Is there an Eastern equivalent to Satan?

Is there an Eastern equivalent to Satan?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_infernal_names
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Eastern" as in?

Shaytan.

Asian.

Angra Mainyu

I suppose the Zoroastrian and Manichean dark entity is sort of similar. They have a very dualistic worldview.

Yes, the koreans

t. grorious nippon

Mao Ze Dong

There isnt even really a western equivalent

Santa

Well the concept of Satan more or less originated from Ahriman in Zoroastrianism.

Satan. Christianity is an eastern religion.

The whole idea of "Satan" (the idea of a singular entity who represents the root of all evil) started with Angra Mainyu/Ahriman in Zoroastrianism.

Interestingly, unlike the Christian Satan, Ahriman was considered just as powerful as Ahura Mazda (both are "equal but opposite" of each other), hence why Zoroastrianism is a dualistic religion, not a monotheistic one.

Yes, they call him "Allah"

Allah is just a more decent and humanist version of the god of the old testament

Hi Marcion

Who?

Satan is largely an extra-Biblical component of the Christian tradition, informed by European folk imagery, Dante and John Milton.

There are figures similar to Satan all over the world. Off the top of my head, Shiva, Hades, Mara, Angra Mainyu, the Shaitan.

What would Satans PowerPoint presentation be like at that meeting?

>Shiva
What. You mean Kali?

Everything would be written in comic sans because he is evil incarnate

Truely inhuman

Except for the page headers, which are in papyrus

>Satan puts shitting Ponyfag memes in it as well
>then explains to the audience why she thinks they are funny

Not even fresh ponyfag memes, but like common ones that are overused and need no explanation, entry level ponyfag memes.

Pls stop

Shiva and Kali aren't evil

Just cuz they look scary and weird to you doesn't make them evil

See: Every depiction of angels in the bible

How about you Poo-In-Loo Pajeet

Demonic devil loving satanist
Hindu is a false religion
Deus Vult, heathen

My god I'm just visualizing Satan spending 10 minutes explain the meaning and origin of "brohoof" in excruciating detail, and then forcing some minor hellspawn to come up on stage so he can demonstrate

> Deus Vult, heathen
Hindu killed more muslims than christcucks

Isn't this still a bannable offense?

Satan is the Western copy of the Zoroastrians' evil god, Angra Mainyu. Judaism didn't even have an evil counterart to God, the current Christian idea of Satan came from dualistic Persian tradition.

>humanities faggot, I ain't gotta justify shit

Not an argument
May you find your peace, brother

neither is satan.

I'm laughing.

Theres the Dajjal/Iblis but thats literally just Satan in Arabic

And the award of bullshit-I-took-outta-my-hat goes to...

>satan is a spergy neet
>gives daily presentations about his hellish interests
>today it's about my little pony
>"my lethal pony" as he likes to call it
>everyone has to have their eyes wide opened and give all their attention to his presentation or hellspawns jab your butt with their spears
>presentation starts
>with several 2013 ponyfag entry level memes
>he explains how he decided to make his presentation "20% cooler"
>he then proceeds to light fires around, increasing the room's temperature by 20%
>he chuckles to himself
>tfw today is going to be a long day

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_infernal_names

Ahriman wasn't viewed as a God though I believe.

Ahriman and Angra Mainyu are more or less the same

wrong

you think christcucks understand metaphor?

Growing up around Chinks: it's Yenluo who is the closest equivalent.

But he wasn't a Satan figure really: but a *literal* judge who metes out punishments in a divine court of law that either determines whether or not someone spends time in Chinese Hell according to Chan Buddhist Myth.

Which is temporary and literally a prison sentence before being spat out into the next world, or reincarnated, whichever you believe.

Well technically it originates in asia

*wong

Seitan

Orthodox Christianity existed in Arabia and Northern Africa prior to the rise of Islam.

So the Islamic conception of the Evil One isn't really foremost in depiction.

Ahriman is the Pahlavi version, Angra Mainyu the Avestic. It's considered equal to Ohrmazd / Ahura Mazda only in the Zurvanite theology. If Ahura Mazda is considered the supreme godhead, the positive antagonist of Angra Mainyu would be Spenta Mainyu (the good/bountiful spirit).

