/arkg/ Ark: Survival Evolved

Giga's finest work edition

Official FAQ : steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/613957600545122958/
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/arkgeneral
>Official Wiki: ark.gamepedia.com/ >Patch Notes: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
/discussions/0/594820656447032287/
>Play with /arkg/ Open Steam > View > Servers > Favorites > 75.98.36.106:27015 arkservers.net/server/75.98.36.106:27015

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0yKXWCn417L
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting from last thread:

Boatman here. The mock naval battle has a prize of 10,000 turret bullets straight out of Popeye's pocket.

The rules are max 3 boats, nothing above primitive tier, no weapons or armor that you make in a fabricator, boats can only be made out of stone at best, no dinos, all skill, Fox only, Final Destination.

Nigger

2nd for make Oceania great again

My new baby

where were you
the day
the music died.

Tamed it at 150

For some reason, Jak reminds me of Ralph

Shitposting un ironically

>tfw no ARK tower defense game

I miss the REAL Metal Gear Panzercer

Anyone remember this?

Git your shit together

>Pagan Aqualad rituals general

Baby Galli or Compy?

Post cozy homes

Back when the oceans were full of nothing but megas and they had a two mile aggro range.

Those were the days.

I dreamed a dream in times gone by
when hope was high, and life worth living

that perspective messes with me a bit

Oh dear

BUILD BOAT, MAKE OCEANIA GREAT AGAIN

Save the pengu

Fucking caves man

/hsg/ /egg/ /ksg/ /kspg/ /eog/ /wotg/ /mmgg/ /gsg/ /tosg/

:^)

/wowg/ /mcg/ /terag/ /ink/ /xcg/ /utg/

what is this

It fucks with people who go to other generals. They are directed here instead of their general. Minor inconvenience at best.

>people taking out tames and not putting them back where they took them from
Literally kill your selfs

What's the competition?

this keeps happening with my burd but I forgive it because I was borrowing birds for a long time before I got mine

Long Hunt and Test tribe

Careful Aqualads. We had an incident with Wretched where one of our lads shot at him by mistake and they seem unhappy. Stay on high alert, don't move without orders, and work on making sure our base is defended at all times.

>Aqualads are back

details

him or meme
Yeah baby, come join us.

Discord please. Never know who's listening in.

I don't understand how someone can force creating these dreadful Ark threads

I've been playing it for about 2 months, not even remotely skilled by my standard but this Ark general is stale with OP just uploading a pile of screen shots from their (probably) x5 gather rate server.

The reddit Ark has more content and isn't full of edgy meme kids trying to band back to relive the glory days of a previous medium sized alliance.

Just stop. Your screen shots are dreadful.

In other news, is anyone excited about the new map changes? I don't think it's enough to reignite my love for this game buy I'll probably come on and and shoot some shit

fuck off redditor

>insults others screenshots
>think the pictures are from OP samefagging

Do you have any pics, mr faggot?

But have fun getting mad about other people having fun. Really. Totally doesn't paint you as autistic for coming in to tell people to stop having threads.

The real reason you're being a shitter, though, is probably because you got meme'd into this thread, faggot.

>literal autists coming into a thread just to tell people to stop having fun

Ok. Don't you have a family to be disappointing?

ayy lmao bumb

Has world War 3 started yet?

No. And like I said, do NOT fire at Sons if they don't fire at you first. We're still not certain if they're hostile, and we wanna be absolutely ridiculously prepared to wipe them out before we make even the slightest move against them.

And on that note, farm up lots and lots of C4 for offense and large crop plots for defense.

Men of Triton stand ye steady
It can not be ever said ye
For the battle were not ready
Oceania never yields

Who's this tribe we have issues with, Boatman?
I can't play till later.

Sons of Szarekh whatever the fuck they're called, the one with Wretched in it

And I'm gonna say it one more time, don't fire unless fired upon, don't even scout their base out yet. We have more subtle ways to do that.

The mock naval battle should be fun. Have the lads even been contested at sea in a fair fight?

Probably never, no. It's likely gonna be pushed back til Saturday though because the Test tribe didn't realize it was so soon.

>Tfw Long Hunts base looks like this

Nothing some quetzal bombers can't handle

Me gusta

Burd abuse is real

Soon to join you guys but I have some questions about you guys. Who/what is aqualads? Are there any ongoing wars and who should I watch out for? Is there any tribes that are off limits? Can you give me a bit of your history?

I have a lot of experience with playing with v groups in games of survival and permadeath so I feel I could fit in well with you guys.

Aqualads are bunch of memers who got rekt by a 3man tribe last year.The tribe name is because we have autism for sea.

