Who else /literallythrowspenniesinthetrash/ here?

Who else /literallythrowspenniesinthetrash/ here?

I've done the math and by the time I die at worst I've thrown out about a $500, which is minuscule compared to the amount of money I'm gonna retire with.

Also, if I factored in time wasted with the little fuckers I'm probably actually saving money.

Sometimes I even toss nickels, dimes, and the occasional quarter.

>inb4 just give it to a hobo

Fuck off. If he wants my money he can dig it out the garboge.

>inb4 OP can't inb4
Fuck off

>pic related
Me when I see how salty people irl get when I tell them I do this

Pennies went out of circulation in my country

>irl
i really doubt you have ever talked to anyone, let alone about pennies in the garbage. get a debit card.

You're estimating you will throw away 50,000 pennies in your lifetime? 3 per day for 50 years?

I took an economics course in college to satisfy a GenEd requirement.

The professor once told the class that he would throw pennies away. He was also a douchebag.

Not just pennies. Any time I find coins in my home I through them away. And any time I do a little cleanup around the house I inevitably find a few that go straight in the trash. It's beneath my dignity to count up how many quarters I have and then pay for something in all change.

I do this on the very rare occasion I pay with cash.

woah just had a great app idea...

everytime you make a purchase it rounds up to the nearest dollar and is put in an account devoted to investing in meme penny stocks. if you a dev, get at me.

Thanks for the idea, I've already started my devs working on this

sometimes, i usually collect all my small change and put it in a coin machine every few months, it's usually worth £50 or so and who gives a shit about the 10% fee

>not emptying small change into self-service machines at supermarkets

I just hired your devs out from under you by rolling 2d12 and getting 12-12 for double massive critical.

we're fantasy roleplaying right?

SAME.

I throw away about 10 - 20 per week. Except that I dont even bother with the garbage. Wherever I recieve them, right then, I drop them on the ground. Like a cash registers, the movies, what ever, I just drop them.

I wish everyone would do the same, so there were just hundreds of pennies lying everywhere.

I roll all my coins up in paper and take them to the bank whenever I go.

Constantly throw away pennies, try to refuse them when possible, etc. Some people really get confused when they see it. I avoid tipping my fedora about it but when friends/associates ask they often agree.

With that said I do love my quarters, got a container in my room that I also stuff loose bills into. It's a good life!

Heh, when the 50+ crowd sees me do it they get their jimmies rustled. It's funny.

What the hell is wrong with you stupid fags? Does nobody collect change anymore? A penny saved is a penny earned bitch

My time is worth about $50/hr. The extra time it takes me to deal with a single penny is about 30 seconds per penny (calculated via an average)

It ain't worth my time nigga. Even silver change is hardly worth my time. I'm literally losing money by taking the extra effort to preserve pennies. That's the whole point of OP's argument.

Not often. I remember doing it at school when someone kept asking to have my change from lunch. They went through the bins to get 20p.

>being this autistic

Nobody else drops their change everywhere in public buildings because they don't want to look like a fuck wit.

Anything lower than a dollar goes into a jar that I never fucking use. My dad used to know a guy who had literally three trunks filled with pennies because he thought they would be put out of circulation. (They were)

That was probably year ago though. He used to challenge people to lift one of the trunks, and if they could walk away with it they could keep it.

Maybe he has around 1k in these, so good for him for keeping it, he might be able to sell some

This was ages ago though, my dad is pretty damned old. The guy is probably dead desu. The pennies were dropped from circulation a couple years ago now. They're worth more if he welts them down lol.

>My time is worth $50/hr
>Spends hours shitposting on the business board of Tibetan underwater basket weaving forum

Actually, I remember now that there's a guy on youtube who buys US pennies in bulk, sorts through them with a machine, keeps the valuable ones for melting and returns the rest for more pennies.

You get that you're not losing any money when picking up a penny right

How the fuck does it take you 30 seconds to deal with a single penny? How fucking clumsy can you get?

these made me laugh

So you spent around $1 on making that post?

The united states government spends 2 cents to make one penny. I guess I'm the real fucktwit here.

I enjoy spending time here. I don't enjoy collecting pennies then transferring them back into dollars

>pick up penny
> put it into pocket
> feel the jangling
> get home and drop pennies into jar
> every once in a while take pennies to bank or coinstar and transfer them into dollars

Not worth the time for the result

see above

No, but I did spend around $1 on your mom. Not a very good lay.

How much money did you waste making this post?

Oh mate you're fucked, that wasn't even a bad idea either

Roughly $3.50