Dead By Daylight /dbdg/

>/dbdg/ Dead by Daylight General #6
>Old general:

Posters given away for best beta players edition

>>What is Dead by Daylight?
>Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them
>>Sounds like evolve
>It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.
>>General info
>Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
>Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD
>Pastebin with all of the values for Cheat Engine (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6
>>Official site
>deadbydaylight.com/
>>Video of the thread
>youtube.com/watch?v=JGhIXLO3ul8

I love Meg!

>game starts
>hear chainsaw
fucking retard
>see traps
easy game
>hear bell
god fucking damn it kill yourself you broken piece of shit

The Wraith is difficult to hide from but very easy to window hop to the point where they give up and search for someone else.

The Trapper is easily the most dangerous in the long run.

>Wraith is hard
>Hillbilly isn't hard to juke out when he charges
are you fucking mentally handicapped

Why is almost entire OP green?
Who are you quoting? OP can't into greentext.

Crossposting so people see this and stop complaining about pips/ranking.

what the fuuck

But it make you look good.

>not chainsaw motorboating from gen to gen to instill fear immediately

>thinks wraith is OP
lol

Anyways, does anyone else feel kind of like a complete ass when you kill the only dude doing anything for the survivors? I cant bring myself to just let them win, but I always feel so bad when I'm putting them up on a hook.

The website says something about how you "gain pips" based on how many ranks you had in the previous season. I don't know what that means, or if you start a new season with like a higher rank or something idk.

Fuck autowreckers

So why doesn't it like I don't know, rank people actually? Why is so hard to break into 19 and down if its all resetting at the end of the month anyways. They should be using the ranking system more loosely so I can see who stands out.

That kinda sucks because I like the slight competitive aspect it gave the game.

>wraith
>good
Meanwhile i'm just juking here with my windows and premonition, Loving every laugh

I love... whoever that is!
Cute futa librarian survivor when?

Because the ranking system is purely tied to earning bloodpoints. It's not like the ranking system actively resists letting you rank based off of some kind of ELO system, it's just that bloodpoints are hard to get if you fucking suck.

>first game as Killer
>go Hillbilly because chensaw
>just randomly charging across the map and finding survivors
>the dumbasses hide like 3 feet away from generators when I come to inspect
>THEY BELIEVE PALLETS CAN SAVE THEM
>MERCILESS VICTORY

Too bad literally everyone I see is 20, thats it, all day 20.

I see maybe 1 or 2 19's and I've seen like one person out of my eight hours with a 16 I think.

Where is that pic even from? Also why the fuck does it seem like there are almost no different cosmetic items? How come we can't make Dwight look like the dude bro from the CGI intro? Or Claudette into Moniqe with a sassy bandanna wrapped around her head.

What the fuck, either that shit is behind a dozen prestige walls or it's just not there which would be fucking stupid because even dumb things like unlocking a new hat or hair do can really make you feel like you're progressing and make a game better, not that this game even needs bullshit like that but still.

I wanna play dress up with Meg.

what is reading comprehension? you prob play hillybilly you mongoloid

I WANT A NEW MASK FOR EVAN THE GENTLEMAN

>Where is that pic even from?
Their (bad) launch trailer.

>Also why the fuck does it seem like there are almost no different cosmetic items?
DLC

>I wanna play dress up with Meg.
Play The Sims.
My Meg is really pretty.

>You think wraith is hard
>You think a good trapper is easy
You are actually fucking stupid

>hillybilly
lol
for real though why are people shitting on hillbilly so much, hes fucking fun to play and an amazing killer

Because he's not the Trapper.

So?
Hillbilly is better on some maps for sure.
Trapper is a strong character for sure, but so is hillbilly.
Wraith I'm not sure about because I haven't played him at all.

Hillbilly's also completely shat on if you go to the Ironworks.

Wraith is bad, don't bother playing him.

Sorry but if you think Wraith is OP you're literally fucking terrible.

>See GIANT DISTORTED BLOB OF AIR running at you
>do nothing
>HEAR BELLS RINGING RIGHT ON TOP OF YOU FOR THREE SECONDS WHILE HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU
>do nothing
>die
>WOOOOOOOOOOOW

are you literally DSP?

Trapper is either a sophisticated tactician or a braindead retard, depending on who's playing.
Wraith is either a spoopy stalker or a braindead retard, depending on who's playing.
Hillbilly is either a braindead retard or a braindead retard, depending on who's playing.

