/indie/ - Indie Games General

Big Guys Edition

Last Thread: >What in the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Bastion, Machinarium, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Sonic Dreams Collection, Dorito Galaxy, etc.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here. Remember to tell just some user and other namefags that use names when they're not needed to fuck off!

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. Besides that, don't forget to play our !!!!GAME OF THE WEEK!!!!* and other indie games to have lots of joy and to make more discussions to our general. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except for namefags.
* - not a thing right now because we're on life support, also because that user is gone now

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

karbonic.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=vi0XN3l6ZJE
dworven.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=nblK0dtd1GA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

karbonic.bandcamp.com/releases
In case anyone didn't see it last thread

When I try to scale up LISA the pixels get all fucking ugly and unproportional, this is SUPPOSED to be 2x native but it is so fucking BAD
and when I try to use smooth upscaling it makes it all fucking blurry

how do I make this not fucking shit? or am I doomed to only using 1x native resolution

It depends, what resolution is your screen?

Post cute!

iirc I used the 1x resolution because some areas really lag up the game because of the size of them

nice image for ants, brovsky

We need to merge with /rpgmg/

I love Dashbored, I love Jack

Nice

That probably wouldnt work though, since this is a general about games, and /rpgmg/ is strictly about development, a lot of boring coding stuff, etc

Sell me on your game senpai I've got a few steam bucks to blow.

What do you mean?

I mean, if you like rpg maker type games that take place in weird worlds you might like it.

There's a couple of fun reoccuring characters and some waifus and husbandos (it's not super blatant though, at least not to me).

The game alse has leapest door tier stuff if you look hard enough

>What do you mean?
Sorry, ignore this

Bump

Shocklord is the purest character in LISA

>Terry is the purest character in LISA
Fixed it for you, senpai.

So I started playing Siralim. I kind of like it. It's like Pokémon or Shin Megami Tensei in that you summon monsters and support them in battle, but you're also a wizard who is in charge of a kingdom. I did a video in case if you guys want to check it out.

youtube.com/watch?v=vi0XN3l6ZJE

What characters refuse to attack you at the end of LISA? I know Shocklord refuses, I think Terry refuses.

pretty sure that a lot of characters "attack" you, but they deal 0 damage, maybe because they don't want to actually hurt you and you just slaughter them like pigs anyway

source on the OP image?

It's basically about a bunch of degenerates getting together to solve the cause behind the corruption of the world they're stuck in. The protagonist's a hikikomori, there's a shopkeeper who's turned on by money, and blood-thirsty midget TV head mafioso. The guy who leads you around through the cellphone is a kind of a goofy guy, but an asshole. Probably the most 'normal' person of this group is the lady who saves your game.

It's sort of like those early 2000s Newgrounds flash movies and games where a group of losers accidentally get into grand adventures. In Dashbored, the group has to smash their way through rats, crows, rabid rats, deformed bodies of corrupted people who have lost their sense of self, otherwordly creatures, and a smug sharp-chinned waifu who basically has a tablecloth for a cape. They're degenerates, and all they're good at is smashing through shit. And that's all their adventure requires.

The plot's pretty straightforward in most parts, but you get to piece together additional backstory through roaming the environment. In my opinion, the character interaction and the humor are some of the best parts of the game. The battle system's pretty basic, but certain attacks use the same sort of timed hits like Buddy in Lisa the Joyful.

Not them, but I guess that sounds alright. I might pick it up sometime.

Here's the artist.
dworven.tumblr.com/

The reason /indie/ keeps dying is because there isn't enough Space Funeral. This must change.

youtube.com/watch?v=nblK0dtd1GA

Earth Birth ruined Space Funeral

I never played Earth Birth. Just the original and the short second one. What did Earth Birth do wrong?

Actually, the artist for the promotional material is electrosmia (aka randoration) and all in game art was done by me

bump

I think user was trying to reply to

What is?

Woops, I meant the dude asking for the OP image's source.

That looks like it's legit official space funeral art.
It's space funeral.

bump

I'm tired of people treating Buddy like she's a sex goddess

Please post the Rival Star Hero leak!

