/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Previous dream: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

First for Steak best weapon.

Is that with 45/25 str/skl?

40/40, actually. I get good damage out of just about everything on that build, and I carry like seven different weapons to make use of that.

What pairs well with a kirkhammer, 50 str, and only 10 skl? Amy arm?

CUTTAH

What's up, my memes?

Boom Hammer, Beast Cutter, Whirligig

Gotta go Axe and Whirli

Requesting the video of that sage running up on a guy in the dark

can I get some help with living failures
pass is bbg2

Beast Cutter or bust.

Sure, why not. On my way.

Needing to summon for this boss makes YOU the Living Failure, user. :^)

Why is fishing hamlet so awful? The only area I didn't bother to try and explore fully and grab all the items, just booked it through looking for shortcuts.

Cutter and cleaver.

Its gorgeous though, only bad thing is the fucking shark whales and their fucking dives.

Can someone share a 98BL arc build?

thanks bro, and yeah I feel kinda bad considering I got through ludwig solo but not these guys

Once while ringing a resonant bell for Maria co-op I got summoned to a Living Failures fight. Problem was I spawned on the staircase to Maria's room, the door to the lumenflower garden locked from the outside. So I just sat around dodging meteors clipping through the wall waiting for the host to win so I could hopefully wave at him as he opened the door.

He died though. What a failure.

Hamlet and central Yharnam are the best areas in the game.

I'm still stuck on the boss but I'm cooking dinner now so I won't be able to play for a while.

I need to get to Lower Pthumerian Chalice to get Ritual blood 4, right?

lets say hypothetically, that one would like to hunt healing church scum for his beloved queen

what build and weapons would be best for the job?

This is my personal arc build, and I'm happy with where it's at. You could substitute some strength for vit if you don't plan to use the wheel, but that's what I built it for.

No problem, I've got all day. What'cha cooking?

Chikage and Evelyn.

Chicken pasta

Oh shit sorry, that was meant for

so skill, bloodtinge build?

Yeah, 25 skill, 50 blt.
Skill is just for visceral attacks though, once you start using the transformed Chikage you never want to use the regular version again.
You can incorporate Simon's Bowblade too, but that's a church weapon.

So what's the deal with Mother Kos, or Kosm, or whatever you call that fishy Great one?
Why exactly is it a sea-related great one and what does it have to do with the cosmos? Was it already dead when it washed up on the shore or was it just sick and the hunters are the ones who killed/defiled it out of mercy/greed?
Also, why dosen't the Orphan have an umbilical cord? Did the hunters kill Kos and take it? Is that how Rom was "enlightened", by using the cord of the Orphan?
Sorry for all the questions, I've only recently played the DLC and am just now getting around to understanding the secrects behind it.

The sea and the cosmos are one

why the 20 str?

>Was it already dead when it washed up on the shore or
Yes, it's clarified in the parasite description.

Someone post Buscemi

Minimum requirements for the Logarius Wheel.

Like I said, it's for the wheel. That thing hits so hard. Two-shots phantoms, can do the same to a lot of hosts too. And that's with sub-optimal gems!

Rom killed me. Is that bad?

So the dream really is all layered and Kos wasn't so much sea related as she was just on a higher plane of existence?
Ok, so it was the Orphan that the hunters killed that got them cursed? Makes sense.

It means she didn't like you. What did you say to her?

>so it was the Orphan that the hunters killed that got them cursed?
No, the hunters and Byrgenwerth students committed a massacre in the fishing hamlet for experimental reasons, they wanted to see if the exposure to Kos' paraytes granted them eyes.
One of the survivors cursed them and Orphan listened to him.

What's with any of the Great Ones, my dude? Bloodborne does its Lovecraft very well, and in the end, the exact motives or reasons for the actions, appearances or mere presences for any of these creatures is pretty much up for pointless speculation as the idea is you can never really know. They're just there, and we had the sheer manly balls but not the common sense to go in and start messing with them.

The ocean and the cosmos are just like each other, vast expanses of inhospitable cold and darkness, filled with bizarre entities and we live on the protruding masses of clay between these two horrible spaces. There's a reason we used to believe outer space was filled with the substance known as Ether and that traversing it would be like using ships. The sea and sky meet on the horizon and sometimes you can't tell them apart.

Orphan ripped himself free of his dead mother's womb, she washed up already dead in a bizarre mirror to how Great Ones usually work - they usually lose their children, but this one lost its parent. I think it's perfectly possible that Orphan's cord was used by Byrgenwerth since Micolash prays to her long before we even knew about the Hunter's Nightmare, and everything goes back to Byrgenwerth. As for it being used for Rom, maybe, maybe not it's perfectly possible.

>in a bizarre mirror to how Great Ones usually work - they usually lose their children, but this one lost its parent
Kos lost her child by dying before his birth. Nothing bizarre about it.

It's still an inversion to how it has worked with every single other Great One. They lose their children, this one lost its parent. That's not supposed to be how it works.

you're cute

Kos lost her child, that's exactly how it's supposed to work.

Yo hello motherfuckers I havent played this game I think since back in January when I got the dlc, I remember I stopped playing when I made it to Maria, god what an amazing fight.

Im finally done with real life shit and getting ready for a nice vacation, that means videogames up the wazoo, anything new happen in bloodborne?

