/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Adachi edition

>What is Attorney Online?
It's an virtual chatroom/courtroom mix we use to perform improv AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Logic Battles and more!
Come join us on our server, Attorney Online Vidya!

>The Main Reference Doc (contains downloads, rules, faqs and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

>Role Guides
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Previous case: Friendly reminder that we'll never get a good Barnham rip.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SkDBObJS2JI
youtube.com/watch?v=gevklaHMSIg
strawpoll.me/10497607
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2010980
strawpoll.me/10375539/r
docs.google.com/document/d/1unoLS1Km45lGXZVmudt-pcgeuZ7Mn3N14q0laWbQAW0
github.com/AttorneyOnlineVidya/serverD
strawpoll.me/10499735
docs.google.com/document/d/1unoLS1Km45lGXZVmudt-pcgeuZ7Mn3N14q0laWbQAW0/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for daily reminder to vote in the strawpoll doc.

Nth for hugging Espella

Soon-ish

>Literally asking for shitposting
How about that names guy? I think he's the best player.

5th for lurking

Finished editing and now rendering last night's finale. It's ugly as fug because I had to pull out bandicam as a last minute resort which has a limit on how long it records, so I had to repeatedly end recording and begin recording a lot. Didn't plan to record any of it beforehand.

I've never played this game, what's going on in the OP picture?
Is it part of the roleplay or did that guy actually rape his girlfriend?

it's someone who lied on the internet for attention, most likely samefagged hard to get a response, and probably made the image himself.

>Names
>Good

It was a discussion that happened in postcase shitposting, not part of any roleplaying
But it's probably not true like said

youtube.com/watch?v=SkDBObJS2JI

What the fuck is this shit

What in the fuck is this shit

Done, now it just needs to process.

youtube.com/watch?v=gevklaHMSIg

No, not part of the roleplay, it was some guy sharing some story

WE ANIME NOW, EVEN MORE THAN BEFORE

Post low points.

>Opens with me calling Dahlia a cunt
Truly I have scarred this server for all times

Meant as a reply to

case?

Yo, Lupa, I don't want you to be woken up again for this shit but it's 1:30 EST and there's no mods on. Spam in the rec room has reached critical mass.

the fuck you doing up this early?

go sleep, nigga.

>Spam in the rec room
you mean business as usual?

This is my sleep schedule. And a lot of peoples's apparently, with how fast /rec/ is going.

file a complaint and go nut to something.

I did, just now in the thread. Last time someone messaged him on skype he woke up at 2 AM on a school night.

case?

Jesus fucking christ how many swords does one man need?

strawpoll.me/10497607

>Gregory Edgeworth got pregnant when he was channeled by Misty Fey
>Gave birth to Miles Edgeworth
>Miles went back in time and impregnated Greg's mother
>Miles is his own grandfather, Greg is his own grandfather and his own grandmother, Greg is Miles's father, mother, son, and daughter

You forgot to add Mia and Maya to the family tree.

Wait was it Greg in Mistys body who got knocked up by an unknown source or greg and misty together having a child?

Say something nice about Lady Darklaw.

Like:

Lady Darklaw is cute! CUTE!

or

Lady Darklaw, please marry meeeeeeeeeeee~!

OH SHIT NIGGA GOOD WORK!
THE MORE LESBIANS THE BETTER!

I WANT TO KISS LADY DARKLAW ON THE FOREHEAD AND CALL HER CUTE

CUUUUTTTEEEEE

Okay, that's some creepy ass Syncro Vox shit right there. Her mouth's moving, but nothing else is.

Fixed.

Greg in Misty's body. Greg got knocked up by his own semen. The reason Miles is Gregory's dad is because he went back in time and had sex with his own grandmother, which made her give birth to Greg.

sauce on pearl pic

Apostle
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2010980

Dissapointment.

Looking at the strawpolls.

I guess AO doesn't want anything new anymore.

And now it's trending toward removing content. I think you all just want to kill this game.

t. adachi/L/Q/Ghost Rider player

I have never seen anyone play L, his sprites need to be fixed.

>page 10

again, why tho

>all stories on the internet are fake
Keep telling yourself that.

No one believed you, Adachi.

Case?

Just vote on them.

There are no content removal polls around though. People are just all bark no bite, they threaten to make them, bug Lupa to add them, and when he does no one even tries. Which is a good thing of course, removing content is the lowest AO can go.

