Dead By Daylight /dbdg/

/dbdg/ Dead by Daylight General #5
Old general: Trapper edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD
Pastebin with all of the values for Cheat Engine (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Video of the thread
youtube.com/watch?v=JGhIXLO3ul8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3aPlWEQmCDw
youtube.com/watch?v=xtkW5jEAkxM
youtube.com/watch?v=aXicYAKSe8I
youtube.com/watch?v=NBRTdoEkTE4
i.imgur.com/DsI2bMl.jpg
i.imgur.com/g75NQ6z.jpg
i.imgur.com/9Uzl9ph.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Importing beta save:

>Turn off cloud save in steam by Properties>Updates
>Right click on the beta shortcut
>Look at adress
>steam://rungameid/(some number)
>Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\(some number)
>Find folder with the same number the beta shortcut had
>Copy the files
>Change file extension from .profd to .profje
>Now find the full game folder the same way you did with beta folder
>Copy and replace all files with the beta files with changed file extension
>Turn on the game
>Turn off the game
>Turn back on the save cloud on steam
>Turn on the game again
>Done

In my case folder number for beta was 471230 and for the full game was 381210

How do I play trapper? I think I do shitty trap placement, no one ever hits it, even if they sprint by it.

I should be concerned about how hard i get from chasing down people in this game

god i love it, i really hope they'll keep adding maps and shit.

>Guy almost has the generator done
>I intentionally fuck up three rapid skill checks and even a fourth when I get off the generator
>I've never seen another player run faster in my life
I wonder if they were as pissed off as they were panicked.

How do I git gud as Hillbilly? Trying to use his chainsaw sprint more but some of the maps are shit for it.

Reposting my shitty webm to raise awareness how you can BTFO vault trolling scum the most stylish way

I just had that bug where you're downed and can't be picked up.

I crawled all the way across the map and escaped...pretty dumb.

My allies died trying to "rescue" me.

>Place them in random tall grass
>Place them in tall grass next to key areas
>Place them in narrow passage ways
>Place them outside common landmark window ledges (landmarks being the buildings/machines/buses)

You won't get people with them all the time but you should be catching one person a game or at least every other game. This is not counting when you put traps under people on hooks, those are usually a mentally retarded person hit and a miss.

Have you ever outskilled someone quite this hard?

shilling my own channel here but
youtube.com/watch?v=3aPlWEQmCDw
youtube.com/watch?v=xtkW5jEAkxM
youtube.com/watch?v=aXicYAKSe8I
youtube.com/watch?v=NBRTdoEkTE4

>It's Autohaven Wreckers- Azaroth's Resting Place map
>You're a killer
>Every single part of the map is covered in vaults and pallets
Why would the entity make a map so heavily biased towards survivors, I don't have enough traps to cover everything!

So is it me or is it impossible to rank up if you don't just play greedy as fuck with a medkit at all times?

Possibly getting sacrificed by helping people is pretty much an instant rank down

Try using it on people that are interacting with stuff.

That guy was an idiot.

I love your stuff. When you will make Hillbilly video?

How many points do you get? I play exactly like that but I only get like 8k points max and I never rank up.

The big thing with traps is you have to make sure if you're using it on a choke point that it's actually in the middle. Otherwise survivor can literally walk right past it.

Also, I often catch a survivor with a trap at the bottom of the stairs into the basement if they haven't already looted it. Place them in tall grass near generators too, don't just use them to control juke houses.

>skill
>Placing a bunch of traps in the most easily dependable hatch
I'm a trapper main, so lol.

i find the other two killers way harder to finish survivors off with compared to trapper so I barely play them

this is the best i can do for Hillbilly

I basically always rank up

i've only ever fully wiped a team and NOT ranked up once and i'm rank 15.

I never physically camp hooks though so generally people get unhooked/rehooked a bit.

it's a joke, that was a rank 9 survivor that had escaped me every other time i played with him, almost always using the hatch.

In beta you just needed roughly three generators, maybe get the switch and escape and you were golden.Now you need like three generators, save three people from hooks, juke the killer twice and then spin around five hundred times before you escape to rank up.

I guess that's why Azaroth's key is rare or whatever.

escaping gives you 5k points straight up which means you only need to earn 5k points yourself as a survivor which is extremely easy unless you're afk.

>it's a joke,
I was supposed to know that.
Nice chainsaws btw.

Who else /perfectplayer/ here? also does anyone else have the problem where you end a game gaining a rank level and it ends up taking one away after you exist out of post game? i should be at least rank 10 by now

my rank resets every single time i relog

>It's a scrublords looking to play with their bender friends so much that they break the lobby by leaving it episode.

Why is the flashlight so useless?

>Azaroth's Resting Place
>Azeroth

We playing WoW now?

what the fuck do i use the flashflight for?

also when will the killers stop camping hooks after getting one survivor?

Every fucking time.
#rank204lyfe

They increased the requirement senpai, I believe it's 12k and even then the game won't give you the fucking pips you deserve more than half the time.

