/dbdg/ Dead by Daylight General #7

Old thread: It's a feature edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them
>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.
>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE (embed)
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD (embed)
Pastebin with all of the values for Cheat Engine (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6 (embed)
>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/
>Video of the thread
youtube.com/watch?v=JGhIXLO3ul8

Steam group soon if someone makes some shitty OC.

Spies from the Shadows feels like cheating.

Thanks crow friends!

nth for many doors, Dwight boy
>Just had a game where I pulled a Dwight out of a closet as a trapper
Someone get some pacha edits rolling for when you hear those traps sing

>he thinks forcing everyone to use the same general settings so you can't have tryhards disabling fog and grass and making all textures but people mud so they stand out is bad

>People playing Wraith uncloak right up peoples asses
>Complain when they allow survivors to gain the maximum possible distance from them

>play as trapper because other 2 killers sound gay as fuck
>put traps on obvious spots that retards always fall for
>always end up killing 3 people and haven't seen one guy whole game
>this fucking guy is always either next to the hatch or disconnects

It's just so pathetic, hatch needs to get nerfed down to only avaliable when only 1 generator is left or something. Also the faster you end the less points you get and it's fucking dumb, winning fast should give you way more points because it means you played better.

after every game my hearts beating like crazy i alt f4 unable to separate enjoyment from horror
>i tell myself its enough I shouldn't play anymore
>5 mins later
>queue again

What, you think cloaking 20 metres from them is a better idea? They can hear how close you are. Better to close the distance and then uncloak so you have the minimum distance between you.

>no sens
>no keybinds
>defending this

lol

Just had the best match against a hillbilly. A GOOD hillbilly
>so I start up and i go into the two story building in the estate
>it has the killer's basement right there too
>my thinking is I should prioritize that gen so that we don't have to get it later when he's actively hunting us with reduced gen locations so no one get's basemented immediately
>I loot the box on the second floor and get a toolbox
>neat
>I fix up the gen in a jiffy
>Meanwhile a guy gets hooked and camped
so I fix up another gen
>Ez pz, some dude fixed up 2 gens meanwhile too
>last gen
>I'm fixing it up when a guy is running towards me with the hillbilly after him
>he gets downed and put on a hook rightnext to the gen
>I keep fixing it, see the hillbilly staring at me
he knows that gen's almost done
>he knows that if he goes after me someone will rescue the other guy
>I just bail and wait it out for the guy to die
>he patrols around there a bit but realizes I bolted, or am at least hiding
(1/2)

I'm loving playing Hillbilly even if I'm totally terrible.

>I start fixing the gen again
>ANOTHER GUY RUNS THERE WITH THE HILLBILLY AFTER HIM
>he gets downed as I finish the gen
>Hillbilly leaves him there since he's not going anywhere and starts chasing me
>the most intense chase ever happens and lasts a good 2 minutes
>I juke the hillbilly and go back to the guy, he's been recovering so I just need to stand there for a second to patch him up to running capacity
>he runs with me to the edge of the map, I patch him up to full
>we decide to start heading for the exit when the hillbilly spots us
>he goes after the guy since he spotted him first but misses his slash, then instead of continung to chase him, he sees me out of his periferal and target switches because I've been juking him the most
>He brings out the works, chainsaw revving to near max for perfect sprints, chainsawing into pull-downs, but I manage to use the juke house spectacularly to outplay him
>run towards the exit
>It's open
>the guy I saved is waiting for me there
>as I run there I hear a heartbeat increase
>he's right behind us
>chainsaw is getting revved
>we both bolt towards the mist
>we make it just as we see a hillbilly slash an invisible wall behind us

WEW LAD
(2/2)

I always save the qt Meg for last when there is only one of them.

Killer ranks and levels?
Rank 14
Level 20 Trapper
Level 6 Hillbilly

That's very nice. Everybody knows that Meg is the final girl in the story. Also she's the cutest.

From what I've gathered from these threads, this game is basically Storytime - The Video Game

Thanks to the user who said he put traps on the edges of the map. Can't believe I never thought of doing that before and it worked the first time I tried.

Just got buttholed by Meg.

FYI: If they're at the hatch wait for the animation to start before clicking, otherwise you're fucked.

>actually defending no option customization

At the very edge of the map or in a patch of grass right next to it?

Yeah man I really want to change spacebar to middle click.
You know what while I'm at it sprint really needs to be changed to F

>Wanting tryhards turning all options to low so they can see clear across the map
No control customization/sensitivity adjuster is bullshit but come on user you have to realize how precarious the graphics balance is

In a game like this where hiding plays a key part in the gameplay I think it is pretty fair.

Anti-aliasing and such should be an option though.

