80% of Day Traders Lose Money

>2016
>falling for the 'trading' meme

C U C K S

curiousgnu.com/day-trading

hehe just saw it, made me laugh. TA analysis cuck with their fibonnacci spaghetti

How much did you lose?

>It's another "only dumb people lose money! Im gonna get rich becus I believe!" Gambler episode

That means 20% make money

Yes, money they will lose when they will be part of the 80% the next year.

wtf i love dollar cost averaging with yearly rebalancing now

I dont understand, 90% of business fail the first year, trading is a business you know. Treat it like a business and you will do well.

Until then quick being faggots and learn to trade. Not only will you be the most knowledgeable in the markets, but you will acquire a skill that can be used anywhere around the world.

>Treat it like a business and you will do well.
Let's see your brokerage account brah. Obviously you know the secret to successful trading, you should be rich by now.

>Treat it like a business and you will do well.

But it's gambling. I can't "treat playing the slot machine like a business", because it's not.

Who 20% here?

16% YTD on my $4500+ portfolio.

>4500 portfolio

You got buttfucked too?
Can't have been as bad as OP's reaming.
He actually made a thread.

>four-figure portfolio

Jesus Christ just save your money

On what? Also, don't let people shit on your mini-savings, keep appreciating it and it'll grow big and strong.

16% of $4500 dollars is $720 dollars. You made fucking $720 dollars in 8 months, and you think that is an accomplishment? That is the dumbest shit I've ever read on this board. You dumb motherfucker. That's $90 a month, or approximately $3 a day. You're so fucking retarded I can't believe I'm even typing this out. Kill yourself immediately.

I'm up 28%.

>outperformed more than 95% of daytrader cucks by just holding

It must have been more than I thought.
Feel better, user.

>80%
Lmao they fucking wish. A study from 2009 analyzing 4 years data yielded 95% losers on average with forex retail traders at 99.96% losers, around 90% with futures.

>tfw 0.04% quant trader master race

Heh. 0.04% too..

Feels good bra.

;3 Pic related.

>overfit piece of shit
wew lad hope you are enjoying the 99.96%

Beat the Markets by investing in usury. Its the only true way of Jew

Bu.. Buh muh overfit!.

Stay mad cuck.

>dat equity drawdown on 07 jul
I've tried something like 200 volatility scalpers with martingale and every kind of bullshit you can imagine. All of them blew up.
Why don't you post August big boy?

Cos it went down by 6k and i panic'd closed everything and withdrew.
D:

But hey 15k profit aint bad for 3 months of trading.

>Cos it went down by 6k and i panic'd closed everything and withdrew.
You're less retarded than i thought. But if you want to play with the big boys, systematic trend following systems will make you rich.
But you need enormous balls to take oversized positions and withstanding huge dd.
I was down -59R in april, made 250R between may and june, now i'm into another -70R drawdown, heading for more as volatility starts picking up and my system reverts to the mean.

My win rate is around 14%. Find me one trader who can handle it and i'll show you a guy who makes money

How did your portfolio perform?

I've always wanted to do this.

When I first started trading as a wide eyed newfag I heard about trend trading.

So I put up two EMAs 50, and 100. and defined the 'buy region' to be in between them, with larger positions being taken the closer it is to the 100EMA.

The whole thing blew up with massive loss in a week with very little profit. maybe it was just bad luck but it turns out that ONE time in approached the region was the time it was going to break through.

Since then I've stayed off trend trading. Stuck with volatility humping and psuedo martingales with some sort of hard stop. 1-20k was the best run I had so far.

Previously I had a 1k to 11k run, but it blew up at 11k and I didn't have the sense to cut losses until like 2k was left. All real money unfortunately.

I'm testing a few things now in demo. Any tips on the kind of trend following your doing? I mean in these markets trends just seem to fully reverse as soon as a massive move is made. (In fact the 1-20k run depended on that kind of behaviour and it was pretty damn successful).

