/lite/ Rogue-lite General

50 50 Edition

>What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics.

>/NTG/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/pkBLXYjp

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

sorry I was gone for so long

Other urls found in this thread:

gungeoneers.com/
bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Binding_of_Isaac:_Rebirth_Wiki
enterthegungeon.gamepedia.com/Enter_the_Gungeon_Wiki
nuclear-throne.wikia.com/wiki/Nuclear_Throne_Wiki
pastebin.com/D7i92gmN
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder there is a dedicated fourm to Enter The Gungeon if you want more gungeon related content.
gungeoneers.com/

Have some wikis too
bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Binding_of_Isaac:_Rebirth_Wiki
enterthegungeon.gamepedia.com/Enter_the_Gungeon_Wiki
nuclear-throne.wikia.com/wiki/Nuclear_Throne_Wiki

I-is it back?

As long as nothing goes wrong yes

It's good to be back!

Tfw you get 20 guns

tfw when you win

Tfw you have to kill 30 shambling rounds

I hate everything right now. This is torture

I have a similar issue with the Unstoppable achievement in NT. Can't seem to get melting in the right place and right time

Here is the other half of my items I had that run in case you were interested. I will never have another run that lucky again. Got seven leaf clover first chest, and clone the second. Too bad the Lich was not unlocked at that time.

like when you don't have the polaroid yet you still went to the cathedral happened more than once

I feel your pain on that one. I should have become skeleton 7 times on that run. I technically died 3 times in the circle but I had Strong spirit and the freaks were giving me health packs every 5 kills... Then when I got it down to 2 necromancers, 1 ran into me after I destroyed my strong spirit, and the other one was in a hallway all alone and ran into me after literally 3 minutes of me trying to get it to go up.

Post small things that bother you
>petrified poop doesn't work on poo enemies

>Chicken Ultra "Harder to kill", the screen does not move around with your character after you die

How long do we have to keep this on life support before more people join in on the discussion?

It's late so a little bit plus most think the general is dead

also I dislike that transformations new to afterbirth are locked away from vanilla

Well, I notified a few NT/EtG/Isaac players I have on steam that it is not dead. It is pretty late though. I just don't want it to die again. I don't belong on /indie/, too many games I haven't played.

I can bump all night

>Edmund considered the trinkets as items when announcing Afterbirth with tons of new items.
So can I, I have NT and EtG to 100% anyways. I am a completionist when it comes to these kinda games.

Been a while since I've had an actual discussion instead of seeing just shitposting.

Well lite and ntg were some of the most focused generals for discussing games and shitposting can be kept to a minimum if you divert the conversation to the game

oh and
>hivemind doesn't affect distant admiration or any other fly companion

True.

Also, Ideaot has to step up their game if I am almost beating them.
>tfw you almost beat Ideaot
8th place in that weekly!

>100 dollar steak eaten in 1 bite.

Horheristo is a mystery. How does he do it?

Is it crazy that I am hoping to beat his record at some point? I am getting better at the game very quickly, went from trouble with L1 to getting to L2 almost L3 constantly.

Also the 2 elite inspectors pulled me into the vans. The first 1 destroyed my Strong spirit, the second one killed me...

Speaking of character ideas

Nuclear Throne could use a good melee-focused character
and no, Chicken doesn't count, because Chicken is shit

maybe something like

Starts with screwdriver instead of revolver
Slightly longer melee range by default (like half the bonus you get from Long Arms, I'm thinking)
Slightly faster melee attack rate (20% faster, maybe?)
Decreased ammo caps for everything except Energy (155 for bullets, 33 for everything else, and Back Muscle would bring this back up to 255/55)

no idea what good ultras would be for this

Well, faster reload speed could be one, and more melee drops/higher tier melee drops only could be the other maybe?

I think Ultras would have to be transformative to how melee works.
So how about one that makes energy melee weapons take less ammo to use and another that makes melee weapons deflect EVERY projectile and knockback enemies
The thronebutt could be an increase to melee damage or a wider swing instead of a longer one

faster attacks could be the TB, and the Ultra A could be something like increased damage for all melee weapons

TB: Faster swing time
Ultra A: Increased melee damage for all melee weapons
Ultra B: Increased melee range ??

Would that be good?

Maybe for Ultra B a w i d e r swing, maybe 1.5 times as wide?

if increased melee range is already a passive and stacks with Long Arms, another range increase might be OP.

how about
TB: Faster swings
Ultra A: Increased damage, melee weapons knock enemies back
Ultra B: Energy melee weapons consume half ammo and reflect projectiles directly back at their attacker

Ultra A: Swings are twice as long and deal more damage
Ultra B: Swings are twice as wide and deflect EVERYTHING

I have an idea.
Passive: Melee weapons have a chance to do extra damage, starts with a melee (screwdriver?)
Active: Time stop/slow It would work well to deflect bullets if needed.
TB: Move regularly while time is slowed
I like your idea for the Ultras.

Maybe someone can suggest it to the remix people?

TB: Faster Swings
Ultra A: Swings are twice as long and deal more damage
Ultra B: Swings are twice as wide, deflect everything, and knockback enemies

Sounds good to me.

So you're saying old chicken's active? That would work really well with this setup

Yeah, that is exactly why I suggested it. I never understood why they removed it, so I figured it could be added back in this way. It would definitely work.

If everyone agrees on something, all we need is a name for the character and it could be added to the character ideas, right?

