/slg/ - Second Life General

No derision or infighting edition.

previous thread Getting Started Guide: pastebin.com/pnnQtCDx
Shape Guide: pastebin.com/2pAKs7ub

For an invite to the Veeky Forums group, contact any of these people: pastebin.com/dyU3Zgqj
For other groups, paste these into your chat and click the link it creates to see the group info, and click the Join Now button:
Veeky Forums group: secondlife:///app/group/573a69eb-f90d-cfcf-daef-abf258c46191/about
/x/ group: secondlife:///app/group/309c8d64-3f92-ab12-68af-41820f67b120/about
/toy/ group: secondlife:///app/group/a2e063d9-413b-ab4c-6c3a-27ac87d38620/about

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UDmkoHmU7Vc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Looking for fantasy sims because I've never really tried one out and it could be interesting
>Start going through them to see what the people around them are like
>Dozens of humans / pointy eared humans calling themselves 'elves'
>humans
>humans
>humans
>Finally find a sim that 'allows any race and encourages playing different races'
>Generic furfags that are just foxes and wolves wearing the same shit the humans were en masse

I knew it would just be shitty pubbies but I figured I could find at least one interestimg sim, CHRIST.

>tfw no doorf civilization w/underground cities
FeelsBadMan

>doorfs

>he doesn't know about doorfs
Shit fortress, senpai.

get to diggin'

Gorean sims always have the most rips.

>tfw trying to make turn based RPG systems
I am... :(

>tfw u ugly and the girl u like dont like u back

>tfw your partner hasn't logged in or talked to you for a week

w-wanna be my partner instead?

w-wanna suck my bepis idiot

wtf owned as hell I just witnessed this fucking savagery

n-no

but i'll log in every day and b there 4 u

>almost halfway through 2016
>I still don't have a cute furry /slg/ gf
what's the point of it all

have you been taking slabs sex advice?

Fuck him, I asked for some tips and he just kept telling me to "be myself" and to wear denim shorts all the time

god i wish i were that horse

GAAAAAY

youtube.com/watch?v=UDmkoHmU7Vc

Elves are cute tho. Don't bully elves.

CAN be... if there weren't so fucking many...

This is the first dragon avatar I've seen in a while that I thought was cool.

Bully elves! The cuter they are, the cuter it is when they squirm and beg while you're giving them an atomic wedgie.

What if they have a unique look and backstory? Like a wandering elf bard that plays a magical lute that gives people erections? And people get so mad at him for giving them erections so they rape his boipussy to punish him? Cause that's what I'm doing this week.

So... just another typical elf...

There was a King Kong avatar a while ago... was about 15 feet tall or so and used a deformed avatar to move properly.

Remember:

Some people play Second Life in hopes of getting over depression, but will stop playing when their computer can't handle Second Life, they have trouble getting into a community, they find socializing to be too much work, they don't have the money to make an avatar, and they don't have the creativity to look cool.

Second Life is only helpful to get over depression if you have multimedia and computer science skills.

Remember:

If you aren't interesting, sociable, and funny in real life, you're going to struggle in Second Life.

BE SELF SUFFICIENT!!!!

>can script
>can model
>can use photoshop
>can socialize
>not a mong
>she still doesn't like you

are you missing a personality

please, I'm not Quoth.

>Want to play SL
>Feel like I shouldn't due to horrible social anxiety

Help me.

quoth is missing everything, including a sense of self respect.

"i watch anime" is not a personality trait.

I wish people weren't so mean to her, she can be quite sweet one on one.

Find a person who has or had the same sort of issues and hang 1 on 1 with them until you're brave enough to go places
a ton of people have social anxiety that play, or at least tried to play SL, it's called social PVP for a reason.

what kind of friends are you looking for user, I'd chill with you.

>she

>have social anxiety
>scared of talking to women
>hey maybe if I play SL I can practice talking to women
>end up making femboy and hang around gay sims even though I'm not even that gay just so I have an excuse not to talk to women
>don't talk to fags on gay sims because they generally disgust me
>end up just idling and jacking off to my avatar
This could be you, what are you waiting for?

