/w*g/ - Wildstar General - Dandy Guy in Space Edition

PREVIOUSLY ON /w*g/ (Cross-thread)

>What is WildStar?
A Free-to-Play space-fantasy MMO with a focus on combat with aiming and dodging, an extensive player housing system, 20-man raids, platforming, warplots(>.>;) and more.

>Iso's in-depth Wildstar Review/Guide
steamcommunity.com/app/376570/discussions/0/357288572116851778/

>Official Links
wildstar-online.com/en/
store.steampowered.com/app/376570
twitter.com/WildStar
forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/

>What server should I play on?
There are only two mega-servers depending on region. Entity for NA and Jabbit for EU.

>Server Status
twitter.com/WildStarOps

>/w*g/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/wildstargeneral

>Discord Server - Veeky Forums
discord.gg/014FGXMcRuqZfJlv9

>Discord servers (non-Veeky Forums affiliated)
General Server - discordapp.com/invite/0TrMr9NtcKuxgDn3
EU Server - discordapp.com/invite/0XxxgVSJaRtLDKkc

>News, Announcements, and Updates
Starfall event is currently active through June.
Space Chase event is running from June 10th-20th.
forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/forum/197-information/

>Useful links
Trailers & WS Flicks: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvkoaU6imUUolBSP5ftqUA4E
Gameplay footage & DevSpeaks: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvmmnQIbaIEOR_AY-smwRt1l
WS Livestreams: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvlIWUCT2QRhyu76qOvf_R-C
Extended OST: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYI9EPUJIJn-hHtogLyY4ecvW80Xx-_7M (Vol. 1 now on sale)
Class builds : ws-base.com/ , forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewforum.php?f=4

>Active /w*g/ Circles
Ask for invites in thread or in steam chat
Entity -
Dominion : DROPKIX (Whisper Ijio Nano, Kezan Nano)
Exiles : Space Dandys (whisper Bird Eye, Sly One, Rock Bro)

>Addons
mods.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar

>FAQ
pastebin.com/5BcsgXtz (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

wildstar-online.com/en/news/2014-10-10-wildstar-naming-guide-part-two/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Chupa

2nd for the rightful owners of Nexus

I mean, you're not wrong.

why is circle chat so fucking DEAD all the time

At this point, even if I never get raid attuned, I just want groups to do the first few boses so I can eventually work towards the adorable battle boots.

holy shit I like this game but it makes me furious how you can't walk 2 steps without aggroing a monster and just being in combat slows you down by like 50%

which circle chat

it's much more tame at level 50 when nothing wants to fuck with you

if you hold shift while in combat you move at the speed you did when you weren't in combat

thanks, this is very useful to know. I thought sprinting had been removed from the game entirely

I normally talk a lot but I'm inhibited in a public setting

I also haven't been around long enough to know the general tone of the circle chat

dominion but i assume exile isn't much better

Exile is a bit chattier. The Discord also is living.

he didn't give a shit about my Geist either

that is fucking hilarious

>DROPKIX
I think chatter in there died down a good bit after most of us wound up in the same guild together anyway.
Was easier to just talk in guild chat and throw a message in circle chat when necessary for the few people that were still guildless or had found a different one to join.
If a bunch of new people start chatting up a storm in there then it could find a renewed purpose, since the lack of spreading out kinda killed the point of using it, but that doesn't seem too likely with everyone and their goddamn mother going Exile.

Hopefully when they drop the faction barrier on chat it'll be removed for circles too so we can have a unified Veeky Forums circle instead of having it be split up between sides.

I remember at launch that jump challenge took me at least 50 times to finish

the joys of playing in australia

rate the pvp in this game from 1-10

pulling people off cliffs is more fun than proper pvp though

It's back

pulling them off and quickly jumping back up is even better

Seeing a goldseller that's not communicating through a glitched computer actually makes me want to buy from them just for not being a total fucking eye sore.

today wasn't so bad after all

just two more bronzes to go until I can go to the next step of the genesis key

It's good to see you make progress in the attunement. God forbid you had to go through all of the extra steps that we had. World bosses without teleporting, special events, silvers in non-patched dungeons... it was the worst.

