/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Monster Hunter Generations demo is out, has online
-English Patch for Monster Hunter Online is out now kogath.com/TeamHD/

>How do I get my hands on the demo?
EU fags download the demo here: www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Monster-Hunter-Generations-1090846.html

NA fags either pray Nintendo sends you a code or buy it for $4 in the e3 humble bundle. That or wait until June 30th for the public release

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhPqRBGiMbg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

codes when?

TFWN-OQT3-1415-9KGF
enjoy

>eu code

welp

australian code where to buy?

> tfw no frog football

that was fun, halfway through the quest I realized there were actually combos with X and A

>5 minutes remaining warning

took a little longer than regualar hunts but man was it stupid and fun.

How the heck does Adept HBG work? It just makes me run really far away, that can't be all of it.

your bullets turn blue
i assume theyre streonger after a dodge

Thanks for hunting folks, that was fun but boy are the demo nyanters bad.

Some user posted something about transferring save from mhx to generations.
Full of shit or no?

full of shit

its not possible

from what I remember during the evade dash you can also quickly go into seige mode?

There is a good chance it will be possible. It was possible for 4U.

The answer does not surprise yet it hurts all the same

fuck it im buying the humble bundle

they send codes out in waves. some more should be coming out in the morning

Fuck, stop playing with my emotions

im NZ so the codes probably wont work, but yeah im still gonna wait till tomorrow

it wasnt possible with 4U/4G and wont be possible here

holy shit its 5AM

Copying data through regions was possible EU to US, however it really depends on how much the data has changed from JP to US.

Might work, might not

So I tried hammer ariel... literally flailing mid air spamming A... what are the differences in attack? Why can I only begin charging midair?

>hammer ariel

is it a description or an instruction?

Will you still play X after Generations is out?

a little of both

her bottom half is all fish though.....

no

such little imagination

Here we go again, let's wreck the Hororowl this time.

Demo
68-6378-7236-6828
the owl thing

Obviously.
Why start all over again with less content?

what do you think knives were made for

Can somebody in NA buy me some NA codes and i'll paypal you money for it?. I want to get them for my friends but i like in the Eu.

Depends if I can transfer my save.

I mean the JP version is always superior due to DLCs that aren't available or dummied out in the other versions.

I wouldn't gain much switching to US or EU.
>Say two words in between quests
Thats about it.

I hope someone will since I bought X just now...

get ready for a new batch of gaijin hunter videos for every weapon and style!

#MHXForTheWest

Sorta on the same page as you but there were a fair few mechanics that weren't translated/obvious

why the fuck does he keep remaking the same exact videos?

he's done it like 3 times now

better than vlogs of his ugly mug

Just one more hunter to go!

Anybody?. Heck i'll even paypal you for you to get one for yourself. I just want to get some for my friends in NA and i cant do that in the eu and need to be in NA to get codes that work for them.

since there will be newcomers searching for MHG and they may not search MHX
its an easy way to scoop up subs and views with tried and tested content

how much will you pay me?

so real quick: can the codes be redeemed more then once? i got the email with the code plus one for a friend, US one

MHG Demo Narga

37-4564-0979-7989

are you retarded?

no

give me one though?

No, just dead fucking tired, i hit enter RIGHT as my head just figured out what i wrote

GH is all about MHO now

I'm going to pay $4x4 for 4 NA codes. You cant buy more than 2 codes using the same credit/debit card btw. And $4 for you to get one for yourself or do as you like with.
As i said the reason i cant do this is because i cant set a fake US location and pay a UK debit card. Paypal is the same deal thats why it needs to be a US resident.

I'm asking my sister and friend if they want it, if neither wants it/already got a code, i'll put up for grabs here

Let's do some hunting!

22-6774-2733-2553

If I can't make a profit I'm not going to waste my energy.

I just said im giving you 4 dollars for pressing several buttons using your fingers several times. I know its not alot but im trying to get something for my friends. I know its Veeky Forums but thought this place actually had some helpful people. Its fine ill look elsewhere thanks.

EUfag here trying to get his code here.
Every time I try to get it I get the following message:
"Error Code 904-1511

This feature is restricted by the Software Rating option in Parental Controls on your Nintendo 3DS system.
The restriction may be removed temporarily or permanently by entering the Parental Controls PIN code on your Nintendo 3DS system."
I cleared all my parental settings but I still keep getting this error code.
What the fuck do I do?

Lol Are You THAT much of a fat fucking neckbeard that you cant operate your keyboard for 4 bux?

