/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Monster Hunter Generations demo is out, has online
-English Patch for Monster Hunter Online is out now kogath.com/TeamHD/

>How do I get my hands on the demo?
EU fags download the demo here: www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Monster-Hunter-Generations-1090846.html

NA fags either pray Nintendo sends you a code or buy it for $4 in the e3 humble bundle. That or wait until June 30th for the public release

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/3u1jp0/mhx_all_style_differences_for_each_weapon/.compact
youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mhg sucks. SUCKS!!

Sir Edgy Ohs

Steve is a banchou.

Would it be wrong to assume that using Dual Blades with the Zamtrios armor skill that prevents stamina depletion after eating a steak would let you stay in Demon Mode until the buff runs out?

08-4954-4534-2421

Narga hunting room if you want in. I'm going to try bushido LS on it for the first time. And I'm leaving a little after the first person joins so don't stand there holding your balls waiting to join.

The buff acts the same as a Dash Juice (not a Mega though), meaning your stamina will not deplete, meaning you can stay in Demon Mode.

Carnivore only lasts a minute, but yes any infinite stamina effect lets you stay in demon mode. The best one comes from horns, but usually people use dash juices (or mopeshrooms with mushromancer) if they want to do that. Demon mode does halve the duration of dash juices though.

no but it would be wrong to assume that it's a good idea.

Yes.
But you don't want to stay in demon mode.

What's the code dumdum?

Too late for that since he already started.

>MHX
>Everyone uses Seregios weapons
>Make one
>Read the description
>"This weapon sharpens itself when you evade while having it unsheathed!"
>Yeah whatever, and Akantor weapons destroy the world.
>Use the weapon
>The weapon actually sharpens itself
What the fuck? Why is this allowed? It just straight up has a special ability.

Steve has that because otherwise his weapons would be absolute garbage. The guns also reload a shot every time you roll.

Not him, but setting up a Narga free-for-all.
17-9314-8849-2009
Pass: the usual

Does Generations have resource points and shit? I'm getting bummed out on 3U because I have no points and I don't want to farm Jaggis and Qurupecos. I hate these boring quests too like delivering shit and fishing. How bad is it in Gen?

>Does Generations have resource points and shit?

Yes, it does.

>How bad is it in Gen?

You're often given so many points that you have no idea what to do with them. Also, you can buy armor spheres and jewels for gems with the points. Also note the spheres and jewels are ALL levels, even the rarest ones. You'll never have to go mining for them ever again.

ya but g feeds them to you

Yes? They've been in since MH4U.

You also don't need Handicraft, but the catch is that they're usually pretty shit on fast weapons because the auto-sharpen can't keep up with the otherwise tiny white/purple. The Steve GS, Hammer, HH, GL, SA, LBG, HBG, and Bow were all either pretty good or great in 4U, dunno what they're all like in MHX apart from hearing the Steve bow getting nerfed.

That Narga just would not die!

Bow, HBG, and LBG are all shit compared to the alternative options. The new endgame elder dragon (the skeleton) gives insanely powerful weapons though.

One slot left

lol it was awesome when people timed perfect evades with his roar

>Steve has that because otherwise his weapons would be absolute garbage.
Thing is they'd only be garbage because of their shit sharpness. With autosharpen most of them have effectively infinite purple and they're the most powerful weapons of several classes hands down, outclassing any elemental variants (in 4U, don't know about X).

If you use aerial with the Steve GS every time you jump counts towards sharpening it. Shit is OP.

They're piss in MHX. Basically any weapon outclasses them. Heck, the generic bone weapons can deal more damage than Steve's weapons (when they're fully upgraded) thanks to the new Blunt skill. Weapons that have massive raw but only green sharpness (Akantor, Ukanlos, Bone, etc) are absolute monsters with Blunt.

Great!

Bushidoing the roar and doing the R finisher with the LS was pretty damn fun.

Couldn't really see if I was tripping people though. Was a clusterfuck of slashes.

sounds broken

just another reason to avoid Gens like the plague

mh5 WHEN

>you don't want to stay in demon mode
Why not?

And how easy is it to fit Blunt and whatever other core weapon skills onto a set, given how supposedly anal the game is with slots?

Narga fights need 2 more.

62-5347-2386-1235
Pass: 7890

I was going to ask how the hell blunt works.
>Sees everyone using Steve weapons
>Nobody using Akantor weapons
I was under the impression Akantor wasn't worth using, so I made a steve weapon today instead of Akantor. DAMN IT.
I even had all the mats for a fully upgraded Akantor weapon, but I wasted all my money on Steve's.

Also, are the Akantor weapons worth upgrading? I noticed they gain no attack and only change the sharpness which may or may not be good for blunt depending on how it works.

>The best one comes from horns
pretty sure the best one is mega dash juice which lasts six minutes

Blunt is a generic 10 point skill that has standard 2 slot gems giving 3 points. It can also be obtained on Bone S armor (along with Maestro and KO King and a shitton of open slots) to make rather nice armor for Hammer or HH.

For other weapons, Akantor R gives you Blunt with nothing but the arms and legs, leaving your other 3 armor pieces to be whatever you want. You can easily do Blunt, Mind's Eye, and HGE with it.

Because this isnt second gen anymore.
Stay in archdemon and spin2win, go in demon only to refill.

