/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Last thread: Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

>News
DR3 anime to be split into two parts, "Future" and "Despair"
famitsu.com/news/201603/26102228.html

Famitsu scans for upcoming DR3 anime:
i.imgur.com/tJ0SWA6.jpg
i.imgur.com/aW1rhbs.jpg

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2016 on PSVita and PS4.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE
Dangan Ronpa 3 will be a new anime scheduled for release in 2016.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=R9AQjGxQGdw
DR3 Subbed PV
youtube.com/watch?v=z3imyvTO3JA
Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
archive.today/4MSAe

Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

DR3 Profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143495291903/mirai-hen-character-profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143594993403/zetsubou-hen-introduction-and-character-profiles

Killer Killer manga revealed to be Dangan Ronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-09/killer-killer-manga-is-revealed-as-danganronpa-spinoff-in-3rd-chapter/.101865

>FAQ
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts
pastebin.com/fX2iAQpP

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=36701165
Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=mtjHBr47_p0
youtube.com/watch?v=b-zsNM4_rmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

asking /drg/ in general but Fuyuhiko user in particular, as he's Japanese and might have more access to Kodaka interviews:

can you find sources for these that supposedly come from interviews with Kodaka?
1. Maizono Sayaka was killed off early because they thought staffs would be demotivated if they had to work with Maizono throughout the main production since they had to work with her from the very beginning.

2. Kodaka regretted this choice later when demo version for DR1 was finished. When he heard Ohmoto Makiko acting out for DR, he thought it might have been a good idea to leave cute assistant around. (In the same interview some other staff said voice acting is putting a life into a character.)

3. Characters from DR1 did not join mutual killing life game in SDR2 because having to participate in death game twice is kind of cruel. (But this feels kind of irony as they put the characters in the game of death once more)

4. Kodaka thinks death of a character is ‘must-see’ part. A part that has all of that character’s essence in it. I think this was from the interview he did together with Narita-san.

No I can certainly sympathize with her on that, I get bored of stuff so easily and I just sit around jaded.

I'll never make babies with the candy maker
Quite the fabulous pose, Hiro.

I'll see what I can find, I was actually reading the source where I was meant to die instead of Saionji a week ago.

So Future anime and Despair anime will be airing at the same time? That's kinda funny. And exciting. As long as they are better than the first anime adaptation I will enjoy them both. I can't wait to hear SDR2 VAs again. Too bad for monokuma though, the first VA was perfect.

I agree, I want to hear Daisuke Kishio's badass voice again.

Wow, forgot to sleep and it's almost 8am, great start to the weekend.
Screw it, I'll sleep another time.

Ahem

How'd we call this version of you? Ishawa?

Shit, I mean uh, I'll sleep soon... I feel tired, yeah. Haha.

When I became a regular I said to myself to not be anyone's dad.

Don't make me read the consequences for constant sleep deprivation from my handbook.

I can probably find pictures on google to give you an idea of what it looks like.

now kith

Alright, alright, I get the picture, I'll do what you say... or at least I'll try

Alternative, you could stay up all day and shitpost ronpas.

Consequences of sleep deprivation
Oh you should know this one, this is fairly common knowledge.

Sleep deprivation induces significant reductions in performance and alertness. Reducing your nighttime sleep by as little as one and a half hours for just one night could result in a reduction of daytime alertness by as much as 32%.

sayakers

I was thinking of doing that.
I'll be honest, I do space out sometimes in the morning.

I stayed up for 80 hours once and all that happened is that I passed out and couldn't walk straight for a day because of neck injury.

it's not so bad.

Memory and Cognitive Impairment: Decreased alertness and excessive daytime sleepiness impair your memory and your cognitive ability -- your ability to think and process information.

If you need help with sleeping I might have something in my medicine cabinet.

I stayed up a little longer and the most that happened was passing out, but I only slept for like an hour since my karinto sustained me, but I slept for a full day the day after.

Kuzuryuu-user. How are those mods going?

I've almost finished the prologue of the DR1 in DR2 mod, I'm now starting brief work on DR Zero and DR2 in DR1.
I'm currently collecting sprites and assets for DR Zero.

