/dqg/ - Dragon Quest General

A place to talk about old, new and upcoming Dragon Quest games.

Square Enix Testing the Waters for Dragon Quest 11 Localization
gamespot.com/articles/square-enix-testing-the-waters-for-dragon-quest-11/1100-6440937/

Operation Hero Petition (Actually Works)
change.org/p/square-enix-localize-dragon-quest-7-3ds-and-dragon-quest-10-on-wii-u-3ds-pc-to-the-us-and-europe

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past - Official Game Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=VeInFdxmq3g

Dragon Quest Builders Announcement Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=_iSRidjaAWw

"what is the best version of each DQ game?"
I - SNES with fan translation
II - SNES with fan translation
III - SNES with fan translation or GBC (SNES is better overall, GBC has a couple more extras.)
IV - DS or Mobile (Mobile version has Party Chat restored, is otherwise identical to DS version.)
V - DS or PS2 with fan translation (DS has an additional waifu to marry, PS2 has better graphics.)
VI - DS
VII - PS1 (3DS version coming September 16th 2016)
VIII - PS2 (Mobile version is gutted, 3DS version is coming sometime in 2017)
IX - DS (Needs to be hacked to get locked content)
X - On pretty much everything (no plans yet for a western release)
XI - PS4 and 3DS and is rumored to be on the NX (coming sometime in 2017, no plans for western release yet)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YyUO2G_8410
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for what purpose

I've tried making a DQ thread here but no one notices it, breh

better to just make the threads on /v/ for now until the new games come out

i got to try breh

hellou im here to help (:

Here to say that Maya is bestest girl

It's better to keep the threads in /vr/ and /v/ for now mang

trust me

Make an FAQ

5 a best

Debora is bestest girl, only wife that can wield Hela's hammer and falcon blade.

>giving her falcon blade when she has her own fucking weapons that are pretty much falcon blade
Come on, mang.
Also, I find it retarded that Bianca gets the liquid metal shield for no justifiable reason other than being horii's marysue waifu.
At least Flora's extra magic makes sense, having studied elsewhere, and Deborah's fighter-style equipment and spellset comes from her rough personality and arcade game.

I really hope squenix go die in a fire for basically killing any possibility for dqx or the 3ds monsters games in the west this e3.

It had to be this year and this time, but now its over, its impossible for them to announce any of the games except dq83ds cuz that was announced already and its not gonna be possible later cuz the 3ds is gonna be probably replaced by the nx next year just like lbx2 and lbx wars were canned and replaced by nintendos yokai watch focus.

In conclusion...

FUCK THIS WORLD!

Let's all agree to get rid of Dragon Quest V recommended starting point for the series instead of IV meme

> IV
> Not II or III

I don't think you can fully appreciate what IV means before diving into previous ones. Also, probably V is a better startpoint for newfags than IV

IX was my first game. ......

Same here man, I need to play through all of the dragon quest games soon

>II
>SNES

With its game-breaking glitches and text issues? No thanks.

ok play through the NES version but you might kill yourself before you make it half way through the game.

The android version is the best (read: least worse) because it's the least pain-incuding, sprite ratio be damned

that's fine i guess but 2 is the worst main series DQ game.

anybody excited for builders? Not sure if vita to give it some life or ps4 for high res monsters

Huh. Last time this was tried it didn't even last a day.

I'm planning to get XI on the NX, so it'll be Vita for me. Can't beat getting cozy in bed with a comfy game like that.

What are the differences between the NES and SNES versions of II? I played the NES version of I a few years ago and decided now is the time to pick up the series again.

WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DISCUSS BEEP

A 1&2 bundle came out for the SNES in japan.
Here are the benefits.

>better graphics
>shorter
>get more xp from enemies
>2 games in 1

i'm sure there are other benefits but those are the big differences.

you don't really need a dq general, we have it in /vr/

we don't always have it up 24/7 though so everyone can kinda break because its really the same games all day

honest question why do people find dq completely addicting? I'm playing through 7 and it's good and charming but idk why Togashi stopped writing manga for like 5 years for dq

I'm getting it on PS4, but also hoping for a PC version.

Why are 7 and 8 so fucking drawn out holy shit this was a mistake

Why did the remakes of DQIV remove the spell that allows the hero to turn into the other characters?

Dragon Quest 5 on PS2 is the best version of DQV

Debora is my wife!

While most other developers were looking at the CD format and thinking "look at how many cutscenes I can cram in here!", Horii was instead thinking "look at how much longer I can make these games!"

>nipple slime
jesus christ how horrifying

DEE QUE TEN WHEN

Oh hey Page 10 what's happening?

What are the chances of them releasing DQX as an offline, single player game? They can't keep it going forever.

read the gamespot article in the OP

>Page 10 again

Can't be helped, it's primetime for Americans with shit taste to be posting in the other generals.

I'd post but I'm busy playing DQ IV. Freaking Marquis de Leon just one shots my party.

What modes does Builders have?
Is it just a Story Mode with a pre-generated world or does it have a Free Mode with randomly generated worlds as well?

I want to know this as well,Is there multiplayer as well?

I think it's singleplayer only, but said singleplayer story takes 40-60 hours to beat.
youtube.com/watch?v=YyUO2G_8410

Also, it seems there is a free build mode that you unlock after you finish chapter 1.

>playing through the dragon quest series from beginning to end
>DQI was pretty good if not grindy
>trying to get through DQII

2 is the weakest one
3 is much better than 1 or 2