>In beta I got six pips as killer one match
>In full release just starting the game loses me four pips

Flashlight is good against bad Wraiths.

Really you need to see them first, it's obvious when they're cloaked, then immediately flashlight them...it stuns them for quite awhile.

You can also use it on killers carrying survivors to make them drop them if you manage to stun them.

You're supposed to shine it in the eyes of the killer to blind them. I think it also makes them drop someone if there's someone on their shoulder.

However it's not very reliable. You'd be better off just running.

>what the fuck do i use the flashflight for?
blinding the killer when he's carrying someone, you can also stun him regularly but it's better to just run most of the time

>also when will the killers stop camping hooks after getting one survivor?
never ever

It's the latest expansion, the killers are the new raid bosses

Use it when you think there's a wraith. It doesn't even have to hit his face when he's invisible and it stuns him for an absurdly long time when he gets caught with it.

>Massive amount of negative reviews
>All of them people whining about 'muh party system'
Do they not, you know, see that KYF mode exists?

No, because they want to be on teamspeak against a monster who has no idea they're on it.

If they add a party system to the regular queue I'm done with this game.

You're not supposed to be able to communicate with your team, the game isn't designed that way.

They can't pubstomp with their normie nigger friends

>last generator
>i'm nearly finished with it
>some dwight motherfucker comes up and starts fixing it
>BOOM
>BOOM
>BOOM
>OH SHIT IM RUNNING - BOOM

>down to half
>killer finds me first and I have to juke him for 20 minutes while the other dude does god knows what, probably hiding in a locker like a faggot

Ability to slap other survivors over the back of the head when?

You can tell which killer you'll be facing by looking at the hooks

Each killer has their own brand of rusty hook, so you can tell who its going to be before you hear the chainsaw/bell/clickyclackybeartrap

pics to back it up? I haven't noticed this./

>It's a "your teammate found the hatch and is just hiding right next to it not doing anything" episode

>mfw they will never be able to "pubstomp" killer lobbies with their butthead nigger buddies

loving every fucking tear, its the same type of people that play souls games just to sit in an area all day long with popped seed and 3 suncancer buddies

>coop 4v1 survival game
>can't party up with friends

please tell me this is a joke

I just had a game as killer where I killed all four, trapped three in the process, destroyed two barriers and had a bloodpoint boosting offering and I just barely made it to the first diamond.

I don't understand how hard the ranking system is intended to be. I did all of that in record time, never being idle in the game, and even ran around placing extra traps for points while the remaining three were all on hooks at the same time.

Found this post on the steam forums

Trapper: i.imgur.com/DsI2bMl.jpg
Wraith: i.imgur.com/g75NQ6z.jpg
Hillbilly: i.imgur.com/9Uzl9ph.jpg

Does this perk even exist?

You're supposed to work with the other survivors without using communication, lack of communication gives the killer a chance to win, if they could communicate with each other at all times it would be way too easy.

Neat, figured out how to let your friends join a game with randoms.

>start a lobby as killer
>wait for some user to join
>exit out
>start a KYF match
>random will still be in the lobby
>spam invite your friends
>other randoms can still join

neat

LOVING EVERY LAUGH M8

cool, thanks user. That's actually pretty helpful.

You can play a private game. You can't play ranked solo queue in a group because that fucks both the difficulty and the atmosphere of the game.

Wow that last match was a doosey. I got the last two guys down and I couldn't pick up one so I just grabbed the guy I could and kept dragging him into the basement to sit in time out until his buddy bled out. That went on unnecessarily long.

I'm sorry chicken, but you were glitched and I had to bleed you out.

Yep

How alive is this game? Should I get it or wait for a sale?

17,337 peak players

Evolve had 20,000 peak players during its closed beta

you can't release a game like this without a party system and expect it to do well.
this game is too fucking stressful for me to play alone.
i'm not sure if there are enough lone wolves out there who don't mind not being able party to sustain the game for a long time.
it's probably gonna be the next battleborn if they don't add a party system.

Don't compare this to Evolve please

A party system ruins the game.

t. Steam forumbabby

Fuck off. I'm tired of teleporters already, I don't want a group of faggots communicating and coordinating about my position or what I'm doing. Pubbies can't do that, and that's the only reason the killer wins. Communication would decimate the killer and the balance of the game.

If they add a party system, I expect them to remove the perk that allows you to kill instantly and make that a normal thing. Do you like the sound of that? I don't, because that perk absolutely raped the balance of the beta.

All the normiefags would pubstomp with their nigger skype buddies

the game would die within a week

You're a fucking idiot but unfortunately enough people like you have complained that a system for playing with friends is being added "ASAP" according to devs.

God forbid any of you fuckers just use the Kill Your Friends mode like a decent human being might consider doing.

what if parties had to face two killers instead of one?
or if they had to get 7 generators up and running instead of 5?

since they aren't playing until then it just gives killers more time to figure the game out in order to combat them. Once they start getting stomped in spite of communication they'll probably quit.

