/ps2g/ - PlanetSide 2 General

Grind 2 Edition

Update: the much-awaited hevy salt nerf is finally through! The average player is almost unaffected, but tryhards have switched to maining skillsuit and infil. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.
Also, a bunch of other shit nobody really cares about.
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-1-14.237234/#post-3341561

Secondary changes (not on live yet, probably isn't final too):
reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/46lnit/current_pistol_buffs/

PTS has some new ANT stuff and a basic construction system.
3 Walls
3 Bunkers
2 Turrets each

Vehicle Hacking: [YouTube] AutoPistol3rdPerson (embed)
---
>What is this game?
pastebin.com/baxwRMDg (embed)
>How do I play?
pastebin.com/CWn3VQJD (embed)
>How do I play? (advanced)
pastebin.com/p0ZwzqSu (embed)
>Tweaks and optimizations
pastebin.com/MEqFBUut (embed)
>Weapon stats and vehicle weapons
pastebin.com/341Dv7Y6 (embed)
>Weapons chart some user made
i.imgur.com/HOdhWox.png (embed)
---
on our last episode of shitposting general: (Dead) →
---
free shit: themittani.com/planetside2-mittani-pack

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/6YK2u#2tCLFxA
planetside2.com/players/#!/8266105775634766081
reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/4opaug/putting_the_es_into_esf/d4eft0b
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hello

lets meme

Banshee was fine.

First for Quake heritage!

>old OP
>shit tier pic/edition
What a waste of trips.

One thing I really admire about you all at DBG is how involved and truthful you guys are. It's really nice playing a game and knowing that the Developers/Coders/Marketing Management/Art team (I'm forgetting a shit ton of teams/people, excuse my ignorance) that participate in the community.
When something happens, you post about it here. If there's been an on going bug, such as the "dead body" glitch, you have a coder going into detail why it's happening.
Sorry Radar, I'm about to fan boy SUPER HARD RIGHT NOW
/u/Radar_X I know I shouldn't say this but, this was such a unique act of kindness to me. I didn't get into the PS2onPS4 beta, regardless of my veteran status on the game. I asked you through reddit message if I could have a key, without hesitation you said absolutely and gave me one. AND it was after work hours too. That meant a lot to me.
Not to mention back in the day I bought the Lynx for a daily sale and got charged full price, you gave me back ALL the DBC and let me keep the weapon. What triple AAA company would do that?
You and the rest of the DBG team are the best.
And it's great. It really is, I know you guys definitely get a lot more positive feedback now then lets say.. last September but I would just like to add to the positive feedback you guys have been getting. As someone who has stuck around since beta, through the best and the worst, I really think the game as of now is in an amazing spot and you all should be very happy/proud of your accomplishments since your split from SOE.
I've recent renewed my 6 months of membership and look forward to spending more time on this game. (as if I haven't spent enough already ;p)
Edit: I'm glad this got a lot of positive feedback, but I don't know if I should be even happier for the amount of seductive references being brought up.

>leddit

So, how do I use the HA resist shield properly? I kinda shit the bed with it and it seems to give me no benefits at all. Do I just need to upgrade it alot or am I using it wrong?

Sniping people using Terminals in Planetside2 is the highest skill cap activity in any video game, all time. Except for maybe Q3A CPMA duels or Quake Live CPMA duels before they made it as casual as it is now. If you think it's boring, it's because you hit a skill wall and can't get to the upper tier where you are literally king of the server.

imgur.com/a/6YK2u#2tCLFxA
planetside2.com/players/#!/8266105775634766081
reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/4opaug/putting_the_es_into_esf/d4eft0b
yeah fair enough, seems pretty balanced

You need to activate it before taking damage. Anyway resist is a meme forced by sub 5.0 Ivi kdr/1200 ivi score garbage players that can't win a 1v1 without is.

If you are good use Adrenaline, it let's you stack ridiculous amounts of effective HP and take on multiple people at the same time.

>adren
>can't tank a bolter hs
no thank you

you need to activate it before getting hit, not after.
upgrading is useful because of the extended duration, but it's perfectly viable at the first rank

>Log in for the first time in months
>"Oh cool. They finally introduced more resources and player-built shields and stuff. Hopefully it's less shit now."
>Still vehicle spam everywhere
>Servers still shit
>Russians and Spaniards and other subhumans still laggy as fuck
>Hit detection still fucked
>Instagibs everywhere

Guess I'll come back in another few months.

Adrenaline can tank a bolt headshot.

>adren can't tank a bolter hs
>no thank you

It actually can.

>Hit detection still fucked

It's literally client side, if you see them and hit them on your screen, they get hit - that's why you can die after running into cover. The hit detection isn't fucked; this is literally a case of aim better.

Are fighterfags usually this slow? Downed at least 5 mossies with skyguard when they tried to pod infantry that was moving into biolab.

>mossies

he meant dolphins

What are the most engineer-y TR helmets to go with the composite armor ?

Is CLAB still alive?

T1 and T2 bolter are irrelevant, nobody uses them except for NC lowbies and auraxitists.
T3 and CQC bolters do 1470 damage on headshot.

>It's literally client side, if you see them and hit them on your screen, they get hit
That's not how it works.

It's dead.
Only Lalunia and Mexican left, with random people popping up for a day every once in a while.

