/acg/ Guarded Midpoint General

Revival edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/06/13/fromsoftware-has-three-games-in-development-with-one-likely-being-a-new-armored-core/#68ea945f157a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Got some nice matches in tonight as a merc using my new Knocker tank. Forced the all-UNAC team guy to try and counterbuild me specifically with an entire team of Fortress Quad snipers, since anything close to the ground kept getting run over by glorious treads.
Ahab, I don't suppose you'll be on tonight considering all the power outage shenanigans? Because if not I'll go to sleep pretty soon.

Nope. I took off to go hang out with people who have power. Go to sleep.

I thought you were calling me a weakling for a second, kek

anyone not doing anything wanna FA?

>AC4/ACFA
>the most dumbed-down AC

Do you care to back up this wildly vague opinion?

Bump.

>Get destroyed
>Go back to th drawing board
>Build a new mech
>Feels good
>Confident enough to test against players
>Get destroyed
>tfw deserve to be in a normal

Maybe someday I'll be as strong as you guys.

Don't worry, everyone can overcome shitty AMS aptitude.
Well, except Wonderful Body.

Are you still online?

bump

Bumpo

Kind of surprised we let the previous thread die honestly.

I know, the OP was so amazing I thought it would last forever.
Actually I was about to post something and when I was done typing it was already archived

>Actually I was about to post something and when I was done typing it was already archived

It happens.

HAPPENING.

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/06/13/fromsoftware-has-three-games-in-development-with-one-likely-being-a-new-armored-core/#68ea945f157a

That link is old news and your image is fake. Fuck off, thank you

>Old
>It came out 5 days ago.

It was in the last thread, it's unlikely for there to be more people in this thread than the last before 300 posts. Old news.

>Disclosure: I know members of the development team at FromSoftware personally.

How can we trust him? this sounds like a "my dad works at X"

The disclosure is literally there to help us trust him. That's what a disclosure is. If he had made this article and not disclosed that, it would look a little suspicious if people found out later.

that fucking pic.

Well everthing and everyone belives that FROM is working on a new AC game, but as the article said, what about if it is a reboot like demons souls?

I'm completely down with it, it would let them get out of the ballclenchers known as Bandai Namco.

After all this years, I will miss the name Armored Core if that happens. I just hope they dont try to "experiment" with the gameplay because is a reboot, like going from a third person shooter to a hack and slash game with mechas.

last one

They're probably not working on an AC right now, but it's at least confirmed to come out in a few years.

Disregard the first part of this post, read the article wrong. At least we'll probably see a reveal trailer before /acg/ throws in the towel. For the record, I feel like /acg/ is one of those generals where for all intents and purposes, should be dead, but will always refuse to be so.

/acg/ is that one heavyweight AC getting shitfucked in a free for all where everyone else is bouncing all over the place in lightweights, but the lone heavy just refuses to fucking die for some reason, even when the lightweights start ganging up on him. Then some cunt closes in to try and blade him to death but he just pulls out a physical blade and punches the blader in the face and one shots him.

Bump

Has anybody read any good manga recently?

ACFA, more than any game in the series, lets you equip whatever feels right/looks cool and be successful. It doesn't punish you for not figuring out how the game works and just jumping in and spamming weapons. The single player is incredibly easy.

Top-tier stuff is only 'equally' complex to other games because of the amount of reaction time and aiming precision that's required.

>Get home
>Studio president Hidetaka Miyazaki told 4gamer that FromSoftware is working on an action role-playing game with a dark fantasy setting and hinted at a new installment in the "Armored Core" series.
Is it true bros?

>Physical blade on a heavy
No wonder he's getting fucked. Learn to kick, bro

A new AC game of some form is confirmed. We don't know if it's one of the 3 next games, or something coming afterwards.

The only evidence that it might be one of the next 3 games is that it's confirmed one of them is a reboot of an old series.

You might want to clarify that in the future then, because as far as mechanics go it is much more broad and nuanced than any previous title. FA is the third easiest game in the series though, next to 4 and SL.

Bump.

>SL is easiest

Did you not play 3?

I wouldn't call FA "nuanced". It just put numbers to stats that were already in previous games. But it also dumbed down things like acceleration/top speed (making it pure thrust/weight except for overweight ACs) and making the lock box 'fuzzy (worse lock on the corners)' and invisible.

But overall, the changes to 4/FA (nuanced or not) mostly reflected making the game easier to for single player for a new audience.

Why do people like merrygate so much?

She's really nice and she has a vagina

Bump.

>Reg 1.15
It feels like cheating.

I was charmed by the voice

He wasn't talking about VD bro

That paint job is a fucking hate crime against the AC

Bump.

I want to Kill Shamir!

But you're too much of a scrub to do it?

Only on hard.
My AC feels Sluggish compared to quad legs.

You know, since she uses slug weaponry?

Bump.

Bump.

Yes, user. I get it. Don't explain the joke next time please.
You can pretty comfortably stay in the air and just plink her to death iirc

what genre are you looking for?

Nice voice, and probably one of the niciest pilot out there. You cant have a bad time with her.

bump

Bump.

El Bimpo

Da bimpo

Interesting how this place doesn't result to blogging at the cost of dying.

But who's the best wingman series wise?

Celebrity Ash or bust.

Acceleration/top speed has been delegated to average speed, which is much more efficient in telling you how fast your AC is generally, especially considering top speed would be a useless mechanic in gen 4 anyway. Mechanics like stability, Primal Armor, different stage boosting, and how literally every part class and even some individual parts change flight patterns does add nuance to how you pilot an AC, and how you spec it out.

