/hbg/ - homebrew general

A9LH is ballin edition

Last thread: >>don't know because clover haha
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Free games: pastebin.com/cE8EmydS
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!FlYUyIjY!ycScwGeNOerQUXgMLL2xJ5gCo-mY5fFghlrYIQtbtwU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Last thread: >>don't know because clover haha
>30 posts early

Fuck you for replying then

it's called sage.

To the guy who is having problem with the new taiko game's DLC do this to fix the problem.

>make a folder named "locals" inside the luma folder
>Inside the locals folder make a txt file named "0004000000190E00"
>inside the txt file type JPN JP

Thats all. Of course opt the option for language emulation

reminder that someone actually asked if you needed an SD card to hack your 3ds.

and he wasn't trolling

ZTD LEAK WHEN?!

I didn't have this problem
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same. Works for me. :) If I find out anything I'll PM him the fix.

Is this another meme? Is the 4th time I see this

>he didn't install a9lh on his 3DS via network
>he didn't write a program that initializes the WiFi card in the bootrom so it can look for all necessary files on a local machine
>he doesn't even have a fully functioning version of ShadowNAND
Top fucking kek.

He was asking about wiiu you dolt.

He was still fucking retarded.

I'm using cakes because I'm too lazy to change to luma or whatever the cool kids use these days., Doing the equivalent with NTR doesn't make it work for me. Guess I should just work on switching if it can manage it...

>cakes

Switching shouldn't be hard. Also that's strange that NTR is not working for you. But anyways thanks for that dlc. I didn't even knew we had any. Good luck on making it work on cakes because I know nothing about cake

I'm just gonna get off my lazy ass and switch already. All this scary new a9lh stuff was putting me off but I see I can use it with just the .3dsx and my bootloader...

Are you sure that NTR is running?
Did you double or even triple check that the titleID is written correctly in /plugin?

Euro Cakes user who had problems with Megamix, are you still there?
I'm also the same as you and it works for me.
What exactly is the problem?

Yep, yep. When I boot the game, the 3DS logo screen doesn't flash green like it does on the second game, which hasn't been region free'd.

Is it possible to run GBA roms natively on a hacked 3DS?
Not talking about VC games but actual GBA roms.
Thinking about getting rid of my DSlite to get a 2DS since I'm pretty short on money right now.

Do I actually need to pull the battery of my 3ds like step 8 of the 4th part of the guide says?

>roms
>native

Wooooow

Yeah, google VC injection.

Guess that's a no?

I mean, you could run an emulator but then you're just fucking yourself over. But ROMs aren't native to anything. The VC games and injection are the best it's going to get.

Apparently it just leaked, but I can't find it

Thanks anons, gonna check what games are available to VC.

Wait fuck, I'm retarded and used the shit from the dlc file. Looked at the title id of the cia in fbi... Works now.
I'm still gonna switch, though. Starting up ntr all the time is annoying, and it loses its hook all the time since it's an o3ds.

It hasn't

user, this shitposting has gone for a bit too long. Shit just doesn't work anymore

>>/v/341747427

There are none besides the ambassador games? So playing GBA on 3DS is just a meme, damn

>Fucking it up

I'm pretty sure all GBA games work on the 3DS except maybe one or two. Just find the .cia and install it and play.

Just make sure you follow the guides for setting up GBA support, unless you're on Luma or w/e it is that already has it set up.

>playing out of region Sm4sh
Why?

I can't access the eshop on 11.0 emunand, is my only option to piss about for hours reformatting my SD card or is there a workaround?

Did you block Nintendo's servers on your router?

>emunand
on a more serious note, what error are you getting?

>using NTR to get out of region DLC
>when Luma has a built-in lang emulator that does the same thing without the annoying boot everytime

Get with the times user

Rabi Labi Gaiden: Witch's Cat

mega.nz/#!FlYUyIjY!ycScwGeNOerQUXgMLL2xJ5gCo-mY5fFghlrYIQtbtwU

Fun cute little platformer/puzzle game.

It's 5$ on the eShop, and user mentioned someone might be willing to dump it. If anybody wants to do that, that's be very kind.

Mega link is the Japanese version**

English version is 5$ on eShop, can anybody dump it?

