/pg/ - Persona General

Previous: LATEST NEWS-
>Persona 5 will be releasing September 15th in Japan; February 14th in North America; TBA in Europe
>Caligula will be released Spring 2017
>Persona 5 stream confirmed for July 19th
>PS4 exclusive Collector's Edition for Japan and NA
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for preorders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5A: The Day Breakers to air in September 2016
>New Dengeki Playstation Magazine to feature P5 news June 23rd
>Winter of Rebirth releases on BD August 3rd, 2016
>20th anniversary concert to take place on August 13th, 2016
>Next Persona Magazine to release Summer 2016
>20th Anniversary FES to take place at 3331 Arts Chiyoda in December 2016

-SCANS-
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

-INFO-
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
-GUIDES-
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

-DOWNLOADS-
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua

-MANGA-
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Thanks for adding back /pg/ on the subject

what's even the point anymore

Im gay

Adachi did nothing wrong

I wish to marry Fuuka and to grow old and joyful with her

For the future most popular fujoshit pair!

Yes, their pair pleases me. Now all we need is confirmation that he is the "light" element user.

Will he be a better bro then Junpei or a complete faggot like Yosuke?

FeMC a cute!

Why do people make it seem like Junpei was a good "bro" character? I'd say he was the third worst bro character out of the 4 mainline Persona games.

You want him to strive for Eikichi tier, not third fucking place.

For John Hardin?

FOR LOVE!
FOR JUSTICE!

For starters him and Anne are actual friends and she'd casually put her arm on his shoulder.

Unlike Chie and Yosuke or Yukari and Junpei.

I thought this nigger died.

To the people what can distinguish Japanese VA:

Was it Ikeda that voiced the last line in PV4 about the plebeians and should be shut down?

He did for a few months then came back again somehow.

I hope they use real guns not an airsoft.

From the conversation with Munehisa, I think besides dealing with airsoft guns, he's also selling real firearms behind the doors. Ryuji somewhat convinces him to supply the group with real firearms for Palace exloration.

>yfw you need max charm and courage to date Goro

Murrica

>there will never be a scene where Potter gets molested in the train

>you must max his Cooperation in order to save his life and fuck him
>if not he'll betray and kill you
Atlus would

>Those nails
Disgusting

That's just evil, but I can see that happening.

>uses Light
>is Light

If he were also voiced by Miyano I'd call some cross-universe shenanigans

I think if it was real guns the rating wouldn't be cero C. Japan is really touchy about violence. A lot of Western games get a cero Z in Japan because of it.

Reminder: Tae is a fuckable cooperation.

>Fare gates don't have doors

IMMERSION RUINED

What else can you expect from 3-fags? They have to live in their delusions.

Really? It was that and not the hundred gray shadow #FE-tier NPC's that pop in and out everywhere and don't even have hitboxes?

>Getting caught checking your phone in class means the teacher throws an eraser at you so you gotta be stealthy

Isn't cero Z when the game show actual blood and gore?

Even though it has a real guns in it, as long as not showing bloody injuring effect of getting shot, I don't think the rating change.

No because people look faceless bodies all the time when you don't really pay attention to your surroundings.

Honestly the amount of attention to detail to everything is kind of amazing, even the amount of English you in the train station itself is pretty close to the amount you would see in Japan. I think the only thing missing is the "no selfies" signs.
I wonder if the train announcements will also be in English after the Japanese announcements.

>No because people look faceless bodies all the time when you don't really pay attention to your surroundings.
>Honestly the amount of attention to detail to everything is kind of amazing
>5 base random NPCs
>They don't even have hitboxes
>Fine
>amazing
>Attention to detail

I'm talking about the surroundings.

>Stop slutting about and get moving

Will Atlus reveal the year the game takes place in, or will it forever be a mystery?

I can't wait for the harem party all out victory posing

Mmmm armpits

What's the verdict /pg/, is his design good?
Personally, I love it.

I was wondering why he was wearing headphones on his hat like that (it adds a little color but looks goofy once you realize what they are), but then I realized they're probably the type of noise-cancelling headphones you use at a shooting range.

Munehisa looks like Junpei got a mentorship from Baofu.

Those are indeed sound protection mufflers. I even know the brand.

>skipping leg day

Would you hang out with your Persona, /pg/?

Seems like she knows how to give em a nice clean shave and stufF

Technically we're always hanging out with our Personas, user.

Marsyas has been kind of gross since the whole Apollo deal but sure, why not

That's deep.

Neat, senpai. That's a good attention to detail.

I hope his Co-Op Link has a scene with him and Joker at a shooting range (if there's one in his shop/in the game at all).
Maybe even just him showing Joker and Ryuji how to aim and shoot a gun when they first come to buy from him.
He's a cool-looking dude; I'm glad he gets a C-Link. He's a good contribution to the previous Hanged Mans (/Men?)- a small child and a depressed brother. And Baofu and Chidori
That's a line-up I'd like to see.

Considering how quickly P4 came out after P3, do you think we'll see the same with P5 and P6?

Can you also make a webm of Phantom Baton Touching her please?

No.

P4 was a half assed rushed development that they created on the fly by their own admission. They went in thinking they were hot shit and knew how to make games and just did whatever they wanted.

P5 was them going back to basics and actually planning everything out from the start. They said they would never do a P4 style development again.