I use a 360 pad

Lewdfics when

The tall grass that grows along the walls at the edge. I was on coldwind farm and just put one down as a whim. After a minute a meg ran into it for the first hook of the game.

I don't see why people can't hillbilly, he's so ez and fun

>bounce the charge up so I can do it whenever I want
>chase them until we're body to body before using the chainsaw
>sprint across the map and down some asshat who thought I saw him and ran into the open
>get the loudest, most terror inducing weapon
>on top of it all, you're a mutilated hick monster

fucking love it.

Never.
Never go full Veeky Forums

I think he's the best killer DESU.
He fucks with window jumpers and pull-down cheese by chainsaw use
He can run across the map sanic fast
He has the most tension inducing power
If you saw someone they instantly go down.

Trapper is good, but once people get Jake's saboteur on all their characters, which lets him sabotage bear traps, even if they're disarmed, so they're unusable, he's going to suffer really hard. Meanwhile, there's really no counter for hillbilly but getting matched in Autohaven Wreckers. Even high tier survivor powers can get straight up denied if you get surprised sawed in the face.

>Self-heal doesn't matter if you get one shotted
>Sprint burst doesn't matter if you don't see the hillbilly coming and don't react fast enough
>Sabotage only works for disabling hooks ,but a hillbilly with the Trapper's Perks and Iron Grasp will just put them in the basement.

>Meg and Claudette squished into a closet together
>hot and sweaty
>killer passes by, heartbeats fade
>neither decides to get out of the closet

This post started as a joke but now my penis is erect.

>He fucks with window jumpers and pull-down cheese by chainsaw use
I've never managed to counter window jumpers with the chainsaw, nor has any hillbilly that I've faced.

>yfw the Trapper finds them

this image matches my terror in game and my arousal right now.

I don't, because the game is horribly optimized and not getting 60 fps or having inconsistent FPS negatively affects you.

That's because they're not doing it right. You can do ring around the rosy for a bit with your chainsaw revved and the moment you manage to trick them you charge into them as they begin their vault. Instantly downed.

>Get stuck in a tree right off the fucking bat after hitting someone
>Guy starts tbagging infront of me for a full minute
>I leave
I don't like leaving but come on, quit being a cocklicker. If you didn't do that I wouldn't have fucking left.

>tfw cannot track for shit as killer
You break my LOS and I have lost you, you might as well be on the other side of the map

Soooo....

Is there a future for this game or is it going the way of killing floor 2?

No

Is it just me or is there this one map where FPS just tanks?
I get fucking 50 FPS on a 980ti for crying out loud. Had a blue/green hue and shittons of fog in it.

Reminder that Jake has the best wiggle noises and if you don't get turned on carrying him to a hook you're gay.

Meg joins.

Named Helpless Loli

They're going to know you're there regardless of what you do. If you're uncloaking while touching them, they know exactly where you are and will put the maximum distance between you two.

You can almost always position yourself to cut people off, especially at generators, regardless of where they run. If you uncloak out of sight but very close by, odds are they will run right into your arms, and if not, they usually still don't put much distance between you because they don't know exactly where you are.

I don't have a problem tracking but I can never break line of sight and get away when I am the survivor. I basically just accept that I'm probably dead and run around juking for five minutes while my team gets generators.

its already better than killing floor because the devs have the decency to release their game

>Trapper thinks he's the best trapper but Meg makes him fall for the biggest trap ever invented
>Matrimony and kids.

You made the wrong choice at the start. The generator in the estate house on Coldwind is the biggest pain in the ass ever to patrol as the killer if you're not the Trapper, and it still is even if you are.

>They're going to know you're there regardless of what you do
And so why should you not use your stealth speed boost to close the gap between you before uncloaking

ALT+F4

>2 people leave because they know they're dead
>ranked down because of that

This is just dumb, balance update when, and how the fuck did they not think of this at all.

>Managed to use the juke house
End it now, bud.

Hi, your on farm against the trapper. We opened the gates. Good job teammate!

Shame we all died anyways

Maybe you should stop living in the 2000s and upgrade your shittop

The advantage of being as close as possible to a survivor when uncloaking is nullified by the fact that they will run in the exact opposite direction of you while you're busy uncloaking at reduced movement speed.

Having a bit it distance between the two of you is more advantageous because when they hear the bell ring but don't actually know where you are, they will have to choose a direction and run. If you position well, they will either run right into you, or run in a direction you can better cut them off, as opposed to them just running directly away from you right off the bat.

I was the trapper.

Got my level 8.

Or her penis.

>>we make it just as we see a hillbilly slash an invisible wall behind us
This has happened to me twice. This never fails to make me shit my pants

Or the game could just get some decent optimization and get finished, or include basic features and not listen to a sycophantic fanbase

So many high level survivors lobby dodge.

u puh-c fggts

Not the same user but

Ooooor you could just get a job and buy a pc.

