Neptunia General #930 /nepgen/

Last thread: Hyperdimension Neptunia Downloads (Skins, Artbooks, Manga, Guides, Soundtracks, etc.):
pastebin.com/WmjiAjQ2

Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune confirmed in production. Platform and release date not yet announced.
gematsu.com/2016/04/first-four-goddesses-online-cyber-dimension-neptune-details

Megadimension annouced for Steam
gematsu.com/2016/05/megadimension-neptunia-vii-coming-pc-via-steam-summer

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies is out.

Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls releasing in October for NA.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_SKNJSxy9Ho&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA
youtube.com/watch?v=aqmeQ0Ya4G8
youtube.com/watch?v=BRWvfMLl4ho
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?illust_id=57130432&mode=medium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Planeptune forever.

How much of a slut is Arfoire?

What do you guys think of this cute video starring cute neps doing cute things : youtube.com/watch?v=_SKNJSxy9Ho&feature=youtu.be ?

Neps are straight.

IF has a nice ass.

Neps are it don't matter

>it don't
Thanks for proving I was right about ESLs being shitposters.

You all need to calm down and spank some nep. I mean post some nep.

Please make anothe thread please.

>dub

>random greentext

please kill yourself

See

you too

Still butthurt nobody care about VII, huh? Sucks to be a consolefag.

Nepgear makes me feel good inside

Ram had the good idea about Nepgear.

I'm curious : if there are schools to learn about cinema and movies, are there schools to learn about game design?

I wonder if you can ever find more of such to fulfill your pitiful illusions, like a needle in the sea.

Yes.

>bitching at "it dont"
Nigga you sure you from here?

What should be a good game design, then? I remember Romero explaining how you shouldn't waste ressources building a part of the level that cannot be reached, but that's common sense.

Design? I don't know, probably. I can tell you programming and 2D/3D/sound asset creation do not have separate majors/schools for videogames.

So beautiful.
How Iris can be this cute, sexy, totally perfect?

I imagine most of it is going to sound like common sense, after you hear it. I had a similar experience learning composition, for pictures.

When you put the guidelines in words, you can make a conscious effort to follow them, instead of going by what feels right.

youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA

It's almost summer

VII release date on steam when?

I dunno, I watched a few movie reviews by a guy studying cinema (and thus giving "objective" reviews based on how the camera was used), there are many things that common folks don't conciously notice.

>speaking as if you were talking to a human
you got some lonely issues, nig? Those are hetshits
The beta just ended

youtube.com/watch?v=aqmeQ0Ya4G8

>retarded annotations
No fuck you.

That's what I was trying to say. It sounds obvious once you hear it, but before that you may not realize it.

In the mid of the day nepgen is already so dead.

Which is why I kinda want some experienced guy's opinion on Neptunia's levels. I try to see them as something else than a really short dungeon, but no matter how I look at it or how I try to justify it, it's still shit.

where are the e3 neps drawfags?

Already did Noire and Vert.

Whats wrong with my party, /nepgen/ and how to improve it?

Im in NG, chapter 10, free travel between dimensions.

Put Vert in the front because she's the best.

There are lots of schools where you can learn how to make video games but the actual school programs and their contents are varied.

Probably the oldest one is Digipen in Redmond, Washingon. They're in the same city that Nintendo is located in and have been around since the late 1980s. They're one of the few legit gaming industry schools.

When gaming started to become more and more mainstream several art colleges started offering their own gaming related majors, though, the majority of them tend to be cash grabs. It really pays to do your research because there are a lot of art colleges that charge a lot for basically nothing. As an example, consider a class that costs $12,000 to attend for one semester that teaches you how to create a 3D model of a weapon that could be used in game. Fuck that shit that can be learned how to be done via a youtube video for free.

Some community colleges also tack on game design and development degrees onto their curriculum, like the infamous Westwood College:
youtube.com/watch?v=BRWvfMLl4ho

It's not to say that there aren't legit schools that teach it or that you can't land a job in the industry by going to an illegitimate one. Just that if you're serious about to shop around. Ideally you'd decide on either focusing on coding or art, though there's usually some overlap.

Safest things to learn for coding would be C++ and 3D Studio Max for modeling.

>What should be a good game design, then?
That largely will depend on who you ask. Every game studio answers the question differently. Probably the biggest contrast would be how Japanese and North American game studios answer it, but even within the same region game design sparks difference of opinion throughout genres.

