Homerew & Hacking General - /hbg/ (Now with no ZTD leaks!)

Last thread:

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Free games: pastebin.com/cE8EmydS
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

>STILL NO ZTD LEAKS

second for ZTD LEAK BY TOMORROW NOON

3rd for nobody cares but you

Sorry, last thread is

9th for ZTD WHEN

NEXT
WEEK
LADS!

Got that same error for Shovel Knight v2.2 patch, not yet for anything I've downloaded. I would be pissed if I got that error after waiting a whole hour to download a full size game though

>Shit games

When do good games come out

4 8 15 16 23 42

TREEHOUSE & KNUCKLES

>no qt streaming app for o3ds
>tfw can't start my twitch career because chose wrong model
I'm really good at 4U. I'm sure I could make a living from this, if only I could stream.

march 2017

Still not working guys.

#
Dammit i'm scared of fucking my 3DS. I don't want shit like this happening out of nowhere # and waiting for a fix I guess i'll go search for a work to buy my games

Any good Pii U games?

How do I make NTR run with the latest Luma.

>Due to limited space, you can only download 20 non-cached themes every 6 hours.
Fucking stupid. I didn't even download 20 themes!

>not just making your own

oy vey donate more goy
also what the fuck does he mean by "limited space", that's not how bandwidth works.

Guys i just went looking for a cheap 2DS but theres only one around here and its in this color? Does it look gay? I wanted to buy a red or black one but this one is the only available, everything else is New 3DS and i don't want to buy it because reasons

>bringing 2DS trolling to the new thread

Probably doing local caching while uploading the themes to S3 or something (which has relatively expensive bandwidth).

2ds is shit you're better off killing yourself than owning one

>he doesn't have a pink 2DS
lol, what a homo.

I have one of that color, but maybe it's because I'm gay.

need the firmware.bin from the guide

I don't want to spend more money in a console for just a 3d effect. My kids are about to start school and i have too much stuff to pay for.

I downloaded the jip-jap version of zero time whatever, but get the infinite 3ds logo.
How do i fix it?
Formally i would go to the eshop to fix it, but im not jp.
It has something to do with dexrypt9?
Google has returned no good links.

The 11.0 fork works fine on my luma, with no firmware.bin. Just the ntr.bin in root.

nah he's hosting his entire shit website on digitalocean and is doing cdn caching through cloudflare

You literally can't, the seed isn't available on the servers and most likely won't be until release. Nobody outside of Nintendo has that encryption key.

The EU/US seeds are available but we don't have the titlekey for that. Yes, there is a certain amount of irony in it.

My little sister has one, its pretty neat irl.

Can i still use my R4 full of DS games in my 3DS?

yh

Ok, so I'm following Plailect's guide and I got the homebrew launcher installed and working fine, but now I'm supposed to do a 9.2.0 downgrade, and the "READ THIS" section (and linked thread) are making me a bit nervous.

Background info:
I bought my Old 3DS at launch. I was actually there at midnight and got the first one my store sold. I have the Ambassador tickets and all that, and until I started doing this, I was using the Toshiba 2GB SD card it came with. I switched to a different card (4GB) for the modding process, and basically EVERYTHING on my 3DS had been previously backed up to the 3GB card, all my downloaded games and all that.

The warning text in Part 2 of the guide says that 3DSs with Ambassador are particularly susceptible to softbricking when you attempt sysUpdater, but "can be prevented by performing a system format before downgrading". I realize this may sound like a stupid question, but I'd rather play it safe than make any assumptions. What EXACTLY does it mean by that? What specific steps do I take? I want to make sure I do this format the right way so I don't end up with an 11.0.0 system or worse.

Well diggity dang.
I guess ill keep it installed till we get the seed. By that point the eu/us version will probably be available though.

means you do a system format from the system settings, backup your saves and shit

As far as I know, all my saves are on the 2GB card. Is there any way to check and make sure of that though?

>fbi 2.3.1 is already out

Fuck I just injected 2.3.0 on my sysnand yesterday. Why do i have to risk another brick so soon?

Can't you just use the update feature? If it's already installed, what's the harm...

Would a PokéWalker work on a flashcart running HGSS since the 3DS has an IR port?

You know FBI has a updater now right?

no point in reinjecting every updated fbi when you can just use the injected one to install it so fbi is it's own thing, injected cia manager is basically just a backup just in case something happens

>people actually want the game to leak early on the console it will look the worst on

Any good games with qt lolis

Yeah because it looks so clean having 2 of the same homebrew programs.

