/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 16th:
363 – Emperor Julian marches back up the Tigris and burns his fleet of supply ships. During the withdrawal Roman forces suffered several attacks from the Persians.
1779 – Spain declares war on the Kingdom of Great Britain, and the Great Siege of Gibraltar begins.
1858 – Abraham Lincoln delivers his House Divided speech in Springfield, Illinois.
1911 – IBM founded as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company in Endicott, New York.
1930 – Sovnarkom establishes decree time in the USSR.
1940 – World War II: Marshal Henri Philippe Pétain becomes Chief of State of Vichy France (Chef de l'État Français).

>News
EU4 DD16/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-16th-of-june-2016.948773/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V005
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/dgjdyo.rar
imgur.com/a/kA6eg
youtube.com/watch?v=x4zm9L4rIGw
poal.me/5xk9lp
mega.nz/#F!xwpEVLKI!CmxIJhMLDKnyCBK7VwYdWw!UkJlSSDR
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

first for alex grandi

He's finally back

Can you interact with population numbers at all? Like put percentage of them as Polish, percentage of them as German?

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Reminder to pay for the games you play.

That'll be in "Put percentage of pops" DLC, sir

>tfs Arumba is a golden god

t. quill

I don't if it will, desu. The second they put culture in there's going to be culture genocide as well. That's fine in EU4 but is probably too controversial in this time period.

Not by the looks of it.
Each province just has a number of people
If you have core you get all of them

wtf i hate johan now

wtf i hate johan now

Well what's most likely important is if culture is defined anywhere in code. If it is that would allow you to add it probably in the state list like "culture = polish", or something. But that feels highly optimistic. Failing that you could add it as some sort of modifier and just call it culture or something. I might actually have to watch their modding tutorials to see if that's mentioned anywhere.

>Searching for info on fascist dictators
>come across an article named "Let’s Rank These 10 Fascist Dictators By Hotness "
>Willy is the 7th

who's 1st?

Post link. I refuse to believe in any commie list that wouldn't place glorious Willy on #1.

How is Willy fascist? Is it the commie meme definition where "anything i don't like is fascism"

It looks like it's satire anyway, most of the guys in the list aren't fascist

tell me about willy why does he hide his left arm?

He's neither fascist nor a dictator so the whole thing is retarded from the start. It's a show of how politically literally the modern youth is.

>find the list
>Stalin is number 1
>mfw

it looks like they fell for the "I used a model to make myself look good and ignore these pox scars" meme too.

Barbara from the comment section knows what's up.

does mp and achievements work for the dlc crack in eu4?

>turns the 2nd least painting simulator into the joint 1st with EU

great job paradox

How do I play Oranje in HPM? I tried just waiting around as England but all I got was Natalia. Do I need to actively obtain some land to form it?

Why did they removed the Prima Nocta event from CK2?

I can play prolonged campaigns of any shitty poverse nation in HOI yet I struggle to form Romania in EU4

Is it time to end it all?

Build liquor factories then win the game.

feminism

its offensive to muslims

fuck off you aren't funny

>Playing as Nazi Germany
>Conquered most of continental Europe
>Have Italy, Spain, and USSR as my allies
>Don't have the naval superiority to launch an invasion against England
>England doesn't have the divisions needed for a successful naval invasion on me
>They try every few months and I push them back instantly
>Franco's AI doesn't want to do naval invasions
>Complete stalemate

What to do?

Please playtest my mod

a.pomf.cat/dgjdyo.rar
I added a fuel system but im too autistic to know how it plays on larger plays.