>for Hammer
Because of KO king? assuming it hasn't been changed that's only a 5% increase to stun buildup and does not stack with felyne slugger which is also a 5% increase, it's worthless.

Best doesn't necessarily mean longest lasting

Akantor weapons gain affinity from being upgraded, but you can go without that if you're not a speedrun whore. Any Akantor weapons with green sharpness (AKA the GS won't work. stick to Uklanlos for GS) are amazing.

It's 10% now I think, so it's not absolutely useless. It's more that Bone S gives a LOT of slots, letting you put in whatever extra skills you want.

>they're the most powerful weapons of several classes hands down, outclassing any elemental variants

this is only really true for the bow. to a lesser extent gs.

NARGA TIME
25-7612-1387-3045
Usual pass

SA, CB, HH and to a lesser extent LBG, HBG, Lance and Gunlance as well (though elemental/other shell type variants can outclass these fairly often).

1 slot left

I wanna pet Mizutsune.

why isnt he in the demo

i hate the owl!!!!!

owl is love, owl is life

00-1889-7859-2803
Owl hunters get in here

SHUSH!!!

if prowlers restore acorns when sleeping at the bed couldnt a whole team never run out of faints if they just keep going back to base camp??

can they use that nine lives skill palicoes had in 4u? :O

Go to sleep, user

I think you're probably just confused, friend.

Eww it's 2016 and Monster Hunter still looks like garbage.

I made myself a wallpaper on a whim, I don't know whether anyone will appreciate it, but I thought it was amusing.

just play the console/pc version

tried to steer clear of the solo140s territory where the gimmick is more valuable than the dmg.

>:O
Fuck off.

Is there a more comprehensive explanation of each style's basic concept and what they give for each weapon? The tutorial doesn't explain shit.

GUILD
Can equip 2 Hunter Arts, charge by dealing damage.
Closest style to how weapons play in previous games.
STRIKER
Can equip 3 Hunter Arts, charge by dealing and taking damage
AERIAL
Can equip 1 Hunter Art, charge by dealing damage and jumping off monsters/etc.
Can do a short forward hop onto monster/bomb/etc. to make you jump high & perform aerial actions
ADEPT
Can equip 1 Hunter Art, charge by dealing damage and with successful Bushido Evades/Guards
Roll or Guard (L, GL, CB only) right before you are hit by an attack to take no damage and perform special follow-up actions.

For weapon-specifics, try:

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/3u1jp0/mhx_all_style_differences_for_each_weapon/.compact

>_>

X_X

That monster hunter online is disgusting

sure glad I can look at ugly garbage in a higher resolution!

Yeah they're improving the graphics with the upcoming 2.0 update

Malfestio v Qurupeco
who wins if quropeco is allowed to summon from his standard set of monsters?

I meant that screen specifically. whoever made it must have braindamage if he thought his point was made. almost certain that upscaling the p3rd would look better.

>Summons Jho
>They both get et

I wanna getfuggedby Mizutsune

>more than two monster in an area at once
nice try, not gonna happen

youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

It's 4k but obviously suffered from youtube compression.

just joined a malfestio room with 2 lbgs 1 hbg and i went prowler

that's so fascinating

>mipmaps

asshole
malfestio seems easiest with gunner but then I've only tried bow

just got my ass handed to me by ukanlos urgent. I currently wear velciprey S and he one shot me twice. Using CB what amror/skills should I shoot for to solo this ukanlos was always a bow fight for me p3rd.

only hr7

There fixed.

Is MHO worth playing or is it a grindy-microtransaction-laden hellhole?

>Depth of Field

Absolutely disgusting, this ain't a movie

58-3986-7035-5916
PW: Rage
Narugacaruga

Posing mode does that.

holy mackerel your character has manface

Full on damage
whack the back leg all day
block the swims to end up closer when they end
don't get trampled to death

bing bang boom ded ukanlos

Need one more

Lagombi S gunner set and a pierce hbg is the most comfy. I'd help you hunt the chunk of ice meat but I've got to go to work now. Sorry.

Ah I never did posing mode yet, that shit needs to stop then

How do I type in rage. It's just numbers!

You ever seen a phone dialpad before?

He's too young

Your taste is bad, depth of field looks good and posing mode is specifically for taking pictures of your character and monsters you bagged.

dialpad? What's that?

But I'm not even old! I can't be old, r-right?

Nigga do I look like wikipedia to you?

my wrist still hasn't healed properly from playing m4hu all day and this happened 2 weeks ago i think i got carpal tunnel

I literally ruined the whole fight like an actual palico except maybe worse....I woke it up during sleep, I hit a bomb with a boomerang and I ignored at beacon showing a huge stack of bombs they set behind me

Rude!

Owl Nigger Room.
Get your J's on 'cause we going Aerial

37-1772-3694-6520
Pass is rage

Get well soon, Blanche. I miss hunting with you, bb

i want to fuck mariah

Hammer main here. I'm honestly feeling like the Styles for Hammer are all pretty lackluster. Adept is alright, but you lose the Lv1 charge swing combo, which is the Hammer's bread and butter combo starter. Striker is kind of pointless because all but 1 of the Hammer-specific Hunter Arts are mediocre. Aerial is gimmicky and you lose the golf swing which is a dealbreaker.

Guild style it is.

You sure it might not be something else? I have carpel tunnel and I have no issues playing since I don't move my wrists while playing. Either way, see a doc so you can prevent it from getting worse.