/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking Genera

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Free games: pastebin.com/cE8EmydS
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
github.com/Wolvan/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I imported a Japanese N3DS to America, and successfully switched the region to USA. I know I can't use the eShop, but fuck it, since FreeShop/CIAngel exist.

Is there ANY way I can get my pre-existing (USA) NNID on this device? I'd have to call Nintendo and have them transfer it.

If I can't, is there any way I can get extra plays in Nintendo Badge Arcade? I'm mainly doing this to restore my 500-something badges.

aw yiss

>badgetism

installing smtiv now. will this give me days of fun?

I have a lot of VC folders, so it's mainly to give them special icons instead of letters.

have you ever played SMT?
HOY

gtyb

>If I can't, is there any way I can get extra plays in Nintendo Badge Arcade?
Extra plays get you banned permanently.

how do you guys launch Luma without using the homebrew launcher ?

Is that with menuhax?

>attempting to get more badges get you banned
>downloading all games from eshop for free doesn't

Nintendo

CtrBootManager chainloaded by Menuhax

Replace your boot.3dsx with the luma3ds one, you have to do some extra stuff if you want luma working with CTR

Literally how my mother would respond to a game featuring tittay

It's only from the Badge Arcade though which is even sillier.

titlekeys Updater
Wolvan or MatMaf?

I can update FBI 2.2.1 to 2.3 just by installing the cia right?

What exactly does Kirby Triple Deluxe save to the NAND? I'm currently in the process of deleting games I've already beaten/completed and just saw that I have something from 3D that's 28MB big and saved to the NAND.
I know that it's save to delete since it's a game but I'm still curious.

if you are already on FBI 2.2.1 update it through the app, scroll down the menu

never played it.... just joining the bandwagon

Onto step 27 of Part 3 of Plailects guide. Am I alright to update it with System Settings if I see Emu in front of the firmware version? (9.2.) Will doing so kill OoTHax and PKHeX?

Is it too late for me to hope to be able to pirate games?

There's no option to update it through the program itself.

ZERO TIME DILEMMA
WHEN
FUCKING WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

is the QR in the OP legit?

also, has anyone dumped the Generations demo yet? I have the japanese one but I wanna play with my friends

FBI can look for online updates since 2.2.6. Before that, you have to install it manually. I think, 2.2.1 or 2.1 had a bug that it wasn't able to overwrite itself.

just wait for the PC version
3DS one is literally the worst

oh, thanks, I thought it was since 2.2.1

yes, its a ticket

The pic I just uploaded shows it's fine enough

I've downloaded Rhythm Heaven Megamix on a A9LH european N3DSXL, and it boots but after the "Nintendo 3DS" screen it just goes black and won't work
Isn't A9LH with Luma supposed to be region free? I don't know how to make it start

Check 3dsiso for MHG demo.

The beginning is really hard, but it becomes extremely easy after a while (until you reach super lategame, where it's hellish again)
But ye, it's pretty good

Wolvan's has overall more features and is more stable I think. It also always grabs the most up to date encTitleKeys.bin from the 3ds.titlekeys site instead of relying on having to manually update the file

Wolva it is then thank you.

Usagi or Yata+ to create themes?

>HOY

Now I'm call kitted up and ready to do fun stuff.

>What are some homebrew apps I should have?

>What are some games I need?

usagi
yata+ for sfx

FBI, CIAngel, NTR, FTP-GMX, JSKM on 3DS. SocketPunch on PC.

Picross.

CHMM2 if you want a custom theme

which one I can change themes?

CHMM2

So do I get this right? Can you actually play online with a hacked 3DS? I want to play MonHun 4, if you can play online, hows the playerbase and lag in EU?

If I intsall MonHun through freeShop, can I play with other people in MonHun general and stuff? People with legitimate copies of the game?

Thank you

No the pirated copies run on pirated servers, so you can only play with other pirates

I don't know much about the playerbase actually, but i just started play MH4 as well, and i'm also EU, so if you wanna play sometimes you can add me
Anyway yeah, you can play online no problem

You can do E V E R Y T H I N G. you stupid man.