Paratroopers

virus

Apparently I fucked up.
I'm fighting a war against the Axis as the USSR
A year in and the furthest I've made it is Warsaw
I switched my country over to total mobilization and now my manpower is gone
I havnt lost too much land yet, but GB is busy being useless and commie Paris is just about done for.
The US hasn't given any indication that it wants in the war
Now, I'm just holding my position and watching my manpower tick down because the Germans seem to have their claws deep into Warsaw and any attempt I make to take the city has failed. Come to think of it, I can't even take Slovakia, or Hungary, or Romania even though Germany is killing the French and being attacked by the Brits who have already taken northern italy

paratroopers

google how to take england in six months with six paratroopers

so fucking broken

HPM OR WE RIOT

I sometimes like to just lower the game speed down and scroll around, listening to the clack of a bolt action rifle as it pulls back the bolt and fires again and watch the pretty little planes and boats move around and imagine the corespondence between the generals and also imagine soldiers fighting battles and liberating villages and taking their pick of the women and the german soldiers spreading their aryan genes as with a cigarette in it's mouth an SS officer drags a young girl kicking and screaming into a house to the rapturous laughter and applause of his war weary counterparts

Anyone else?

First time playing CK2 and I've been thrust into a 4 player mp game as Lombardy.

I got more or less a handle on the game mechanics but is there anything specific to focus on?

These are all facts

>Alex gives ridiculous buffs to South American countries because he lives there and knows they are shit IRL
>Alex rages whenever someone points out that his mod is a meme mod and deletes their post
>When you say something bad about HPM Alex will take off his trip and argue with you pretending to be an user
>Alex makes every new thread and then posts "Reminder to report and ignore shitposting" because he is butthurt some people don't like his mod
>Alex will take off his trip and reply with "t.rob" if someone doesn't like his mod
>Alex needs to create the new thread every time so that he can control the OP and only add what he likes
>Alex's mod HPM has attracted more redditors and outsiders than anything in /gsg/ history

These are just the facts. Alex Grandi is the most autistic and destructive force /gsg/ has ever seen.

Truth Napalm

shit man i usually only get horny while playing ck2, this is some next level shit

>tfw disabled 3d sprites after five minutes

I was doing this thingy What flags do you all think I should use? I made a couple of options-
imgur.com/a/kA6eg

or something completely different?

pls respoind

emperialism was a mistake

youtube.com/watch?v=x4zm9L4rIGw

City holding vassals give more money than temple ones and until the castles are heavily upgraded, more troops (though worse ones).
Are you using all of the DLCs? If you have Conclave added, save up money and buy favors from at least half of your council members. People who have green hearts do not need to be bought and will always vote with you. Once you have enough favors bought, call in support and move to get absolute crown authority, then spend your law changes on increasing centralization (do this first) and increasing crown authority.
Otherwise, try to save up cash buffers and make use of de jure claims and the holy war CB. Sicily should have good clay to take if you need big provinces to fill your demense with, but remember that newly taken shit is worthless for a few years; don't piss off everyone until you have troops to fight them.
Also use your spymaster to scheme and get strong vassals out of factions to prevent revolts.

>After the Second Partition of Poland in 1793, the city was annexed by the Russian Empire and was renamed Proskurov.
The province in HPM is called "Proskorov"

Also, why does Poland get claims on it with the "claim the eastern territories" event? It seems as though they didn't control it again after Russian empire annexed it. Am I missing something here?

Also, why does Poland's eastern border look funny? Specifically referring to the bit that "bulges" out. See pic

t. retard who knows bugger all about history

deja vu

t.cobra

Still butthurt Rob?

Why are the steam Achievements such shit?
Most of them are memes
As some major nations don't even get their own
Puppeting Germany as the USSR seems to be the only one worth doing

Version 1

>just found out there's a "friendlies can attach" button

i replied to you yesterday btw

Cobra is pro HPM though

arumba posters btfo

It's just an oddness with the way that province in game is shaped. I think it may be related to the Russian Empire's rule of the place, and the angles on the V2 map are not identical to the ones that map used.

>It seems as though they didn't control it again after Russian empire annexed it.
Doesn't mean they wouldn't claim it. It's been hundreds of years and some butthurt Greeks still claim Istanbul for example

>implying HPM wasn't the girl and you all didn't get rused

We need to waggle our Willy to the top.

Is it me or does ai Japan always do shit against China?