Found this on stackexchange:

I wrote the bullet code for PlanetSide. We had a few 'hitscan' projectiles, but mostly simulated the projectiles as best we could given the CPU constraints and the huge number of bullets in play at any time.

In the case of hitscan, impact is determined in the same frame as the input is received, often using a single raycast. This is appropriate for weapons such as lasers or other extremely fast projectiles. We did hitscan by just cranking the initial velocity on the projectile so high it would cross the game board in a single tick.

Non hitscan bullets are ticked, either to the graphics frame time or to a fixed timestep, with computations for acceleration (think rockets), gravity, air friction, guidance (think heat seeking projectiles) etc applied. The objective being to generate the projectile's terminal position for the timestep. Once the start and end points are established, one or more rays can be cast to approximate the flight path and detect any collisions that would have occurred during flight.

In both hitscan and non hitscan projectiles, what happens at a collision depends on your projectile properties and the surface you impact. For example, you might hit a hard surface, in which case you might check your bounce count and either adjust the position and velocity per a reflection, or detonate the projectile if you've hit your max bounce count. In this system, a rocket just has a max bounce count of 0. You might hit a soft surface and then check your penetrating power to determine if the projectile should continue through the material, etc.

It was fun code to write. Also, it's super useful to write good debug visualization of what's going on so you can inspect flight paths, events, etc visually.

>hitscan
I thought there weren't any hitscan weapons in PS2?
Or is this talking about PS1?

It's about PS1, that post was written in 2011.

I use adrenaline all the time m8, your fears of being headshot by CQC snipers are unfounded; it very rarely happens - most infils aren't trying to do CQC boltshitting, and usually when you run into one of them, they get you while your shield is down anyways.

>your fears of being headshot by CQC snipers are unfounded; it very rarely happens
A large fraction of my deaths are to bolters. Not to brag, but if you're a good infantry player, the main things you'll die to are bolters and A2G/HE.
>they get you while your shield is down anyways.
Which is one of the reasons why I use resist, it's always 100% effective, even if you have just a drop of it left.

>Not to brag, but if you're a good infantry player, the main things you'll die to are bolters and A2G/HE
not him, but i literally die only to those shit
am i a good player even with a low k/d?

>HE

You're bragging about being a good player while simultaneously asking how to use the resist shield properly?

wtf are you smoking

>HE
Why are people STILL complaining about this

>if you're a good infantry player, the main things you'll die to are bolters and A2G/HE
hahahahahahahahahahaha

If you're a good infantry player, you won't be getting killed with any regularity. Much less by bolt babies and vehicles.

Even if it were allowed, holy shit are VP9 encoders slow.

>max with jetpack
oneshot this infilths

Cyclone heavy is the infantry equivalent of Tomcats. Extremely effective and easy to use, but also so frowned upon that most players don't even want to use it. Hate tells are guaranteed, just like with Tomcats.

It can be sped up a fair bit with some of the more recent vp9 encoding methods

>while simultaneously asking how to use the resist shield properly
But I'm not you fucking mong, I'm giving advice on how to use it. Not that it's particularly complicated.

KDR is correlated, but ultimately not an absolute measure, of gudness.
If you win the vast majority of "fair" 1v1 engagements, then you are certainly not bad.
Being gud at infantry boils down to aiming better, understanding positioning and having decent awareness.

>If you're a good infantry player, you won't be getting killed with any regularity.
I never said I get killed frequently.
>Much less by bolt babies and vehicles.
t. infilshit/AI vehicle pro

The memories won't go away. I am scarred forever.
I really just meant AI vehicles as a whole, but instinctively typed HE without giving it too much thought. Really makes you think...

>I never said I get killed frequently.
it was directly implied

maybe you should get better instead of whining about similarly garbage players

>it was directly implied
um
no
Maybe you should neck yourself instead of making up things in order to back your shitpost.

um
yes
If you were good, you wouldn't die to boltbabies. It's that simple.

tfw you're not aiming better

>grinding out the autism medal on claymores for the FPS killing c4.

I feels so scummy, it's so broken. Occasionally I see guys on the dildar minimap checking the doorways for them, but I've hemmed them so far behind the corner that they still run through thinking it's safe. Now, to master the "blow up through walls" mechanic.

Still, in spite of this spam, my HTPM has not improved.

>Hate tells are guaranteed

well I know what I'll be doing for the next hour

this is just like my animays

Vanu: putting the anus in Arcanus

vanu: putting the fucking gay faggots holy shit into the no for real fuck these kids

Only ~300 more kills to go for me. Gotta get that purple.

you sick bastard

Cry more shitTR

fdead

Gasify the juice

>good fights going
>some minecraft fucks ruin it
who thought this point system was a good idea

who

>better fling blood all over and make sure I lose more
What a guy

but I don't want soda

I hate fucking faggots that do this.

So I havent played in about a year. Someone explain this ant shit to me. I think I just wasted about 6k certs buying a bunch of building shit. then instantly some nigger came in and destroyed all my hard boring work.

Build a base with friends

Use AI/repair modules and place one of all 3 varieties of turrets within range of them.

Surround your base with walls and a skyshield so the modules can't be sniped.

Congrats, you've built a small firebase that will get most lone vehicle and infantry forces to fuck off.

If you built a HIVE you did it wrong.