I was getting 10 elims tops in the first week
>now getting at least 20 and sometimes 30 in koth maps
>average still on 11

wew, at least I'm better in my heart.

You are right. Even David Beckham is prettier than her. I guess Sporty it is.

You're tasked with adding a new character, what would be his/her gimmick?
Additionally, what would he/she look like?

Double XP fucking when

fuck this cancerous slow XP

I'm okay with Dorado defense but on attack
>mfw

t. ran in solo and died

People are retards and she thrives on retardation

Why is Watchpoint: Gibraltar objectively the best map?

>spray called cute
>not cute at all
Why is this allowed?

i love blizzard matching me with the retards every game. Fucking loving it haha. Bloody brilliant making me carry garbage cans every time I wanna play some overwatch hahahahaha

Man I really like getting stuck with the shitters in every fucking game really nice haha this matchmaking is really well ddone hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe3hehehehe3h

Make her a shield tank. When you give allies shield you also get shield the amount in shield, lost on ally death.

>Overwatch may be boring and shallow as an FPS game on account of all of the 'canned skill' abilities eliminating the impact of mechanical skill, but as a strategy game it's good! Just look at how many characters there are, and how many abilities! Surely that leads to good strategy gameplay.

This argument makes sense until you remember that Overwatch is trying to pretend it's an FPS game, not a strategy game. All of the ways in which Overwatch is different from other real time strategy games (the camera, the pace, the lack of resources to fight over) are flaws.

Let's consider Overwatch's strategy merit compared to another the-player-controls-one-unit strategy game like DOTA. Each player has ~3 skills and an ultimate, so there's parity there.

The camera perspective isn't top-down, it's first person. This makes zero sense for a strategy game and inhibits the player's ability to get an overall picture of what's going on. The controls also make it impossible for the player to ever control more than one unit, like they can in DOTA.

There are no map resources to fight over - as a strategy game, the only strategic element is the win condition.

Overwatch is shit as either an FPS game or a strategy game. So it won't sell by its quality.

The only option they have to sell it is manipulative marketing. Here you can see a streamer who was critical of World of Warcraft talk about how he was denied Beta access: youtube.com/watch?v=TqpBhtq6cHE

Here you can see three TF2 YouTube celebrities are flown to Activision-Blizzard's office free of charge, given a full tour, and hundreds of dollars in merchandise + games. youtube.com/watch?v=7omcfb5Ttf0

And remember, straight from the lips of Jeff Kaplan, lead producer for Overwatch:

"Actually, Overwatch wasn't ported to console at some point down the line, we've been focusing mainly on it from day 1."
youtu.be/ohhVVLolLUs?t=280 4:40

do u think reaper likes kpop
youtube.com/watch?v=SVgkNW2cENQ

Another user here, but how does killing 2/3rds of the enemy team not help you cap the point?

Do you realize that a 5v2 is easier than a 6v6?

Bumped a Hanzo on CT like 4 times during one round. I knew exactly what his plan was when I saw him switch to Hog and come tottering up the ramp, I just didn't care.

because they wanted to try hiding their weeb so they avoided calling it chibi

Did bkub actually draw this or is it an edit of bkubs work?

Daily reminder that Soldier is the best offense character

This isn't an arena shooter you retard, arena shooter is a fast paced twitch shooter which revolves around controlling pickups. How the fuck do you manage to confuse arena shooters with Overwatch? Fucking people in this general, no wonder I've already deleted 99% of the people I've added from the sheet because you're all shit.

Consider the Following:

(you)____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guy that can stab people for alot of damage. Can turn invisible but only while touching a wall. Looks like an edgelord.

GET ON THE FUCKING PAYLOAD WIDOWMAKER, YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT

More like left alone to defend while team tries to farm for KDA

Is this a new pasta?

>posting worst hammer

Favorite Reaper map

>You only have time for one more game
>select Reaper

Do you listen to Hybrid Theory or Meteora? Choose wisely, the POTG depends on it.

>implying that overwatch is an arena shooter
>implying that aside from that, the only thing left to know is every specific hero shortcut which aint that hard to figure out unless it's a ultra nerd lucio wallride

>pick Torb on Dorado Attack
>teammate picks Winston
>bubbles the cart while I upgrade the turret on it
>steamroll

Finally someone who GETS IT

Yeah, these aren't revelations, that's blizzards design philosophy.

Play tf2 if you want an arena shooter which requires complex, difficult sets of maneuvers in order to perform basic class functions. It's really fun, I promise!

Overwatch is just a different game. You don't have to throw a fit and declare gaming dead just because you don't like the design of a new game. And if it REALLLLY bothers you that much, get into game design and make your dream game instead of expecting a corporation to get it right you entitled child.

>mfw maximum charge

Damn I should have screencapped the guy named St-Anarchist

>Zarya is ultra xenophobic
>Hates all omics with a passion
>"Keep earth human, ok??"
>Tumblrites like her

???