No active wars at the moment,but future has many interesting events.

CIA(Central Island Alliance) has occupied the central island and you require a "visa" to go there otherwise you will get shot.

Its better if the full history is explained over discord or ingame.

How big is CIA? Part of me wants to ruin their day.

they`re technically the alpha tribe of the server.They`ve been helping us rebuild after we got attacked by 3 gigas on our 3rd day.

Ah, if they are helping you guys then I suppose that they are alright.

I dont know.They might want to use us or we might just be using them.

We could dethrone them one day, that would be nice. How developed are you guys?

So is the pump action shotgun worth the engrams?

fuckno

You better fucking rename this.

I want to cuddle with Mosasaurus.

I want to cuddle with chungor in a pile pf burds

When the CIA sends their supplies, they aren't sending their best.

They're sending narcotics.

They're sending low level dinos.

Their burd bullies.

And some of them, I assume, are good allies.

People, we can't afford to be the stupid tribe anymore. Can't do it. Can't do it folks. We have to start being the smart tribe. That is why we MUST build a wall around the center, and the CIA will pay for it.

We must work to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure. Our crumbling dino pens, and our decrepit farms. Our burdhouses have become a disgrace to the entire Ark.

The sad truth is that we just don't win anymore folks. We just don't win. We haven't really won since the First Chinese War. Our military is so drained, so depleted. Our top lads say that our military is the weakest its ever been. Sad!

Lads, our path is clear. We have to make the Ark great again.

I really want to play this game but I only have a shitty laptop.
Should I just give up?

Build a desktop and join us.

I wish I had the money to.

No income at all? Can't save monies?

Very little. Still studying at the moment. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Save what you can, that is all I can suggest. One day you will get a break and be able to join us.

I want to raid

How shitty?

There are ways to get the game to look like plastic with how shitty you can make it. You might be able to run it

I hope they are going to add Hippos to this game someday.

Upcoming Version: v243, ETA: June 22
- New Creature: Titanosaurus!
- New Item: Gas Mask!
- New Item: Herbivore "TastyCakes"
- New Item: Chain Bola Ammo for Ballista Turret!
- New Structure: Retractable Rope Ladders!
- New Structure: Tree Sap Taps!
- New Structures: Wood and Metal Tree Platforms!
- New Mechanic: Custom Tripwire Alarm Notifications via SurviveTheArk.com (E-mail and Forum). Optionally Tribes can post to arbritrary URL, if they have a custom system! Now if someone's raiding your base, you can get on top of it! ;)
- Breeding Mechanics Phase 3: Random Mutations and Family Trees
- Biome Update: Snow Extension & New Redwood Forests (this is a major environmental overhaul!)
- Ruins & Explorer Notes
- GroundClutter effect extended 50% further and +20% more GPU efficiency
- Approximate +5% GPU performance improvement related to more efficient foliage culling
- Approximate +10% Server CPU gains related to more network multi-threading
- Added option to disable Inventory Sounds. Yeah ;)
- Balled Doed's are no longer invincible to Tamed Dino melee attacks -- now just very, very resistant to them.
[MORE NOTES TO COME]

One day.

I don't know if it really is shitty but it has a I7-6700HQ CPU and a GTX950M.

Honestly you can maybe run the game while having it on low low settings, I have a barely better rig and play on medium to low, but this is just a guess really and I wouldn't take my word for it

Holy shit I found my 355 text folders. I even found my old radio advertisement scripts.

Well, if you sit back, I can tell you the history from the Aqualad's perspective. The tale of the Aqualads is a long one. First spawning in at a shitshack at east 2's korean penisula, we were driven from our first home by the elite mouthbreather ThePride and predmop of tribe of Guru. Tribe of Guru was a tribe close to the north with a huge wooden base, complete with spikes and a farm. We managed to escape on dolphins and began an exodus to the SSE section of the island. We began to see messages saying our dinos were being killed by predmop's sabercats. He told us he wanted to fight and was trying to get us to fight by killing them, waiting until after he knew we left. We were forced to abandon our few land tames, with GOD DODO dying a valiant, pointless death and Skub (dilo) going MIA. Anti-Skub (dilo) died.

As we ran, we were contacted by the local server police, Balnigger, asking if we wanted him to flatten the Gurus. We said yes and he deployed his 150+ spino towards their giant shitty wooden base.He flattened them and let us loot their shit. We thought he was nice but his Asperger's would soon reveal itself.