That doesn't work with injecting. I wouldn't trust a homebrew to do it automatically anyway.

Please consider buying ZTD to support Uchikoshi!

Etrian Odyssey series

my injected one still has the h&s icon so it looks fine

There's streaming apps for n3ds?

Literally buying it on Steam, Vita and 3DS.
If only they would fucking list it for preorder though.

ntr

Sorry I'm not into cuck fetishes. Can you please just answer my question?

Fucking this
Except EOV

Go home Hurley.

Those brownies are a bit too young looking...

Hey (You), hownew.ru

nope, pokewalker only works with the real cart

Brownies are EOV only.
EO2 and 4 have the superior lolis.

I got this color for my wife's son. He really likes it and I'm pretty sure he's not gay.

Search up BootNTR

anyone got rhythm heaven titleid/titlekey?

I did a system format and now holding D-pad down when booting just gets me the regular 3DS home screen. Do I have to do step 1 again now?

If so, why isn't the recommendation to format at the beginning

yes have to start from part 1 and im not sure why it's not at the beginning

You will play a spoiled game then. Because I will make sure whatever you see, wherever you go, I will spoil it to you. Doesnt matter which board, which thread, which topic. I will find you and spoil the game.

>3ds pirated to play it asap
>pc to enjoy it the way it was intended, on a huge ass tv
>3ds physical to have the whole collection

This is the only way.

Fair enough.

Is ntr compatible with all games?
On Smash and Theatrhythm DQ the screen won't flash green when loading.

should be yes

I've got the purple 3DS. Is that homo? I really like purple hardware.

currently mirroring that dumb child's entire website, will upload to mega when done.

What's the best flashcart for playing DS roms on 3ds? I had a cyclo evolution for my DS lite but apparently that won't work.

>2.1.0 downgrade guide: "Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings if it is not already"
>OP: "DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE."

I'm probably retarded, or something, but what?

>doesn't know the difference between sysnand and emunand

quit now

Hey friends.

I'm attempting to install the latest patch for Smash 4 using WUP Installer (through the Homebrew Launcher, not the browser exploit). My Wii U is firmware 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1. I have the Smash disc, so this isn't for Loadiine or anything.

Everytime I run WUP installer through HBL, it will install about 20% of the update, then give me an error 0xFFFCFFBF, then kicks back out. I'd prefer to install the update using the HBL version of WUP installer over the browser exploit version, because the HBL version has a progress bar showing you how far along the install is. The browser exploit version gives no indication as to how far along the install is going, and you have to just guess when the install is finished (for something like Smash Bros, it can take like 8 hours due to each patch being like 2 GB.)

wat do?

Don't update sysnand if you plan on installing an emunand.

you're updating your rednand, not your sysnand

aka the thing you've been making for the past hour

op is talking about sysnand which is obvious

Okay, good, thank you for explaining the way in which I was retarded. That line just got done talking about emunand so I got confused.

>If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update.

probably any r4i is fine

there's a couple that let you put forwarders on the home screen, if you're into that. not all r4is support it (i think the sdhc one works)

I read in gbatemp that ntr won't load in Smash when using an o3ds because of memory issues, could be the same for other games.

What if ZTD doesn't actually exist

post hbg meemees

update: just saw "mlp nsfw" scroll bye, now contemplating suicide

>scroll bye
>bye
make it quick

>spent 4 hours getting cfw on my 3ds
>there aren't even any games to play
??? why

yes I made a typo thanks for pointing that out, let me find the edit button real quick

Don't be mad user

any quick link to Ciangel cia and the bin updaters guys? I have the one with the banner song one but I read the other one has more recent updates (saw the author posting here)

read the OP

you have to download them

I'm on mobile Famalam but I'll try searching myself just asking if you guys had a speed dial link I have no access to my PC I just want dank brew support o(;△;)o

>no games
Zelda
MH
Fucking Pokémon
Rhythm Heaven
Kirby
7th Dragon
Etrian Odyssey
Shin Megami Tensei

kek

So how do I update FBI at 1.4.17? I want to download with QR codes

fucking nice

>Shin Megami Tensei
what exactly? there's so much

n3ds jp looks better than this shit. white's my favorite color. i wanted this 2DS but part of me wants the small n3DS way fucking more than anything right now

Do it user. I got the pokemon n3ds bundle and I love it