/vn/ Death by Snu Snu edition

Visual Novel General #1113

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:

pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/playstation-e3-2016-press-conference-recap/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First thread and I already fucked up
Old thread:

it got deleted, good job retard

>14 posts early
>janitor deletes last thread

So how long will the wait be for the 18+ version of Grisaia no Meikyuu?

well shit.

How the fuck does that even make sense

He should have deleted the new one

i predict 2-3 months

-4 years.

Reminder to post in the real thread.

Just played the KARAKARA demo.
I liked most of it, the setting and music were good. I didn't like the sprites very much, but I can get used to it.
Thanks dovac

hey man da fuck

Who should I trust?

This.
If I read it early I can already tell the h-scenes are going to be a terrible experience for me when they do come out. I want to read the complete version for full immersion
Therefore I'm probably going to leave this place when it comes out because all-ages and I don't want to get spoiled while I wait for the real game.

This one of course. You don't want to post in a dead edition, do you? Embrace the snu

This thread has more posts, so screw the other one.

If you're too dumb to count the posts you're too dumb to post here.

Which one?

of course. OP hasn't been fucked by disgusting JOPs

Hint: look at the line
>This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.
and compare to the other thread

The loli hitler one, of course. I would fuck the nazi out of her

me on the right

Which one what?

Is this the smug girls vn?

Why do we need another one?

The one that gets maimed by a train.

So, hands-free blowjobs? nice

That was a bug in the demon right? it's pretty funny.

SPOILER THIS

the spaghetti in this route is 10/10

Frajola is so cute, man. I love that tuna eater

>There are people in this thread right now who advance text in VNs by pressing Enter instead of using their left mouse button

She's way cuter wider.

The fuck? Is this real? I thought this was a comfy vn.

>not using autohotkey to bind left click to a controller

Who are you eating right now?

we need to go wider

I saw this on /hgg/ too.

yukikaze copied bayonetta?

>not using xpadder and binding full full mouse functionality and essential kboard buttons to a controller of your choice

>xpadder
Fuckin' lol.
Why don't you install more bloatware while you're at it.

I use the mouse wheel to advance text

Which has the cutest girls

>bloatware
Xpadder is anything but

Sayonara o Oshiete

trackpad is suffering

Whatever you say, bud.

Steins;Gate spoilers.

People don't use auto? What?

>there are people who don't use their scrollwheel

I use a mac.

Alright /vn/, I require your assistance in my scientific research. Please tell me your favorite VN, and your most hated/disliked VN. Reasons why you like and hate them would be appreciated.

>mfw people don't use the spacebar to advance text

The problem with spacebar is that not every VN binds it to advance text, sometimes it hides text or does fuck nothing. Same thing with the direction arrows which are the objectively best way to advance text since you can use them to advance and check the backlog.

I must not play enough VN's, because I've never had that issue. Everything I've played/read just advances the text with Space, fastforwards with Ctrl, and arrows/scroll let you view the log.

Favorite: Baldr Sky
Least favorite out of those I have actually finished: GSen and Hello Lady
GSen for reasons that have been gone over repeatedly and Hello Lady because it was overrated chuunishit, had a fucking stupid ending, and was a predictable revenge story (hurr durr revenge doesn't pay who knew) trying to use pretentious hamlet references to pretend that knowing you're a cliche makes it okay to be a cliche.

Obviously there's lots of games that I didn't finish that are worse than both of those but they are just boring moege so there isn't anything to say there

SnU - Excellent quality for it's length.
Umineko - Ryukishi needs to get an editor who isn't dead.

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/playstation-e3-2016-press-conference-recap/

Sekai project actually getting mentions in the E3 recap who woulda thunk?

Moogy-denka absolutely BTFOing EOPs.

>tfw stupid EOP
wat do?

Just finished all the Euphoria routes. Kept holding out hope that one route would be better than rest. Saved the true route for last since it was supposed to be best. Almost as disappointing as the ending of Fallout 4. What a waste of time. I wish I had those 2 days back.

Probably go with Sengoku Rance, just because the sheer quantity of girls. One is always bound to be cuter than some other game, no matter what your tastes. I mean, there's at least 50 different girls with art.

Yuri bump

das gaaaay

Wow, user is posting tweets from e-celebs on Veeky Forums.