Yes

>Isn't A9LH with Luma supposed to be region free? I don't know how to make it start
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
Go to the "Enable region/language emulation" section then just find the Title ID for the thing and follow the instructions. ENG US should work just fine.

That's fine with me desu.
Thanks buddy

Thank you very much, didn't know how that worked

MH Demo reboots my 3ds, wat do

stop being a poorfag with an o3ds

lmaoo at this dude

wrong CFW bro

don't be dicks, how do I fix this?

I'm using Luma

Sorry for asking stupid questions but on step 8 in part 1 of the guide, I get a slider in the browser for a second and then the screen goes black.

I don't know what to do with the slider? How do I zoom in and where do I press?

in a o3DS you can't, the hardward isn't powerful enough, the new MHs are n3DS only

Actually wait, Rhythm Heaven Megamix isn't on the database, what do i do?

I'm not fucking retarded, MHX/Gen runs on o3ds, just tell me how to stop it from rebooting the console

update your enctittlekeys.db with this github.com/Wolvan/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases

>How do I zoom in and where do I press?

double click to zoom

then press on the right side

>stop it from rebooting the console
get an N3DS

go fuck yourself you piece of shit

we are serious dude, the new MHs can't run on o3DSs

Well, you clearly don't understand why it's rebooting and why the N3DS fixes it.

So gladly, enjoy your reboots.

O3DS literally doesn't have enough ram to run the game and the OS at the same time

Is there a way to transfer my JP Megamix save file to the US Megamix version?
JK save manager won't let me. I assume I have to convert this shit somehow.

I already have that fucking goat in level 201 and all minigames unlocked and perfected

ZERO TIME DILEMMA
I NEED IT
NOW

Is it a good time to hack my Wii U?

It's interesting what Sony did with the Vita when they enabled more memory.

Clearly they limited it originally, but recently (I believe within the past year) they allowed a similar higher memory mode across all devices.

Doesn't require a reboot, and takes no additional effort to start or quit a game. Guess Nintendo really needed that RAM.

Long shot, but to anyone who's played 3D Picross 2: what does it mean when the 9 has a period mark after it?

It's always a good time to hax

i was ableit, you just move the folder into the new games one and import it

TICKET

WHERE IS SHE?

DAMN TICKET

this is cute
I have no idea, it really thought this was cute

get fucked trolls

installed with most recent FBI

DAMN REVIEWERS
STOP BULLSHITTING ME

Why haven't you started charging people to mod their 3ds? Easy as fuck money.

I am. Done. Playing. uhh The waiting. Game

>O3DS
Sugoi, Reboot-kun

I'm not sure whats wrong with that guy trying to run monhun gen on his o3ds, but pls no bully/don't lie to him. The demo runs on my o3ds

Knowledge is free, I don't mind sharing what I know with others, that's why I lurk here spoonfeeding people.

If only more people thought that way.

Not the spoonfeeding part.

Just what the fuck happened to Junpei

Sigma didn't get THIS fucking jaded even after 45 years on the moon

Don't shitpost with my waifu, faggot

Simga actually got laid

No he got unjaded through quark for VLR.
Here he's in the prime of his post 999 PTSD
Famitsu says he got involved in a shady organization to find akane, he literally became Max Payne, one quote from him implies he's killed people before ZTD. He also became an alcoholic

doesn't work

Damn the original screenshot filenames were a bitch on Vita.

As I mentioned 2 threads back, I am out of ideas for what to fix for the TitleKeysUpdater. Are there any suggestions I should add in or are you all ok with the way it is now?

add cute anime girls

How exactly does this newfangled QR code/title keys downloading work? Is it safe?
So far I've only installed the manually downloaded cia from 3dsiso and the like.
I have the latest Luma and FBI with a9lh.

are you MatMaf or Wolvan? add cute anime girls

I could probably add optional cute anime girls, yes

I'm the one that actually updates his fork and keeps it maintainable. Aka Wolvan

No make them mandatory, normies shouldn't be using it in the first place