I'm sure of it. If they're making 170+ HD demon models, you know damn well they're going to use them again.
I imagine they've already got some ideas for P6 set in stone and might start actual work on it sometime next year.

You need to face reality, of course not.

Most likely since it seems the bulk of P5s development time was the new engine. It also depends on how much they want to milk P5 and considering this is the biggest thing they've ever done they probably will.

>They said they would never do a P4 style development again
Source?

It's going to be SMT5 user and you know it.

>2017 release
I think about this every day and it makes me sad. How do I cope?

I wouldn't be surprised if P6 also took place in Tokyo so they can reuse some of the assets they have made. They have shown so many areas that are pretty large.

see
Your post actually makes a stronger case for SMTV considering they're always set in Tokyo.

Oh wait, no, SMT5 is going to reuse the Tokyo assets.

It's possible, but Persona and SMT are made by different teams without a lot of overlap at this point. They can work on both. We might even get a new age of SMT games, like Raidou and such.

Or they might just keep SMT on handhelds as is.

Play other video games you haven't beaten yet. Get a hobby. Adopt a cat. Learn to cook. Read a manga.

Imagine being from Europe and having to pre-order an import version and wait ages for it to arrive.

>SMT game
>on consoles
Nah, get ready for more handhelds.

You're forgetting that SMT:Nine and SMT3 assets were used for a decade in almost every console game they made.

They're also making traditional Kaneko demon designs instead of using the various 4/F redesigns on top of having a new engine that isn't some weird chibi super deformed stuff.

Mix bleach and ammonia, put yourself into a coma. Wake up in 8 months.

I only just now noticed Palladion is wearing the same dress as Aigis when she's first met on the beach.
Am I an idiot?

Indeed you are.

I didn't notice it either, but I'll call you one anyway so no one will notice.

Yes you are retarded you mouthbreathing braindead dumbass P4fag.

Right, but the reason SMT was moved to handhelds is because they don't seem to really sell well enough to justify big budget console releases. Persona does, evidently.

With that said, I'd love for an SMT V or Raidou III on PS4. I'm sure there's enough of a market for it now, especially with the PS4 selling pretty well.

>but the reason SMT was moved to handhelds is because they don't seem to really sell well enough to justify big budget console releases. Persona does, evidently.
It makes sense to justify your SMT by using Persona. All you need is one Persona game in Tokyo so you can churn out the Tokyo assets and have it be paid off by the Persona game.

Tokyo in SMT it's a post apocalyptic wasteland the P5 assets wouldn't fit well

It'd be really strange to outright reuse map assets from Persona 5. It's not like Persona 3 and 4 reused maps from Nocturne and DDS.
Also what said. It wouldn't fit.

They've never reused maps outright save for small hub sections. However they're making new models for Kaneko demons and have a working demon negotiation system in P5.

So in Persona 3, turn order is randomized with MC guaranteed to go first, right? Or am I missing something, because it doesn't look like Agility or anything else impacts it.

Honestly you just add some garbage bags on the ground and dirty up the place a bit and it would look like SMTIV's Tokyo assets just higher quality.
Like the actual tokyo bits indoor aren't super fucked up in SMT, its the outside world of Tokyo that is the most fucked up.

I wonder if they are going to have the Ginza underground mall in P5 with the fountain.

It's not that hard to just take those already built P5 assets and change them a bit for a post apocalyptic setting. The point is that P5 already did half the work and makes things easier for them. Also as the other guy said, P5 also already has a demon negotiation system which they could just use again.

The maps in P3/P4 were super small anyways. Look at the webm's above, the areas are pretty large and plentiful.
In this webm alone, There is:
Ginza Ticket Station
Shibuya Central district
Shibuya subway mall
Shibuya underground passway

Each with an area that looks larger than any area you could explore in P3/P4's map.
Maybe the Ginza Ticket Station is smaller than a P3/P4 area, but its a ticket station.

>Honestly you just add some garbage bags on the ground and dirty up the place a bit

shadow negotiation user... also SMT negotiation it's based on demons extorting you that was never a thing in the persona series and I highly doubt it will be now.

shut up Yukiko

Did you never piss off a demon in P1 and got charmed 50 times?

I wish I had a cat.

My cat flips the fuck out whenever anyone is near it and starts rolling on its back and purrs like mad starring at the person, if they slowly walk away the cat like shuffles on its back towards the person.

Fucking slut.

Did you have the cat spayed/neutered?

We don't know that they aren't using 4F/A redesigns. We'll know if Odin is a superhero or evil Buddha appear. We've only seen a few so and some like Mithra and Silky haven't had 3D models.

Go away Bob

Not my fault you're getting NTR'd by your own cat.

Wow, how did you even raise your cat to be such a whore?

>Japan gets to touch Fire Emblem characters on the face, but has the ending scene in Ground Zeros censored.
>America gets the uncensored Paz gore, but isnt allowed to pat anime girls on the head.

Hopefully not, P4 missed alot of things at release, that's why they released Golden. I have no idea how people can prefer the original. After playing Golden it's impossible for me to go back, original P4 feels unfinished.

On another note, could someone please post those magazine scans of the characters in their new thief outfits?

Goro will be either Temperance or Judgment.

/pg/ nooooo!