/kfg/ - Killing Floor General

From E3:
Game will be out by Fall, Sharp update is out, Tripwire is making a VR game, despair

Latest Update
forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1489075

Latest Patch
forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=118064

>KF2 Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/kf2vg

Memetastic maps by /kfg/:
>KF-Mall drive.google.com/file/d/0BywcqXA0Kt4IS3pwMFQ2VVRHZ00/view?pli=1
>KF-ParkingGarage steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=642348804
>KF-DanceFloor moddb.com/games/killing-floor-2/addons/kf-dance-floor-contest
>KF-Fog_Rig steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646654523
>KF-GreenStreet steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646131633
>KF-Antarctic steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=644445723
>KF-LetsTryGas steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=677201858
>KF-Nuked steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=642313451

Mods n shit:
>user's weapon skins and modded Soundtracks
mega.nz/#F!axEgHD7L!7d-vuxYC5SBMmADi6cMjlA
>Abandon All and Abandon All v3 music for Patriarch
mega.nz/#!FEpEBAiC!Zf4NcB6xp8esqmLi421un1qBCzF6xKicZowe0HpVyOA
mega.nz/#!EEAQjBoD!vLLLOTS9e0es3VNFVw8wg6pXgB8fMmhL0Fnm-2kQ0qI
>Engraveless 1911 skin
kf2.gamebanana.com/skins/143388
>user's guide to modding sounds
pastebin.com/UTnM0yb8

>Useful console commands for testing or goofing around:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=424641626

>Spreadsheet with lots of stats about Perks, Damage, Weapons, Etc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDpg2mN1l_86U_RaDug0glFx8cZCuErwxZLiBKl9SyY/

>Grind map for gaining xp fast:
kf2.gamebanana.com/maps/187635

>Mapping/modding help, Bugs, Tweaks, Downloads, and extra stuff:
pastebin.com/w5jdaGVn

>Old 2015 /kf2g/ pastebin info (old server IPs):
pastebin.com/gCA9DkDw

EU servers:
open 85.236.101.21:8077?password=rage
open 51.254.187.123:7777 no password

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?s=4d424a2708a72fc0cff284456aa9690f&p=1489566&postcount=6
archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714478&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=234
forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714478&pagenumber=231&perpage=40#post460858158
youtu.be/Y_7og97DnRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just realized why Tripwire made these retarded changes that make ARs the best weapons overall.
Take a guess which perk has the most weapon skins. Go on.

>start playing KF2 again because sharpshooter finally
>lever action is complete garbage, cant even one shot headshot Husks or bloats
>go to /kfg/ to complain
>find out about this weird resistance system
Game is fucking dead.

Commandos had options like taking Crossbow, C4, magnums or whatever as secondary weapon before this system

>Crossbow
No skins.
>C4
No skins.
>Magnums
2 skins.

whoever okayed these damage resistances deserves to be raped to death

>43%

It really is the one thing that has single-handedly killed the game.

>tier 1 weapons should 1 shot medium zeds

ok fag

I posted a review but it doesn't show up in the store page, why?

Just use a different tier 1 weapon, something that wasnt a really good gun in the last game.
Whats the point of balancing when the game isnt fun?

If the LAR alone was meant to be that good on husks, there wouldn't be much reason to use the other weapons. I do agree that bloats shouldn't sponge so many, 2 at best.

I'm pretty sure Steam doesn't show you your own reviews, but what do I know.

>Chinese Gunslinger impression

You have to check under the "recent" filter near the bottom, otherwise you could check your steam activity page and your review should be there.

I find it in my steam page, but not under recent in the store page. I wanted to see how it fits in the stream of reviews, I have soft autism.

>Hayato's Gunslinger impression is so offensive that Yoshiro's stomach ulcer practically explodes and he is unable to tell the userbase to stay fucking tuned

what skin you want for X-Bow though

Hayato is best character tbqh

SOOTEHKEY

collapsing

collapsing steam score
collapsing thread
collapsing hopes
collapsing game

COLLAPSING

I feel like someone should draw this

the song of one who waits behind the walls
I hear it

>shit damage resistances
>Game still takes a fucking year to actually start

Im now considering it.

>stalkers are weak to Assaultrifle elemental damage, but not to SMG elemental damage

Any KF1 HoE teams out there?
Or do y'all know where I should go to find them?
I didn't actually start getting deep into KF1 until the community had started to dwindle. But I've done enough soloing and testing to at least try my hand at some real 6p.

I would appriciate, user.