Nah, MAs just lag and are useless overall. Naked chart, maybe some oversold indicator as guidance (Bollinger Bands, stoch, demarker)
Try to look for price patterns around significant levels (high/low of the day/week/month), use them as entry point.
On an intraday basis, price is mostly mean reverting unless you have big new incoming, which means you could make money if you had access to real volumes to gauge individual levels (you can do that in futures with market profiling)

On higher timeframes (anything above h4) price just moves between high/low of the month (those will be your take profits) after a false break (that is, move below/above, followed by a close above/below that low/high). Take the daily GBPCAD chart 16th of august. You've had a move below the previous month's low, and then a close above it, which was enough for me to get in. Once the trend moves in your favor, start adding more positions as price moves in your favor.
You can use pretty basic candlestic patterns as triggers, inside bars, pin bars, double bar reversal (i only use these 3, but i have specific parameters to select them). The reson why these levels are so effective is because there are a lot of resting orders around them, and it's liquidity that moves price at the end of the day.
My minimum target is 10 times my stop, with positions added along the way. I usually endure long losing streaks,followed by monster sized gains (my best trade ever yielded 87R, it was last year's summer short on AUDUSD, one single position without counting the others i've added along the way).
There is some discretion involved, watch out for high impact events, don't use trailing stops. Meditate regularly or make sure you jerk off at least 4 times per day or the volatility will send you to the asylum

Oh and don't scale down when you lose. Only scale up when your equity gets bigger. You can understand why. Add on margin if required

When do you take profits?

I mean 10x is minimum, but what's maximum? If there is no maximum won't it be a case of "Trade is a straight up loser or it lives long enough to become a loser evetually".

Psssh kid. That's what you get for not day trading with cryptos. I made 8000% gains from riding the pumps and dumps.

>When do you take profits?
Opposite high/low of the month. How you structure your stop loss will determine your reward. The beauty of my system is that it adapts automatically to make sure that from my entry to my target i get at least 10R. There is no maximum on this strategy, when you git gud enough you can decide to let it run beyond its target and reap monstrous rewards.
This implies you will occasionally get a trade going to 8R or even 9R and then doing a 360 and moonwalk to your stop. The hardest part is accepting this. A small ego sacrifice on the way to fuck you money

>Trade is a straight up loser or it lives long enough to become a loser evetually
I've already told you that long ime frames exhibit less mean reversion than short time frames. A sufficiently high number of random positions with random stops and no fixed targets will make you some money eventually because trend exists.
The occasional trade turning sour will be offset by that single runaway position.

And you should know it. I'm sure you have toyed enough with your algos to notice that it's always a single position who never retraces who ends up fucking your account. Imagine doing the opposite: taking small losses until that position appears. Then doing it again and again until you aren't rich.
This principle works in nearly every market

About the 10R thing, my strategy has an edge for that risk reward. If you manage to come up with lower because you have a higher winrate; all the better

Thanks for this.

80 percent of people buy Veeky Forums-tier stocks though.

If Veeky Forums is calling you a bad investor, you know you're doing something right.

Ehh, I made 6 figures starting with a 4 figures portfolio in the altcoin market.

Crypto is for young new rich people, stay a poor grandpa if you still aren't in the crpyot game.

80% of day traders are retarded

t. Day trader currently up 800% since January

wow what a faggot.
You are obviously retarded. To much leverage. Or either you are on a pussy micro account. No one will risk that much to attain 800% gains.

Realize everyone, mutual funds do like 4% a year, private investors maybe 10% a year.

You are one of the best traders if you can make 60-100% a year.
800% stupid and shouldn't be even considered as that is gambling.

Of course.

Why would corporations want to be on the stock market if not to profit themselves somehow?

why would they allow others to buy shares of their stock, if not to pass all risk onto them?

if they truly believed their company is profitable then why would they give out ownership to others?

the reason being, is that when they know their company is about to sink, they can simply sell all their shares, leaving the day traders to get fucked when the ship sinks

This is accurate.

Or maybe they just had an IPO to raise capital?

Same deal with those cucks who lost money when bitfinex was "hacked"

Traders are always cucks

Buy and hold your bitcoins

>martingale

Haha, oh wow. You really are retarded.

>Traders are always cucks
>Buy and hold your bitcoins
1/10 bait

Up 300% since february bottom 6 figure portfolio. Up 200% since opening account marts 2015.

thats probally the reason im up 25 %

Wow user, you outperformed 99.999% of all other traders.

We must be extremely lucky to run into you on Veeky Forums. Share some advanced trading tips pls.

go to bi-lo.

get high.

i just buy low sell high brochacho ;>)

you dont have the talent, but sorry for cucking you out of your money. Not everybody can sing either, or play the violin properly. But some can. And some play it reeeaaaal goood.

;>)

>80% of day traders are proffessionals that have been watching markets for years
Users should have to prove they have an education before posting here.

Yeah seems accurate down $200 meme bucks in ~4 months trading but I'm getting better at spotting memes

>80%

I can outsmart 8/10 assholes

feels good be the 20%