Ultimately a game's design is a reflection of a developers' personal values. When a gamer says that a game is well designed it's because they agree with them.

>uni with smol IF
why would anyone couple smol IF i dont understand

I wish I can draw Noire sipping K-sha tears.

Those things are pockets? Jesus christ, that makes her design so much more logical now.

please post em

She gives the same bonuses as adult IF - exp+ and cooldown reduction. I try to cpuple everyone with cooldown reduction skill, unless they have it already.

Instead of who?

Why would K-sha be crying when she's making millions?

Do we have nude mod of loli IF, compa and pko yet?

Go and stay go with your Pachinko, Konami.

Pedobear pls go

So I'm in chapter 7 of RB;3 and none of my party has gotten any of their solo EXE Drives yet.

I've gotten a bunch of the tag-team ones, like Violet Buster and Broken Fannings, but nothing like Neptune Break or anything.

I have come to the conclusion that I am retarded and probably missed something or haven't jumped through some hoop I wasn't aware of. Would someone be willing to explain what I've done wrong or missed?

but shes too smol

No, but I'm serious. There's this narrative that Konami fucked themselves with leaving MGS behind despite the fact that A) MGS isn't as big as PES and B) MGS is expensive as fuck to make so profits are less.
Because make no mistake: MGS was basically the only thing Konami was doing for the last 5 years. And today, after pissing off so many people, their stock price is higher than it has EVER been in 14 years, including the launch and announcement of both MGS 4 and 5.

It's just a very stupid lie to tell ourselves that just because Konami spit in our faces they're suddenly doomed. And we'd do good to remember that if we want to keep other people in the industry. Does anyone remember Nintendo saying that they want to get into the health market last year? Yeah, we can't have a repeat of the Konami fiasco with them.

Altho rb3 encourages couple exe, you can still gain access to solo exe through 100 sp skills achievement

You have to use skills 100 times before you unlock that characters exe.

It's a pain in the ass.

She might be smol, but still muke her jub dun. Who else should take her place? 5pb? Rom?

Too bad that couple exes eats SP of all characters taking part, so it is still better idea, in most cases, to use single one. Unless you want to keep switching characters mid-battle to regain SP.

Or Im missing something?

Also, why is "old" Histy so mean and 120% serious? I liked Rebirth 1 balanced Histy and Rebirth 3 tiny Histy much better.

well I actually never cared about the buff as long as the couple seems cute(or canon)…
You can still crush all the bosses hardmode when you get the levels, so it wont really matter

And we thus do need level scaling in this game

smolhis a qt

Rebirth3 Histy is way meaner, she's just tiny and cuter.

But HyperHisty dont een use emoticons anymore, is all grown up and all she is doing is yelling on every CPu she sees for "slacking off", like if she would want to see every CPu as workaholic Noire clone.

Wow, that is a pain in the ass, considering most fights can be ended by just spamming Power attacks. Thanks.

cheat engine that

Already posted last thread

Why Histy was even growing between games? I thought that she should be ageless, like CPUs.

Would IF and Compa grow old too? That would be too sad...

Different dimensions.

shit Im on my phone
someone post it

>tfw no human size histy

It's a cruel world

How would you feel if they make a human size Histy but sexy?

She got quite sexy in VII already.

>no human size Histy to scold you for slacking every day

The best way I found to deal with it is Jet Set Range. Use the dungeon change to get the Huge Dogoos in it. They have tons of hp and hp regen a turn. Just build up your whole EXE bar with rush attacks, then spam your cheapest ability. It shouldn't be able to damage you at your level, so you can even spam buffs if you wanted too. I did it with one character at a time to make it go faster, but you could unlock a whole party at once if you want. Don't forget you'll need to go get pincers from the King Crab boss in Gigo as well to complete the plan for their EXE Drive.

I'd feel aroused.

>Not +3 sins.
You had one job user, look how disappointed she is now.

What sins?

I only played ReBirth 1 and 3.

No.

What did they mean by this?

Post what?

It's just a meme, from a few threads ago. It's better if you don't know.

user, I...

Amazing. right before I went to find it

Do Goddesses Age? | Verniy Misaki #pixiv pixiv.net/member_illust.php?illust_id=57130432&mode=medium

So sad ;_;

That caused me physical pain just so you know.

GG mid end Im afk

No juice?

She just made me juice if you know what I'm saying.

