Vitamins

Do many of you guys take vitamins to boost energy / stay motivated?
What sources do you use to ensure you are eating the best diet possible for your routine?
My memory is fucking terrible (probably due to excessive drug use during my teens). I take fish oil tablets to help but I feel like im just wasting my limited money which isn't being saved / invested.

So how to you guys make the most of your up time?

I approve this thread.

>Vitamin C tablets
Every day.

>Vitamin D tablets
Every day from October to March.

>15ug of LSD
Every time I need a boost for a big project.

If your job involves labor, I would recommend drinking lots of water and taking vitamins. and eating. Your muscles and your brain are made up of mostly water, and the food and the vitamins give you energy as well.

Also, get enough sleep the night before.

Only thing I take is a vitamin D supplement

I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to get enough micronutrients.

Fix your diet before you start taking vitamins.

Yeah I work a labour intensive job. I also do night shift and the hours are retarded. It's pretty much not possible for me to establish a suitable sleeping pattern. I won't be in this job for much longer.

I eat a lot of fruit and veggies and work in a meat wholesaler so i also eat plenty of meat!

I think my sleeping pattern is causing me to lose motivation and be so moody... any suggestions to to keep me lively enough to get a decent gym session in and study (im learning another language)

... pretty basic shit i know, just looking for discussion really.

Biggest change for me was dropping soda for orange juice, and having half of a protein bar before and after lunch but the lunch is much smaller.

I do a Centrum multivitamin with breakfast. I notice, I think it helps with energy and mood.

As far as supplements I'm taking protein, creatine, fish oil, l-glutamine, and Vitamin D.

Pretty good idea. I managed to cut out soda all together too. I only really drink coffee (not sugar), water and tea without milk or tea.

I like the occasional energy drink on my days off though :P

it made sense because it was replacing mt. dew's key ingredient which is orange juice.

Veeky Forums is going to be the best resource for this, they have charts about the "real craving" you're having when you want shit like chocolate and that will make it go away. They also have fat acceptance hate threads which always make you feel better about yourself. 90% of it is diet related

I might pick some up today to try it out. Man I become so indecisive about shit, i put off mid - long term goals because my opinions or feelings about shit changes with my mood

How do you afford that, bro, I mean if it's working for you its worth the investment. Did you experiment with different supps until you found what worked? Do you adjust what you take depending on your diet?

I'll check out fit for sure. Definitely don't get craving for soda or candy / chocolate simply based on the fact that im pretty frugal about food i buy. If I didn't have a physically demanding job I'd probably be putting on weight like crazy though.

stop drinking oj. drink water and eat the orange.
you're losing shit ton of fibre when drinking juice
and sugar wise it's essentially the same as pop.

i've heard those have the tendency to pass through you undigested. also cheap multivitamins have a tendency to use undesireable forms of certain nutrients.
better eat a lot of veggies / fruit and just
supplement the vitamins you know you
really need. (and if you really want to take
some, take a b-complex and vitamin d)

look into melatonin. not as a sleeping aid, but because of your sleeping pattern you might produce too few.

Veeky Forums doesn't know shit about healtthy eating. if your goal is to get ripped, Veeky Forums is the right place, but if your going for healthy as in no chronic diseases later on in life and so on, go for pub med and start getting familiar with cell biology.
(srsly though, the internet is full of bullshit and everyone beliefs he found the holy grail of eating. instead of going with the advice of soccer moms, yoga autists and body builders, go with science and read the papers yourself.)

I hired an MD about a year ago, ran some tests and was given a guideline on what to eat. I've been on this diet for several months and I feel incredible.

That stuff isn't very expensive though... He probably spends like $30-40 a month, and the protein is inadvertently part of his food bill.

Vitamin supplements are woo unless you're suffering from deficiency. Some of them like pyridoxine are neurotoxic in even marginal excess. Even the ones that aren't, aren't clinically established for doing dick provided, again, you aren't deficient already.

Nootropics themselves are almost universally worthless other than pseudostimulants like the *racetams and *afinils. A marginal exception that has been clinically established for about a decade is citicoline. Citicoline however is a long term option and also quite expensive compared to other nootropics.

What type of doctor did you hire? This wasn't some bullshit nutritionist right?

do you mind sharing some sources on the
vitamin b6 neurotoxicity thingy, because in
a quick search all I found was the opposite of what you sai and one single paper talking about neurotoxicity in the context of 'large doses' and 'megavitamin therapy'.

hes just upset mommy wont buy him big boy vitamins

1. eat as healthy as possible
2. regular monderate intensity exercise
3. supplement with vitamins as required

always get the best quality supplements you can some with do you more harm than good...particularly cheap fish oils and b vitamins.

on most days i use:
zinc

Hang out on longecity and youll get all the details you need

B6 is neurotoxic at like 100mg a day and the daily reccomended intake is...1.1mg?

Even energy drinks and multivitamins iving you 2500% of your daily come nowhere near toxic levels

chemist here

you're probably wasting your time/money

Unless you have a genuine nutrient deficiency and a very poor diet, most of what you take will get excreted within the same day you took it, whether through your piss, sweat or shit. Additionally, depending on your country and how good your regulatory controls are its highly likely what you are taking is not at all what is advertised. Even in Australia where regulatory requirements are fairly stringent, many companies are often found to be selling products that do not contain what they say they contain - this is not limited to dodgy looking companies and has occurred just as much with reputable brands.

The long term risks of taking regular multivitamins has not been reasonably assessed in the scientific community, and nor have the long term benefits (if any) - considering that the multivitamin and supplement industry is now a multi billion dollar global industry one would think they'd have more money to put into better, larger, longer and less biased tests to prove their products actually do something - but they haven't, which to me suggests they are happy to go with their claims of 'may help general health' or 'proven to support your wellbeing'

As a general rule I'd stay away from them and put the money towards eating healthier until there's a better body of evidence in support of certain vitamin and mineral supplements.

and the funny part is none of them give so much, maybe 100%

An MD that specialize in weight loss and total body health. Lots of expensive comprehensive tests were done beforehand and after my dietary changes. I ate the following for a several months and got very positive results in my blood work. All of the food was purchased at whole foods. Basically I only eat the following:
Eggs, fresh veggies, sweet potato, entire fish, sardines, hard and soft cuts of meat, nitrate free bacon, bone broths, fresh fruit, black coffee, dark chocolate, milk if you can tolerate it. Once in a while I'll have some wine or vodka. My MD monitors me and its extraordinary what this dietary change has had on me. My veins popped out, I lost weight, and my blood lipids greatly improved, but most importantly, i feel energetic and very great about myself. Combine this with being active throughout the day, camping twice - three times a year, hiking once a week, mediating, reading and you will feel wonderful.

Ginko Biloba, Bacopa Monerri, Melatonin, and a multi vitamin.

What's the deal with zinc? I remember seeing a thread about cum on Veeky Forums and apparently zinc makes your loads huge or something?

1-9 play dotes
0 throw game

Zinc helps in testosterone production

lmaooooo mate a shot of roids will give me more testosterone than 100000 zinc tablets ever would

like saying vitamin d supplement will give u a tan