Aw sweet! Will there be new CGs to go along with the mod? Like pic-related?

I plan to add new CGs yeah, I'm not the best artist in the world, but I can try making some, not to mention I have a few friends who are much better artists and are willing to help.

Funny how this sprite looks like this.

That should just be his sprite. Like the really tall dude from Police Academy/Naked Gun.

One of the best Ryoko's out there, a shame I would have to revamp it, since using waifu2x butchers the quality.
Agreed, I like it.

Huh, Matsuda's is already a big size, but the sprite artstyle itself seems a little off, especially when comparing to official artwork and other characters' sprites.

Wow, that is good.

And I just ran it through W2x just to see what you were talking about. It's not THAT bad. Surely it's easier to edit out the noise/imperfections from the bigger version than to find another Ryoko of similar quality? No?

Maybe you just have way better eyes/artistic sense than I. I spend all my time on the commandline, professionally. So not the best set of visual senses, on me.

To me it looks like the shading that's off. Could be wrong.

Yo Kuzu-chan, what's it about DR that makes it more popular than VLR in Japan? The goofiness? The more animey look?

Yeah, waifu2x is a lifesaver, it's much better than most upscaling options, so I like to use it as a basis, I'll consider your idea.
Yeah, it is most likely the shading, plus Matsuda's skin color seems off too.
'なつかしい

Good question, to be honest, VLR seemed a bit eh to us, Danganronpa wet our mouths so to speak, the artstyle, music, quirkiness, mystery, killing game theme, there was a lot of pointers that redeemed itself from VLR in general, now I'm saying this in a generic viewpoint, I personally don't mind it.

Unfortunately, it didn't sell well in Japan, I mean, that's why ZTD is getting more recognition and hype in the west after all, we're just more focused on Danganronpa, I guess it's just preference really. Pretty hard to explain, heh.

I see. Well, thanks for explaining.

No problem pal, also, Twogami's face on that picture made me lose 2 karinto.

So how many of you are converted.

To what? Tokoism? Nope.

Clearly you need more Geno"Cider".

Watashi no Naegi-kun doko ni aru no?

Actually, I lied. I'm considering to use her in this lemon I'm currently writing, so no thanks.

オーマイ

I hope its sour.

Are you ready, kids?
Are you badass enough to take on the worst of the worst?

I take my waifu Junko and bro Tanaka. I also take Kirigiri and Nidai for not being wastes of space. We face off against Naegi and Asahina, Souda and Koizumi. They are led by Monomi. I believe in my team.

>everyone dies, rekt
This is my life.

rerolling

Can I have the source of the artist that did those portraits?

>Sonia and Fuyuhiko
>Taka and Kyoko
>Hiro and Toko
>Tanaka and Hiyoko
>Mikan

Let's do this, Team Hope!

So we're basically just the ultimate despair+kirigiri.

>rape slaves for mikan
Could've been worse.

I'm dead myself, though.

Peko for waifu, Kuzuryuu for best bro, Hinata and Mondo for buddies.
Hagakure and Asahina for worst DR1, Koizumi and Hanamura for worst DR2.
Red Girl/Kurenai because why the fuck not.

Ready fo this shit.

You didn't deserve the girldick. It is too pure for you.

Why the FUCK was this allowed

>Flawless victory combat-wise, team takes over UD
better

>You die, everyone else becomes Mikan's personal fucktoys
Well, that could have gone better

>Perfect New Adventures ending
Well

Never-mind, found the artist.
Holy fuck these are good portraits.
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=36701165

You can say that again.

My team
>Celes
>Hamster boy
>Taka
>Mahiru
Enemy team
>Kyoko and Mondo
>Twogami and Akane
The final boss
>Monaca
aids and hemorrhoids for the losing team!

>everyone dies while having aids and hemorrhoids

Is that true despair?

Still a better death for Ishimaru than the shit death he had in the game.

Alright Komaeda lets do this shit.

Goddammit.

Can you eat natto?