Marcion was an early Christian who thought the old testament God (Yahweh) was a phoney entity and the real God sent Jesus to sort shit out.

Had a discussion a day ago or so, it would be Mara in a very liberal sense.

Mara the Tempter.

Satan is the knowledge giver to man-kind. God is the deceiver/the irrational/the mad/etc. This is in the Book of the Genesis.

Mara is the deceiver, the tempter, the delusion, etc.

Mara tries to lead astray Buddha from the path of knowledge/wisdom/awakening to the truth.

What I sad initially about them being liberally similar is just that. They're both antagonists. However the roles are reversed. Where as Satan gives knowledge to man, Mara keeps knowledge away from man. God works the same way as Mara. Satan works the same way as Buddha.

To add to this, Satan is sometimes known as Lucifer. Lucifer is called the "Light-bringer".

The "the enlightened" is also Buddha's title. Similarities in both giving human the knowledge to be free is there

Stop with this Lucifer shit right here. The light bringer in the Bible was the king of Babylon, not the devil.

t. kim park

>he explains how he decided to make his presentation "20% cooler"
top kek

Lucifer's name means light bringer in latin.

Luci = Lux = Light
-Fer = Bringer

I know. My point is that at no point does the Bible call Satan "Lucifer".

No, but the Bible does make quite a bit of allusion to it. Satan is, as I originally said, sometimes called the Lucifer.

Its a small mark rather than a large on, still valid.

>Satan is, as I originally said, sometimes called the Lucifer.

Not in the Bible. "Lucifer" is a mistranslation from the Vulgate that refers to the King of Babylon, not Satan. Look it up. The introduction to the passage about Lucifer in Isaiah 14:3-4 reads "On the day the Lord gives you relief from your suffering and turmoil and from the harsh labor forced on you, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon". Light bringer / son of the morning was a common title of Middle Eastern kings back in the day.

"The serpent" tempts man into eating the apple, not Satan. That is in the book of Genesis.. Satan tempts Christ the same way Mara tempts Buddha.

I'm not sure which version of the Bible you have but you might need a new one

Satan is not Lucifer. Freemasonry believes that Lucifer is God and Satan is absence from God.

No where in the Bible is Lucifer mentioned as a Singular Character though. ISAIAH has a mistranslation, and the words lucifer in reference to Christ mean Bright Star, not Satan.
Lucifer is a word and not a name

Many believe the serpent to be an extension of the Satan's will.

In buddhism its called reincarnation/rebirth.

The serpent is identified as Satan in New Testament though.

Just wondering, how many "mistranslation" and "metaphors" are there in Bible?

Reincarnation and Rebirth are not Satan.

Metaphors are fine, but mistranslations are a pretty bad thing to have.

>Satan tells humans God can't save them
>Satan tells human the path to salvation is through knowledge and wisdom instead of blind faith
>Satan tells human to question these "miracles" and "graces" of God

Literally skeptic/buddhist incarnate

It is allegorical to.

Satan isn't a snake, but rather ignorance to God's word repreented by thw serpent represent by more and more. For example, Adam and Eve listen to the snake / and ignore God's word.

People who exalt Satan as the bringer of knowledge are forgetting the other side of the story and form all kinds of opinions about how bad God is. That is the ignorance to God.

Oh go the fuck away. I can't imagine going through life thinking that everything that disagrees with my worldview is the work of some sort of supernatural adversary. It's like being one of those nutjobs who thinks that the reptilians control every aspect of government.

You place enough blind faith in "Satan" to post that as factual

God even would have you question the miracles to the point of understanding them

Wouldn't christfags be the reptilians conspiracy theorists?

The satans would be the ones questioning the existence of these reptilians and their mind control power and their miracles

This might have been discussed already but I haven't browsed the thread if so just direct me to the post

Where did Saran come from? I've heard that he isn't present in the Old Testament and it's more of a New Testament thing at least In the way we think of him.

Irregardless, they are the same entity.