There are some people that are insane AA purists who literally want all the none AA characters and music removed.

Then again they are rec roomers who case like once a week and circlejerk the rest of the time.

Which is why it will never happen. Removing anything is a chore and takes at least two weeks and a Google Survey, as long as AA purists are a minority they will never remove anything. We don't actually need to remove anything right now, Krieger was the only one that deserved to be removed and he for whatever reason was replaced with empty gifs in the last update.

>and he for whatever reason was replaced with empty gifs in the last update

Because that's the only way to remove him.

How/why did he get removed though? I don't think anyone made a removal poll for him?

There was a poll, but it didn't count because
>DENIED because this document is not made for removal, only addition. If you want to remove something, we can debate about how to do that in the thread or in-game
strawpoll.me/10375539/r
The majority still seemed to want him gone

>denies poll
>still removes him

because removal polls are now a thing, a retroactive major vote can be called upon.

How do I test songs in AO, peeps? Do I just add them into my music files?

You could temporarily replace an existing song.
Just remember to back up the file you replace.

For the sake of looping, I imagine that doesn't work.

Welp, I tried.

Looping is done server-side by specifying how long a song is. For example:

Questioning(AA).mp3*59

Will loop that song once it reaches the 59 seconds peak. Meaning that you can adjust it at your own side to see how much is the optimal looping point.

This also means that most of our songs can have their loops improved if anyone cares enough to see when the best moment to loop is. That is pretty difficult for 416 songs but at the very least possible for the main ones like questioning, logic, objection and trial.

Tsu and I have worked on most of the issues and suggestions, the new commands added are here:
docs.google.com/document/d/1unoLS1Km45lGXZVmudt-pcgeuZ7Mn3N14q0laWbQAW0

I'll probably set up a test server later tonight so you guys can try breaking things.
Also if you have any more suggestions or if you want to help out, the github is
github.com/AttorneyOnlineVidya/serverD

Really neat additions, but what about the docbombing issue? Will you be able to see who entered the command and match it up to when docs are being bombed?

All doc-related commands are being heavily logged, we will be able to pinpoint who had access to the doc very easily.

Of course, it requires people not to leak the doc OOC or IC, as then anyone has access to it again.

Building a case in area 3

Is there interest in a global chat? It consists of the capability of sending messages that appear in all areas. Something like:

Adachi from Courtroom 3: Hello AO
Gant from Courtroom 2: Hello

Of course, anyone who doesn't want to see those messages would be able to disable them with a command, this is only here for those interested in the possibility of multi-area chatting.

Poll: strawpoll.me/10499735

Server-only global chat sounds good.

I'm not sure what it would be used for that that "LFG" style area setter couldn't accomplish, but it wouldn't hurt.

Any response to ?
The other thread said this problem as well. I thought last exam was to put this time slot with a mod. This new mod is great one, but problem is if this is true and there have no mods when they are needed. If a spam was during a case instead of rec room what would happen?

The new mod is online at the intended time slot (European times). The time slot you speak about is the night crew times, and the exam never intended to get a mod for those times

With that said, I am working on it, I plan to get someone that can be online during those times very soon

Any cases/areas that need people?

Area 3, get in here.

>The time slot you speak about is the night crew times, and the exam never intended to get a mod for those times

>intended time zone was 10pm-12pm

if that isn't night crew then what is

Why don't we use versions of the ingame tracks that actually properly loop?

We from Vidya have teamed up with old AO developers to build a new client that we all always dreamed about. Whoever is interested in helping can contact me at Skype (lupadim) and I will add you to the team, any help is appreciated (sfx/art and mainly coding)

oh shit nigga

Anyone wanna start up a case? Give me an area.

Area 1.
I'll meet you there in a few.

>page 10

What's it coded in?

We're going with Python probably, still in the early stages of sorting everything out

Second witness needed in Area 1 before we can start.

Second wit still needed in area 1

There's a test server up with the new commands, please try things out and break shit if you can.

The list of commands are here: docs.google.com/document/d/1unoLS1Km45lGXZVmudt-pcgeuZ7Mn3N14q0laWbQAW0/

Why can't I see global lobby? I try to refresh but I never see anything.

Has this just started happening or has it always been like that?

Make sure you changed the masterserver IP to
0 = 51.255.160.217

When that happens to me it's usually just my own connection, and I restart the client (Or join in through favorites)

This fixed it. Guess I never got to correct the master server IP.

So what's the established meta right now?