4 bux in 10 mins you filthy swine is more than you get on benefits

Thanks to the other user had fun hunting Narga duo. Another room up for MHG Narga

67-7574-0407-1537

you should go to reddit theyre much nicer about stuff like this tbqh

cant you get your friends to buy their own then just pay them back>?

Reddit usually takes forever to respond moreso if you just make an account.
I kind of wanted it to be a friendly gift so it would feel weird asking them to buy and me to pay them. I bought some codes already but i made the mistake of setting my location to the UK so it never worked for them. Wanted to patch it up so i dont feel so bad for getting their hopes up.

MHG Malfestio Room Up

44-8523-4348-2193

Tell your parents to remove the parental control for you.

Why are you guys always posting right as I start another hunt?

Chihaya > the rest > shit > hibiki
youtube.com/watch?v=rhPqRBGiMbg

>mfw I'll actually be able to Bow and GL through the game this time due Bushido being a game changer

Idolfag pls go

t. yayoi a best, chi-cryer shit

What the fuck, why would you pay for a code? 13 days ain't thst long to wait, not mention there are codes being sent by Jewtendo.

Yayoi is second shit.

>adept lance
Literally how the fuck does this work?
The third poke is this weird lag and I have to block just right but the attack doesn't always come out despite my block and Jesus this is different.

Anyone else getting the "This isn't available on the e-store" for the demo?

4 dollars is like a cup of coffee. Relax, you jew.

Looks on the download page but I think im retarded where is the actually download link?

New 3rd poke is shit.
Try hitting X or A when you do a perfect guard.

Why is Malfestio cute?

Anyone know if Nintendo is sending more codes? I hope. My best friend got them, but I guess he gave one to his new best friend. Anyway, I'd like one if someone is willing to spare it.

Otherwise, just tell me about Malfestio. Fun or annoying?

Obnoxious

Fought it last night. Several moves from Yian Kut-Ku. Gets you confused (reverses controls) a lot, use Bitterbugs. Looks cute though.

I'm very sorry you have to see a new post on your Tibetan singing bowl inscription board.

Reversed controls sound horrific in a game like this. How long does it last?

>Reversed controls sound horrific in a game like this.
It is.

>How long does it last?
No idea, I just cured it with Bitterbugs all the time because I carted once due to it, having no idea why my 3DS was acting weird, and didn't want to slow down my team more.

No, what I meant was that the monster is obnoxious.

Though its sleep ray is fucking huge for what it is, that can be dealt with somewhat but it fucking loves reversing your movement. It makes some kind of orange field of confusion shit after slamming the ground and then blows it away somewhere with it wings, like Chameleos who did it with poison. If you could gem in resistance to it I'd reckon you'd have many more openings.

There's also wing slashes with the effect as well.

It lasts for about 10 seconds

Is there a speedrun table for MHX and the different weapons? There was shortly after release but there's probably a better one now that it's been out for so long.

Why does every MH thread have people bragging about how they hacked their 3DS?

Is there a page where they listed what the pro and con of every style for each weapon are?

Like do I miss out on anything by using striker on LBG compared to guild?

What EXCUSE do you have to not have a hacked 3DS?

My dead brother gave me this 3DS and if I fucked it while hacking it I would have to join him

You know, after exposing myself to certain forms of autism cringe, I have newfound appreciation for MH's utter bias for raw power over exploiting elemental weaknesses.

Don't fuck it then. It's not that hard.

The thing is, raw power is objectively better for anyone who is not a speedrunner with TAS-tier precision.
You're never going to hit the elemental zones 100% of the time. Even if you do, the monster isn't going to expose it 100% of the time, while someone with high raw power will be just hacking away at the monster, fully utilizing every minute, while the elemental power user only gets a chance every once in a while.

>raw power is objectively better for anyone
True.
>for anyone who is not a
False.

Would rather not risk it. Sure my brother would not want me to become a pirate

Where do I find my other code? I got an email telling me I could play the demo but I can't seem to find the code

Not really. Speedrunners tend to use elemental weapons for monsters with notable weaknesses, because a speedrunner hardly 'fights' a monster. They just stunlock it and try to use the attack method with the highest DPS, which is usually given by an elemental weapon over a raw one.

But anyone playing 'for real' is better off with high raw damage

Why does every MH thread have people bragging about how they are moralfags?

I felt that's a good thing, because the last thing anyone needs is the community patting themselves for memorizing elemental weaknesses before whatever newest entry makes it obvious for casual hunters.

You guys weren't kidding about pokefags

anyone?