Top 3 cutest things in Wildstar:

1. Lopp
2. Scanbots
3. (You)

thanks

oh my

game gave me a token for a level 80 weapon thing. Crafted it and it came out level 90.

Most of my gear is between 50 and 70 though since I quit not long after the game came out.

What's the average gear level of people?

>What's the average gear level of people?

ilvl 45-50 for a fresh 50
ilvl 80-85 for a dungeon geared character
ilvl 90-100 for a GA raid geared character
ilvl 100-120 for a DS raid geared character

116, you're very behind

Oh well, time to not ever catch up.
I was queued for pvp for an hour and nothing popped anyway, and that's all I really cared to do since I fly solo.

well good job logging on after the pvp power hour

I almost got my first open world kill today. it was EXCITING

>Oh well, time to not ever catch up.
Arcterra can get you dungeon geared incredibly quickly.

which is why we have it, senpai

we kept scaring noobs off when we had to tell them to grind content none of us will do

>I thought sprinting had been removed from the game entirely

They really need to revert perma-sprint. I keep seeing people who think this.

Who is behind this post

need to reiterate that sprinting in combat is still vital*

I will not go back to jogging around nexus

then the noobs left, and game was so ded they could only afford to uphold one server
KEK

the euros still have a server, so that's 2
KEK

>page 10
don't die

I'm fucking dead of adorableness.

top lopp

I miss 4 plat CREDD

So, should filthy casual who never played any mmo as myself even try this game? I would play for the plot and quests, and solo. So, should I try?

Sure. It's worth leveling to cap once and you can do it solo, plus it's free.

>filthy casual who never played any MMO

You're going to get fucked in the ass.

On the one hand it has some pretty nice casual content at endgame now, and the housing system. On the other the group content is easily the best part of the game, while the story...Eh. That said, even though the story is bad the atmosphere is pretty good.

>Formula: Liquid Confidence

It's fun at low levels and learn as you go. If it keeps being fun, keep playing. When it starts to suck, stop.

Unless you have serious issues with controls or combat, this is a fun experience anyone can get a few hours of enjoyment from.

I love this. I hope crabmine sneaks in more cute cut scenes.

>I would play for the plot
>plot
It's non existent

There has been plenty of story stuff for me so far.

>tfw protogames as a new healer

This is fucking brutal and the tanks never dodge telegraphs I should have told myself not to bother healing as a medic until I got that focus recharge skill. It is fun though I'll say that.

Well I'm glad you like filler, I bet you like carbs irl too

Don't worry, it doesn't get better people get worse

This is not good news. Most tanks I partied with are undergeared and while the stats of armor in this game are a little complicated it didn't take me much time to learn what to equip and what not to. I was hoping it got better around the next dungeon.

>tfw trying to heal a tank through the cleaves on the ice stage of protogames

just kill me now

Newfriends can't into carrying more than one set of gear. To be fair, needing to do that is a little crazy for baby leveling dungeons. Eventually people may learn to dash and sprint, but having leveled a healer myself most recently, it's frustrating being geared enough for a dungeon, yet feeling undergeared because you can't keep everyone alive through their own failures.

Don't let that scare you off though, it just makes the victories that much more magical. It's great having a group that pulls it together and ones that actually know what they're doing.

>Don't let that scare you off though, it just makes the victories that much more magical. It's great having a group that pulls it together and ones that actually know what they're doing.

I'll try to not let it scare me but I'll be lying if I said if I wasn't worried.

Get a good tank friend. Non-braindead DPS is actually pretty important too but having someone you can trust tanking alleviates much of the butthurt.

bump

>friend

Most of the tanks that try to add me are the ones surprised I healed them through the bullshit also I'm more apologetic than I need to be. I hate seeing dead mates.

