/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Maintenance Edition

>Summary from the latest Live Letter:
pastebin.com/x3petsBx (embed)

>Current Event - Summer DLC Campaign (June 14—27)
ffxivredeem.com/

>Patch Notes:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/197e9c8b2f04efdecffe26bebe43b40551d1e3e8

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/p88PqskL

>Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression and Level Locked Content
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1555706/
en.ff14housing.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hyur boypussy

tfw no lala gf

Why am I unfit...

naka bp

that was easy

I wish Lalas had those proportions ingame instead of the bloated gay children we have.

xth for worst dungeon

Xth for Help me

Also is there an update/fix tonight or is it just maint?

xth for the rare, elusive male lala

Wao, who is that cute elezen maid?

mid

>desperate schfag kazegami trying to shit on other classes
what a shock

>men surrounding another man

What makes catboys in this game so abusable?

There's usually one that always spam /shout with some nonsense, not thaat rare.

Get out of my head!

he is pretty bad

XIV'th for good morning EU

>draw a girl
>call it a boy
Now everything is abusable.

Thanks for look at us like that, user u3u

>I just finished the main story and wanted to know where I need to go from here.
This link:
ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression and Level Locked Content
has a list of all the unlockables you may have missed or you may want to do.

It all depends if you have the expansion or not. You don't have it? Then unlock every lv 50 dungeon, including the 24-man raid, Crystal Tower. If you have the expansion, these things can wait, instead, do the sidequests that will lead you to the Heavensward content. These are a lot of quest, btw.

>I'm going to assume I am too late to jump on the Alexander bandwagon.
You're right on time for Alex bandwagon, what you miss is the Coil of Bahamut bandwagon

But why does it specifically have to be that way?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only reasons SCH are the de facto "dps healer" is because 3 of their 4 DoTs require no accuracy and that their fairy provides unhindered healing support concurrently with your damage output?

Having the fairy not cheat and ignore Cleric Stance doesn't mean SCH just has to keep playing as discount SMN. People might just have to brace themselves for the fact that their playstyle might not remain 100% the same with a few numbers shifted around.

>Kazegami spends six hours shitposting about ast and defending whm
>doesn't even have whm leveled

wow, all opinions immediately discarded

Good morning user.
I haven't even gone to bed yet.

Dressed up potato

>Then realize they're opinions, silly boy.
When people have to go "well, that's just your opinion" it's the most hilarious thing in the world. As if it's anything of substance. Obviously it's a fucking opinion because it came out of my fucking mouth and isn't something we have the means to scientifically verify.

>but they're just as easily all countered with facts from the otherside

There is one fact that hasn't been countered no matter how times I present it. Why are there more WHM clears than AST clears? We're over halfway into the raid tier and WHM still has 20x more clears than AST.

"b-b-but AST is just as good for progression!"
then why do most of these AST clears only appear late in the patch? Why are most of them WHMs switching to give someone a good parse? Somehow I'm wrong about AST being bad, yet all the real data seems to indicate it. People playing the game and beating hard content don't play AST, but AST is somehow perfectly fine

You're not in the EU though right?
Because that would be really unhealthy...

I want more collars...

and the autist is still going

amazing isnt it?

They are a demon elezen. Do not fall under their sway.

Donut abuse the male cats.

catboys were made for petting and cuddles. no lewd

dont abuse cats

I must see that au ra's face.

>has whm only at level 38
>thinks he can actually speak about healer playstyle or how ast and whm are the same class

you have got to be fucking kidding

>anons can't actually contribute to the argument
>they proceed to attack the person rather than talk about the game

This is what we refer to as a logical fallacy.

I've never had the ability to try AST but I have been interested in it. WHM I have used more than once in leveling my SCH and perhaps I have not gotten far enough with WHM but it seems relatively easy in comparison to something like SCH. I was doing the last two dungeons of the msq and kind of choked due to there being so many different people on the list at once and not being sure of who I should prioritize healing. The eight man thing is going to take getting used to, but so far I see SCH as a fun class in comparison to WHM.

I am looking forward to giving AST a try for the first time as well.

Thanks for the other responses too guys, but

what does this mean? Unlock everything?

>watching these people arguing the merits of AST
>tfw just want to play AST because it has the stylistically best animations and a great weapon.

Life is suffering.

It's OK, my sleep schedule is flipped to shit but I still sleep a normal amount of time.