This game

looking good

Bump

so should I actually buy dashbored or is it full of fag and mutant propaganda

You should buy it. There's no propaganda

>try to do Everything Hurts achievement
>keep getting bad spawns and being forced to run into a room of 20 enemies or die instantly to lil' hitler's flames
help

well I really hope so, because all I've seen of it in these threads is a bunch of post-2007 neomillennial virtue signaling of fag shit for newmales

i'm hoping that's just a product of confirmation bias on part of all the underaged memesexual skinnyfat pranksters on Veeky Forums cherrypicking to find something that resonates with their inner cuckold

Holy shit, what are you even trying to say.

this post really resonates with me

i am considering buying dashbored

but i won't buy it if it pushes fag shit

everything people post about dashbored on Veeky Forums seems to be pushing fag shit

i am hoping that this phenomenon is just a result of Veeky Forums's non-straight majority cherrypicking for anything that affirms their degenerate identities, and that the actual game is not really pushing fag shit

so i am asking does dashbored push fag shit or not

theres a girl with big tits in it

Dashbored isn't a gay game, we just like to make gay material out of it

Midson pls

>spend 6 hours in roguelands grinding a character to level 100
>update comes out
>kill the character to get unlocks (retarded system by the way)
>get 2 fucking uniforms, both basic and boring
>get 2 hats, one to increase the health cap (which you'll never reach anyways) and one is a reference to overwatch that makes me move faster
I could have worked for minimum wage for those 6 hours and made enough to buy overwatch
instead
I got a shitty reference hat
woooooo

dude its just a fucking game

overmeme is a shit game only played by degenerate neomillennial alaskan goatfucking faggots

you didn't miss out on anything

yeah and i'm just asking just a question about the just a game

the point I was getting at is that in the time I played the game to get the shitty reference hat, I could have bought the actual fucking game it was referencing and probably had more fun because the only sane place to grind in Roguelands is the first fucking level

Fug

/pol/ please.

>everyone who hates fag shit must be /pol/ because i said so

i hate this meme

more like stormfront
/pol/ is pro-gay

stormfront is pro-gay also
most of the fringe right in general has taken the side of the fags since 2007.

the homonazi phenomenon is real

What in blazes is this?

undermeme shit

I saw a picture but I can't fucking find it in the booru, it was of Buddy and Rando, there was text that said "LISA : THE JOYFUL" but it was scratched out, and beneath it was "BUDDY : THE" something-or-other, I forgot, does anyone have this? it was really cute

post characters who did nothing wrong

pic related

Goddamn

Tfw you make your own weekly

I used the restart glitch only for this reason and with the cursed disk gun on the first level in mind. I have finally achieved what I wanted Vlambo to do for a weekly.

Last thread fampai

>restart glitch
w-what?

So, you have a character that you enable a crown on, then random. If you start your random on that character, then restart your run in the pause menu, the next character you get will start with that crown, even if they don't actually have it unlocked.

It is a cheaters way to 100% the game, but I am using it this once to make myself the weekly I always wanted.

Also, what would happen if I just chose crown of destiny here? would I get the other ultra as well?

That Webm is only good with the full audio.

But how does starting a run with a crown help you 100%?

If you don't have the crown and you start with it using that glitch, you can unlock it without going post loop if it is a post loop crown like Crown of Blood. Crowns are a big part of 100%ing the game. There are 144 crowns to unlock. That is over 75% of the unlocks in the entire game

why would anyone ever want to take crown of curses

Cheese caves. It gets you more rads then regular crystal caves

is anyone here good at drawing stuff in the style of LISA sprites? how do I draw in that aesthetic?

coke

Can you post any examples of how you want to look like? A few guys who draw some cool LISA stuff usually come around here.

literally who

a big cuck

good post

Is he the guy that got his mom BLACKED ?

was meant for

yes

Thanks

I love Chara

Cool
What are some other indie characters that got BLACKED?
I know that Buddy got BLACKED by Dale Spooner

cute

You are not the only one

I am enjoying DashBored.

The title is ironic because I am not bored.

I'm glad to hear it

How many endings are there in LISA: The Painful?

Only one but you get a bonus cut scene for playing on pain mode

I have another question, where does this sprite appear?

don't you get different endings depending on whether or not you used joy?

It's unused, but similar sprites appear in the first