>someone defending resistances, says anyone complaining are just shitters who need to stay on normal
>check profile
>not a single hoe clear on official maps
pottery

>still one HoE achievement short from completing them all
>can't act like a big shot who knows his shit because of kf2 bullies picking on me for it
Being a scrub is suffering

you're fine though. if you're going to tell people to git gud at kf2, you better have at least 1 official hoe clear.

>Have all for up to Suicidal
>HoE is too chaotic for me to keep up.

There are a few elitist KF1 communities. There's a good chance that you'll stumble upon a few tryhards or elitists in EU servers as EU HoE servers are more alive than US ones atm. Just keep playing at EU HoE servers and someone will eventually notice. If not in for all that effort, just drop a steamID and I'll see what I can. Don't expect anything.

In KF1 we just laugh at achievement tryhards or someone who takes them serious. Playing with console kiddies must be suffering.

I bet it's one of Yoshiro's alt accounts.

>try to launch kf2
>get pic related
Nice content pack twi.

That memeing aside, I have actually thrown in my two cents into discussions, sometimes I got responses where they're pretty civil but a recent one that really stood out was "lol dude you only have 230 hours, you don't know what you're talking about" around the slinger update on the deal with permarage

I checked his profile, he had over 550 hours, he had no HoE map achievements but just happened to have all the "beat HoE as X perk"
I called him out on that and he got really defensive calling me a shitter even though I had all maps but farmhouse cleared at that time.

Did you tell him off for using perk trainer map?

im getting this shit too what the fuck

get steam

I preordered the game

It hurts being a tryhard who wants the game to be hard in a FAIR way.
Ridiculous amounts of teleporting, resistances for practically every zed, knockback, and inflated health pools are not fair nor fun.
Why (I'm being rhetorical here, I know TW is too fucking lazy) is it so hard to just give enemies special attacks, increase zeds per wave, and encourage better aim?

Having resistances makes good aim worthless when your weapon won't kill a Stalker with a handful of headshots anyway.
Teleporting makes kiting pointless and encourages zerkwalling since that way you can just funnel zeds instead of having them pop into your face because you weren't camping.
Why give zeds increased HP pools instead of increasing the amount of them per wave, so you have more enemies to keep track of instead of a handful of enemies that sponge like no tomorrow?

Hell, change their pathfinding or give them more locations to spawn in and you'd fix zerkwalling and you could get rid of teleporting at the same time.
Of course, Tripwire is far too lazy and retarded for this and instead think MMO-tier resistances in a fucking horde shooter is a good idea. Surely needing to keep 50 different resistances in your head at all times is better proof of your skill at the game than being able to shoot, relocate, utilize combos and weapons, and working together? Nope, let's force "cooperation" so you NEED 1 perk for killing zed X, one for killing zed Y, and one for zed Z.

Shitty games always need shitty mechanics added by shitty developers to pretend their game doesn't have horrible flaws regarding balance.

I wasn't surprised when Tripwire pulled this. I was merely disappointed because I expected much better.

>Surely needing to keep 50 different resistances in your head at all times
But I was told by one user on TWI forums that you don't need to know about the resistances at all to play the game

Me too
The Deluxe Edition even

I don't know how many layers of irony you're replying to me with, but either way
>to play the game
To simply play the game and die on Normal is one thing, to try to play HoE for a fair, fun challenge is another.
There is a very fine line between "the game challenges you and you get to use all your knowledge about it to have a good time" and "the game teleports YOU into the zed and your weapon gets tossed out of your hands."

forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?s=4d424a2708a72fc0cff284456aa9690f&p=1489566&postcount=6
I meant people like this guy

but that would make the game too hard user. Crawlers on walls would just be way to hard. So instead they gave them a ton of resistances to things like shotguns, fire, and melee weapons. Don't worry though, they are weak to SMGs!

>tfw I didn't play HoE because most of my perks were sub 20 for a while
>tripwire fucks everything up so now I don't even want to play above hard

JUST

>Some zeds just give certain perks a harder time than others and you should find out which ones are out for your perk within minutes actually
I totally agree. After all, if Firebug gets bonus XP for killing Cralwers, it makes total sense it resists all of FB's weapons by over 70%
A man should work for his XP.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but resistances is probably the worst possible mechanic to encourage teamwork and to make people think "maybe my perk isn't made for this."
The game saying "you're using weapon X, so take this damage penalty simply because you don't have weapon Y" is the most retarded way of trying to convey the idea that some perks are better (and worse) against certain zeds.
You know what makes sense? Demolitions not being the best perk against Crawlers, because they are small targets that run by fast and if they get close they will start biting him and a direct hit from a Demo weapon will at best be inert and kill only one Crawler while the others still bite him or at worst he'll take a hit from his own explosion.
But no. Even if you're a really good Demo, suck TW's dick and take the damage penalty like a "man."