I prefer smoothies

I see.
I mean, I think I can recognize good game design when I see it. For example, Shadow Warrior get some flak for being bad, but I really liked how there's always a light to indicate you where to go. Compared to Unreal where I remember being lost for hours because I couldn't figure where to go after hitting a switch. Of course, there's a decade between the two games.

But Neptunia's level just confuse me, because they feel old. As I said before, they feel like these old levels that are based on "cool" design rather than being based on coherence.

They are old school RPGs at their core. They're not so much levels as they are dungeons.

Grimrock has a litteral dungeon, and yet it manages to be interesting.
CH had trouble putting secrets in their dungeons for many games, and even in V/RB3, it's still "invincible crap that only becomes visible if you're near it" instead of being about fake walls or advanced jumping.

Yeah, but I don't mean "dungeon" as in what dungeons are IRL, I mean in videogame speak. More specifically JRPGs, y'know, Dragon Quest and FF? You can see this a lot, and it's readily apparent in Neptunia: they're not levels, they're dungeons. They're just an overworld, mostly there to provide a context to the combat. There are basically no mechanics in them either, because battles take you to the "battle dimension" which is free from the actual physical location of the battle and only resembles it in passing. That's why it's important to make a distinction between "dungeon" and "level". You can interact with a level, a dungeon is mostly a set based in stone, at most you have to get a key or something, but the dungeon itself never acts upon you or vice versa.

If you want to talk "game design" then the dungeon has been reviled in the west for around 10 years now, which is a big part of the decline of popularity of the JRPG in the west. But obviously Japan thinks different, and thinks Dungeon are a fun way of just careening you into battles. Could you make them a bit more intuitive? Sure, but fundamentally the dungeon is inert and not that complicated. The droplets in dungeon so much about guiding you through it as much as they are a way to help you so much as a way to avoid them being just a line, illusion of exploration if you will.

>Chapter 10 in ReBirth 3
>New colloseum fights, cool
>Mr Badd, recommended level 85, lets try
>Somehow managed to get him down, now time for Arfy, recommended level 80
>Somehow she instagib both Uni and Vert with every strike

How Im supposed to know, if fight is within my range, if "recommended level" lies about true difficulty of fight?

Holy fuck, I don't know what happened to that last sentence.
"The droplets in dungeons aren't so much about guiding you through or rewarding you so much as a way to help it not just be a straight line".
There, that's what I meant.

why are we talking about games

Just add 10+ levels to the recommended one.

But Mr Badd, for example, was pretty easy with taking max 3k damage each strike, while Arfy, having recommended level lower, was insta killing characters with 10k hp and best defensive items from shops.

>More specifically JRPGs, y'know, Dragon Quest and FF?
I played several Final Fantasy, yet I never felt like I was in a dungeon. But it's "muh opinion" here.

>But obviously Japan thinks different, and thinks Dungeon are a fun way of just careening you into battles
The main beef I have with Neptunia's dungeon is that you're encouraged, gameplay-wise, to go in and out to get items, resupplies and heal.

And there's also the fact that Neptunia's dungeon are flat. Let me compare Neptunia's factory level and Final Fantasy VII's Gi Cave.
The Gi Cave has some traps that deal damage out of combats, it has a few uniques combats that are triggered if you want to get items, but you don't get the items by fighting, the enemies just happen to be in the way. It also rewards exploration by giving you items to use in combat, including the X-potion that will oneshot the dungeon boss.
Compared to the Cave of the Gi, Neptunia's factory level is a lot smaller, enemies can be avoided instead of being mandatory, and your main motivation for exploring dungeons isn't plot progression like in FFVII where you go in the Cave of the Gi to develop Red XIII's character, but in most cases, it's getting materials or filling quests by killing monsters.

The other beef I have with Neptunia, and I'm sure that one is 100% objective compared to the rest, is that it's too easy to forget what's going on.
This time, I'll use the Global Expo map from RB2, and I'll reuse the Cave of the Gi example.
The Global Expo map takes place at a critical moment in Rebirth 2 where Rom is abducted by Underling. And yet, despite the sense of urgency, you have no reminder at all of the situation until you reach the boss.
Meanwhile, in FFVII, the Cave of the Gi is made of several screens (just like the Global Expo has two wings), frequently interrupted by exposition and characters interactions to remind you why you're here, what the place is, and why you should be spooked.

And what Im supposed to do against enemies that attack everyone around them? After all, I need to get in range to even be able to attack and first CFW I faced at colloseum was casually doing 360 wide strikes. Vert debuff didnt do much.