>Lalafell will never fuck off back to /terag/ because Elin are all female and Lalafell players are all gay toddlercons.

non

That's not Halatali normal.

Only the ones that lack the spirit to save the good peoples from the great tides of evil and cruelty that sweeps across the lands.

Why not just play AST anyway if you like how it feels? I'm no raider but unless playing AST is costing you a spot in a group or something I don't see the issue

Make sure you buy the expansion as soon as you can so the remaining ARR quests give you experience and you don't have to go through as much of the drag that is HW leveling.

Refer to the link posted by for what people mean by "unlocking everything".

>People arguing
It's literally one person insisting AST is bad. AST is a good class in Diurnal Sect. Don't let others meme you out of playing a class you like. That's stupid.

that's easy enough since i'm also actively posting

it's no big deal

I went to bed at 1900 last night and just got up at 0730
I was knackered.
Make sure you dont ruin yourself with that schedule! Is it for work?

but if AST is good why does no one play it?

who's the hyur

Weren't you on Shiva or something?

I knew you were around Pops

hey kazegami i mean (((shimakaze)))

can u write a thesis statement on why u think ast is bad

like can u reach max character count and post all ur (((evidence))) over 10 consecutive posts on why u think ast is bad

maybe people will take u seriously :)

have you reached level 60 whm since you posted last kazegami

or are you going to desperately continue to shitpost about how the class is bad

>whm level 38
>insinuates he knows everything about class balance
what a fucking joke, neck yourself

worse, m a t e u s .

i wish i knew german

Star Globes are awful though.

Every other class has decent, down to earth weapons that server their purpose. They may have sparkly/glowing versions at end game, but if you see an NPC with a spear or a wand, it looks reasonable.
Every star glove is needlessly flashy. Why does a simple weapon have to be floating up from the user's hand? Why do the cards have to constantly be rotating around? The card sheath is fine but the globe is just obnoxious and annoying.

katja

You lewd a catboy. Don't lie to us.

What job has the best lore? What job has the best overall aesthetic/animations?

Elins are ugly. They hace horrible proportions and ugly faces. Also is a shitty game. They are 100% sexual and 0% cute.

FFXIV is comfy and Lalas are qt ~

I hope you bully that random person you found on lodestone. It would be pretty funny for me

You look strikingly similar to me and and another hyur, it's a little unnerving.

I'll just quit if they nerf WAR or SCH.

Literally the only 2 jobs in the game with fun and varied playstyles, and the devs are too retarded to bring the rest up to par so lol just nerf them right guys?

Why even bother with stance/role swapping at all? Just force every single job in the game to play around their designated DPS/Tank/Healer functions so the last few drops of fun are finally sucked out of the game so we can just quit already.

Remove cleric stance, remove deliverance, chance brd into ranger and remove songs. There, now the game is perfect and everyone gets to play exactly the same way, but with different looking gear.

these are bait

have a (You) for getting triggered at game discussion

I was on that same boat for a few months until I just started playing the fucking job.
Despite all the trash talking about it, I found it to be a lot more fun and rewarding than WHM because of its mechanics, not just the animations and theme.
Haven't had any trouble finding a static, either, most groups don't mind having an AST and the DPS will suck your dick if you feed them balances.

Because most people just prefer to play WHM and there is still a stigma about AST that can't be disproven as easily as by just showing how BRD has higher DPS than MCH after the patch.

To be fair most hyur look very similar! It's like the family curse.

but if AST is GOOD and people know it's good why do they play WHM? Are there any WHMs/ASTs here that have beaten a8s? Can you explain why you chose the job you did for it?

>stigma

Come on, we already talked about this.

It's been a year since HW has released and PLD, MNK, and MCH have all become relevant again, despite their stigma. Why can't AST players do the same?

Whoa, who let this shit opinion through the door?

The star globe is quite honestly the best weapon in the game. It's small, but it's eye catching and completely represents the class.

I'm so happy it's unique and not something boring like the SCH book, where everything is literally

>A BOOK WITH A FEATHER

Shit, give me flashiness over that boring ass shit any day.

who is this oddly adorable onion knight. also I agree that elins are not cute at all and completely over sexualized, while lala are cute and and only sexualized when filth like jaiba dresses them up that way.

I would agree, but you basically just said SCH/SMN books are decent, down to earth weapons when they're the most trash tier form of a weapon in any game ever.

>watching Death Stranding trailer
>again

At least SMN books look different.

What bookcases are those? I need those in my room.