I only spoke to quoth like once or twice before I dropped out of hanging out with Veeky Forums / /d/ / etc, and they were super nice, I wanted to try and be more of a friend with them but they just sort of spit you out like trash if you're not interesting enough to them

I imagine they're the sort of person that's always in pursuit of the people that don't like them or play hard to get, but once you actively try to get to be friends with them, you're old and boring news, hence the constant state of no real friends.

It still made me sad either way, they really did seem like a nice person under all that drama and bullshit.

Well the RP aspect of SL appealed to me since I'm a massive faggot. What kind of RP's are there?

One major problem I have is lack of anything to talk about. I tend to draw blanks when discussing things and feel bad since I feel like I'm the one to carry on the conversation. I have this problem even with close immediate family so I doubt I can easily fix it.

You can sit with me and chill out.

Whoops, posted the wrong pic

qt snek

radish is my waifu!!!

sure thing, snoop

quoth's autism is unmistakable
if you can't see it, there's no hope for you

There's all sorts of RP of a ton of variety, if it's not a super out-there idea, you can find it, the problem is a majority of the people will be extremely 'normy' so expect 45-60 year old awkward people who can't type well or have social awareness, enough searching and you can definitely find something though.

And, that's just being introverted user, almost everyone who isn't a social butterfly has that exact same problem and could see the exact same thing, it's perfectly okay.

Radish please you're already in groups and cool kids clubs (tm) with people, let some of us friendless people try to make a new friend or two for ourselves, you already have tons to choose from.

Well yeah, that's the point I was trying to prove, doesn't mean there isn't a good person underneath the 'tism though.

radish I love you your avatar is so cute omg :3!!!!

Yeah but if anyone needs to talk I am a living couch to lean on.

wtf radish you're so adorable jesus christ

very pretty looking avatar I give it 8/8 m8

damn u a fine ass bitch mama

pretty cute avi actually

hot dang your giblets are in all the right places ya hear

you're as like the freshest meme from /s4s/ since you make me the happiest :^)

woah haha classic cutie :)

I want to hug radish

radish please wrap me all up and give me kisses

sex ?

No, thank you.

I wanna snuggle with you radish

*pew pew pew* "care package availabe" *boop* "care package inbound" you look quite adorable, amazingly more adorable than the rest of the drones posted into this thread, you are like the sky to my sea, the sun to my moon, the sunshine to my leaves and the lightning to my thunder

Happy Father's day! Have you thanked your papa today?

my dad is dead

Only the onethat matters, and doesn't keep popping up every blue moon trying to be relevant

my dad was never here

No, because he abandoned my family

I miss catdad

Yes. My dad's always been there for me and also never left or nothing like that.

wasn't someone else sitting up there too?

guaranteed replies. every time.

>join SL
>get into it alone
>have no friends
>want to make new friends
>wander around different sims
>the only people who say hi are people trying to sell me shit because I wandered on their land that's for sale
>find a few cool places here and there across a sea of shit
>have too much social anxiety and can't strike up a conversation
>feels like everyone is in some sort of exclusive clique and breaking in will be hard
>too afraid of dropping spaghetti to speak so I just leave to keep wandering eventually
>just keep on exploring alone, finding abandoned sims to squat on
>haven't made a single friend yet

probably because you're fucking retarded

Sounds like you're playing SL correctly so far.

im me, Deathbysnuggle. I will be your friend.

name or part of name please

I'll chat with you sometime. It doesn't matter how awkward you are since I hang out with autistic furries so you'll probably be pretty normal by comparison.
grey.ormstein

All these abandonment issues, when was the last time you talked with your pap?

I don't know his number or where he lives, user. Even if I wanted to, I can't.

Nagas are furries.

satanic ritual to summon ghost dad?

Its just a cat

qt

that's dangerous

gimme the paws

How do I get to know a member of Veeky Forums better? I would like to know more about them because they are really cute!

Wear a wizard hat and ask them for a quest.

Sounds like my first 3 years of SL