(It was at this time prepmop went on a rant comparing the US to ISIS, but that's another story for another time)

cont if youre interested user

We made it to the SSE and we settled in a spot to be known as The Lighthouse. We regained strength, and gained many new lads over the next few weeks. A monument was erected in honor of the fallen and in memory of predmop's douchery. A tradition of leaping off this monument was born, and Oceanian culture soon followed. Trade was established with nearby tribes, many ichthies and megas were tamed, we began work on a main base under the sea that would be our center of operations, and many great artworks were erected. The good times were not to last.

Sometime during all this, Bal became more spergcentral, and the lads were growing restless and thirsty. Our focus was fragmented and many were growing tired of Balnigger funpolicing the server. Discontent brewed within the tribe. The the Sea Cave patchfix hit and the Dark Times began.

Many lads left during this time, feeling their effort wasted and their time meaningless. Many who stayed still thought about quitting. This patchfix might have nipped the Oceanian's in the bud, if it weren't for the Archduke Ferdinand getting assassinated.

Sometime during all this, Bal became more spergcentral, and the lads were growing restless and thirsty. Our focus was fragmented and many were growing tired of Balnigger funpolicing the server. Discontent brewed within the tribe. The the Sea Cave patchfix hit and the Dark Times began.

Basically, Balnig's "ex" got attacked by one of the chinese tribes. I believe it was CodeMonkeys but feel free to correct me. Whether this sperg means extribe or exinternetgf I do not know, I only know there is no way this sperg has ever talked to a woman for more than 5 minutes. Whatever the stupid shitty case, he beseeched The Wachootoo (one of, if not THE biggest tribe at the time) for help and a retaliatory raid on them. The Wachootoo complied and it was then that the hornets nest woke up and events were put into motion that would change the server forever. What transpired next would be the start of World War 3.

Anyone who thought that calling the chinese a hivemind was racist immediately changed their tune when the Wachootoo attacked the Codemonkeys. I was one of those naive bastards, boy how wrong I was. Almost simultaneously chinese from 5-7 tribes in global spoke up "Why you attack our allies".

The server's collective anus clenched.

Skirmishes between them led to the CodeMonkeys siege on the Wachootoo's main base. The Wachootoo were holed up in a base sprawling out of one of the caves. It was so massive I believe it got past the radius where buildings take 8x damage. About 3 hours into the siege, we received word that the Wachootoo were losing and that they needed help. The Aqualads knew they needed to make a decision; if the biggest tribe in the server fell to the chinese, we were all fucked

It is definitely worth noting that The Wachootoo asked Balnigger for help, seeing as it was because of him all of this was happening. Direct quote, his words were, "Sorry, I prefer to be on the winning side. But good luck with that." Faggot said he wanted to make our server PvE, and that he would rather play PvE Primitive but didnt want to leave because spergreasons.

So the aqualads, few in number due to the time it was, decided to take all combat animals through the woods to the wachootoo base. Half got stuck along the way, but we werent letting that slow us down. We took an elite sniper team to the Wachootoo base over their cliff and had at it. What we saw below was madness.

We saw a city destroyed. Over 200 sleeping bags set up all around the area. Too many rexes and spinos and Args. Dozen of little blips running below. We died. Our dinos died. We'd respawn and head back, finding stuck dinos along the way and ushering them into the meat grinder, over and over again. I personally died over 30 times. I have no way of knowing for sure, but I'd like to think we made enough of a difference. Regardless, the Chinese ran out of supplies and explosives and had to turn back, the Wachootoo left with a scant few layers of walls protecting them. The Siege of Wachootoo's Cave was broken, the battle over.

As night turned to day, lads started to trickle back in. Many were PISSED at balnigger. Especially those who fought in the Siege of Wachootoo's Cave. It was pretty clear to us that if he mounted an assault when the chinese first attacked, along with our help, the Wachootoo might have still had their beautiful city. Truly a wonder of the server was lost that day.

Sick bantz and dank memes were unleashed upon Bal, to the protest of some Aqualads who were afraid of having to deal with him in addition to the Chinese. After being called autistic, Bal corrected us, "Actually, I genuinely do have Asperger's I would appreciate it if you made fun of something else and be more creative". 2-4 lads, I cannot remember exactly who, had the spirit of Allah within them and talked shit so hard that Bal couldn't handle it.

He launched an assault across the ocean without announcing himself. There were 5-8 lads online at the time. We rallied around the lighthouse, and prepared to defend after alerting the thread and steam chat.

He washed ashore with his crazylvl Spino, 40+ dimos all level 60 or higher, pumped in melee and hp, 9+ murder birds, and other assorted combat dinos, many of them not owned by him (none of his tribemembers were online at that time so he just threw away his tribemember's tames).

[these stats and dino levels were all very impressive back in the day I assure you]

vocaroo.com/i/s0yKXWCn417L

blast from the past at the request of the discord