Cancerous faggots like you are the reason this game is gonna get fucking gutted

good job, i didnt expect anything else from the 90% autistic normieniggers from Steam though.

Do achievements unlock in private matches?
I'd like to get that four hatch thing done.

Why do I care? Because I fucking can.

>Killers thinking they're tough shit

>This horror game is too stressfull, they should make it fun and friendly

Are you retarded?

Battleborn had a party system though.
It died because 2K sucks dick at advertising they didn't sexualize their characters to get free media attention from fucking retarded SJW's.

>Hillbilly
>Autohaven Wreckers
>It has a fucking jukehouse with an escape route up top
Were the map designers drinking lead paint when they made so many two story buildings with window escapes

>it's probably gonna be the next battleborn if they don't add a party system.

A budget game sold at a budget price will never be Battleborn

What if they made it so you can play with your friends, but one of you have to be the killer. and you just fill the last survivor slots with randoms.

i'd like to play with my friends, but the game feels really balanced as is, and i dont want to ruin that.

If you gained levels and perks in kill your friends, I would play it. Alas no such option exists.

>Autohaven
>Put a trap outside below the balcony
>People drop on top of it
It makes me so hard, especially since they crouch taunt me like they're going to escape my forest.

Yeah because video games are only fun if you win, right? I'd instaquit anything I wasn't immediately winning at no doubt about it.

The amount of generators is critical to game balance. Or, at least, for the Trapper it is.
Make killers able to opt in or out of playing against parties in ranked and I see no issue.

if one of them is the killer then they can easily coordinate to grind bloodpoints, which is what they're trying to avoid.

>Parties implemented
>All the decent killers opt out and leave the parties to get raped by the god tier killers with 4 perks and fuck tons of shit to use

That is the mindset of people who insist on playing with teams in this user, they're shitters who want to win.

I don't mind a party system so long as it's a maximum of 2 people teaming up instead of 4. If you have 4 people to play the game with you can do a 1v3 in kill your friends mode. 1v2 though fucking sucks.

Though as far as I'm concerned I'm fine with it not being added either. My friends are still having fun solloing and we just need to get 1-2 more people to get private matches going.

I don't care about winning. I just like playing with my friends in the games I enjoy.

No mercy.

Good. If the killers are fantastic it offsets the fact they're against four douches in a Skype call.

This game is not about winning in a strict sense. If that's their attitude I imagine they'd get sick of it anyway.

>Check steam forums
>Everyone complains about Wraith
>Weird, he never seemed OP when I was playing against him
>Play as him to check if he's actually OP
>Whenever I uncloak right behind people they don't fucking run despite loud as fuck bell noises
>Even make an experiment once, spamming the bell sounds without actually uncloaking
>The guy was just sitting there for a fucking minute before actually running when I was doing this
>Those retards literally stand still when the game fucking screams at you to run
>tfw Wraith will be propably nerfed to shit beacuse they will listen to those retards
Why would you just stand still when you know Wraith is uncloaking? If he does it's literally 99% chance he saw you and is going to fucking kill you.

I never thought if it that way, ive gotten into my friends room a couple times who is a killer. I just try and win. What kind of dork wants to fake a rank and get pointless levels.

>Party with friends
>Killer vs. Killer mode
>4 friends vs. 2 killers
>Both attempt to kill more survivors than the other
>If they get them all, they both win big, but if they all escape, they both lose hard
>Getting more sacrifices on their side just tips the payout in favor of the victor
>Friendly competition and cooperation at the same time
>Fuck survivors

>Play as the Wraith
>CLING CLONG CLANG CLANG
>the team is competent so they book it whenever they hear the first bell
>Only end up hooking 2 people
That's not something I ever want to experience again.

Which is why KYF exists...

>Pointless
>OP perks and the ability to equip multiple of those perks
:^)

Was that a match like 20-30 minutes ago?

If so I may have been in that one.

>Trapper
>Try to put traps down everywhere
>lol4 gens done in the first minute because most coordinated pubbbies ever
>Play "hook several people despite the exits being open, only kill one because it takes half a second for someone to yank a victim off" the game
And people say the game isn't survivor biased

>play as wraith
>cloak
>run up behind someone working on generator
>they immediately sprint away before I even ring my bell
>this happens every time
And now I mostly play trapper.

B-BUT THEY CANT COMMUNICATE ITS SO UNFAIR TO THE SURVIVORS THEY CANT PLAY WITH THEIR FRIENDS ITS NOT SURVIVOR BIASED ITS NOT ITS NOT ITS NOT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, the Wraith is honestly the weakest killer. It's so easy to see him and the decloak takes way too long

The trapper is who I main too, he is by far the most satisfying one to play. Whenever I hear one of my traps go off I get really excited, especially when it's in the basement.

Which means i cannot unlock new things to use in KYF. Which is pointless and gets old real fast I can tell you.

More rape for the rape train more skulls for the skull throne.