I see, I'm beginning to wrap my head around this now. Thanks anons.
>the hunters and Byrgenwerth students committed a massacre in the fishing hamlet for experimental reasons
>One of the survivors cursed them and Orphan listened to him.
Hmm, yea that adds more to the explanation. I was just lost trying to wrap my head around the idea of what and who the hunters exactly wronged.
Yea I see what you mean. It's just always comes back to trying to figure out what happend exactly and why for sensible sake. At least it's open for anyone to be able to make sense of it in their own way.

>20 end
>20
>end
ahaha

I run 20 end because I use the wheel, you donk.

That and it gives me enough stamina for four R2s. No one ever expects the fourth R2.

You don't need more than base end to wheel on an arc build

What are some builds that dominate PvE/Co-op? I'm not into PvP, but I do want to help fight bosses. What levels are best for as much co-op as possible, and what kind of stat spread and weapon set-up would work well?

If I want to attack more than once I definitely do. Have you ever used the wheel? That thing is a stamina hog, made all the more with the trio of stam down gems in it.

Besides, why do you care? It's not like you're piloting it, other peoples' build choices shouldn't mean jack.

living failure back again, I can proudly say I beat maria solo, had gwyn flashbacks

The Orphan lost its parent, then we kicked the finished off the rest of the family.

What are the most HEROIC weapons in the game?

>make my first FRC Root Ihyll
>very first room has a hunter wearing Keeper set with a burning Saw Spear
>get riposted and 1-shotted instantly

wew lads, does the real Demon's Souls start here?

Also what do Foetid and Rotting actually do?

Axe, my man

Axe is for men and heroes.

Kirkhammer and LHB come to mind.
Also the Wheel if you think purging filthy Vilebloods is heroic.
Remember, what is good is not always right, and what is bad is not always wrong, regardless, we shall always strive to be good.

FRC depth 5 will have some nasty surprises, and the low HP doesn't help at all. Play it calmly and methodically is my suggestion, taking advantage of either riposte-viscerals or at least stagger management.

I wish I could get over that dumb block of stone just floating on my back when I try and use the hammer.

can i get some help with the two fishdudes in the well
pass is bbg2

Try Yharnam hunter armour, it looks like the hammer is attached to the belts.

Interesting. Any other weapon + armor combinations like that? Like, which sets go well/clip less often with the LHB?

To be honest, I feel the same way. That's the main reason I can't use the Kirkhammer. I was always a fashion-souls kinda guy.

Also the Yharnam Hunter set is the best looking gear in the game.

I'm a huge fan of the hunter chest piece without the cape that you get in cathedral ward exactly because it has nothing that could possibly clip through anything on my back.

Decorative Old Hunter

Cainhurst goes well with lhb iirc.

>make cainhurst armour set
>make a fitting weapon that uses a sheath
>just let the coat and sheath clip ;^)

Except long hair unfortunately

I'm pretty sick of the Undead Giant in Lower Pthumerian 0HKOing me. I know I only have 20 vit, but this is ridiculous.

I use the Knight's Wig a lot, and the short ponytail doesn't bother me much, but I can see how normal hair would fuck you up.

Maybe you should level your vit.

Hell 1hko with 40 vit too because of the way hos damage works. Its a shit fight, just play it really slow and only whack him once after he finishes something before backstapping back out. Dont bothere with shit like fire paper and try not to touch blood vials at all.

For a Bloodtinge build, is the difference between 25 and 50 Blt actually significant?

>tfw fighting that guy with the tricked Beastcutter and outranging him at all times

I'm actually using the Beast Cutter. I feel like I'm spacing perfectly but the lag frames of the trick form lets him attack me anyway.

Is the difference between 25 str and 50 str acually significant?

Tonitrus.

Is it?

25 of a given stat gives 50% of it's maximum damage scaling potential, 50 gives 85%, 99 gives 100%

No, but the difference between 25 and 30 is because you get to use the Cannon :^)

>player shadows in Frontier
>no shadows anywhere else

for what purpose?

ded gem

Well memed
kys beary

>ring sinister bell
>it takes 10 trillion years to find another person

Where are good areas for pvp? Or is the game too low populated to find players in a reasonable amount of time?

Nightmare Frontier and Mergo's Loft Middle will give you a constant stream of PvP

It's not though, and even if it was it would have nothing to do with shadows.

>spawn
>controller disconnects
>character keeps running forward
>jumps off a cliff and dies
>600k bloodstain gone

wtf sony. PS3 controllers never had these bullshit problems.

Alright, I guess I'll go there.

Mfw I dodge the Giant's groundslam perfectly but SHOCKWAVES hit me anyway and it instakills me.

FAIR and BALANCED

git

You didn't dodge it perfectly then, since you were still in the blast radius when you died. Take it slow and methodical. Don't feel like you have to rush in and punish after every attack.

>+scaling gems

I've never encountered a scenario in which these give a bigger bonus than a +damage% gem. What's the point in them?

It's still utter bullshit when you spend 10 minutes whittling him down only to make one mistake and be OHKO'd.

>10 minutes
You mean, 2 minutes.

For low scaling weapons like the Beast Cutter or Saw Spear, they're helpful.

time is convoluted motherfucker