The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild General

Official site:
nintendo.co.jp/zelda/
Sonygaf collection of all the screenshots
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233899

The full-map revealed:
eggplante.com/2016/06/14/full-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-map-revealed-roughly-360-square-kilometres/

Nintendo says it's 12 times the size of Twilight Princess
ign.com/articles/2016/06/14/e3-2016-zelda-breath-of-the-wildas-open-world-is-12-times-bigger-than-twilight-princess

Story details
youtube.com/watch?v=HGXg0KTgbY0&feature=youtu.be&t=11m18s

Aonuma on Rupees. the title, and more
gonintendo.com/stories/259641-ign-zelda-botw-aonuma-on-getting-lost-rupees-subtitle-spec

Sheik spin-off:
gamerant.com/zelda-sheik-spinoff-miyamoto/
NX version will have better graphics: twitter.com/tomphillipsEG/status/743138601836306432
Nintendo patent in BotW: twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/743203415405248513

Nintendo mystery box: m.store.nintendo.co.uk/merch-accessories/nintendo-mystery-box-the-legend-of-zelda-edition/11282171.html?widget_id=265235

BONUS:
Breath of the Wild is learning from Skyward Sword hate
polygon.com/e3/2016/6/16/11951678/legend-of-zelda-breath-the-wild-skyward-sword-e3-2016-wii-u-nintendo

Aonuma on the Gamepad being a mistake.
videogamer.com/wiiu/the_legend_of_zelda/news/zelda_director_admits_wii_u_gamepad_disrupts_gameplay.html

Other urls found in this thread:

wholesomegamer.com/2016/06/16/playstations-shuhei-yoshida-says-hes-excited-zelda-e3-stage/
kotaku.com.au/2016/06/all-the-ways-in-which-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-looks-incredible/
youtube.com/watch?v=FY0i9OL96-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

any cute trap anons on?

I hate open world games

user this general isn't going to stay alive for 6 months

What kinds of unique playthroughs are you guys planning? I'm planning to do a naked spear only run and if there are bananas ingame I will only eat those

speedrun

Tin Man with a Heart of Gold

I will don full iron suit, and dual shields, and I will not kill a soul.

How will I get through the snowy parts in an iron suit? I will either:

A. Use the Fire Rod to create a clear zone of burning shrubbery.

B. Create a campfire, and warm up my suit and then run through those parts like a human torch, after ingesting something to give me heat resistance.

In both cases, I will reset the entire game if I inadvertently kill anything in the process.

you still have to kill the final boss
good fucking luck

It's too early to have this general user

speedruns of this game are going to be super interesting, I hope the speedrunning community picks this game up when it comes out

>final boss is shadow link

No, the final boss is the real Link.

>the voice wasn't talking to you
>you are ganon

>Directed by M. Night Shamwow

Then my mission will become to find a way to beat the game without killing the final boss.

>"good luck" -"vic" Link

what should our first meme be? :)

is there an official release date yet or is it just 2017? I don't know how I'm supposed to wait that long I might die

friendly mountain skeleton

Hylian Heat

Yeah, if you all can go ahead and just post every webm that exists of the game, that'd be swell.

Has anyone translated the any more of the Sheikah text yet?

yeah, look
my dick

I wonder if there'll be real stalfos/children

God damn

Cuck

This.

This right here is why people don't hang out with you Veeky Forums.

I think Stalfos/Stalbabies are two different things.

Stalfos are dead beings revived. Stalbabies are like poes and form from the bones of any dead.

Have they released a release date yet?
Also the ground looks kinda ugly in all of the webms, i'm scared what they showed in official videos so far were the NX version

If emulation gets better or NX turns out to be puppies and sunshine I'll actually be getting this game. What I've seen of it makes me smile.

So apparently you can sell swag for money in this game

But I haven't seen any sort of shop or town in the previews

no bully

They removed all NPCs (except for Old Man and the Sheikah monks) and town/s from the demo.

Actually, I wonder how they'll tackle the towns in this game (since there's got to be more than the usual 2). Guessing Castle Town won't be in, but maybe they'll go Zelda II on everyone's ass and bring back Darunia Town and Kasuto and such.

That makes sense

I would love for them to do real towns. The game from the demo seems dead, but its the demo so its expected. I just want a living, breathing Zelda.

I have a feeling each sector will have at least one major settlement in it, but I think it's more likely they'll pull from more than just Zelda 2 for naming them.