Maybe you're just not very good at him, I've played plenty of ironworks and havent lost there yet

Why does hillbillies perks suck so much?

He had to suck out food from a keyhole so maybe that's why.

>tfw 3 on the hook at once

Do people just assume the Killer is deaf or something?

I try to find them after a game and tell them they did good, little feel-good vibe you know?

What are the trapper perks? I've heard they're the best.

No. I don't. They get the hook like all the rest.

>win 2 games
>pass the diamond both times with about 13k~ points
>go down 2 ranks

Yeah ok

Do perks ever get used up?

So is the whole
>start lobby as killer
>wait for people to join
>leave lobby
>bring to KYF lobby
>invite friend
thing no longer working?
I just gifted to a friend thinking we could do this but I'm unable to get it to work, when I click leave lobby as killer it doesn't bring anyone with me..

No.

Wow, this save is OP as fuck. How the hell did this guy get so many Rare and Ultra Rare perks. I decided "fuck it" and used it since I figured I deserved some BP for my 10 hours since release but holy hell this is just waaaay OP. I feel bad just having like a page and half of perks, I can only imagine how many people used this save.

So are Killer addons permanent or only used for that round like sacrifices?

Which save?

>Trapper
>2 left, both injured
>Put traps on both exits
>Go to one
>See a claudette operating the box without getting caught
>She runs from me
>She runs right over my trap and ignores it
>Dwight eventually runs to that switch and gets trapped as soon as he gets off the switch
>Claudette escapes
What the fuck is this shit

What? No, go away Entity. This is my stuff.

>tfw you actually managed to blind the killer and juke his blind attack
Feels good man

user please I'm just curious, I've already got insidious 2 iron grasp 2 and brutal 3

user, please don't be that guy. I just want to play the game.

>tfw they blind you but then run in a corner right infront of you

>two toolboxfags
>i proceed to just straight butcher the jake and one of the dwights right off
>splatch meg and the other dwight, let dwight wiggle out so i can hook him on a hook closeby
>the next 10 minutes are me trying to carry meg to a hook and her insistently wriggling out and running back to the hookless corner of the map
>no generators were done, so no hatch
>eventually leave her to bleed out

Mr. McGee, if you're reading this, I salute you for your tenacity.

But next time just get on the hook where you belong.

How do I backup my save? I just read a post about some guy getting wiped and I don't want that. It's not in My Games or anything, anyone know where this save is?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\53265679\381210

The 53265679 might be different for you though.

Thanks m8.

So does rank matter for something?

Not in the slightest!

Doesn't make Killers that ragequit any less annoying though.

>This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile.
?

>it's a "3 skill checks in a row episode"
Let me scratch already game holy funk

>I tried getting a save that was level 10 because I'm lazy
>Wipe all my progress

The 450k blood points one. I alrready deleted it sorry.

>it's a 3 skill checks at the beginning of the circle in a row starting immediately after you jump on a gen that's nearly done episode

how to get more points in brutality and hunter? I chased a guy around for way longer than I needed to and didn't get shit

Brutality usually comes from hitting people, which means to max it you're forced to let people heal up and get off hooks.

Hunter requires you to find people, not chase them.

How to make Wraith not garbage.

>Stealth is made actual invisibility until a certain distance
>25% faster uncloaking

Bam.

Fucking faggot killers keep disconnecting every time I use an ultra rare offering.

Keep doing it niggers, I'll keep backing up my save.

Too casual. Give it a faster movement speed immediately after uncloaking for a few seconds.

>Hunter requires you to find people, not chase them.
I find people all the time. Otherwise I couldn't put them on hooks.

I would very much like it if the invisibility was way more potent at a range.

The uncloaking isn't much of an issue, in my opinion. I tend to get up people's asses before I uncloak and I can get a hit off pretty much right away.

Right, but you only get 250 points for finding them. And to get another 250 points you have to completely lose them then find them again.

You need 5k to max it.

afaik if the killer leaves the lobby before you do you go down 1 instead of up

Does anyone else have problems seeing anything in the game? Mostly on the piss filter maps like autohaven wreckers or the farm. I can see in the estate fine because there's no retarded filter over everything but since half the maps have it I'm running blind most of the time.

>Terrible at evading killer
>Good at hiding and getting generators running
>Every single game ends with me being the last player, winning or losing with only one generator left

I really wish I could do a different playstyle, like helping people off hooks, but it always ends with me getting knocked down or hooked, usually without even helping them off

Wait for someone to run a distraction before going in then.