Why is it so fun to play a healer in this game? I've never enjoyed healing in any MMO until this one.

because it's less casting spells and more shooting healing lasers and it's everybody else's fault if they don't stand in them

How's pvp bg leveling in comparison to questing?

Agreed. I never considered healing until Wildstar.
Shit as queues don't pop. Hang in the LFG/pvp channels and keep an ear out for popped queues. The pvp levelers were in the 15-29 bracket last I saw.

>I would play for the plot

If you like lore, go with scientist as your path. Endlessly scanning things is kindof annoying, but you build an archive full of races, events, locations, etc. that you can read at your leisure.

Also, due to my erratic work schedule, I've never raided in this game and still have fun.

Just because you don't like the story, doesn't mean it isn't there. This isn't a JRPG.

>people don't blame the healer on a wipe
I don't believe you.

They blame the healer, but it doesn't mean it's the healer's fault.

it's true, people even apologize to me for not staying close enough, it's incredible

>queues don't pop
Aw, did they get rid of all the bots? When I played there were fast queues but a 50% chance the entire enemy team was bots...

>when the official website spells your race wrong

wildstar-online.com/en/news/2014-10-10-wildstar-naming-guide-part-two/

They did months ago. I kinda wish they hadn't as it at least got lowbie BGs popping.
No one likes inbred humans, not even Carbine

Literally the most uninteresting race so who cares

>tfw no mega waifu

THE NEXUS PROJECT...

I really hate how you can play the entire game through the group finder once you hit lvl 10. I don't think you even have to discover dungeon entrances before you can que anymore. New players won't know what it's like to group up together and travel to the dungeon entrance as a group.

people vote disbanding dungeons immediately after a 30 minute queue just because it was one they didn't like is going to make me quit this game faster than anything else

was it ultimate protogames or vet protogames academy?

Yeah, but having to discover them also made the queues less frequent. Giving the dungeons more experience means there's more incentive to stay too, or do them more than once. It's a great thing for breaking up the leveling experience...When they still pop.

...did you ever have to? I've played since headstart and only know where STL is

kel voreth you didn't have to on exile side since it's located in auroria, which is a dom zone.

queues are cancer anyway. It's a much better idea to try putting a group together through chat than to queue and end up with a group that vote disbands after the first boss wipe because no one else gives a shit.

academy

I don't care how "hard" that first boss it, academy is the easiest vet dungeon

asdmasdkoasdmi

>queues are cancer anyway.

Ever since WoTLK I've been both for and against queues. There is no doubt that building your own group is and leads to a much better experience, but there's also a reason every MMO worth a shit has had them since.

Has anyone here SEEN warplots?

THICC,they gave the best models to the npcs

this feels like a meme but I don't know it

Queues are fine for something more casual, like expeditions, but not for something that requires coordination and knowledge of the fights.

for the first 6-8 months after the game's initial subscription release warplots were not yet in the game, but the launcher had a message on it stating

>Have you SEEN warplots?

>best models
Done you mean, beast models?

I'm pretty sure they were in at launch, just no one did them because lol pvp and bugs.

I don't think they were

people did pvp on the Pergo server at least, though initial pvp at launch was a total clusterfuck because everyone died in 2-3 seconds

Don't forget the ">.>"

They were definitely in at launch. Architect had an entire skill tree for crafting warplot stuff. Would they include all that for a feature that isn't ingame?

>what if we took housing and applied that to pvp?

Warplots sounded so cool but ended up being so bad.

wasn't it "in the game" in the same way datascape was "in the game?"

One of the conspiracy theories about why the original attunement was so hard was because DS was buggy as shit and basically unfinished, so Carbine wanted to buy themselves time.

>Carbine wanted to buy themselves time

Or perhaps they were just dicks.

#HARDCORE!

>that guy works for Blizzard now