Towns like Windfall, Outset, Ordon, Skyloft, or even obscure places like Village of the Blue Maiden or Animal Village could make an appearance. (Fingers crossed that Clock Town bullshits its way in.)

Thanks for making this general, OP. Now I can actually follow a thread and still do work.

Maybe they'll have new settlements, like a tree-top village of Skull Kids in the forest, or if we get the ability to breathe underwater we could have an underwater Zora city.

>find random hole in the ground
>leads you to Clock Town just like you remember it

Am i the only one to think the game looks pretty bad?
I mean sure we've seen a few good places but overall everything looks blurry especially from afar

>everything looks blurry especially from afar
Just like in real life.

What the hell is the Shrine of Resurrection and why does Link wake up there?

Anyone else notice how everything is clearly in the past tense, as if Link was knowingly buried in this place with his clothing for the intent of reawakening? The clothes he gets are so short that both his bare midriff and ankles are showing, making it seem like if Link was buried naked but with his clothing next to him, he must have been younger at the time. Link literally "grew" inside the Shrine. Not to mention his title shot resembles a drawing from the original Legend of Zelda game, and the whole game design seems to draw from the idea of going back to the roots of what Zelda was (open ended, exploratory gameplay).

Any theories as to where Breath of the Wild falls into the timeline? Clearly the Koroks and Temple of Time is present.

Pre-WW, or a brand new timeline, or a merging of everything.

Take your pick.

am I the only one who believes the Deku Trees planted in Wind Waker have something to do with Hyrule rising from the ocean again?
They did say forests would grow around the Deku Trees, so that would mean land should rise up I guess

>seeds
pic related

I'm personally thinking of a Post-WW (post Phantom Hourglass more specifically)
The temple of time is there because it was (lore-wise, since it's after OOT) in WW.
The korok are there from WW, and the blue tunic comes from WW (speaking of which they haven't shown the blue tunic in the demo)

I believe it's without a doubt after WW, but not in new Hyrule, because the Temple of Time is there like you said.
I've only seen people who say that it's after Twilight Princess defend themselves by saying that the bridge is from Lake Hylia, but they're different bridges and they can be in different timelines
unlike the Koroks
I'm hoping we see Deku Tree(s) in this game so damn much
and I hope you get to climb right to the top of the fucker
and I hope Rito Postmen are at Death Mountain too
I just want the WW races/tribes to not be exclusive to that game
also I may be reaching, but the top of Ganon's Tower looks similar to the designs of the Ancient Relics, but that could just be because of how it's meant to be a wind pattern

>implying it's more likely for it to be Hyrule after waters have receded vs. ruined Hyrule about to get the coup de grace and go underwater.

I've wanted a game like that for years but

"Once upon a time, long ago, the Koroks took on human forms, but when they came to live on the sea, they took these shapes. Now they fear people... but to me, they will ever be my cherished little children."
— Great Deku Tree

Fuck. Well, there goes that theory.

if they ever do a spin off, even if they copy paste sections of this map, for a simple Sheikah game, where you fight against Ganon's army before the entirety of Hyrule is submerged beneath the ocean, after you've secured the Tri-Force and make a wish to the Gods
that would be great
but the fact there's not hero in that time makes me believe that it'd need to be a spinoff, which is sad
imagine a Zelda Chronicles game, where they just do a bunch of short games, based on different established backstories like the people banished to the Twilight Realm or the land on Earth before Skyloft was created

just parry
manslaughter the boss, by making his own actions kill him

I can't believe I seen that fuck, when I was watching the trailer for the first time in the stream then forgot to mention it completely, when hardly anybody had talked about it
I'm fucking pumped for all of the bosses in this game, but I hope they're just minibosses so dungeons have creative enemies also and not just bigger versions of the rock guy or something

do you think the gears and screws that the Ancient Relics drop will be really valuable, in terms of uses and not just how many rupees you can get from them? I'm hoping the crafting system is good, since I want to make a sword from meteorite

There have been like 2 dozen Breath of the Wild threads on "normal" /v/ for the past couple of hours. Veeky Forums was created precisely to create one thread for a game that was getting a whole bunch on /v/.

pretty much, once the thread calm on /v/ we'll probably see an increase of posting in this general too

He also forgets that there aren't thirty years of Zelda to talk about.

The game looks fine.

>the outlook peak from Breath of the Wild is actually the peak in the Zelda 1 artwork.