>Crawlers on walls would just be way to hard
I thought they scrapped this because they couldn't get it to work

That's probably what happened buy in stream a while back they said it would be too hard for players. Which is fucking bullshit, if anything it'd be easier because it's hard as fuck to see crawlers sometimes in the piles of bodies.

They scrapped it because they got distracted by all the community weapon skins they wanted to add.
Besides, working on Crawlers takes a lot of effort. Let's just make them resist fire and call it a day. According to Yoshiro that's what they want anyway: more weapon skins and resistances!

Crawlers and Stalkers shoe exactly how retarded this update is. Firebugs still get bonus XP for crawlers. Any new player who looks at what it says to do to get XP will think that they should look out for crawlers because they'll level faster. Then they waste tons of ammo because how were they supposed to know crawlers take fucking 30% damage from fire.

4k hours KF1 douchebag here.
Let me throw my 2 cents in. Resistance idea actually sounds nice and looks good on paper but execution is terrible again. I remember how I hated zerks chopped down every Husk at KF1 like it's nothing and Demolitions blasting away all the Stalkers away from Commando's sight, but that's no excuse to make an entire perk useless altogether at the next installment.

But if those perks couldn't do that they would be less fun to play.

did they make it so you stop getting xp for using an off perk weapon for getting too many kills with it?

>fun
Tripwire doesn't have "fun" in their vocabulary.
But yeah all of the perks should be fun to play no matter what, even on HOE where you want a challenge they should still be enjoyable.

Resistances should not be a thing, with a few exceptions that have become common knowledge:
- Fleshpounds resisting everything except explosives (piercing, ehh, I dunno) which it is weak to
- Scrakes resisting explosives
- Husks being immune to fire
- Hans resisting poison

Everything else makes no fucking sense.
Why is the Crawler magically weak to SMGs but resists microwave?
Why are RPG impacts strong against Scrakes but not against anything else?
Why does the Stalker tank almost as hard as a Bloat but is magically weak to ARs?
Why does the Patty take x1 damage from hits to his head but x0.1 to his jaw?
None of it makes any sense and only alienates everyone but the most dedicated players who are willing to look these numbers up on a spreadsheet, and these players are ironically the ones who are the most opposed to the change.
They have nothing to gain out of making resistances like this. They even fucking made images showing what types of CC are best against what zeds, what zeds are weak and strong against, and what perks work best against what zeds.
Not only are they inaccurate, but they also show just how retarded the whole idea is. Are we trying to play a fun horde shooter or a competitive MMO crossbred with chess?

>Why does the Patty take x1 damage from hits to his head but x0.1 to his jaw?
He's Raiden

What was with that anyway? Some kind of joke about 'taking it on the chin'?

We see Early Access as an opportunity to involve you, the community, and actually incorporate your feedback as we balance and put the finishing touches on the game. For example, we know how to nail the feel of Killing Floor 2’s weapons, but perfect gameplay balance can only come from large scale play testing.

>because how were they supposed to know crawlers take fucking 30% damage from fire.

This sums up the entire resistance system

How are you supposed to know what zed has resistances against which gun? Even after reading the forum post I'm not sure because for all I know it could be wrong or out of date and even if it is right I have to remember all these figures while I play the game. The entire concept of zeds having resistances is stupid, the only exception is husks being resistant to fire because it's pretty logical that an enemy that uses fire will be resistant to fire.

This is basically TW's way of trying to force people to form diverse teams and force people to work together but because of how fast paced and chaotic the game is it won't work, you can't expect a commando to always be around to take a stalker off of a support or a SS.

>perfect gameplay balance can only come from large scale play testing.
to en extent

You should know that risky moves offer higher reward, and casual/easy moves offer a base reward.

Good players should be rewarded, shitty ones shouldn't, and need to get good. No consolation trophies.

anyone?

>- Scrakes resisting explosives
I'm not so sure about this one, for a long time I don't think the average demo player knew that scrakes took half damage from explosives and there's nothing that indicates it and I'm not convinced that enough of them know now.

If they included a tooltip then maybe I could handle it. I agree with every thing else though, the entire concept is just unnecessary and convoluted, simply learning the resistances is a chore and actually dealing with it in game is an even bigger chore. They need to get rid of this system entirely as soon as possible if they value the health of the game

I haven't heard anything about this

i noticed this in Perkstrainer after i was using the microwave gun to level SS, after 2 waves of using it i stopped gaining xp

>Firebugs' only bonus XP comes from crawlers
>Crawlers have massive fire resist

I can't imagine what kind of fucking retard thought this was a good idea.