I'm playing this game on an early i7 processor and an ATI 7770HD. This PC I built was 1k euro 5 years ago. You're literally on a toaster if it doesn't run ok on low.

Who /adopted/ here?

This new Meg gave me a decent chase so I decided to help her out. Gave her an item, got a few gens, then dropped her off at a hatch. Got some decent chase points in too.

>XD werks for me
Are you a retard or do you not understand optimization?

The game is getting better performance on lower end hardware then it is on better end one, so why don't you just tell me to downgrade?

This is why PC games have fucking graphics options for specific things, because there are lots of different cards and they aren't all the same

You're just proving the point. I'm playing on an i5-4690k and a 380 4gb and jump between 30-45 UNLESS I switch to windowed mode and then back to fullscreen in which I then suddenly get like 80 fps, but it's still incredibly choppy anyway

If they let you kill one easy, time to fuck with them. You already have a "win." Time to get some points.

I kind of like the point system. It encourages you to play in a way that's fun for everyone and in a way that's more like a horror movie. If you're obviously better than a team, you can have some fun with them and get a bunch of points rather than stomping them into the ground.

Better than kf2 but you can say that about every game

I will repeatedly let a guy loose in my sex bunker and let him go out one of the 3 trapped exits.

Over and over.

He's having a blast.

How'd that happen, did you stare at her in a trap until she became domesticated?

Just carry the survivor to a generator and whack it before they struggle out.
Then whack it again. They usually get the message.

After that it's a simple matter of leading them towards the generators that are helpfully highlighted for you.

He used his big trapper dick

>Played against a shitskin immigrant from germany with horendous lag yesterday
>Just played him again
>Rubberbanding all over
>He camps at the hatch
>Still escaped

Revenge feels so good.

YOUR STEAM PROFILE IS SET TO OFFLINE
>YOUR STEAM PROFILE IS SET TO OFFLINE
YOUR STEAM PROFILE IS SET TO OFFLINE

WHY

I dropped her and whacked what i wanted her to do. If she didn't then I beat her into submission and tried again.

>Better than kf2 but you can say that about every game
What about Evolve?

Who /cheater/ here?

Hey, anyone have that quote from the devs talking about dlc? I could swear I remember a quote saying they were sure it was coming.

Also anyone else get a glitch where they can't be revived or picked up? Let me crawl to an exit for free once.

>Alright whatever, let me just reload
>Lost all my progress

I dunno. What you're saying makes sense, but then so does mine to me. Perhaps it's merely a question of which you prefer? The subtle approach or the direct approach? Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I've encountered people like that but never had it myself as a survivor

>tfw no idea how to be a cheater

it's ok, i'll just grind my life away to get enough bloodpoints.

Yeah or I guess you could do that too

>About to kill all 4 survivors
>Steam goes down

>Steam shits itself
>Get disconnected
>Saves are wiped

Great game.

Restart Steam, it saved my ass too.

>waiting in for people to get in my lobby
>alt+tab to browse Veeky Forums in the meanwhile
>about 15mins pass by, check the game
>loading screen, wow could it be my second game ever as a killer?
>STEAM OFFLINE EXIT GAME
>are you fucking kidding me
fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

You can probably edit your save yourself if you have the know how, but a link to one was posted in the last thread. I started using it, but I think I'll just switch back to my old one. I just wanted bloodpoints, not every single perk at max rank with every survivor at max prestige.

I wonder how hard you could mindgame somebody into staying in a closet indefinitely by putting a trap right in front of it and then wandering off. You'd effectively be hooking them but without any notification for their team to come save them.

>turn on three generators practically solo
>save two survivors from hooks
>even do a little juking
>go to turn on the last generator
>almost done
>STEAM IS IN OFFLINE MODE
>game automatically exits
>friends list says "routine mainteance"
>exit and restart Steam
>immediately able to connect

Fuck you, Valve. I'm really fucking tired of this shit.

>game crashes
>relog
>see the user agreement
>dear god please no
>see the tutorial question
>PLEASE GOD NO
>click play survivor
>progress intact
YEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOI

Can't get a game because everyone is restarting their shit.

Every time Evolve goes into free weekend or open beta or whatever it immediately rockets from shit tier to pretty darn good tier. I got 60 hours from all the alphas, betas, and free weekends, woulda bought it if it weren't for the payment model.

refunded cuz lost 3 hours of progress :)

Best killer loadout coming through. No one ever escapes, especially if they have been hit.

What are these perks? I only recognize the one on the right.

>level 25 already

restarting steam restored my save

I'm 22 legit and haven't played THAT much.

Just dodged a 37 because fuck you cheating faggots.

Lobbies are taking forever to fill up, what's the deal? More players than when I was playing in the beta but it still takes forever.