Mind = Blown.

GUYS. What if you make it off the plateau and find your first town and it's modern day

Sony's president wants to play Breath of the Wild and can't wait for the release.

wholesomegamer.com/2016/06/16/playstations-shuhei-yoshida-says-hes-excited-zelda-e3-stage/

Is this from the demo or released footage by nintendo?
the footages released by nintendo do tend to look better and i've seen some screenshots that clearly didn't look fine, regardless of compression or not

Looks like it's from Kotaku. Someone blew up the image a little though. Prob to fit a wallpaper.

kotaku.com.au/2016/06/all-the-ways-in-which-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-looks-incredible/

By Nintendo.
Compression is what is making the visuals bad, the trailer AND people recording from the TV both look great. youtube.com/watch?v=FY0i9OL96-E

MEME MAGIC

Damn, I was about to post this.

So let's pool together all that we know about the game's timeline placement.

1. The statue of Hylia from Skyward Sword is in the game in the Temple of Time.
2. Rock salt from the "ancient sea."
3. Koroks from Wind Waker are back.
4. Eastern Abbey is next to the Forest of Spirits.
5. Spectacle Rock from NES Zelda.
6. Calamity Ganon took over only 100 years ago.
7. A floating sky ship.
8. Sheikah are prominent.
9. The royal family is referred to in the description for the blue tunic.

I know where the game takes place, but I want to see if you guys figure it out.

Why? Is this from /v/ or some other site?

Someone managed to decipher the text and translate the sheikah writing. I first saw it on youtube. I figured this general would have fun wracking their brains with it.

I'm curious if we'll have underwater exploration

We have to right? I kinda like the lakebed temple location being so deep underwater.

>go into the sea
>it's as deep as the Great Plateau and the rest of the world is high.

that would make my dick diamonds but we would need some sort of underwater mount and item

I don't understand what you mean by number 4

I actually do not have the slightest idea.

You can't see Eastern Abbey, but in ALttP and more obviously in ALBW, the Eastern Palace is next to a forest. But that may not be what I'm referring to, by mentioning it, because in the ALttP guide, it says that it was once a former Hyrule Castle.

Are they the same? That's for you to speculate.

You know, I just noticed something.
The only 3D, mainline Zelda that didn't have any sort of underwater whatsoever was also the only 3D, mainline Zelda that took place on the FUCKING OCEAN.

I don't like how opening chests no longer has the classic sound effect and pose.

I say they should save that for big chests.
I don't want it for every small one considering how common they are.

I thought this
I was sad that he doesn't turn around and lift some shit into the air
but like says
I'm hoping big chests are crazy big now or just look extremely unique

Ok, place your bets for how the world borders will be.
>Mountains too high to climb
>Endless sea on horizon
>Invincible monsters
>Invisible walls
>Visible walls

I also do not have much faith in the breakable items. I understand they want to shake up the combat system by forcing you to be familiar with a variety of weapons but it seems mitigated by the massive amount of inventory space Link has. What will happen is that people will farm spears and clubs and spam coast on that while exploring or dungeon diving instead of collecting as you go.

All 4

>All 4
But those are 5.

I'm still annoyed they still have Hylian be English with a different alphabet.

Especially since Zelda was clearly singing in something that definitely wasn't English in Skyward Sword.

en daʃeʋu, no be̞ ʃo̞ndʊ tʏe̞ ʃʊtʊ keuænu sa le̞

Language evolves in history, the Zelda games are so far from eachother the hylian language clearly changed.

I'd like to see your Fire Propagation physics though.

Link explodes into a shower of gore when he crosses the world border.

I'm thinking it's either going to be
>You're just outright forced to go back in the vein of WW
or
>Map loops

whyboner.jpg

Indeed, when Aonuma said he was inspired by dark souls this was the wrong lesson to learn.

I'll put most of my money on a variation of pic related
Or a sandstorm that's too strong to traverse. I doubt it'll pull a Fallout 3 with invisible walls, though.

Are there any other good videos like this (besides the trailer) that don't show compressed visuals?

>Go underwater
>Get fucking murdered by water abominations from hell.
You are forgetting about all the crazy shit in the water man.

NX is a partnership with sony confirmed.

Just what the first playstation was supposed to be

“I just played Zelda! The new Zelda game. You know, open world, and hunting. And I had a bizarre feel, this feels like Horizon. This is a epic, huge game. I can not wait to play Zelda again when it comes out.”