/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 17th:
1244 – Following the Disputation of Paris, twenty-four carriage loads of Jewish religious manuscripts were burnt in Paris.
1631 – Mumtaz Mahal dies during childbirth. Her husband, Mughal emperor Shah Jahan I, will spend the next 17 years building her mausoleum, the Taj Mahal.
1885 – The Statue of Liberty arrives in New York Harbor.
1900 – Boxer Rebellion: Allied Western and Japanese forces capture the Taku Forts in Tianjin, China.
1940 – World War II: RMS Lancastria is attacked and sunk by the Luftwaffe near Saint-Nazaire, France. At least 3,000 are killed in Britain's worst maritime disaster.

>News
EU4 DD16/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-16th-of-june-2016.948773/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V005
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Ywmqw
strawpoll.me/10509998
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

yes yes i remember you fat fuck

t. Cobra

Repost from the other thread:

Helps anons. In Darkest Hour (Kaisereach), should I make tons of puppet states? If I do, they do nothing when I am invaded by the powerful France.

If I don't make them, the partisan rebellions kill my IC.

Playing as Austria is suffering.

HPM release when

never

Reminder to have sex.

Shaved Hitler = Best Hitler.

How do I mod in 98% participation?

What would hitler look like if he had no hair on his head like a skinhead?

not an argument

looks like a generic South German imo

Janny's word is the law.

I never know how much units to produce in my recruit tab.
Any advice?

Your advice on this would be appreciated!

Nicky

NO ERA ARGUMENTO

No. Why are you even being invaded by France.

*braaaappppphhh*

Because I vassal state'd Italy when the pope died. And I thought maybe I should get into that sweet Germany alliance.

>What would hitler look like if he had no hair on his head like a skinhead?

Reminder to pay for the games you play

.desab si tacdoP

Podcat is based

ITT: Say something nice about HOI IV

what is he saying

I do, but it would be easier to do if you'd release more complete games, or make reasonably priced collections with all DLC.

Production makes sense.

That reminds me, what's that russian imageboard that has a board entirely dedicated to gsg / strategy games?

Well what's giving you so much partisan trouble?

It makes other paradox games look good.

are you trying to shoah me

HoI4 is actually more complex than HoI3 guise XDDD

none of that order of battle tedium at the start of every game.

Anyone playing Stellaris? The best Paradox GSG?

Serbia, Romania, Italy.

I guess I will make a few calvary with military police, but I only have 50 IC to start out with so each unit is very precious. The manpower is even lower so even more precious.

Reposting from last thread:

Alright user, it's time for the next poll. This poll will decide rough starting location, and since there are so many possible choices I've decided to have this poll function just like the starting date poll, with a large, multi-choice-enabled poll to begin with, with a run-off of the top five tomorrow.

I've created an imgur album which gives the relevant mapmodes of all of the various areas included in the poll, with descriptions of their exact geographic breadth (based on de jure kingdoms) and a short-list of some characters there I thought might be interesting. Note that the lists of characters aren't exhaustive nor exclusive; I could still play a count, these are just men and women of particular interest for the region.

Also note, as before, that these characters may be totally irrelevant if the next poll decides that I'll play as a custom character, but the region I begin in will still be highly important, as that will still decide the region within which I'm creating that custom character.

The imgur album is here:

imgur.com/a/Ywmqw
imgur.com/a/Ywmqw

And the poll is here:

strawpoll.me/10509998
strawpoll.me/10509998

HOY4 brings me lots of shekels and pays for my anime and shit
t. JoJo The Handersson

Why no genocide in hoi

no endless naval ping-pong battles where one side are transports that endlessly retreats to the next province only to be engaged again.

Don't have to micromanage air attacks on ships stacking in ports.

Because genocide didn't happen during WWII?

What genocide?

Techs are better defined and less obscure than HoI3. Port Strike Organization Penalty? Target choice? Target chance?

Because it's not a fantasy game.

Johanazi pls

Supply system just works and in a way anyone can understand. no more "lets ignore the 3 100% lines and cut across the open country"

What genocide?

HOY4 is about WWII, it's not a historical fiction game.

>based marcoantonio already doing a Luxembourg WC

Use militia or garrisons with MP. Cavalry are too expensive to leave in the back.

>Play USA in victoria 2

>Have Korea in my sphere
>Japan attacks it and I obviously defend Korea

>Six months later Japan accepts status quo
>Korea instantly allies Japan
>Check Japans profile and see they have Korea as a puppet

Literally what the fuck?

>ashkenazi
>nazi
JEWS DID THE SHOAH

OY VEY

Thanks user! Will try. Militia at least have enough mobility to keep 1-2 per occupied nation.

Is playing the USA easy mode?

Divisions no longer just outright forget their previously issued orders when they run out of supply/fuel for a day.

snozefest because you have nothing to do but escaping the great depression

/gsg/, post your favorite lads

everything in HOI4 is easy mode

HOY HOY HOY HOY

BUY IT GOY

has anyone figured out how to prevent border gore with the peace conferences? any way to end your turn and immediately tag over to another country before they make their demands?

:')

Planes and tanks excess to requirements go into a stockpile that divisions pull from.

C O D R E A N U
O
D
R
E
A
N
U

Alexander is a overrated hack, his father is the real deal

Even Poland?

Haragu-am
-hitler

If you can't annex Germany by 1937 with Poland on hardest mode ironman you are retarded.

Don't have to deal with fucking convoluted OOB's for garrisoning an area.

t.rob

I like railroading desu

Even poland

Only reddit dislikes it desu

Pre-war start is actually meaningful for small nations and they can get some shit done before the shit really hits the fan.

>wanting to play the same game over and over again

Nukes have a sweet animation.

Water looks nice

I don't play grand strategy all day every day

HOI4 its isn't event driven and utterly railroaded like HoI3 is. You cannot deny the AI dones some outlandish shit at times.

ITT: Say something not nice abot Vic 2

Lads, I want to get into those autistic Matrix wargames. Which one should I start with?

casuals get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah I love sandbox games too.

Who cares about history I just wanna BLOB ALL DAY AND BLOB ALL NIGHT

THAT'S RIGHT GOY HOY HOY HOY HOY BUY IT NOW!

Ok, fuck, stop replying to this already, you're starting to make the think HoI4 is a good game.

It's shit, vicky 3 when

You can have the best economy in the world by building a liquor factory and glass factory in every state and upgrading them constantly while encouraging craftsmen.

If you control more than 50% of the world's liquor you win.

Can't zoom all the way out

Distant worlds.

how many divisions do you need for barbarossa?

sup rob

wrong thread

hey alex