Because Nidai made a point, I asked the assistance of uki buki to find me a trip that would work and fit me.

So now that the people who hate my guts can filter me now, and the people who like me can see my posts without toko's.

And I can post without being confused with somebody else. Though I prefer to stay user, its best if I go by some kind of handle so I don't contribute to the constant image death spam.

You don't need to tripfag, you already avatarfag, and if you really have to you can namefag.

I feel like a noob for asking, and maybe because I totally am but... how do you do the trip thing, not that I care or anything, just curious and don't see the point of it if you have a name now, I'm satisfied with just my nametag.

Well the point of the name is so I don't constantly post images without being confused. So now I can just post regularly without forcing the image limit to reach.

Veeky Forums.org/faq

I am not very knowledgeable on that myself, I googled it and how to do it and it confused the hell out of me. Then I found an image step by step guide, that confused me. Then I tried to do it myself. Yeah im fucking stupid and gave up on it.

So I asked buki to help me find a trip.

Ah right, I get it, I won't bother though.
I'm fine with just my nametag.

Very important question for you guys.
I am now working on the script for the first part of Danganronpa Zero, it will be all black background or now until I implement areas.

Anyways, the question is, do you want me to directly translate into english or is there a translated one you want me to use as a basis.
Also, should I use Ultimate or SHSL, etc etc.

Despite being a crack ship, we can't deny Naegi is relevant thanks to her.

At least we did not have to live in defeat.

where are my HD Naegi sprites? waifu2x can't get it done. also can I join the trip train? kidding

Well I felt that I pissed off enough people to justify my name tag so if people just don't want to deal with me they can filter me no problem.

Try upscaling the Vita/PC full body sprites then cutting in half.

Okay, let's do it.

My team:
Mukuro (waifu)
Gundham (best bro)
Hiro (bro)
Twogami (bro)

Villains:
Junko (obvious DR3 mastermind, don't try to avoid the truth)
Hifumi (worst boy DR1)
Celes (worst girl DR1)
Kazuichi (worst boy DR2)
Hiyoko (worst girl DR2)

We cool Toko-user, what does thyBarbery mean?

It was the closest I could get to "barber"

Don't worry about it, you're a cool mofo.
I know Thy is old English or Shakespeare or whatever it was, so it's like saying The Barber.

That's "Ye". "Thy" is "your".

Upupupu~
Quite on character, aren't we?
I'm quite lazy to care about quality, but thanks I call it Thor speak, do not bully

Ah shit, sorry, Old English or English in general is not my forte.
I'm actually trying my hardest not to go full Nihongo on you guys.

>Old English
This bugs me on an unspeakable level

In what way?
I don't know if it's referred to as something else.

I always fond of the Barbershop quartet when I was younger. I joined choir because I wanted to form my own but everyone was too insecure about their sexuality to join my quartet.

youtube.com/watch?v=mtjHBr47_p0

youtube.com/watch?v=b-zsNM4_rmg

The archtypical "old" words such as Thy, thou, shalt, art, etc. are technically part of modern English.

"True" Old English was a different language entirely.

Try reading the original version of Beowulf. You will see what I mean

This made me think about the Looney Tunes for some reason. Do you know where the writefriend is? I need him to write about Celes as the Lead girl or About teaming up with her to kill Kyoko

No I don't, I don't think I even know the handle he goes by when he posts outside of the general.

I saw the new Sun and Moon pokemon, so I ended up making this.
Ah, I see, sorry for the misunderstanding, I'll look up on that shortly. Damn, I feel like such a Sonia Nevermind right now.

SHSL needs a hug and a friend

I just wanted to make Mikan happy and help her conquer her insecurities :(

Just wanna rub her fringe and hear her out. Prob couldn't save her alone but hey, relieving their burdens is nice

I don't hug murderers.

But she's insane, she'd try to do dangerous things to my body and the Island mode ending made me think she can't be fixed. Shall we talk about this or let it go?

>Wanting to hug and befriend filthy despair scum.

I am pretty sure everyone needs a hug at this point. Nobody came out these situations okay.