Last time I played they annexed China in 1939 and pushed Soviets/sent us help for the rest of the war

No, it seems to lose that front about 70% of the time. Japan can't do shit. There is no reason for them not to have invaded the spice islands by 1941-42.

It seems expensive. You need a lot of factories, and a lot of oil dedicated to it.

Here's a poll

poal.me/5xk9lp
poal.me/5xk9lp
poal.me/5xk9lp

>""""West"""" Germany

talex

They spawn later, like the 50's or 40's

>fall for the synthetic refinery meme
>still constructing 2 years later
>finally finish
>armaments industry is shit
>shortage of oil/rubber a month

Any way to edit refinery output lads?

how do you see enemy unit pics as counters?
I only can replace my own stuff

>mfw japan demands me to be their puppet when they can't even hold korea

>falling for the synthetic refinery meme or late game factories meme
>not falling for the liquor meme which is actually true

More airplanes and change your recruitement law up by one step or if you prefer go down the Mass Mobilization line for that +5% pop

Refineries are always the third option after trade and conquest.
Only in dire need should you go for the refineries.

Thinking of trying to do a CK2 -> EUIV -> V2 -> HoI3 game to test my autism. That said I have never done this before so question: Do converters consider things like gold and such? Not much point in being a Venetian Jew if the jump to CK2 will completely ignore all my money and trading.

HOI4 MOD LIBRARY

mega.nz/#F!xwpEVLKI!CmxIJhMLDKnyCBK7VwYdWw!UkJlSSDR

Next time put it in the OP.

I realize that now. Especially since thanks to the resource '''''system''''' you can take all the rubber and oil you need by taking two undefended provinces from the UK

>be poland
>build forts on the boarder with germany, was only able to get all to level 2 with occasional level 3
>place 5 divisions on each of them
>still get absolutely des-fucking-troid

POLAND CANT INTO ANYTHING

you can conquer the world by EU4 what's the point of playing the rest? and your economy doesn't exactly carry over

>building anything other than radar and military factors
>1936+>1

>losing in hoi$

A lot of the resources don't make any sense.

I took all of Africa as Italy and still had massive rubber shortages because the Congo and Liberia have almost no rubber output and Malaysia literally has over 50 times the rubber and oil than all of Africa. Shit doesn't even make any sense.

>build military factories
>shitting weapons like a madman
>no manpower

>boarder

You should've just spammed mil. factories and infantry regiments. By 1939 you should have a larger army than Germany and then just push their shit in.

As the USSR, how many regiments should I be recruiting at a single moment by 1940?

>recruitment policies
>militarism

>Trying to make a faction of Scandanavian countries in HoI4

>Things are going well, have Finland and Denmark in already

>Germany declares war on Norway, they're ready to join my faction

>NORWAY HAS JOINED THE ALLIES

I don't get it, how the fuck am I supposed to get around this? The computer instantly invites them to the allies and I have no time to invite them to MY faction.

r8 my world

>you can conquer the world by EU4

Yeah that's an issue, wish I had 4-5 friends with enough autism to join in, give some proper resistance.

trick is not to protect whole border and using towns as forts when needed while exploiting rivers

you have to make the shortest defense line possible then you have a little chance to actually stop germany till their event bonuses go in Hoi3

it shouldn't be hard on 4 really

>losing to AI jermany
just AT support company is enough to destroy their light (((panzer))) divisions in 1939

>playing as CSA
>have shit ton of oil RGO's in Texas and 1 in Oklahoma
>think i probably have a good monopoly on oil
>check trade screen
>KuK is exporting more oil than me
>they only have 1 oil RGO in galicia but it has more output than all 4 of mine

You do realize literally 95% of all natural rubber comes from Asia right?

i think i'm way over my head

how many oil RGO's are in texas tho

>500 gold
>not hiring mercenaries

>1942
>game runs like shit
Is this a feature?

Kaiser Wilhelm II has a ton of oil RGO's in Texas and 1 oil RGO in Oklahoma. Altogether Kaiser Wilhelm II has 4 oil RGO's. How many oil RGO's are in Texas?

Go back to elementary school faggot