>KF2's review score could hit the 30s by the end of the month

We are so close.

>a man should work for his XP
The XP system as it currently is shows massive flaws from the get-go, the example being how crawlers need to take like a whole can from the caulk just to kill. There's working for it, and there's just tying a mans hands behind his back and expecting him to do his job of lifting heavy objects while everyone else has freedom. The reward of it should be actually doing the job you were destined to do and helping the team, not punishing you and giving you peanuts for what you were destined to do.
But that's just one of many, medic gets next to nothing healing so they're better off tagging shit. Support welding doors would be okay but doors are worthless now. Sharpshooter and slinger get a whopping 1xp for landing their headshots, that BARELY puts them those who bodyshot, its not rewarding to those who can and punishing to those who can't hit heads. Demo isn't too bad, but fleshpounds are few and don't come until much later on. The only one who really gets it okay is mando because stalkers are plentiful, you can see them cloaked and they're weak as fuck to AR's.

SS headshot bonus xp, at least solo goes up on difficulty, I believe susp welding does as well.
Healing xp should reward you for chunks of HP recovered, healing the whole team from 10 HP to get the XP of killing two zeds is absolutely ridiculous.

>Play Medic
>Killing a cyst gives 11XP
>Healing gives 2XP

Why am I supposed to heal again?

>Heal
>Kill shit while your darts replenish
>Get even more XP
Use your brain you donut

Can someone confirm cap what the tester allegedly said on the something awful forums?
Google leads to archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714478&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=234

But I'm having trouble loading the page.

DID SOMEONE SAY DONUTS?

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714478&pagenumber=231&perpage=40#post460858158 bottom of the page

>Sorry to hear you guys don't like the revised resist system, but I'm going to go ahead and deny any requests for heads on sticks. I've been play testing A LOT over the last couple of weeks and had some of the most intense and fun experiences playing KF2 in those final playtests once the system really started to take shape and I'm not keen on firing anyone the company because they had fun during a play test.

Personally, I like the idea of there being some strategy to team composition, skill selection and weapon selection and we've gotten a lot of feedback over the last year that all the perks are too similar, the skill choices are always one-sided and that the tactics and combos aren't as complex as in KF1. The concept of certain perks being ideal to deal with certain threats and team work being the key to success sounds like classic co-op or team based shooter design I think it's a good goal. Medic+Berserker being the ultimate combo or a single perk with a certain loadout being being good at tackling every threat in the game isn't exactly thrilling game play and we're trying to improve that.

I think the system pairs really well with the new cumulative incap system and we'll just have to see what adjustments need to be made to keep the game fun and challenging as you go up through the difficulties. Save the serious resistances that require careful team coordination and perk selection to HoE and letting normal difficulty be an experience where 6 berserkers can run around playing whack-a-mole? Might be the solution. Add more weaknesses so each perk only has one nemesis ZED (like the Husk vs Firebug)? Maybe be that. We'll have to keep gathering feedback and see. If the community decides they want head popping simulator then I'm sure they'll make that desire known.

>some strategy
Well a lot of good that is when enemies will literally sprint in your face and you can't exactly choose your fights, its not like KF1 where you could observe the situation better compared to 2 where they all bumrush you in a variety where its "pull the trigger now or risk getting swarmed".

What folder am I supposed to delete to get KF2 to work again? (because of fucked up mods)

probably Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC\Packages\Weapons

I'm not aroused enough by that to ignore the imagination of what that place would smell like.

it'd probably smell like donuts user.

what kind of donuts?

youtu.be/Y_7og97DnRw

Still not working

>go to steam and validate the files
>62,360 files failed to validate and will need to be re-downloaded!

great job fuckwire!

>62,360 files failed to validate and will need to be re-downloaded!

>get
>validate cache
>still get it
>go to files
>all my mod files are gone
>still need steam to play the game
Yeeeeep.

heroes never die

>You watched in horror as an promising game with plenty of potential was brought to utter ruin by a terrible made that just made terrible decision after terrible decision

Go back to your own general, ziegler.

LOL

Does anyone have some webms showing the resistances in action?

Gentlemen, the Free Weekend approaches.
How do you plan to outlast the siege as hordes of shitters descend upon the servers?

Sure, I can record you some if you want lad

By not playing the game because I still have college projects in progress.
Not that I play anything but solo, anyway.

Thank you.

Reminder that this backstory is in the game now.

Pump&Dump/10

>- Scrakes resisting explosives
this is a meme
stop pervading this meme

>touching that thing
Don't do that.