Too bad moogy stopped being relevant years ago :(

favorite:
ef - a fairy tale of the two
God-tier art and music made an otherwise unnotable melodrama stand out
Other popular novels like the ones by Stephen King have many sad deaths, but ef gave me a bigger emotional reaction than any of the other deaths

runner up:
eden* because it's made by the same company as ef and has an adorable loli

least favorite:
Narcissu
overhyped as hell

Seems like it made you pretty bh'd.

>favorite
Undertale, I was a hater at first but after playing it I fucking loved it.

>least favorite
ML series, incredibly overrated and just a fucking drag to get through.

>spacebar
Why would I want to hide the textbox every time I'm trying to advance text?

Saya no Uta: it's good
Demonbane: it's shit

>ef - a fairy tale of the two
>God-tier [...] music

I have a few songs from the soundtrack in my library. What makes that unique, is it's the ONLY VN music I have in my 2500-strong music library after clearing over 100 VNs. I don't why. It was just a damn good soundtrack.

Clicking is too noisy

Demonbane: it's good
Saya no Uta: it's shit

Favorite: Osananajimi wa Daitouryou. And I realize how retarded this sounds, but hear me out. It's not exactly high-art or a soul-shattering experience. But it is flawless in its execution of what it's supposed to be - a fun, fluffy slice-of-life piece. The art, music, story, characters (and character-realism), routes, humor, writing, choices, everything. It nailed everything perfectly. It is a template on how to make make that style of VN. The entire time I was going through it, I felt like I was having a blast. It blows every other VN of the same catagory out of the water. I expect and bow to critism for that choice. I won't argue. It's just my opinion, and I prefer VNs of that kind so I'm biased.

Least Favorite: Yume Miru Kusuri
Why: It tried to force you to feel emotion, but it did it so unrealistically that it was insulting. Like the girl that was being bullied and gangraped and none of the teachers or authorities wanted to get involved because the students were scary. Even then, no one notices the gang rape on the roof (complete with weapons) or criminal-level bullying and assault. Stuff of the sort. It was all so exaggerated. Absolute shit writing. You don't need a story to be realistic, but you do need the characters to act and react like a normal human would. If a school faculty isn't intervening on a gang rape, you need a better reason then "they were scared" because that is not believable and tanks the entire plot. This game made me angry because I wanted it to be good. It just pissed me off that it was so terribly written.

pic is part of my VNDB.

>Clicking is too noisy

A lot of VNs will let you use the wheel-scroll-down instead of clicking, which is very nice for that problem. You could even use AHK to make all VN's do it, but that's another thread. I have a really loud mouse I keep in the bedroom for my laptop that is annoying. My living room mouse is nice and quiet.

Favorite: MLA

Least Favorite: either YMK or Euphoria

Ikikoi

lol bad taste

>MLA

I finished that like 2 years ago and I am still torn on whether or not I liked it. Some of it was really awesome, like the first time the protag went through the academy after already knowing everything and just tore it up like a madman and the trips back to his home world. That was a lot of fun.

But other times, I swear I was mentally checking my watch to see how long it had been. Like at the very end, at the climax of the action when speed was of the essence and everything was going to shit, the characters decide to stop and talk to the core for like 45 minutes while at the same time being impaled against a wall. Everytime you thought they were done, they'd start talking again like a pastor in church on easter.

>lol bad taste

or, you know, people liking different things. don't worry yourself over it. if we were all meant to be the same, the question of favorite/least favorite would never have been asked.

i bet your selections are just as shitty to us. but we're wrong, right?

Lol shit taste

What is Maitetsu about?

I normally judge stuff by how much they manage to keep my interest. MLA had me glued to my screen for 3 days and I was a soulless husk by the end of it. That's why it is my favorite.

YMK on the other hand I had to force myself to keep reading because I literally couldn't give a single fuck about the characters and everything they did was absolutely retarded. Also imouto didn't have a route which felt like wasted potential.

Favorite - Tsukihime
Least favorite - G-Senjou

Yeah same here. The whole trilogy kept me pretty interested. I liked Extra too.

Train infodumps and lolicon pandering.

>anime ass

Fav: ikinari anata ni koishiteiru
Least Fav: root double

日本語は難しいですね

>Koiken Otome progess finally updated
>2% QC done in 2 weeks

loving every laugh

>Otome

Fuck off to blog with that shit.

Literally a never ever

The real reason they are taking so long is because they are in negotiation with Sekai Project.

D-don't say that.

But I do trust others; just not the French.

Kazamis sister Nagisa is the killer.

Yuuri Kotono is the killer.