I don't quite know what worse lock on the corners is supposed to refer to, I'm assuming it means the corners of the screen. If that's the case my lock doesn't have any trouble tracking enemies that are even beyond my screen when I play with /acg/, and the lock on mostly has to do with why the game is so easy. Having an automatic lock allowed the control scheme to be pretty much perfected for this type of game. It takes more skill to juggle aim, movement, and weapons in the previous titles.

When was this place not dead?
When did you reach reach bump limit?

Bump

We had a 750 reply thread up a couple weeks ago. Activity levels fluctuate.

The dude in ACVD, because you can kill him and go do the mission on your own.

Check out this Immelmann dance Ahabu

Anyone up for SAVD?

>those knees

>he skipped knee day

>not breaking your knees backwards so you can jump higher

>not just amputating both your legs and attaching yourself to an electric wheelchair

>not attaching four legs so you can finally beat people at the sideways jump exercise

>not just grafting a rocket booster to your hips where your legs once were

>not adding 4 boosters

It's good to be back. We live again. Anyne got any interesting AC related news?

>limiting yourself to modifications of the base humanoid frame
>not starting over from scratch and building something far superior
Your answers are weak.

>being a giant can opener

I have nothing to do.

anybody wanna...?

>this is Omer's top AF
>Dissing Motherwell while at it
Though best one was AF Great Wall.
>GA's Leader is a descendant of Trump
No wonder Algebra NEXTs despise them.

>GA's Leader is a descendant of Trump

Canonically, what is the strongest single entity in all of AC? That could mean Arms Fort, AC, Pulverizer, anything like that.

It's interesting how little to no visible humans are apparent in AC.

Strayed's NEXT from ACFA. If you exclude player characters it gets a lot harder to narrow down. I'd say White Glint, but that's technically also a player entity.

Either way it's probably something from the 4 era.

>all corps focused on building AFs
>get killed by a Lone Lynx
Should've focused on using Aspina pilots and building a mix between a NEXT and AF
Strayed is scary considering he beats Anatolia's Raven in server all feats before beating him.

Is there any new information for on AC6 yet?

The Internecine.

White glint or strayed.

Maybe the last raven too

No one except for player characters could take down Answerer. Thus Answerer being the strongest thing in existence.

Except 4a Era also had the most powerful cores by far. So it would have to go to a pilot from that era

You'd think they would have a back up NEXT considering white glint is still registered on Collared and seems to do missions, earning Coam.

Also blows that he doesn't appear insuring the ORCA arc or as a wingman in. any other mission than his own.

Honestly, White Glint and Line Ark could have been completely removed from FA and it would still be the same game.

I feel the role of Line Ark was as a distraction to lead the player to belive they were going to be the main faction that will drive the war against the corporations, making ORCA somehow a surprise.

Bump

What I mean is that all ACs accellerate on the same curve in AC4/FA. There's no accel vs top speed tradeoff like in other games, raising your top speed raises all of your other speed stats. That's why movement is really floaty when slow. Every other game has different accelleration profiles depending on booster stats.

I meant when the target was in the corners of the screen, not the AC. The further your target is from the center of the screen, the worse the lock time, response time, and tracking.

It's the same lock box as Last Raven, but with a "fuzzy" lock box outside of it that gets worse and worse the further away from the center depending on your stats. Both of these changes were made to 'clean up' the gameplay so you can more easily just jump in and spam weapons.

In terms of raw skill, the player character from AC:LR, mostly because he didn't have human plus when everyone else did.

In terms of raw firepower, Probably N-WGIX/v from ACVD. While the single player version is obviously weaker than a next, the multiplayer version probably packs more firepower on an even playing field than anyone else.

In terms of both? Strayed from ACFA.

But if you put the pilot from AC LR into Strayed, that would be the most powerful combination of skill with the firepower to match.

The arms forts weren't really all that powerful. They even explain in-game that they were mostly next deterrents, not actual weapons intended to destroy pilots. Hard mode Motherwill is probably the most powerful arms fort.

This is a good answer, if only it had been allowed to keep building. Unlike arms forts, all of the pulverizers were legitimate threats.

No other AC game did the whole "accumulate battle data to create the ultimate weapon" thing better than ACLR.

I don't see Ahab posting alot in this thread. I think I know how to lure him out~

Did other game did that for starters? I think only LR have the evolving weapon things in the serie, how good it does when you compare it with other stuff is different.

With furry?

ACVD had J/the foundation, ACFA had the arms forts, the PS1 games had Nine Ball, ACSL had IBIS. All of which were "ultimate weapons" that were improved or involved over time, usually with some input from the player character

>put the pilot from AC LR into Strayed

if that happens, it would be the most OP character in any mecha related crossover.

>ACVD
I dont think that really counts, since they just shift from using another ACs to a NEXT, they just tried to kill you with a far superior machine

>ACFA
those dont count, I think they dont fit the concept

>Nineball
same with ACVD, it just goes from normal to super mode.

when talking about "evolving weapon" I feel it has to appear multiple times and each time improving little by little until it reach the ultimate weapon phase, just going from normal (Nineball/Reaper Squad) to ultimate weapon is like going into a super mode instead of actual "evolving" (J/Nineball seraph). IBIS is super weapon already. with no "normal" mode.

Now that I think about it, you could also argue that VD's protag is pretty high up on the list of most dangerous AC characters since he singlehandedly takes down a Next using the equivalent of a custom Normal.