Have fun quitting in 3.4 or 4.0 then, when they literally nerf SCH for being too powerful. Yoshi P already pretty much confirmed it, toss this

>boo boo poor SCH

Shit in the garbage on your way out.

>quitting if your overpowered jobs get nerfed
Do us all a favor and just unsub now please.

literally nobody's asking for those things you clod. i'd claw my fucking eyes out if healer jobs didn't have cleric stance, I just don't think SCH should be the only one who gets to cheat it.

don't bother her please she doesn't even come here

kazegami is a literal joke

some user has exposed him and its quite funny seeing all the damage control

Who the fuck is talking about WHM/AST?

>Why can't AST players do the same?

>can't be disproven as easily as by just showing how BRD has higher DPS than MCH after the patch.

Yep. I stop sometimes whenever I go to a MB cause I swear i'm seeing double.

There were only 2 faced that looked like they didn't have downs unfortunately

That patch was literally 1 week ago. You're really expecting a sudden surge of a8s BRD clears in 1 week? Are you retarded?

does she erp?

>this irrelevant AST/WHM shit again

Oh boy here we go again

Also kazegami please neck yourself pls

i had a midlander alt once but i killed her

Why? I can translate.

Buy I enjoy scholar....
;~;

no and she's engaged to somebody

>Who the fuck is talking about WHM/AST?

To be fair if ast was as good as people say, people would have no issues running AST+WHM. Even if with double hots as mitigation hasn't been a must throughout alexander.

repondre s'il vous plait

That's my Paladin's glamour, sillybutt.

how new are you?

No matter if you sexualize a Lala, they will still look cute.

here he is user

here is mitsukai "kazegami" shimakaze

Please namedrop me more, user, I need to be eliminated. Eliminate me so hard

No idea. But..
>en.ff14housing.com/

Thank you both. And yes, I am playing on HW right now but to be completely honest with you guys I was fucking around with alts on an Balmung for RP purposes, which I never did anyway so that was a huge waste. I never leveled after a certain point.

But I got a friend on a non-rp server now and want to stay here a while. And this is my first character I have ever passed the main quest line with. So yeah now that I am here I want to see what I can see.

SCH isn't overpowered, everything else is just designed poorly to the point where SCH and WAR are like golden gods in comparison.

Just look at how botched DRK and AST were/are. That alone should give you real time functional knowledge of the incompetence of the dev team when it comes to building new jobs.

SCH/WAR are like people with functioning legs while everyone eles is in a wheelchair. Just make the other jobs better and more fun to play instead of nerfing the good ones.

Nah. They're the "DPS healer" for a number of reasons. Accuracy isn't really one of them post-3.2, since healers can just meld Accuracy materia to make all their attacks land.

The fairy is a pretty big reason why they are, but not to the extent that a WHM would find themselves able to solo-heal with the addition of fairy Embraces, but not without those Embraces (other fairy skills like Whispering Dawn or the MDef/Healing buffs wouldn't really be hindered by fairy cleric stance, since CS wouldn't affect anything except WD/Embrace, and could just be disabled for the one GCD it takes to cast Embrace).

The biggest reason though is how efficient their DPS is. Since SCH is a job for Arcanist, their attack spells need to be balanced MP-wise for SMN, an actual DPS class with a far, far smaller MP pool. So unlike WHM and AST, which incur a pretty heavy MP drain when they DPS, SCH is capable of going full-time DPS, and then still having a full MP pool for whenever they need to do a bit of healing.
Add on top of that that SCH can use Bane whenever there's a multitarget/AoE situation, for virtually the same MP cost as single-target, AND that any spare stacks of Aetherflow left over go into Energy Drain that returns even more MP than (the already pretty ridiculous) 20%/minute from Aetherflow.

Add on that since they're DoT-based, they lose the least of all healers by dropping Cleric for just a GCD or two, as long as their DoTs stay up, and that as the 'mitigation' healer, they're only really required to throw up infrequent shields and heals. Plus a fair number of their skills (Supervirus, Sacred Soil) are unaffected by CS in the first place. Meanwhile, the healers that are meant to complement them excel at the bulk, high-potency healing that ensures the off-healer will have free time to DPS.

It's a really difficult problem to solve without just butchering the class. (At the same time, it NEEDS solving)

pretty sure it's a riviera furniture item, so start looking from there.

DRK

It's the most fun to play, but also has the highest skill floor

Why waste a good midlander...