Also
>hematosis heals a half heart

I suggest we name it Assassin and the skin can be like the assassins that play dead.
The B skin can be a jungle assassin

Fun. Is it just me or does it seem like crowns give you way more unfair spawns? Doesn't bother me either way, just curious.

I like it. I mean, there is a character idea that's named crow (like from the scrapyard). So it wouldn't be too out there if that was accepted by /ntg/ and /lite/

I think it's just random
unless you use crown of blood

>Freaks never try to kill you when you need them to
trying to get skeleton

>devil deal chance is random

>assassins can hit you as soon as they see you

>4 unique IPS

just let this general die already

Never. There will be more people the later in the day it gets. It is 3:47 AM EST right now.

It's early

hey man it's a part, we 5 boys

Everything hurts.

I feel like this game is giving me bad spawns on purpose now, all I want to do is unlock skeleton. Had 2 rad scorpions in my face on this level directly at spawn. And I had at least 26 crystals at the cheese caves last run. Almost got teleported into at least 40 times.

we penta now

Gave up on Skeleton for now.

This might just be the most overpowered setup I have ever had, besides my melee weapon of course, I could use a shovel or something.

$100 steak.

1 bit

We hexa now

Isaac, now with 3 billion trinkets, and no way to know what they do

oh man that grind was real. on a positive note, i got real good at the third chamber with the sword now

Heh, I have a friend that is a walking wiki when it comes to Isaac, any time I need to know what anything does, I just ask them.

I am at like 21 out of 30 or something right now. I am too busy playing NT trying to get Skeleton to complete that though. This is enraging

Why do I find this so tempting?

On a side note, I am swinging faster than the speed of light right now with this wrench at 1 health.

Making an article on roguelites but I'm going to summarize, if you want variety play Isaac, if you want fast paced action, choose Nuclear Throne, if you are skilled and want something to challenge you, choose either Spelunky or Enter The Gungeon

Can I read the article when you are done with it?

sure

>tfw trying to do Everything Hurts
end my suffering

Who is the best character and why is it rebel?

Rebel is pretty neat but I think Robot is just actually better
eating guns is actually the best thing of any character I think
it just does so much

I agree that eating guns is pretty overpowered, but this isn't even post loop right here and I have the Ultra already. Plus, infinite body shields, infinite bullets killing enemies, you can't lose.

pastebin.com/D7i92gmN

is this overpowered or what

>tfw you get a gun

>Tfw you apparently die to your own melee weapon

Did you have any motherfuckers present? One of your motherfuckers could have fired at the shield.

I feel like the lesser amount of ammo is a suitable downside to this, therefore it isn't op, it is balanced.

No, none at all. I am absolutely furious, this was one of the best runs I could have ever had mutation and weapon wise and this shit ruins it. Time to start all over I guess...

That is a really cool looking assassin by the way.

Alrighty, for those of you who haven't been keeping up with current happenings in the Nuclear Throne community,

>YellowAfterLife alias "Some Wizard" decompiles and reassembles Nuclear Throne Update 98, and begins modding it
>Vlambeer's lawyers say "no," but Rami says "why not"
>Online Co-Op mod piggybacking off of Steamworks begins development, still in development but stuck in legal limbo until the legal shit gets ironed out

>Features:
>Replays
>Online Co-Op
>Skeleton and Frog playable from the start
>Fixed Corrupted Crown Vaults, Throne II crash, Portals spawning on the wrong side of the desert, etc
>Chat commands to set starting weapons, crowns, the color of your healthbar, etc

The biggest downside here is how the networking works: the host client will slow itself and other players down when one player is lagging, similar to how it did in Wasteland Kings Together (which was made by the same modder). It also requires a legal copy of NT since it piggybacks off the Steamworks API, so it sucks to suck if you don't own a copy yourself.

horwhoshisname has been doing co-op twitch streams if you want to get a good scope of how it runs. Shit to look forward to.
This is your resident WKModder, btw. I still don't have anything worth showing.

Finally, if rami takes consideration and makes Nuclear Throne either open source or gets the community to make updates then the game will live much longer

There's been a lot of activity in the modding community lately. Irons are in the fire, but none of them involve update 98 yet.

So, is there anywhere to download it right now? I want to play multiplayer NT real bad, and I don't want to have to have my friends come over here every time to do it.

Wasted has a special item in it

No.

Currently it's just a beta handed around exclusively in the thronebutt crew and their posse.

>thronebutt crew and their posse
seems like a job for dan backslide

How many hours have you logged?

why the fuck did you bring it back we're just gonna die again
stop delaying the inevitable
also
>some attentionwhore tripfag already tripfagging
amazing

Someone seems to bring it back every once in awhile, enjoy it while it's here

hey as long as someone is bumping the thread I don't care if it's a tripfag

So I just learned that you can use the Little Bomber can open up secret rooms

Bump

Worst Designed Enemy?

Most spider enemies in Isaac because of how erratically they move

why do people compare Gungeon and Nuclear Throne so much? Spelunky and Gungeon are more similar, at least design wise

bump

bump

Any Gungeon secrets or mechanics I can exploit? I picked up the game a few days ago after getting bored of Isaac and wew lad I fucking suck.

git gud

see
but just keep trying. use your starting pistol as much as you can to conserve ammo, it's a good gun if you git gud

is afterbirth worth the money or should I just keep it vanilla

it's DEFINITELY not worth the money, pirate it if you really want it/completely finish vanilla and want fatmund to jizz on your $100 steak.

>Afterbirth +
>$200 Steak