I know! I'm going to switch, but I can't be fucked to do that a9lh stuff now...

like this?

Is not ztd

your vim looks pretty weird my man

it's ranger

You can use Luma on emunand. You would even have to do the switch on the gif anyway if you wanted to do A9LH, so you'll be also gaining time while enjoying an actually good CFW while you don't go deep.

is it the same as Rabi 3?
can't find the cat version on eur eShop

It needs to be a .txt inside locales (not locals). Fuck knows why.

locales/00blah.txt

you don't need a9lh for luma, I switched over from rxtools to luma on my emunand in the matter of seconds just by deleting some files and adding some other

Well the game should just be called "Witch's Cat" On EUR and USA. It's not the same as Rabi Laby 3, it's a spin off though.

help, I'm following the guide and am at the step where you need to create an emuNAND

when I get to this screen and choose "complete emuNAND setup", it freezes

what did I do wrong?

I found it by searching for Witch's Cat on the EUR eShop

Anyone have the QR code for the new Taiko adventure game?

You're going to need a bigger SD card than that.

go away leddit

>1gb SD card

this, your SD is way too small. for oDS at least 4GB is recommended.

Oh sweet. Do you think you could dump it for anons?

>that fossil

Are you even trying?

jej

>decrypt9.nds
lmao

>completely missing the joke

Haha upvoted xD

Have this :D

How do you know it's from reddit?

Because I'm not 12

>not immediately recognizing an imgur filename

because the best source of 3DS homebrew news is /r/3dshacks and you'd have to be a fool to not go there because hurr hurr leddit

>any 8-char filename is an imgur filename
go away

get fucked

>Fuck, he's onto me better tell him to fuck off

I know imgur has some stuff with reddit and some meme shit, but there's no reason to assume everything from imgur is also reddit. I personally just use to upload pics and to convert a file from .bmp to .png rapidly so I can post NTR screenshots on Veeky Forums.

It most likely is though.

It literally isn't. I only went there like twice and there's nothing special about it. It's easily avoidable.

>I personally just use to upload pics and to convert a file from .bmp to .png rapidly
protip: open the bmp in mspaint and save it as png

if you're linux master race, use imagemagic (convert img.bmp img.png)

it's literal gbatemp tier retardation with "i made a root folder and it don't work" and "can someone hack undertale into 3ds pls"

This. It's really useful if you only use it for news and avoid discussion threads and shitty memes (many stolen from us). The community is pretty bad, but not nearly as cancerous as GBAtemp, or as the /b/ crossboarders make it seem.

>It literally isn't. I only went there like twice and there's nothing special about it. It's easily avoidable.
yeah, /hbg/ is the best, look at all the brews we made.

I know user. I just do it because of laziness.

What are you even trying to say

>not knowing how post timers work

I know that it is from imgur because I'm a ledditor, but it's still retarded to claim that any 8-letter filename is from imgur.

>I know that it is from imgur because I'm a ledditor

come on user, aren't you proud of all the kickass homebrews/*hax made by /hbg/ devs?

that Anonymous guy has made a lot of good stuff

>I know that it is from imgur because I'm a ledditor

well Plailect made that guide everyone's using and I know for a fact that he browses /hbg/, same with astronautlevel2

>have Veeky Forums-X
>filename automatically changed to randomized Veeky Forums-like filename
>can also upload NTR .bmps easily by just opening them in MSPaint, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V in Veeky Forums tab.

o rly? go ask them what they think of /hbg/

>randomized Veeky Forums-like filename
reminder that this was said by someone who "hacked" his 3DS

they both also browse /r/3dshacks

le epic website rivalry meme, am I right?

Plailect was a mistake

say that to his face fucker not online and see what happens
pic related, his face

Don't really know where else I can ask, are there any codes I can use for the retro arwings in Star Fox Zero?

/hbg/ is easily the host for newfags and normie casuals though.
I rate /hbg/ pretty low really. Even /v/ is better.
Probably not /b/ though.

so i have fire emblem fates special edition, and it seems i can't update it because it must not be my region, and there isn't any update for fates on CIAngel. what do, does anyone have a download link to it?

/v/ and /b/ are the worst boards

DELET

up up down down left right left right b a start

>/v/ is better
/v/ is literally the worse board of Veeky Forums tho