Looking for guys who can sell art

I'm an artist(living in Germany) and working in other field to fund my studies. I've finished art academy and talking about painting I'm really good at that. The only issue is that I'm not good at promoting myself, and selling my works.I'm ready to pay 50-60% from the sellings for the one who helps me with that.( I've attached a work of mine, will post more if u ask)

that is some weird ass shit dood.

Please post more I love surrealism. Link to site?

Pretty good stuff

I'm working on my site right now, so unfortunately I can't give you a link.i will post some more photos

A lot of artist sell their works through social media now a days I draw a little myself. I assume you've been to /ic/ for help already?

No, I used to stay on Veeky Forums some years ago, but now I'm basically new to it. I'm looking for someone who would be interested in making money on my paintings, I'm getting better every month and I'm sure that I could sell them pretty good but the lack of contacts makes it impossible for me to start anything right now

I'm a terrible salesman and self-promoter too. All I can suggest is keep doing group shows, try and enter into big profile festivals. Oh and keep a very active social media presence that documents your process, basically tells the story of how each one of your paintings comes to be. That builds anticipation and hopefully someone will fall in love with a painting and ask to buy it.

I'm following a lot of artists on instagram and have bought few of their works actually, all via instagram.

I have little knowledge when it comes to art and I only admire art that I can personally feel something about, no matter what the artist tried to tell in their art, but let me tell you - you have some good shit right there.

If you want to discuss further email me [email protected] (it's a cloaked one) and we can talk about this. I'm not into getting into this commission thing but I'm good at sales and might help you with strategy.

Yeah that's smth I've never done. I have had some fb pages and a site but I didn't know how to promote them so I gave up. I moved to Germany like a year ago and I'm preparing some painting for an art competition and shit, but somehow I feel that I need someone to help me with that that's why I'm ready to pay a half from whatever I sell to someone who would be ready to do that

not an artfag myself but i have enough observation skills to see that it's an inside club. You need to make friends OP friends with friends. You can't promote yourself faggot you need the right person to do it for you. Just my 2c.

I'm kind of an artfag myself, and I do occasional illustration work for friends, or through social media. (image attached is somethin I did).

Mostly from my freelance art friends, it's all about learning to market yourself. Trust me when I say don't pay someone half your earnings just to sell your art. I know you said you don't know how to promote yourself, and that's fine, but it's an easy enough skill to learn. All you have to do is keep yourself as an internet presence, and keep working art competitions. As said, Fine arts itself seem to be an inside club, so keep networking as well. Heck, I literally post doodles, commission work, and the occasional drawing I do and go "lol, oh yea. I draw sometimes." and people ask me to sketch them stuff for them if they give me money.

Which reminds me,don't be afraid to "sell out" as well. I know someone who loves doing artwork like you do, but she has to deal with a lot of people who only want her to draw smut whenever she shows off illustration work.

Total art fag here, tattoos is what I do for $ but I also like to paint, most artist are humble and more introverted. You need to hire a manager /promoter. If he or she is worth it they will be worth the $. Also if they know they can sell your work they may be willing to work on a commission, so if your not making money they aren't either. Hopefully you sell prints also not just originals.

no ass/10

looks like a rene magritte sad attempt

egon schiele ripoff make your own art fagit

My sister is an artist that sells some art. I'll tell you what I know. You need to get your art into some galleries here in the states. They hold on to the art, set a price for it, then if it sells you get a cut that you agree on ahead of time.

I would just start by looking up some popular galleries in the USA and emailing them with pictures of your stuff.

Have a look at the affiliate marketing threads anons keep posting, instead of driving traffic to some shitty product you care nothing about use the techniques to drive traffic to your online store.

I'm also curious, where abouts are you in Germany? Where did you move from? I'm thinking of moving there myself, not to do art, but to work in a different creative industry and interested to know how difficult it is.

>Fine arts itself seem to be an inside club, so keep networking as well
This. Do group shows. Go to every opening. Meet the dealers, they are out there, they are looking for artists. If you build a good relationship with a gallery you often exhibit in, they may buy something of yours for their permanent collection.

>Heck, I literally post doodles, commission work, and the occasional drawing I do and go "lol, oh yea. I draw sometimes." and people ask me to sketch them stuff for them if they give me money.
I think OP is more interested in selling finished works, but this is very good advice for most painter/illustrators looking for commission work, keeping an active social network presence like this is key to promoting yourself nowadays.

And always remember: Damian Hirst is a brand. Picasso was a Brand. Andy Warhol was obviously a brand.