Shit after actually looking it up I meant Autohaven, not ironworks.

Wraith's home, not Evan's. It has a shitton of turns and obstacles that fuck over Hillbilly's chainsaw.

Where's the lewdfics

The lewd has gone away, user.

Just non-lewd now.

>teamwork renders game unplayable

No wonder it's so cheap.

Never ever.

Teamwork can't save you from a chainsaw.

But it's been out for like a week.

Beyond anything else, the Wraith needs to be harder to see while invisible.
>If the Wraith is invisible while camping a hook, you can easily run in and save them while he decloaks
>Still ended up letting somebody die because I couldn't believe that the camping Wraith was that easy to see and thought he was toggling his bell to try and bait me

He shouldn't get an uncloak buff though. There's already addons that do it, and the Wraith becomes ridiculous with them.

How about his cloak being true stealth when he's standing still?

just like to make a shitposting formal apology
today as the wraith I killed 3/4 survivors before they managed to get a single genny. There was no hatch option. I toyed with my food so much that game. lel

The problem he has is that it's the chameleon/predator type cloak. It's always easy to see when running around, but the Wraith is actually pretty damn hard to see as it is when he's not moving, unless he's standing in a really bad spot. I've ran into a Wraith standing still because he blended in so well.

>There was no hatch option.
What's the deal with this anyway? Does it not always spawn?

>30 seconds into match, all three team mates have been basement hooked

STOP TRYING TO BE A FUCKING HERO

It doesn't open unless there are two (Depending on survivors in game) generators left.

Holy shit, I just finished the tensest, hardest match I've ever had.

>I'm rank 18, lobby with I'm cool with it because rank is just a number
>2 die after a bit, leaving 2 generators to do between a low level Jake and I
>finish the genny and start hunting for the next one

>wraith has an easy patrol route, just cloaks and bounces between the 3, making it goddamn impossible
>Jake is hiding in a closet like a pussy, I keep dipping in to try a generator but Wraith won't fuck off
>become juke god, transcend silly humanerror
>a piece of me hopes that Jake just kicks the bucket so that I may take the hatch way out, my life is constantly on the line

>Jake finally grows some balls (possibly due to my bravado) and starts trying a genny
>Wraith almost has my ass, but he is apparently blind
>heal up as a heavenly ring goes out
>watch from a hill as injured Jake gets the door open just before the Wraith butt fucks him

>standing
>on the edge
>of escape
>like the prophets once said

>decide, "fuck it this kid did a genny and that was good enough for me"
>hauls ass back to where the wraith is
>dummy cloaks after hooking and tries to patrol
>let Jake off the hook, we split
>easy juke and sprint to the exit, no clue where my hurt baby is
>press spectate only to see him make the exit with his entrails on the floor and the Wraith taking swings

I just made a new players' day, and he made mine. I'm definitely touching myself tonight.

>tfw you pre-rev your chainsaw so you can smack a survivor that's trying to hop through a window

So, what's a map you'd like to see but probably never will?

Large 7+story parking garage

An abandoned highway with a diner and gas station as landmarks.

Does this shit have an anti-cheat system yet?

>tfw you let a survivor think he's getting away so he can walk right into your trap

>constantly get Merciless Victory with all sacrifices
>haven't gotten the 4 sacrifice achievement yet

Little weird.

>45 seconds
>4 generators are up
Yeah I think this is the one time I'll leave

>tfw you chase him into a shack that's been double trapped
>tfw he knows he's fucked

These people keep joining then leaving right away...I'm assuming they're looking for their friends?

Because they keep bugging the fucking lobby and it drives me nuts.

you can still teamwork if you're not a dumbass
you just can't call out to your teammate from across the map to make an easy victory

It's bugged.

Only useable in the following cases.
1. you use a skeleton key like a little bitch
2. you are the final living survivor
3. there must be 3 generators operating for it to spawn.

They think they can find their friends in a sea of thousands. They're stupid.

I am a leaver if im paired with 3 other level 1's.
fuck it, im not risking my med kit and an add on just so 3 level 1 shitters can hide in the corners while im starting gennys and getting hooked. A good balance is 2 high level people (level 15+) one shitter level 1, and then 1 wild card level. I usually sacrafice the level 1.

What's disturbing is that the vast majority of players do this.

But medkit/addons are a dime a dozen. And you can do 3 - 4 gennies in the time it takes them all to die, not counting one or two they may manage themselves. Plus, they always drag all the attention.

I love level ones.